MNM#5 Ryan Harrison Vs Tony Valentino

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valentino

Reaction score
(The scene opens up to the theme song of the Tonight Show, played by the Tonight Show Band and led by Max Wienberg. Conan O'Brien walks at his usual set of pace to an enormous crowd response. He lets the crowd go on for a bit and then raises his hands to quiet them down)

Conan: Quiet down my babies, quiet down..its just me

(The crowd gives one quick burst of applause and quickly settles down)

Conan: Ladies and gentleman we have a great show tonight. This could possibly be the best show of the year, its that good. Wouldn't you agree Andy?

Andy Richter: I certainly agree, Conan.

Conan: Star of the upcoming movie, Youth in Revolt, we have Michael Cera joining us. And IWF professional wrestler and one of the top young stars in Hollywood, Tony Valentino will be joining us tonight!

(The crowd erupts for the Los Angeles native, Tony Valentino)

Conan: With musical performance by Muse!

(The crowd cheers for the band, Muse. After announcing the line-up for tonights show, Conan spends a few minutes with his monologue. He has his usual hits and misses, but the crowd especially enjoyed jokes about Jon Gosselin from Jon and Kate PLus 8, and also the octomom and her hopes for 2010)

Conan: Your watching the tonight Show with Conan O'Brien and the Tonight Show Band, stick around, don't miss it! When we come back, Tony Valentino will be joining us.

(The camera cuts away for commercial as we see Conan walk over to his desk. The band plays random well known songs for the crowds enjoyment. Off to the side we see Mr.Gold, dressed in his usual business suit attire. He waits eagerly for the shows first guest, his friend and client, Tony Valentino. As the show returns from commercial, the band begins playing their version of Valentino's theme song, Superhero. Valentino walks out from the curtains and is met with a huge reaction by the crowd. He smiles and waves to the crowd and points over in Mr.Golds direction as he makes his way to the couch by Conan. He greets Conan with a handshake and turns around for another wave to the audience before finally sitting down. A teenage girl in the audience shreeks out "I LOVE YOU TONY" and both Conan and Tony share a laugh)

Conan: Wow, I wish they would cheer for me like they cheer for you, that's incredible.

Valentino: Haha, I love it. These are my people. Los Angeles baby! I love you too girl!

(The crowd cheers again and the camera shows the loud fan in love with Valentino. She is wearing a "Hollywood Heart Throb" t-shirt and is gushing with excitement. The cameras return to Valentino and Conan)

Conan: So you let me get this straight, they call you "The Natural" and "The Hollywood Heart Throb"...I love that, I wish I had nicknames like that. When I was a kid my nickname was Pasty...and Hey Kid Move.

Valentino: Hey Kid Move, I like that.

Conan: Yeah, 8 years old my mom would yell out "Hey Kid Move"

Valentino: Well check out your nickname now...MR.Tonight Show

Conan: Did ya hear that Max, Mr.Tonight Show

Max Weinberg: ...........Conan...........

(The crowd laughs from the awkwardness)

Conan: Ok so lets get down to it. You started out as an actor, correct?

Valentino: Yes, thats right.

Conan: And all of a sudden you decide you want to become a professional wrestler? How did that happen?

Valentino: Well it's not something that I decided overnight. It was more like a few nights. A few years ago I got this role to play a pro wrestler in a movie. Thats what first introduced me to this business. Then I was in a small part in "The Wrestler" starring Mickey Rourke.

Conan: That was a huge movie.

Valentino: Yes, it was. But they cut my parts out, so unfortunetly, it wasn't as good as it could have been.
So I get this role as a wrestler, and it really opened up my eyes. I never realized the stress and strain it has on your body. We're constantly on the road. We're in a differenct city every night. If it wasn't for my own personal plane I would never get a chance to go home.

Conan: So you travel on your own plane?

Valentino: Yeah, it beats going everywhere in a bus. Or through regular airlines. I got a good deal on mine, John Travolta introduced me to the pilot and I ended up buying my own personal plane. What you dont have one Conan?

Conan: I really don't need one. People don't run up to me like they do you. In New York whenever someone ran up to me it was to mug me. So what do you enjoy more, acting or wrestling?

