MLW Blood & Thunder - July 12, 2024

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o
First 2 matches have been announced
suzukiakira-645x370.jpg

KrugerJustice.jpg

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o
Results

Opera Cup 2024 First Round Match
Atlantis Jr. defeats Okumura (8:26)

Tom Lawlor defeats Jake Crist (6:35)

Singles Match
Minoru Suzuki (w/Ikuro Kwon) defeats AKIRA (11:14)

3 Stages Of Destruction Match
Mads Krule Krügger defeats Matthew Justice (w/Bill Alfonso) (19:03)
- First Blood: Matthew Justice besiegt Mads Krule Krügger (4:27)
- Street Fight: Mads Krule Krügger besiegt Matthew Justice (10:57)
- Medical Evacuation: Mads Krule Krügger besiegt Matthew Justice

MLW Women's World Featherweight Title Match
Janai Kai (c) defeats Gigi Rey (5:13)

KENTA defeats Bobby Fish (17:11)

No Ropes Death Match
Matt Riddle defeats Sami Callihan (14:51)

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Started out with Atlantis Js and Okomura Sr.......citizen.....wasn't good.

Filthy Tom Lawlor beats some that guy from OVE the last time I watched TNA....was ok. The fat guy from Cobra Kai challenges Lawlor, coo coo.....may actually get them some attention booking a Golden Globe winner, still don't know what he won from tbh.

Minoru Suzuki against some guy who came out with an obviously scared shitless dog......Suzuki needs to be treated like Undertaker in his last few years where people couldn't pretend anymore and say should retire, he is too slow to bump and his matches haven't been good since I seen him steal the show with Sanada or whoever at that Wrestlekingdom that had Jericho/Omega 1. His entire match structure is standing in the middle od the ring mugging to the crowd and forearms while his younger opponents bump around him like he's doing a Steven Seagall Aikido instruction.

That Salina De La Renta and dude from Lucha Underground was some David Flair/stacey Kiebler level shit.....who's the baby daddy? IDK, and even with the reveal no one atill knew because even commentary were "whodafuckisthis?"......k......wetfart in church.

Oh shit it's Fonzie......he's still alive.

Thus first blood match shoukda been over in the first minute......Mads Kruger obvious pre gigged himself. Fonzie helping generic guy with the Van terminator, these hoes ain't loyal.....wins the 1st fall.

Boring hardcore shit we been seeing since 94.....literally. It's always one guy selling too long because the other guy is taking forever building shit for the next spot......I don't like this in WWE, I'm not going to like it anywhere else. Mads Kruger wins with a superplex off a ladder because rasslin psychology 101 "you make it, you take it".

They showde the ambulance, were we supposed to surprised they weren't going to use it? Court should know better.....so they already wrecked what was I guess the only ladder so that spot is gone. Least MLW can find tables, that Prestige Wrestling ahow I saw Saturday were just flimsy doors......this table turned out to be flimsy too and the ladder dive wasn't worth the effort. They tried flaming table, good thing it went out because Kruger couldn't lift him and his head was right on the fire......Fonzie dousing Matt Justice in all that water beforehand may have saved his hair. Kruger wins......Matt Justice looks like if life didn't turn out good for Seth Rollins.

This Gigi Rey is a cutie, guess she is jobbing to the ghost of Pride Fighter Sonya Deville by the name of Janai Kai, is she related to Dakota Kai? Kai's offense seem to be mainly kicks, maybe we cut out the middleman and just name her Low Kai. OMFG she even did the Low Ki stalk walk lmao. Wins with what else? A kick.

Bobby Fish no longer dirty bulking, just got fat.....really embracing that podcaster life. KENTA looks like they had to wake him up before his music played. They had a match......can't tell if this crowd is trying be like a Japanese one, don't care or the crowd mic'ing is just atrocious......I'll go with the latter. KENTA wins with that move he atole from CM Punk. I wanted to like this but the lack of crowd audio made that difficult.

They run down this tournament and all you can hear is some ear piercing screeching sound, had to pause and check if that was outside.

One thing I notice from all these promo packages is Court Bauer must really like the Dutch angle.

Sami Callahan is fatter than ever......if he had a blonde mullet he'd look exactly like Axl Rotten circa 2000. Matt Riddle's fall could be a Dark Side episode. Callahan threw white powder into Riddle's face, wouldn't that just make Riddle more powerful? Barbwire bat bullshit......oh and ofcourse there's a staple gun.callahan pretty much doing a Best of Death Matches tribute with every 00s viral moments in the span of 5 minutes.....he gonna break out a weedwhacker now? Sugarglass shitassery because duh Riddle isn't covered up and rolling in it with zero results because ofcourae Riddle isn't going to be stupid and ruin his look in case the big leagues call again. Oh look now they exposing the boards under the mat and canvas.......haven't seen that before. Riddle wins with choking Callahan out with a ring rope......nope, fuck this match.

Some good stuff, mostly bad......might've been WOW Women of Wrestling levels.

And Court better start using that settlement money to up his production, his cameras kept cutting out and the audio was the worse.....I heard the big spring more than I heard anyone chanting or cheering. Them cameras don't even seem like they are picking up any sound too. Get some boom mics and attach them to the one big lighting rig.

Last edited:

Tranquilo Jay

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH

Where's his hair sure TK booking him hasn't helped but he had a full head of hair last year . Looks different. Wish he would come.bk to AEW or Kyle might letting his contract run so ReDRagon back together.

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o
They were supposed to spend money on their production but they're probably too busy giving half of it to Riddle.