MMA General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I think Belfort could take Bisping. If he connects and then unleashes the barrage its all over.

But for now... yeah I don't see a clear number 1 contender for Silva. If Bisping can beat Belfort then I'd say yeah cause Bisping falters against these big name fighters.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
The thing is too, a number one contender right now in the MW division is pretty pointless given that we look to be getting GSP/Silva providing he overcomes Condit. Bisping has already said that providing Silva, Weidman and himself wins then he'd be willing to fight Weidman and not sit on the sidelines waiting for Anderson.

Think the best thing that could happen for the MW division is for the Anderson/GSP fight to happen next so by the time Anderson is ready to fight again at MW, the division should have sorted out it's contenders.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
If Bisping hadn't got screwed against Sonnen in January, he would of had his shot already.

He's been treated pretty damn shabbily to be honest, he was willing to fight Boestch on short notice in a #1 contender fight too until Boestch got injured in the spring. Don't know how many more hoops they want the guy to jump through before they give him a shot, whether you think he has a slim chance of beating Anderson or not he's still a way better choice than Weidmann.

Bisping, Belcher then prol Weidman/Boestch winner in the pecking order IMO. Not fair to rank Belfort high when he barely fought at middleweight in the UFC.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
The thing is too, a number one contender right now in the MW division is pretty pointless given that we look to be getting GSP/Silva providing he overcomes Condit. Bisping has already said that providing Silva, Weidman and himself wins then he'd be willing to fight Weidman and not sit on the sidelines waiting for Anderson.

Think the best thing that could happen for the MW division is for the Anderson/GSP fight to happen next so by the time Anderson is ready to fight again at MW, the division should have sorted out it's contenders.

Now is the ideal time for Silva-GSP. There's no clear cut contender at MW and with half the top WWs sitting on the sidelines waiting for GSP, theres no clear cut contender after Condit gets thrashed.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Well GSP has also ran through pretty much all those welterweights as well. He beat Condit and we are set.

Belfort shouldn't be ranked too high but if he is able to overcome Bisping then I think he'd be a fight or two away from a MW title fight. Just IF he were to fight Anderson a second time he wouldn't be as timid as he was the first time.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
I rank Vitor highly because while he does come up short in big matches he only loses to big names like Silva, Couture, Tito, Liddel, everyone else he tends to walk through, I can see him easily dispatching of the likes of Boetsch, Weidman, Lombard with relative ease.

Reaction score
Not UFC/Strikeforce/Belator related, but my buddy won his first amateur fight over the weekend. It was unfortunate that during the first round, the guy he was facing caught the right side of his face and his contact moved up into his eye so he couldn't see, so he had to throw his Gameplan out of the window and try to take him down as much as possible. The guy was supposed to be really good at Muay Tai, keyword there, supposed.

I bitched at my buddy when he came back because he didn't stand and bang, but that was before I knew he couldn't see because of his contact.

Here's a video of the second round that another buddy of ours took. He was a little further back then us so he actually got a better video. He's in the blue corner, white trunks.

[video=youtube;X2tMZr5bbP0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=X2tMZr5bbP0[/video]

They were all drunk, so you should probably listen to it on mute.

This was 135lbs. When we started working out in January, he was about 170lbs.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
What a scared pussy.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
DANG IT! WHY! GRRRRR... Carwin ain't ever gonna fight again.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Anthony Perosh is off the FX card after this happened in training.....

A7kgkpoCcAEW2hq.jpg

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
That injury is pretty nasty.

Yesterday it was confirmed that the Ultimate Fighter is moving back to Wednesday nights.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Couple of things came out today.

Roy Nelson will now fight Matt Mitrione next month, and Jon Fitch vs Demian Maia has been booked for UFC 156.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
DANG IT! WHY! GRRRRR... Carwin ain't ever gonna fight again.

I was thinking the same thing, being out so long with so many injuries piled up on one another he might have to call it quits. Its not like he was ever going to go anywhere, he lacks the technique to ever be a Champion unless a bus carrying Overeem, Werdum, Cain and JDS is hit by a meteor. At most I could see him maybe coming back for one last fight just to put a light at the end of this tunnel.

As for Meathead v Nelson, eugh the UFC actually managed to make a fight that I care less about than Nelson v Carwin.