• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

*MITB SPOILERS* Ronda Rousey contract note, feud plans

Chris

Dreams are Endless
042_mitb_07012023at_24477--e2c9ccfd915cdda5d12dd987340b6d9e.webp

Ronda Rousey's second stint in WWE could be coming to an end in the near future.

Rousey's longtime friend and training partner, Shayna Baszler, turned on her at Money in the Bank, setting up a likely feud between the two. Our own Dave Meltzer addressed the timing of the angle on Wrestling Observer Radio and noted that Baszler vs. Rousey is expected to take place sooner rather than later due to Rousey having a "hard out" date on her WWE deal.

"This was always, always, always the plan," Meltzer said.
"It kept getting delayed and then Ronda got hurt and the thing was - and I don't know the date, and it might be SummerSlam, it might be a little bit after - the deal is that Ronda has a hard out. She gave a date, 'This is my last date.' Cause I remember talking to somebody there and it's like, 'I know they're going to do this, and I guess, make the big match for WrestleMania.' And it's like, 'No, her hard out is...' - they didn't give me the date but it's long before WrestleMania," he continued.
"They want to do a feud. The whole tag team was to set up Ronda and Shayna doing a feud. Ronda wanted to do this feud with Shayna, she got what she wanted. She's always wanted to do it because Shayna is the one who got her basically into pro wrestling."

Rousey returned to WWE after a nearly three-year absence at the 2022 Royal Rumble. She defeated Charlotte Flair for the SmackDown Women's title at last year's Backlash, lost it to Liv Morgan via MITB cash-in the following month, and then regained it from Morgan at Extreme Rules. Flair returned and defeated Rousey for the title on the 12/30 SmackDown. Rousey then suffered a fractured radius on a 2/26 house show but would still perform in the four-way women's tag match at WrestleMania.

Rousey and Baszler then won the WWE Women's Tag titles on the 5/29 WWE Raw. They would later unify the belts with the NXT Women's Tag titles after defeating Alba Fyre & Isla Dawn on the 6/23 SmackDown. Liv Morgan & Raquel Rodriguez's victory at Money in the Bank was the 21st time the titles have changed hands.

Rousey's previous WWE stint lasted from her debut at WrestleMania 34 to her losing in the main event of WrestleMania 35.

Deezy

DZ PZ
someone wanted to be tag champions with her friend......got it, and saw what her options were on who to work with.

Called the audible and will now work with her friend and go back to farm life.

I can make shit up too.

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Thank god Ronda is leaving, she has regressed badly in the ring. Lost her aura that helped her years ago. The only thing I thank her for is allowing Liv Morgan to beat her multiple times. I do wish her the best of luck in her future.