Mike Phelan says he was effectively the manager of Manchester United during his and Sir Alex Ferguso

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Grams and Ounces

The Artiste
Reaction score
Former Manchester United assistant manager Mike Phelan claims he was a manager in all but name for his last five years at Old Trafford.

The 51-year-old was Alex Ferguson’s right hand man since replacing Carlos Queiroz in 2008, having been the club’s first team coach for the preceding seven years, but insists his responsibilities were more than that of an obedient understudy.

Phelan, who also won a Premier League title and FA Cup as a player under the Scot, has been out of work since David Moyes took charge in the summer and made wholesale changes to the coaching staff.

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ns-years-Manchester-United.html#ixzz2ln1jlHMb

There is more in the article but I can not be bothered copy and pasting it all.

I think he is just trying to get hid name out there for a job myself. Thoughs anyone, any man u fans, @Crayo ?

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Typical Daily Mail article where they twist words and exaggerate to sell papers. It's known throughout the world that Ferguson was a manager and not a coach. Phelan done the coach exercises on the pitch and stuff. This is probably a mixture of Daily Mail twisting words and Phelan trying to get employed.

Grams and Ounces

The Artiste
Reaction score
Typical Daily Mail article where they twist words and exaggerate to sell papers. It's known throughout the world that Ferguson was a manager and not a coach. Phelan done the coach exercises on the pitch and stuff. This is probably a mixture of Daily Mail twisting words and Phelan trying to get employed.

Good point about it being the Mail, it is a terrible newspaper, I actually saw the story on a different site that linked to the mail site and it didn't even register in my brain when i saw it last night that it was the Daily Mail.