Mir talks Kongo, contract, and Fedor

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew~Walker

Reaction score
Whilst Kongo is renowned for his striking abilities, Mir is confident that he could contend with the hard hitting French striker on the feet and views this as a great opportunity to showcase some striking abilities of his own.

"I mean I wasn't supposed to beat Nogueira standing and look what happened there. I'm confident that I can strike with Cheick [Kongo] and make it competitive, my punches are a lot quicker than his, plus I know how to work angles better, trust me I know how to shut guys off. The thing is if I were to go out there and submit him in less than a minute It would prove nothing, a true martial artists would want to challenge himself and the challenge presented in front of me right now is to out-strike someone who on paper is the better striker."

When asked if he would re-sign with the UFC once the remainder of his current contract expires, Mir revealed no intentions of signing elsewhere.

"Not really, the UFC have been good to me over the years, I don't see any reason for me to leave or go elsewhere. I want that rematch with Brock before I even think that far down the line."

Mir has been known to be critical of Fedor Emelianenko in the past, the man who many regard as the number one heavyweight in MMA, Mir however tends to disagree with this notion.

"No disrespect to Rogers but other than Arlovski he hasn't really beaten anyone noteworthy. I don't see how beating a guy like that solidifies Fedor as being number one pound for pound. I would still rank guys like Anderson [Silva], Miguel Torres and St Pierre above Fedor as far as pound for pound rankings go. Do I think I could beat Fedor? of course, but now I'll never get the opportunity to prove it since [Fedor's] made it clear that he wants no part of facing real competition."

source: http://www.cagereport.net/Frank-Mir-Fedor-wants-to-part-of-facing-real-competition.html

xtremebadass

After reading the first sentence, this is all I have to say...

Frank Mir also wanted to stand up with Brock Lesnar at UFC 100, does anyone remember if Frank Mir won that fight?

Andrew~Walker

Reaction score
Ever since Frank beat Noguiera, who was coming off surgery and had staph infection, He thinks he is like the most imposing striker in the heavyweight division. The guy is a joke. He should stick to the ground where he is decent. Plus a total slap to the face to guys like Noguiera and Cro Cop saying Fedor hasn't beat anyone other than Arlovski. Does anyone else think Fedor would easily destroy Mir?

xtremebadass

OH WOW

I didn't even get to the Fedor part I was LOL'n at the first sentence. Frank Mir is the biggest prick that I have ever come across while following MMA. I am starting to believe he is stupider than BJ Penn. Frank Mir believes out of everyone Fedor has fought, which is quite a few heavy hitters in the MMA world, that Arlovski is the best? Arlovski was never the best at anything.

It's easy to say you can beat Fedor when you know for a fact Fedor will not be joining your organization anytime soon.

His little comment about Brock didn't surprise me in anyway.

Andrew~Walker

Reaction score
Agreed, Mir is his own biggest fan. I mean at least BJ Penn has some talent to kind of boast about. Mir really has nothing. His jui jitsu for the level he is competing at is average at best. And I am sick of everyone saying Fedor hasn't beaten the best or fought good competition. I mean UFC has some top name fighters but back in PRIDE a lot of the top names in UFC were int heir prime in PRIDE and Fedor was beating them there. Noguiera, Cropcop, Herring, Randleman and many more.

xtremebadass

I would love to see someone like Kimbo knock the shit out of him