MMA Fighters Vs Pro Wrestlers on the Silver Screen

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
After watching Randy Couture and Stone Cold Steve Austin go at it in the Expendables a lot of questions from fans of combat sports seem to always pop the question as to who would win between MMA Fighters and Pro Wrestlers. Unfortunately, the only real place that can really be contested is on the silver screen so I feel it's best to ask you guys... who would you like to see matched up on the big screen?

My on screen dream fight (considering past online slams) would be Jon Jones Vs CM Punk. It's an odd pairing of people but I know that they both have martial arts training and could definitely have the ability to have hollywood drawing power.

Plus I think it would be a unique contrast in styles, Jon Jones has a unique blend in techniques and I know that CM Punk has trained with Rener Gracie and when he first came to WWE was marketed as a Muay Thai fighter.

Given their large statuses I also wouldn't mind seeing Georges St-Pierre and John Cena go at it. But it wouldn't be half as interesting as Jones Vs Punk, 'cause I know Georges would whoop Cena's ass without a doubt.

Any other suggestions people? And it doesn't have to be an MMA Fighter - it can be a pro boxer, or kickboxer, or karate artist.. let's hear them people!

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
Tito Ortiz vs. Randy Orton

Or

Big Country Roy Nelson vs. Undertaker

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
Alright, so myself and [MENTION=72]Cyrus Riddle[/MENTION] thought of a list of on screen superfights so I believe we should share them amongst all of you to hear your thoughts.

Jon Jones Vs CM Punk (top of the list without a doubt)
Georges St-Pierre Vs John Cena
Undertaker Vs Roy Nelson
Big Show Vs Tim Sylvia
Randy Orton Vs Carlos Condit
Shawn Michaels Vs Johny Hendricks in an old fashioned Texas bar fight
Stone Cold Steve Austin Vs Chuck Liddell
Anderson Silva Vs The Rock
Hulk Hogan Vs Randy Couture
Chael Sonnen Vs Mr. Kennedy
Kane Vs Tito Ortiz
Kurt Angle Vs Frank Mir
Brock Lesnar Vs Fedor Emelianenko
Cain Velasquez Vs The Great Khali

That's the list so far, let's hear some more people!

Last edited by a moderator:

Castiel

Reaction score
I have limited knowledge of MMA but I've seen Roy Nelson and I would I'd pair him up with Kevin Steen, they're similar in a few ways and it would just be a brawl.

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
You know it's kind of funny how Roy Nelson keeps coming up in this topic. Because according to news outlets... he almost did sign with WWE.