Mercedes Mone..

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Who likes her? I feel she was better in WWE but I like her since I been fan since her WWE run.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Mercedes Mone is very much a woman who believes her own hype. She is, when you look at it properly, the weakest in-ring of the Black and Gold Horsewomen. She had the strongest character initially, but Becky and Bayley found their gear and she's just stagnated. But she fully believes that she should be the one and only star, and you see it in her career movements in particular. She was best in WWE because she was in WWE, because she wasn't under an owner who - let's be honest - has a bad habit of letting himself be pushed around by talents with big egos. Was she wrong to quit WWE given what they had planned for her? Absolutely not. Has her career improved for her removal from the WWE structure? Absolutely not, in fact it's regressed.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
opposite opinion - I think she is the best or second best in ring worker of the Horsewomen ( with Bailey, I think Charlotte is too busted up lately). I think people like to act like her confidence is a bad thing when men show this time of confidence in themselves all the time and it's rarely an issue. I think her matches in AEW have been good to very good but still waiting for her breakout match and feud. Her matches in Japan prior to her injury were top notch. I think it's very weird people actively want her to fail or are mad at her because fans were hype to see her in AEW. Do I think she's lived up to the hype? Not yet. I do think it's very early in the run and she certainly hasn't been having bad matches or feuds. She just has not been exceptional yet.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I also don't think it's fair to say her career regressed when the vast majority of the time away from WWE was injury time. She just now got a chance to shine. I think personally the criticism should be more on her booking/story line/alignment than her talent.

Reactions: BayleySashaFan4Ever

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
She’s a good talent.

Good heel but an atrocious babyface.

In terms of character, she’s a lot like Charlotte in the sense that she hasn’t evolved the way Bayley and Becky have. She’s still pretty much the same character she was in NXT.

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah I've never gotten the "better than you" vibes everyone is so convinced they hear when she speaks lol always felt like your standard "too loud for a black woman" opinion (cue anyone that dislikes her mad that I've just called them racist but hey if the shoe fits maybe reflect) or conflating obvious heel promos with real thoughts. She obviously thinks she is a major star, but she's not wrong and she clearly isn't just in wrestling for what makes her the biggest star overall, she wouldn't touch the NJPW America shows if that's what she cared about the most.

She goes out of her way to put over opponents before and after programs, she writes paragraphs on a weekly newsletter putting over how great the international talent she's worked with is and how much it means to her to be able to wrestle them. Went out of her way to meet Hana Kimura's mom before working out her tribute gear, actually travels with her shitty NJPW belt and gets it on NBA games where most champions just left that bitch with management. I could go on for a startlingly long time with this honestly lol not to say there aren't aspects of her that annoy me, it's why you don't really ever see me throw heaping praise towards her, I'm not crazy high by any means.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Yeah she goes out of her way to praise any company she works with and STILL praises WWE as well, regardless of the issues she had there. I genuinely don't get some of the rabid hate for her outside what Chris mentioned or just wrestling fans falling for WWE slandering talent once they leave.

Reactions: BayleySashaFan4Ever

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
on the valid criticism I would say sometimes her offense is a bit eh and her promos can be pretty lame at times. I think this bratty character she is now doing is working though and I think her selling is some of the best. She made Amnata look like a complete killer. The finishes to her matches generally seem weak as of late and I have no idea why. But still, the talent is there and I think she just needs a long extended program with someone. Her Willow feud was good.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I don't think I've ever gotten the idea she thinks she's better than everyone. If anything I find her rather milquetoast on the mic, but she's a pretty solid talent and works great with Joshi talent.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
People are gonna bitch when she wins but her match with Statlander is gonna remind people too how awesome it is to see her get ragdolled. it's gonna be queen v boss -esque

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
on the valid criticism I would say sometimes her offense is a bit eh and her promos can be pretty lame at times. I think this bratty character she is now doing is working though and I think her selling is some of the best. She made Amnata look like a complete killer. The finishes to her matches generally seem weak as of late and I have no idea why. But still, the talent is there and I think she just needs a long extended program with someone. Her Willow feud was good.

Her new finish kind of always sucked but lately she's been doing the Bank Statement again and it kinda sucks now too lol I don't get it

• Haha
Reactions: Cwalker

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
One other thing I forgot to mention is Mone feels like yet another example of what I said to Jeff a while back - she's an example of a wrestler who came to AEW and doesn't seem to be looking to do anything but trade on past glories and hope she gets over off them. The CEO is just the Legally Distinct Boss. Doesn't make her any less of a good worker, but it really makes her a bit more lame.

I haven't seen the Queen Aminata match you recommended, I should really watch it, I could be pleasantly surprised