Mirko Cro Cop And Roy Nelson Fight Being Planned

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

phantomgerald

i think haas is actually benjamin stay in tv. however, lately WGTT are nothing but jobbers

Great One

^^^No, he just can't keep the energy in the crowd going once he performs the spots. The amount of spots you do doesn't matter as much as how you do them.

Anyways, I had one thing to say on this topic regarding Shelton Benjamin. When I look at the WWE roster and out of everyone I see people say "oh he should go to TNA" I only think ONE guy who would be better off just going to TNA in the WWE and that is Shelton Benjamin.

Rated PG-13

Reaction score
Haas may not be holding Shelton back.... but it definately wouldn't hurt either to get rid of the Tag Team and go their seperate ways IMO.

phantomgerald

well, thats the thing i don't get. when he was jobbing in singles, alot of people wanted them back together and now that they are, they want them broken up. i say haas and benjamin would do better in tna. plus, haas's wife is already contracted to tna

IncomingLegend

Reaction score
I don't know whether Haas holds him back, but on that note, I don't like the World's Greatest Tag Team gimmick.

I would like to see either Benjamin or Nitro turn face. I think these two could put on a awesome feud in the mid-card, possibly over the inter-continental title.

3lions

Reaction score
Haas is in no way holding Shelton back from the 'big time' as you put it. Shelton was a solid midcarder, but he was unable to grow as a WWE performer. There is no doubt in my mind that he is the best pure athlete in WWE today and his wrestling ability has endless potential. However, his lack of spekaing ability on the mic hurts him greatly. He has no personality. Fans have no reason to 'care' about him. Like people have already said, the only way fans connect with him is through his high spots. If Shelton could cut a decent promo, then there's no doubt that he would be further up the ladder.

The WGTT were reunited because Shelton had done everything in the midcard on Raw and Haas was going nowhere, so they put them back together. Haas is also a very talented wrestler, but has the same defect as Shelton - no charisma.

rob69wilcock

pretty long message but oh well :

in my view both haas and benjamin have potential, but neither o them have charisma. up until Benjains heel turn he was progressin well as the IC champ, but since he became heel he has been poor. haas would probably be better off at TNA wee he wud get a bigger storyline, but the fact is bnjamin will always go further than him. togeter, the were successful on SD because kurt angle was involved with them. on raw, they are poor because the tag team division on raw overall is poor despite how many tag teams there are. the only reason HBK and Cena were champs was 2 generate mor tension between them in the build up 2 mania, otherwise its been more or less jobber matches for the past 2 years or so. hopefully the hardys wil spark it back into life. benajamin is much better off as a singles face than a heel because as a face the crowd will identify a bit even if u r quiet. he can go frther he just needs to be used properly

Markz

Reaction score
No, he is not. The fact is, they are an amazing young tag team and future tag team champions. I can see where you are coming from but I think Shelton's fall began when Carltio beat him for the IC title, that was just the end of his hot single carreer run.
But now we begin the tag team career run and I think the future is bring for this team. They can have a classic match to push them now, Imagine "The Hardy's Vs The world's greatest tag team," brilliant.

xtremebadass

World's Greatest Tag Team was only good when they were team angle, then the becamse WGTT and it just got gay, Benjamin broke off and became pretty good, but then Haas came back and wasnt good enough for singles comp, then they scewed benjamin over. Shelton could be doing great matches with Jeff, Carlito, and Nitro by now

Under One

Reaction score
I don't know what sort of new gimmick they could have but it definately needs changing!!!

Tom_RIP

Reaction score
I think Shelton Benjaman is a great athlete. He used to be good at tag teams, but now i think he has cemented himself better in the singles career.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
WGTT shouldn't break up because Shelton (like 3lions said) has done everything that a midcarder can do. If they break up then Shelton will go back to jobbing for the IC title and Haas will go back to nothing because he wasn't doing anything!

The best thing happened this Monday for them, the tag team division has new champions. Besides singles wrestlers being paired up, there is no tag team on RAW except Cade & Murdoch and Cryme Tyme. This is there chance to do something.

Defiant One

Reaction score
yupp separate they are ehhhhh at least right now, but together they cn challenge for gold, until Shelton gets better on the mic that will just be his curse. Haas meanwhile was doing nothing before rejoining with Shelton.