Valentino: Hmm. I love them both. Wrestling is so competitive, it's so aggresive, and I love that. I really enjoy kicking people in the face for a living. On the other hand, acting is just a passion I've had since I was a kid. The people I meet and get to work with, the places I've been to, its all a result of me acting for all these years. I can't really choose.

Conan: Now when you say kicking people in the face, you're serious. We have a few clips where you're actually kicking someone in the face.

(They show clips of Valentino Sunset Kicking Bobby King in the battle royal match, and then again in his one on one battle, a brutal Sunset Kick to William Andrew Roberts, and finally to JD Michaels in which he pins Michaels for the three count after)

Conan: That is impressive my friend. I would not want to get in the ring with you.

Valentino: Its a very brutal sport. Its a sport where only the strongest survive, and if your weak, your not going to last long. Im very thankful for the IWF for giving me a shot. Im just a young kid from Hollywood, you know, an actor, and now I'm climbing up the ranks as a superstar.

Conan: Which brings me to your next oppenent, a guy named Ryan Harrison I believe.

Valentino: Thats right Conan. Like I said before, Im new to the whole wrestling business. I have four matches on my belt, 2 of them victories, and I don't know much about Harrison except that he is an exceptional wrestler. I've only seen him in a few matches and he definetly has what it takes to be successful, thats for sure. It's going to be a really great match, and I hope everyone hear tunes in on Thursday night.

With that being said, this match means a great deal to me. Bobby King knocked me out of contention for the World title a few weeks ago. I thought I was done. I thought I'd be banished to the opening matches or forced to what we call 'the darkside' and not even have any television time. That was until I get a call from my agent telling me Im a contender for the Intercontinental Championship. That is so perfect for me. This game is all about stepping stones. No one ever begins at the top, Conan. You know that. You have to work your way up, gradually, and in time, after you have paid your dues, then you find yourself at the top of that mountain. That's where I am aiming to be. Sitting at the tippy top of the mountain, looking down at everybody else. One step at a time, thats what I'm doing. I beat William Andrew Roberts for my first victory. There was my first step. The following week me and my good friend Dominick Aviles team up and beat Bobby King and JD Michaels, another step. Unlike Roberts, King and Michaels actually have some potential in the IWF. Beating them last Monday was a huge confidence boost for myself, and I think I really showed our General Manager Montana what I can really do here.

Conan: Tha---

(interrupting Conan, Valentino stares into the camera with a sudden chill. His expression has changed entirely)

Valentino: Ryan Harrison is a very good wrestler. I like the guy. But Thursday night it's a different story. He'll be just another road block for me. I wont even see him as "The Next Level" Ryan Harrison, I'll just see another wall I need to run through in order to get what I want. He calls himself a rising star. I look at him and see a falling star. Nothing but alot of hot gas, that has reached his pinnacle of success already. He may have had his 15 minutes of fame, but that was then. He may have had some sort of following before, but that was then. He wants a shot at the gold, he's going to have to establish himself first. Harrison would be a fool to underestimate me, as like everyone else in the Impact Wrestling Federation. There is nothing more frightening than a man determined for success, and the man, baby. Check me out. Ask about me. Look at the tapes for yourself. I play this game to win. I put my life on the line night in and night out, giving these people a show of a lifetime. That is something that the IWF Staff has noticed, for sure. Guys like Bobby King, Red Shield Mafia, JD Michaels...they're boring. They're an eye sore. How they manage to still have a job here puzzles me. I'm Tony Freakin Valentino over here. I put on a show like no one else knows how to. I give the people what they want, and what the IWF wants. I give them ratings like never before. Everybody wants to see Valentino the movie star in action. Women of all ages flock like birds to come watch me. Wrestling fans can truely agree that I am exactly what this company needs, and I would be honared to represent the IWF by wearing the Intercontinental Championship belt around my waist. Im certainly not letting anyone step in my path to greatness. I've been blessed to step in the ring with great talent so far, and I'm sure Harrison will give me a run for my money..but I have alot of money Conan. And I can run for miles. You may be the NEXT big thing, you may not. But right now, I am that deal. Right now, its all about The Natural, its all about what I'm about. Tomorrow may never come for you Ryan, but today...today I aim to make my own.

