Miz being blamed for Survivior Series Buys

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
By the way, has anyone even thought to post Wrestlemania predictions regarding The Miz?

The report may or may not be true, but at least there's some evidence there to support the claim - Miz's booking since Survivor Series and lack of matches would suggest Miz is in the doghouse somehow.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
No vince Miz is not to blame for what your POS creative team have given the roster to work with, Vince needs to drop these soap writers and get guys to write wrestling.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Another reason why I think this report isn't true is because The Miz is one of Vinces golden boys who Vince treats very good and finds him as a top heel who knows how to cut promos.

Last edited:

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
WWE put all their hope for this PPV into one thing: The Rock's return, and it clearly failed. The only other match on that card that had any promise was Punk v. ADR, and let's be honest with ourselves, that match wasn't going to draw a dime. Neither of those guys have ever really been huge draws.

I really thought WWE should have saved Rock's return for Wrestlemania, even before Survivor Series. That ppv hasn't been relevant since the 90's, and now WWE look like idiots for burning some of the relevance off Cena v. Rock and got next to nothing out of it. I thought the whole point of announcing that WM main event a year in advance was so that everyone would have to wait a whole year for "The Great One's" return to the ring, at least that's the impression I was under. I doubt anyone really cared who he was facing. But a few weeks before the Survivor Series ppv, WWE quickly changed their minds and I doubt many people who don't follow WWE every single week were even aware of it. That goes beyond simply bad booking, that was flat out bad decision-making by everyone in WWE's front office. The match should have never happened.

Then you have Miz.... lol. I honestly never heard a dumber reason to blame one wrestler for PPV buys, WWE certainly never had any problem with him in 2010 or 2011. I'm not exactly a huge fan of his either, but what the fuck was R-Truth doing in a PPV main event anyways? The guy is certainly over and gets some decent pops from time to time, but let's not pretend K-Kwik has ever put a single butt in a seat.

Of all the people in that main event, I'd actually say Miz had the least to do with the poor # of buys.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I mean originally it seemed kind of cool the Rock gonna wrestle at SS but really when you have the chance to say that Rock's first match in years happens to be at mania in his hometown against the biggest star of this time they should have just kept it that way.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I mean originally it seemed kind of cool the Rock gonna wrestle at SS but really when you have the chance to say that Rock's first match in years happens to be at mania in his hometown against the biggest star of this time they should have just kept it that way.
Completely agree.

I wish I could throw out some excuses for WWE, to guess why they brought him back at Survivor Series instead, but I really can't.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Cause it was in MSG for one that was probably one of the big reasons. Cena didn't really have nothing to do at the time and they figured probably him just being on the show would bring big buys let alone Rock actually wrestling. Maybe it would have worked had it not been so half assed and made it painfully obvious that Miz and Truth didn't have a chance in hell esp given they gave away that Cena could take them both on by himself.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Even though nobody seems to believe these reports half the people in this thread decided to rant on WWE anyways. Nice work.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Think that's because whether this is true or not what is true is that they half assed SS all things considering.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Like I said if anyones to blame it's The Rock. It's clear Miz is in the doghouse but I doubt it's for these reasons.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins

The Rock was the one that went to Vince and said he wanted to wrestle.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Like others have said wasting Rock's return at SS rather than saving it for WM was a mistake. It would have made so much more sense to wait until WM28 in his home town then using it to try to save a dead PPV concept. If they wanted The Rock on the show then they should have made him guest referee or something like that.

No wrestlers are to blame for the PPV buyrate it was the poor booking that lead to no PPV buys.

rcoot93

Reaction score
I feel that it was very poor nuild up with no reason for the pairing, miz is a good wrestler and deserves a title shot again, as for the buyrate for me it's down to the rock as people want to see him v cena not tag with him, it's also going to make the match at WM seem like less of a big deal as hes already returned and wrestled