[Meltzer] “Regarding the stories of Becky Lynch being a heel, this is definitely the case and she was the one who requested it.”

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
[Meltzer] “Regarding the stories of Becky Lynch being a heel, this is definitely the case and she was the one who requested it.”

WOR - Dave says heels have an easier time in WWE and Becky may have seen how well Roman Reigns is doing and wanted the same.

From today's show, Dave notes it is most likely a terrible business decision as WWE has struggled to build babyfaces and Becky was the most popular one in the company. Becky returning as a heel is going to deflate the crowd and it is not going to be easy booking this given how things went the last time WWE tried to turn her heel. The idea will be to do a program with Bianca Belair and build her up.

Austin and Punk both saw their merch sales go down after they turned heel and the same is likely to happen with Becky. He says Becky and Seth are financially likely to be very comfortable and once you reach a certain point, doing what makes you happy is what drives you rather than earning more. And this is what Becky wants to do.

Just wanted to point out how fucking dumb that part is where he says she probably saw how well Roman was doing as a heel and wanted to do the same. He's acting as though she's just another woman in the division who's going to get lost in the shuffle and forgotten about as a face as if she didn't just earn and get a monster fucking face push before leaving. People have been wanting her back for ages too so she could have easily ridden that wave as a face too and still been the top babyface in the company.

If they can make it work though, her being a heel opens up way more interesting opportunities to me at least than if she was a face. Bianca/Toni/Liv to start with are all fresh and interesting to me as opposed to her being face and getting Carmella and Zelina.​

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
I'm just struggling to see her as a heel. The reason it worked so well with Roman is because it's what he was always meant to be. He was a heel trying to get over as a babyface. Last time they tried to turn Becky she just exploded in popularity. It had the exact opposite effect. Hard to see people booing her when they've been antsy for her to come back and she just literally became a mother. There is so many things working in her favour to be cheered. She kept most of her edge as The Man anyways, so I don't think she needs to be heel personally.

I do agree that feuds would probably be easier to book if she's heel. I want to see Bianca vs Becky in a proper match first up.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Literally no one wants to boo Becky do i just can't see it work. People use Bryan as an example and it's not a terrible one but we also got like 9 months of face Bryan with all the yes chants before he turned heel. I think it's just going to hurt the faces bc they'll be booked like Mella and Zelina have been for Bianca. Same shit just different alignments

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
becky-lynch-deal-with-it.jpg

becky-lynch-king.png

I mean before Becky left WWE due to her pregnancy she was kinda hinting at that turn at least for me. She would come out dressing like she was ready for a party after than a fight. I don't see her being a full fledged Heel rather than a Heel that we will cheer whatever she does. I do think she has plenty to go on with feuds with ladies like Bianca who she could easily say in her mind you were nobodies till I left.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Thanks Uncle Dave, you're so fucking good at stating the obvious.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Her entire Man character originated out of her last heel run so I can see why she would to try it again to keep from getting stale.

You can always turn babyface again later and if you're legitimately over it won't hurt you.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Thanks Uncle Dave, you're so fucking good at stating the obvious.

Most people were blaming WWE for terrible booking so him "confirming" (if true anyway) that it was her idea does shift blame if it doesn't work

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
well according to every shity booking decision lately theyve been saying its the talents idea (doudrops name, nikkis gimmick change) so I'll still take it with a grain of salt that its not just vinny mac jedi mind tricks. On the flip side, WWE cant book babyfaces worth a fucking shit so maybe Becks was like yeah fuck that ill just be a heel and get cheered anyways but i wont have to do your fshitty embarassing babyface promos and look liek a dumbass every 2 shows when the heel gets the better of me

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Dave sure is a hit with the ladies, as usual.

Last night when I was at Raw and they were airing highlights of Summerslam, and when they showed Becky the crowd erupted into boos.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
well according to every shity booking decision lately theyve been saying its the talents idea (doudrops name, nikkis gimmick change) so I'll still take it with a grain of salt that its not just vinny mac jedi mind tricks. On the flip side, WWE cant book babyfaces worth a fucking shit so maybe Becks was like yeah fuck that ill just be a heel and get cheered anyways but i wont have to do your fshitty embarassing babyface promos and look liek a dumbass every 2 shows when the heel gets the better of me

Yeah basically she's a heel but not really. If it means she keeps her edge and doesn't have to do babyface style promos, then I'm not mad about it. I just won't be booing her anytime soon. :becky2

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Dave sure is a hit with the ladies, as usual.

Last night when I was at Raw and they were airing highlights of Summerslam, and when they showed Becky the crowd erupted into boos.
tbf they could just be boing that match which they should because it was shitty.

I still dont think Becky will get bood live but im happy to be proven wrong.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
So, "guy who has been overexposed and overbooked to the point that he could never be bought as a face" and "universally beloved returning face" are the same and both need to be turned heel.

This company makes me sick.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
So, "guy who has been overexposed and overbooked to the point that he could never be bought as a face" and "universally beloved returning face" are the same and both need to be turned heel.

This company makes me sick.

I cant see why they couldnt at least get the face return pop and then turn heel if they really wanted that :draper2

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
tbf they could just be boing that match which they should because it was shitty.

I still dont think Becky will get bood live but im happy to be proven wrong.

I think that's more likely. The squash match was a bummer. I'd be surprised if Becky is legitimately getting booed and this worked.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
She's also not at all established as a heel on screen yet....so remember plans change after all :lol

Regarding the Reigns comment I think it's being taken a bit out of context too, I heard it as more of speculation when he was asked why tf she'd be heel. He answer "idk maybe she saw how much fun Roman was having" or whatever, the only thing officially reported is that she'd be a heel and it was her idea, the why is only speculation