(Valentino stands up and raises his arm to probably the biggest applause of the night as his L.A. crowd goes absolutely crazy. Conan looks in shock of the extensive interview as there might not be time for Michael Cera and the other guests)

Conan: Um, we'll be right back with Michael Cera, I think. Maybe.

(Valentino shows off for the camera, flexing and blowing kisses. Mr Gold joins him with a fist pound as the two talk to Conan O'Brien. The Tonight Show Band begin playing again and the camera fades out)

cronulla_sharks

Reaction score
OOC: I tried to post this yesterday however I couldn't get on for the entire day yesterday.

The scene stars up in a small sized room. The camera shows a small circular wooden table in the middle of the small room. From behind the camera, into the view walks Ryan Harrison. Ryan is wearing casual clothes, which have replaced his usual wrestling clothes. He is wearing a casual t-shirt, and long jean pants. He grips the nearby table, with his back turned to the camera for a short brief period, before turning around to face the camera; with a short smile on his face.

Ryan: "Welcome all. Now last week, I, Ryan Harrison finally got back to my winning ways; and I have to be honest and say that it feels correct; like some justice has been received. You see, I felt that maybe I was stuck in a spot that maybe I was unfortunately destined to stay for the rest of my career. That I would be one of those superstars whose career managed to get off to a great start … but nothing ever came from it. And whilst I am still an extremely young superstar, the recent lack of success that I have been having over the last few weeks, was a major fear of mine. I admit that recently I, Ryan Harrison, was afraid that the recent lack of success that I was having, could continue and become a common theme. That I would become something; something irrational, something common, and something uncharacteristic. My losses, though not natural, though caused by a flying obsessed, untalented freak, were mounting up. And that needed to stop. Those numbers were not favouring me, those number were not helping my career. Yes, as I mentioned earlier. I am still quite young, on an average based upon past wrestling Champions, I am a few years younger than the youngest World Champion recorded in the history of our great business. So there is still a large period of time before I should be worried. And for my age I have accomplished quite a bit ... but not enough! No! If I am happy, at my age to allow my losses, and yes they are losses, to continue because I have yet to clip the wings of that wannabe flying freak; than I have failed and I am happy with that failure. To allow that is to make myself common, regular, basic. And that is something that the IWF, the Intercontinental Title and the wrestling industry prides itself on; standing apart and driving forward.

"Don't understand? Its quite simple, here's a question for all you people watching on the big screen in this arena and for those who will watch this eventually at home. How many great wrestlers have you seen that have used what is known only by position, as the 'second-tier title', as a career stepping stone to firmly establish themselves in their federation? That's right; a large number of superstars. A large number of future World Champions were at one point the second-tier Champion of their company. And guess what? They did not feel restricted by their position; no! They saw an opportunity. They made sure that their name was a talking point and when they finally let go of that second-tier title they had their hands around, they realized that they were experienced enough and thus ready for the World Championship of their federation."

Ryan walks briefly around the room, turning his back on the camera. He maintains this position for a brief period before Ryan turns and looks directly at the camera, smiling yet determined and focused as he does so.

Ryan: "Now, here's another question; how many great wrestling matches and to a longer extent feuds, have you seen centered around the so-called, 'second-tier title'? That's right, a large number; too large a number! People, how many former WWE Intercontinental Champions, how many former WCW US Champions and to a more relevant and recent extent, how many former of the old IWF Intercontinental Champions, have you seen become WWE Champions, WCW World Heavyweight Champions and IWF World Champions in regards to their relevant World Title? That's right, numerous. Because often the greatest World Champions come from having spent such a large period of time establishing themselves in the area of the so-called 'Second-Tier' title. So, when you break it down, something I, Ryan Harrison need to establish in my head, is that very few people, by-pass the Intercontinental or 'Second-Tier' title stage of their Federation, to become World Title. Unfortunately, I'm no Brock Lesnar ... but looking normal and not like a steroid-bound freak has its advantages; for sure.

