MMA General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Lavar Johnson too much man for MMA, would've thought otherwise the way he looked during his fight being on his back like a battered wife.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Rumble Johnson decision'd Arlovski on the WSOF show, in case anyone was wondering.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Rumble Johnson decision'd Arlovski on the WSOF show, in case anyone was wondering.

Broke his jaw too, apparently.

Also, it wasn't a great fight but I was really surprised by Arlovski's ability to hang in there given all the talk made about his glass jaw after his recent fights.

I'm not certain though if that says good things about Arlovski or horrible things about Johnson.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
What I want to know is if he actually made weight. Smart that he keeps moving up divisions since he is terrible at cutting weight, amazing that he was a welterweight for most of his career.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Demetrious Johnson fights John Moraga at UFC on FOX 8 for the flyweight championship, this is the mainevent for the show. Also, Miesha Tate vs Liz Carmouche has been signed to this card as well as Matt Mitrione vs. Brendan Schaub.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Zuffa really needs give these birthweight classes and female fighters name tags, I have no idea who Mighty Mouse's opponent is. I never heard of him. UFC really wants to push these division, they actually need to showcase the entire divison, not just one person on top. Basing your product on name value alone doesn't draw PPV buys. Atleast GSP gets established names.

These midget divisions need fighters who have larger than life presonalities, because it really doesn't draw well.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
UFC 163 adds Demian Maia vs Josh Koscheck to its card. This is probably Kos's last fight in the UFC if he were to lose here.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
UFC Tonight ‏@UFCTonight 12h I’ll fight at 205. I’m not retiring. I’m 36 years old. I have a lot of goals and not going to reach them if I retire. - @Sonnench
Retweeted by UFC

Wanderlei Silva ‏@wandfc 12h @sonnench?
Retweeted by UFC

MarkTheFuckOut.gif

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Wandy - Sonnen would be good, especially with Wandys resurgance.

Any else find it Blue that if Hunt beats JDS he's linked to fight Nelson afterwards. Makes no sense even if you dont like Hunt to go from beating the #2 HW in the world to a barely top 10 gatekeeper.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Any else find it Blue that if Hunt beats JDS he's linked to fight Nelson afterwards. Makes no sense even if you dont like Hunt to go from beating the #2 HW in the world to a barely top 10 gatekeeper.
I don't think they're linking the two together IF Hunt beats JDS, more a case of linking the two together WHEN Hunt loses to JDS because hunt will be getting a title shot should he beat JDS.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I found it stupid too, I like the fight but beating JDS and beating Kongo are not in the same universe.

Sonnen should go back to MW, I don't like his chances at all at 205. All well and good claiming he's one of the best wrestlers in MMA but that's null and void when a guy is bigger and stronger than you. I'd fancy guys like Bader, Davis and Rashad to ragdoll him around much like Bones did. The Wandy fight is all risk, no reward for him.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
In other positive news, Kongo left the UFC. The most boring heavyweight in the division not named Brendan Schaub is gone, so happy. I'm sick of him being put on main cards, he hasn't done anything since that crazy win over Pat Barry.