MLB 2017 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Yeah man the Jays are....um.... sub par.

I caught the first inning of the one game vs the twins. 4-0. Wow they had that in the bag! Turned it on later and it was 11-5!! Jesus man I feel bad for them this year honestly.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Indians might take it this year.

200.gif

Irwin R. Schyster

The Showoff
Reaction score
YANKEES

I am so happy right now. I expected a sweep. I am so proud of my boys. I don't expect to make the next round, but, if we win the next two, I swear, I will be nice to the people I hate.

• Haha
Reactions: Solid Snake

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Indians fan here.

Well.

Game 5. Hopefully the home wins trend continues lol. Everyone that I know has expected this to be an easy series for Cleveland. I was the guy saying I'm not too sure about that. And it's been close. Whoever wins it will deserve it.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Well. As much as it sucked. And as much as that last pitch was a bad call... I had my.doubts about that series from the get go. We practically lost 4 games if it hadn't been for a lucky comeback. Not surprised Yankees won. But I do respect it and I'm happy for them. Atleast it was the first round and not a world series heartbreak again lol.

I hope judge finds his swing again through the rest of the post season. Tribes pitchers really kept him at bay overall which I was surprised by.

All in all it was a phenomenal season and I'm glad we set a new AL win streak record. That is a big feat in itself. As awesome as that was, I just didn't have that magical feeling like last year heading into playoffs. I knew NY would be a big challenge and they lived up to it. Got burned by Chapman 2 post season series in a row! Lol

Reactions: Solid Snake

Nick

Reaction score
ALL RISE BABY WOOOOO

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
On one hand I hope this never actually happens to the guy.... but
It's only a matter of time before Aroldis Chapman blows his shoulder or something. His velocity is something else. I was honestly expecting to see a 105mph or bigher come up on that last pitch. Give it all he has for one final pitch because hardly anyone can keep up to his fastball. It's remarkable! As terrible as it is to have him as an opponent he's a human weapon of he's on your team. I give him another 8 or so years until his career is over due to injury.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
YANKEES

I am so happy right now. I expected a sweep. I am so proud of my boys. I don't expect to make the next round, but, if we win the next two, I swear, I will be nice to the people I hate.

You "have promises to keep and miles to go before [you] sleep."

RIP Cleveland

200.gif

I was really rooting for you guys on the other side. I mean, last year was just beyond amazing for me as a Cubs fan and thought it would be cool for Cleveland to feel that. I mean, if the Cubs didn't make it. I guess that is moot now.

Not really sure what to expect from game 5 of our series... the guys on TBS seem to feel like the Nationals might not have the pitching to get through. I kind of feel that our best chance lies in Dusty Baker screwing things up. He does have a tendency to choke and make some bad decisions in tight places.

It's scary anyway, even if we advance because Clayton Kershaw will be fresh. I doubt John Lester will be since he was used in relief yesterday. Oh well, it's no fun without a little uncertainty.

Irwin R. Schyster

The Showoff
Reaction score
I kept my word for the day and was nice to the two people at work that I hate.

It felt really awful.

Well, that was my promise, and I kept it. A day is long enough, I did what I said I would. As long as they don't talk to me, I can still be nice to them LOL

Go Yankees Go Go GO <3