"But anyway, you see, I'm looking at this as a major positive. Many people, many moronic people, would see this as a step down; as a step in the wrong direction. But believe me, they couldn't be more wrong. I am so young, with my career still infront of me. And what I simply needed was direction. The IWF Intercontinental title is direction and I need to establish direction. Because last week, Hutt Anderson put on a great match. I can honestly tonight look straight down at this camera and easily say that Jabba the Hutt Anderson was a much better opponent than I imagined. He was talented, skilled and he went the distance. He could have easily defeated me and when we meet again, and eventually we will, I won't be surprised if he does manage to defeat me; because he is talented enough to do so. But the result for last weeks match in comparison to the weeks before is surprisingly different, and as there were no interferences by Jayson Raven, the result is in my favour. Isn't that surprising? See Jayson, maybe if you just stayed ... flew away, the IWF would run smoother. The superstars who can actually win their damn matches will continue to... win their damn matches and thus they'll move up the ladder. And then they'll be assigned to the positions they can actually compete in, and they'll compete for the titles they are supposed to have wrapped around their damn waist!"

Ryan walks around the room again. He grabs the nearby table in the center of the room; holding onto one of the rounded edges of the small circular table, in an attempt to calm himself down. Ryan's breathing is more clear yet more obvious, as he attempts to filter out the raised breathing tone from the period just before. After a few seconds of such, Ryan turns once again to face the camera.

Ryan: "Not that I am complaining about the IWF's Intercontinental Title. By no means, no. Haven't I just mentioned the great history of unfortunately named 'Second-Tier' titles, their feuds and previous Champions? Yes, I have just gone through the history of Championships. I am very honoured to be chosen and listed as one of the four men to be competing for the IWF's Intercontinental Title. ...Yet herein lies the problem. What I am a little frustrated with, is that once again, I am competing in a series of matches to establish the number one contender, this time for the Intercontinental Title. And look, I'm an intelligent and rational guy; I understand that with this many wrestlers in a company that when you break it down, is still finding its feet, it will take a few months before you filter out the junk and maintain the smooth routine that the IWF is starting to finding. The joke to this though is that you limited this to four men. Four men and one will become the face of the IC Title. The very first in this new, legendary IWF. The one that people look to; even if they don't want to. But I, I don't understand some of your choices. CMS in all honesty was a great choice. He is talented, motivated and a Superstar of the past. He's dangerous and a real threat for me in this closed competition. A great challenge, and someone who brings a real legacy to the upcoming IWF Intercontinental Title. Like I said, once again, a great choice.

“But Jayson Raven? The IWF heads honestly chose Jayson Raven? A man, with little to no talent. Who makes a name for himself by interfering in better wrestlers matches? Move him down a title quality; he still won't understand that the future IWF 'third-tier title' is waiting for him. Yes, he's just making up the numbers, and sure, he's probably being pushed to the sky because of the past history he has; especially with me, but he has little to no chance of beating CMS. CMS will out wrestle him easily. And then what? I'm sorry fans, but you won't get the big pay off Ryan Harrison vs. Jayson Raven for the Intercontinental Title match. No! Instead you will have to wait weeks, potentially months! And I may not have the IC Title with me at the time; thus removing it from the equation and the big money pay off! Yet, you continue to include Jayson Raven? You continue to include him in the formula, potentially making the flying freak part of the equation? Why? You are wasting time and efforts; people really don't care for him and when he's removed in the first round of the Intercontinental Title tournament, move Jayson Raven to his deserved position of the Dark Matches, ie. the matches the people are spared from seeing unless they come to the arena. Its a position my mentally challenged flying freak that you well deserve; as it will be part one completed in removing you from the future of this company."

Ryan stops, smiles and refocuses his attention into the line of the camera.

Ryan: "And, now we move to man number four; the man who is in my direct line of sight and that is Tony Valentine. That's right Tony Valentine, the man who only gets lucky in mid-February; not that that should matter, as believe me Tony baloney, you won't be getting lucky with me ... not when you have a ding-dong, and not in a wrestling ring."

Off camera, the crowd laughs very briefly at this.

