Michael Cole

• Thread starter The Rated R CMStar
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nancy Di Loreto

Reaction score
JR did go into near orgasm in the Attitude Era when Stone Cold came out.

Cole is just bland. Modified this, submission hold that.

Striker, there's awesomeness in a headset...

The Rated R CMStar

Tazz and JBL PWN.

I truly enjoy Tazz and JR, I mean, they can be calling the worst match ever and still make it watchable.

I do feel for JR when he has to sit down and see Michael Cole call classics like the HBK vs Y2J feud in such a mediocre way.

Matt Striker is awesome, and he out commentates Todd Grisham on a weekly basis. Yet Grisham is a good fit for him and both make ECW fun to watch as well.

Michael Cole wasn't that bad on SD, but the way he narrates seems to "script attached", and on Raw, with a King that has lost all his motivation and is bland as shit, without JBL to pwn him, without Mick Foley to tell his stories and CALL MOVES, or without Tazz being Tazz...he's doomed.

I can't believe that somebody could enjoy the way that Michael Cole and The King call Raw

the dark knight

heidenreich raped his credibility a couple of years ago.

C4

^LOL

Tazz and Michael Cole were the perfect combination, JR and King as well. It doesn't matter if JR forgets the names of moves at times, he is still far more entertaining than any other announcer today. As for Michael Cole, he isn't better than anybody else. In simpler words... he sucks.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

JR and King were far from the perfect combination. Both of them have gotten so lazy it is unbelievable. JR throws out his occasional catch phrase, but for the rest of the time, he's not busy tellinga story or calling moves. He's either botching, or rambling on like a moron, which is in no way, shape or form, helping the match. Meanwhile, we have the pre-historic King who hadn't said something you could care about since 2004. Put them back together again, and you have the laziest announce team in the world. At least Cole is trying (I think >_>).

Moonlight Drive

Face/face announcers suck. It adds so much more to the match when you have JBL screaming at Cole to shut up or King laughing at JR when one of the faces gets their arses kicked.

Striker really should move on up from ECW, he pwns. He actually knows the moves aren't called modified/inverted whatevers.

SnackZ

Reaction score
Cole sucks. He may do his job the way Vince wants and that is all well and good for the inter-company shit but to the fans who watch the product having a monotone dude announcing matches is rather pathetic. Not saying the JR's constant miscalls and making up names for moves and overuse of his catchphrases didn't get annoying at time but the man had something Cole doesn't - a BEATING heart. He put his mind, body, soul and heart into every match. He made you hate the heels and love the faces, bottom line. Cole does neither. He doesn't get emotional AT ALL. He is a sorry excuse for a commentator. He'd be better off as an interviewer or someone narrating a documentary. Haven't watched ECW on Sci-Fi in about 3 months so can't comment on what others are saying about Stryker but I assume from his on-air character that he should be good on the mic.

And agreed with all who say that FACE/FACE teams are bad. When King was heel and he would go at it with JR it was priceless. Same with JBL and Cole on SD a couple years back.

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
I have kind of an interesting idea. How about go with a heel and tweener announcer team on RAW? I would love having Tazz as the tweener and Stryker as the heel on RAW. Tazz is good enough to be able to do play by play and be a good comical announcer along with striker, than have jbl retire and have him and jr run SD, than have grisham and Lawler on ECW. Lawler needs to relearn how to color comentate, just like ecw wrestlers need to learn how to be good wrestlers... i kinda like my idea

The Rated R CMStar

You'd have two color commentators on Raw? Besides, Lawler on ECW makes nos sense, just as your comment that he needs to learn how to do color.

chessarmy

I like Michael Cole. He isn't as good as JR, and I think he should still be on Smackdown! but he doesn't bother me at all. CMS makes a good point, Cole is exactly what Vinnie Mac wants in an announcer. Cole does all the things that Vince wants which is probably why he's on RAW right now

Evil Austin

I personally think Smackdown is perfect for Cole and King and JBL should be comm or bring JR back up to Raw because Colt is smackdown's mouth peice may not be as good as saying JR is Raw's mouth peice for ove r600 of the Raw's 800 eps but Cole has commentated for SMackdown since day one with King, (early days 99' 00') Tazz Foley and JBL and I think it suits him that spot.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Lawler on ECW would be pretty badass, he could be a full fledged heel announcer there just because it's on ECW.

Michael Cole isn't that bad. He does his job, which is what he's supposed to do. His voice might jump a little higher sometimes, but it's not like he's JR who goes made when something exciting happens.