Mick Foley at WrestlMania 28?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
As noted earlier, Mick Foley recently spoke with The Sun. During the interview, Foley said that he wants to be a part of WrestleMania 28, but would rather be a commentator than a referee for the Undertaker - Triple H match, as he had previously stated.

"I would like to be involved in WrestleMania at the show but I would rather not have a match," said Foley. "I'd like to go back to the announce desk and I'd like to provide commentary for that match. I think I could lend more as a commentator than I could as a referee. I don't get the sense that I would add, dramatically, as a referee. But I do think I would add as a commentator."

I believe I read recently that JR wished he'd been able to call a match with Foley.

Either way if it gets Cole of the table for even one match it's a good thing. Foley is under contract so may as well use him. Also interesting he even brings up being a referee for the match.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I loved when Foley was on commentary for Smackdown during 08, and i would love to see him replace Josh, Jerry and Cole. Leave bookah cause i do laugh at his random comments and catchphrases.

Foley would be perfect fot this seeing how he's been in a cell match with both guy, him doing analysis(i think thats the right word)on both guys and what it was like being in the cell with them and how the cell changed his life and theirs. :wank:

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I really wish WWE would shake up the announce teams still don't understand why Cole is on both shows. At one point I'm sure it was just for him to have a gimmick and get heat but it's not necessary anymore and he's really never been all that good.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Cool with it as long as he doesn't want to call the cell match. That match should just have JR and King calling it, no one else

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Cool with it as long as he doesn't want to call the cell match. That match should just have JR and King calling it, no one else

Pretty sure the HIAC match is the only match he wants to call.

I think that it would be a great idea to add him as a commentator for this match. He has so much experience in this match and can actually give some insight on what it is like to be in the match. If JR and Foley called this match I would be very happy.

rcoot93

Reaction score
Would like to see Foley call this match, I imagine he brought up being a referre because he was asked by the paper or WWE. Didn't he leave WWE because he didn't want to be a comentator though?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Yeah he left because he couldn't handle Vince screaming in his ear when he was commentating. I am sure that it would be horrible but it is part of the job. Calling the one match would be great since you would only have to put up with Vince for less than an hour. If they don't use him on the PPV then I wouldn't mind seeing him doing some video promos hyping up how deadly the match is. He has wrestled both of them inside HIAC so it would be a fantastic set of videos but they are running out of time to organise it.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I think you need the two true voices of the attitude era to call the HIaC between the last two main eventers of the era. I also think HBK should ref it. That match will be art, and with all due respect to Mick and Cole, every word they use has to be said at the right time. They have to know when to not talk, when to put it over, when to get pumped, and when to show other emotions. This is a classic JRS and King slobber knocker IMO.

If Foley wants to call a match, give him team Teddy vs Team Ace for me as he knows what it is like to be the commissioner of the company as a whole, which is the goal of both men and can put over more guys on the mic.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
No point wheeling him out for one match thats already got too many distractions.

Drop Lawler and add Foley for the whole card. (I know it won't happen, just 'thinking out loud')

Deuce

Reaction score
I'd like to see him as a commentator then Shawn Michaels as the referee for that match, that would be pretty epic but the odds would overcome Taker... maybe. Taker has been known to overcome the odds most of the time.