Ryan: "But no, there is a lot on the line this week and I need to continue with the victory I earned from last week, as I go about continuing this streak thus earning two wins in a row; moving closer to becoming the very first IWF Intercontinental Champion; and lastly but definitely not least, removing the flying freak Jayson Raven from the equation, full-time. Unfortunately, I'm not facing JayJay Raven this week; with the Valentine being the name placed next to mine. So as such, I'm here to focus on the match and opponent ahead. So Valentine in regards to our match this week, will you put up a great effort like Jabba the Hutt Anderson did last week? I have no doubt that you will but you Antoine-the only-baloney um ... Valentine, are not here to create a conclusive victory. No! Just like Jayson Raven, you have the unfortunate job of being simply a number or a statistic for this upcoming Mayhem. Oh things will eventually get better for you. See, unlike Jayson you've actually got the talent and patience to get better, and Conan can't wait to hear it. But I want progress, I want success and the Intercontinental Title tournament is just the way for things to go. This upcoming title tournament is just what I need to cement my place in this company. I want the IWF to realise that they've got real talent here; and I want that Intercontinental title. I want to lead the new era of the IWF's Intercontinental title. Because buddy, I am the next big thing, without talking body weight. Infact, if there was no Raven of sorts to interfere, I could have even fulfilled my position as the IWF's 'Rising Star' already. But no, things got in the way, I was moved down a little and unfortunately I am doing things the hard way."

Ryan walks around the room for a brief amount of time; his back turned to the circular table and the camera man. Ryan then turns around once more to face the camera man, moving slightly to his right. He then makes a motion to the door, the only exit to the small room, signaling for the camera man to follow him with the camera as he does so. Ryan opens said door and the camera man moves out of the room, passing Ryan and moving infront of Ryan as he does so. The camera man, positioned infront of Ryan, walks backwards whilst holding the camera. Ryan, inview of the camera man walking backwards, follows, heading in the direction of the camera.

Ryan: "Come on camera man, you're walking safely backwards. Just continue, follow me and I'll show you something."

Ryan and the camera man continue to make their way down the hallway, changing direction to the right as they pass a number of people, staff men and opening wrestlers on their way to their unknown destination. After they pass a group of unfamiliar people crowded on the right, Ryan speeds up, changing direction by moving infront of the camera, so that the camera man is no longer walking backwards. However, Ryan turns his back to the camera so that he is walking face forward. He walks for roughly half a minute, eventually turning left at the end of the corridor. The pathway ahead is quite a small one with a number of small objects scattered throughout the path. Ryan turns once again and faces the camera man.

Ryan: "See up ahead?"

The camera view shows an obvious large curtain. The cheer from the other end becomes quite larger and more obvious. Ryan speaks into the camera once more.

Ryan: "Yeah, I can hear that. You guys know what that is. That's the big piece of material that's separating you guys, the house show crowd from us, the wrestlers. But wait..."

Ryan pushes back the curtain and steps out with the camera man onto the entrance ramp, infront of the crowd who are much more vocal now after having seen Ryan on screen for the last ten or so minutes.

Ryan: "That's right people. Now, you know, as cliché as it sounds, and to an extent it is, whilst I am doing things the hard way, it is kind of worth it. Look at how many great wrestlers from federations come and past; have worked for years and years, to simply make their mark in their federation. Wrestlers whom for years were stuck in a bad position, no matter how talented, creative or how much they stood out. So yes, I am doing things the hard way. Simply because a bloody bird freak couldn't understand that he's just not good enough, I am working harder. But you know, as I've said, its worth it. The fans of this company are better, I believe I have made that clear, and thus I will work harder. I will face whomever I have to face. I will beat whomever I have to beat. The fact that the Intercontinental Title is in the equation just increases my desire for success. Why not add another superstar into the IWF's future equation? That's right. Fans! People! The IWF has a huge future and I am one of the superstars who plan on being a large part of it. My stardom is rising, slower than I originally thought but it is rising. And at the upcoming Mayhem, though Tony baloney will no doubt put on a great match and prove that he's an upcoming superstar, I simply will continue to make a case for the future of Ryan Harrison, the first ever IWF Intercontinental Champion.

"Now fans, I know that you're a little tired of me."

A few fans cheer at this.

Ryan: "And that you want to watch some damn good matches that you paid for."

More fans cheer at this.

Ryan: "No worries, I'll let all of you enjoy the rest of the event ahead. So as such, ladies and gentlemen, I bid you adieu."

At this, the intro of "We Die Young" by Alice in Chains blasts over the PA system. The camera man moves behind the entrance ramp. No pyrotechnics or any other of the usual intro techniques take part, as Ryan looks around at the house show crowd. Ryan moves down the ramp, slaps the hands of a few fans at ringside; before eventually turning his back and making his way back behind the entrance ramp.

Status
Not open for further replies.