Mirko Cro Cop Wants to Fight Nogueira at UFC 134

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
ac167_cro-cop-swat-team_large.jpg
Last week, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira's boxing coach Luis Dorea discussed the possibility of fighting Big Nog at UFC 134 in Rio. He also talked about a possible opponent, and was quick to name one man - Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic. Fighters Only got a hold of Cro Cop to ask him about it, and he's down:

"Yes I saw the comments made by Nogueira’s boxing coach and I agree. I am ready to fight Nogueira any time, even in Brazil in August."

Obviously there are many issues preventing this possible matchup. For one, it is unclear if Mirko is still under contract to the UFC. Dana White said that he would no longer be used after his loss to Brendan Schaub at UFC 128. But he does still have a UFC profile page, and they've been doing a good job of quickly removing the pages of released fighters lately (and creating pages for newly-signed fighters).

The other side of things, as discussed by Dorea last week, is Big Nog's health. Whether he would be ready to go in August would be a big question mark, and Dorea even said that it might not be until September or October. No matter what, it looks like there's anecdotal evidence that both fighters would be willing to step in the cage and face each other once again. Will it happen? Dana White would be the man to ask.