Michael Bisping vs. Mark Munoz targeted for UFC return to Manchester on Oct. 26

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
For the first time in three years, "The Count" will fight on English soil, it seems, and he'll welcome a "Filipino Wrecking Machine" into the octagon.

MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps*–*MMAjunkie.com) has learned from sources close to the event that Michael Bisping (24-5 MMA, 14-5 UFC) and Mark Munoz (13-3 MMA, 8-3 UFC) have verbally agreed to meet at an as-yet-unnamed UFC event tentatively scheduled for Oct. 26 in Manchester, England.

The bout is expected to serve as a five-round main event for the card, which is expected to take place at Manchester Arena (formerly known as Manchester Evening News Arena).

UFC officials were unable to offer confirmation on either the matchup or the event, but multiple sources outside of the promotion indicated the plans were firm and an announcement was expected shortly. The sources could not confirm the official name or number of the event, but it seems likely to air in North America on FOX Sports 1 and not as a pay-per-view event.

No other bouts are currently rumored for the card.

Bisping was recently on the cusp of a long-awaited title shot before a January loss to Vitor Belfort ruined his chances. However, he's since rebounded with a technical decision win over Alan Belcher and remains a top contender at middleweight. He also hasn't always had the best opinion of his new opponent, who he often refereed to as both "fat" and "out of shape" for Munoz's devastating knockout loss to now champ Chris Weidman.

Meanwhile, Munoz books his next appearance less than one week after earning a convincing win over Tim Boetsch at this past weekend's UFC 162 event. It was Munoz's first fight in one year after battling through both injury and depression following the loss to Weidman. Still, Munoz is now 5-1 in his past six fights, and with Anderson Silva's recent loss, the UFC 185-pound division is now wide open.

I really don't like this fight for Bisping, Munoz has great wrestling and KO power. Solid fight nonetheless.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Should be a good fight, hopefully Bisping can outpoint him, he's definitely the more technical striker but Munoz has more power and wrestling.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It is a fight that Bisping has to win, too often he has failed when facing guys at the top of the division. Needs a convincing win here over Munoz and I think that he can do it.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
A mainevent with two fighters I don't particularly care about. Better have a wicked undercard, because a card being headlined by two boring fighters isn't going to keep me interested when I could probably wait a week or two to see another UFC card.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I can see Bisping winning but... it just doesn't seem like the most exciting main event.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
A lightweight match-up between Melvin Guillard and Ross Pearson will be the co-main event for the upcoming UFC Fight Night: Bisping vs. Munoz on Oct. 26, UFC Tonight's Ariel Helwani reported Tuesday.

Guillard has only won two of his last six fights, but did knock out Mac Danzig in the second round at UFC on FOX 8 on July 27 in his last Octagon appearance.

Pearson has won his last two fights and four of his last six overall. He knocked out Ryan Couture in the second round this past April on UFC on FUEL TV 9.
That should be a pretty damn fun fight