Michael Bisping 'Disappointed' With Chael Sonnen Suspension

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
gyi0063634383.jpg

It appeared Chael Sonnen and Michael Bisping were on a collision course to fight, and possibly even coach against each other on The Ultimate Fighter, once Sonnen put his problems behind him. That came to an end Wednesday when Sonnen was suspended indefinitely by the California State Athletic Commission.

Bisping reacted to the news to MMAFighting.com:

I'm disappointed. I've been sitting on the sidelines for a while now and I think pretty much everybody can work out that I was hoping to fight Chael Sonnen, and we were waiting to hear if he was going to clear up his personal problems. Obviously today we found out that he's been indefinitely suspended.

It's a shame for the guy. I really do feel for him. We're all human beings; we all make mistakes. He's being punished, and OK, he's made some very, very bad decisions lately, but no one's perfect -- I'm certainly not perfect -- and I feel for the guy. By the sounds of it, he's stuffed in his career as a realtor and he's also screwed as an MMA fighter at the moment. He's an exciting fighter, and I think it's a shame for him; it's a shame for mixed martial arts.

Bisping also commented on all the fighters calling him out lately:

Yeah, you're right, there's a bunch of guys who have been calling me out. They're all just jumping on the bandwagon and trying to get a name for themselves. It seems popular to talk sh** about me. They can all go f**k themselves as far as I'm concerned. If they've got a problem with me, come and say it to my face, as opposed to over the Internet like a f**king spineless a**hole. But we're talking from middleweight to lightweight to heavyweight, I'll fight anyone of those guys. I try to keep it professional. You never see me calling guys out on the Internet. You've never seen me once call a guy out on the Internet or on my Web site or via Twitter. But people say I'm the a**hole.

Bisping also discusses whether or not he still would like to coach on The Ultimate Fighter and he tells Strikeforce middleweight Tim Kennedy to "go f--- (himself)."