Meltdown XXXVIII & Fallout 038 || Promo Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SupineSnake

FREE PALESTINE
Reaction score
MICHELLE von HORROWITZ
in
- volume 118 -

DO NOT READ! CLICK THE IMAGE ABOVE FOR FORMATTED PROMO!

There's nothing more cruel than being awoken first thing in the morning by a ringing telephone. The device's shrill cry was bad enough, and there was also the oncoming conversation that accompanied it. She had developed a firm habit over the years of refusing to kowtow to this overstepping of boundaries. After hundreds of practises, she was able to lift the receiver and hang it up again without its movement being visible to the naked eye. Then more sleep and more dreams, if the day (the week (the month)) was on her side.

Today's mystery morning caller was persistent, though. By the time the incessant shriek of the telephone began for the eighth time, she felt she had no real choice but to answer it. Eight was a number of particular significance to her, after all.

“Do you know what time it is?” she asked, in lieu of a greeting.

“It's seven in the evening where you are,” the caller replied. The voice was familiar, and the mystery of her unprompted alarm call was solved.

“How did you get this number, Gerald?” she continued with her enquiries whilst begrudgingly sitting up, her bedsheets pulled up over her pale skin.

“The office gave it to me,” Grayson said. “I needed to speak to you.”

“I didn't think they gave that sort of information out to just anybody,” Michelle replied. The mound of flesh next to her in the bed shuffled, draping an arm over her in the process. She pushed it away before continuing.

“They don't, but I'm not just anybody. I’m your tag team partner. Or was. I guess I still am? I don't really know anymore. There's the Madison girl now, after all. Not that I know what she is to you…”

Michelle said nothing in response. She didn't really know what the Madison girl was to her either. Not much, but something.

“Anyway, I didn't think I'd have any luck getting a contact number from the office,” the Daredevil continued, undaunted by Dreamer's lack of engagement. “You're not usually one for the company hotel.”

“Couldn't find a place,” Michelle said, half-truthfully. The other half of the truth was that she couldn’t summon the energy to search for one. She blamed the morose and abstracted state of mind that had swallowed her whole in Mexico City. She couldn't find the words for that, even if she cared to speak them aloud. “I think the whole country is here. Or enough to fill the hotels, at least. And where exactly are you? You left pretty suddenly, Gerald. I was looking forward to another dance.”

“We've danced enough already,” Grayson sighed. He sounded ponderous and reflective. This attitude made Michelle feel vaguely uncomfortable. The Daredevil, a moniker both sincere and unintentionally ironic, was filled with anxieties of his own, but she'd always admired the headstrong manner with which he routinely threw himself in. He was one of the few who had taken her advice. “I'm back home. Raleigh.”

“Why did you call me, Gerald?” she asked, somewhat abruptly.

“I…” he began and then stalled. “I just…”

He trailed off into silence. Michelle sat up on the side of her bed, the mound of flesh next to her snoring amongst the sheets.

“What is it, Gerald?” she asked, softly. “It's me. You can talk to me.”

“Something's just eating me up inside,” he said. “I can't shake it. It's following me around. With me every moment of every day.”

“What we spoke about? In Istanbul?” she questioned. Another period of silence. This time, even the hitherto constant heavy breathing on the other end of the line temporarily abated. “You know I can't see you nodding your head over the phone, right?”

“I'm nodding my head,” he confirmed. “I just have to do it. I have to find them.”

“Then do it,” she said, simply. “Find them.”

A sigh by way of response.

“Are you behaving yourself?” Gerald asked, subtly changing the subject. “In Seoul? You don't do well in big cities.”

“I'm doing just fine,” Michelle lied, hoping that the mound of flesh’s coarse snores were inaudible in Raleigh. Her eyes drifted to the bedside table: a wallet (his), a phone (his), a pack of Camels (hers), three mostly empty Heineken bottles (hers), and a small arrangement of white powder upon a square plate (his, now theirs, except the plate, which belonged to the hotel). “Behaving myself.”

“Glad to hear it,” he said. “I'll call again soon, Michelle.”

“I hope you do,” she said. She was surprised to find her tone earnest. The phone clicked off in Raleigh. She placed the receiver down in Seoul. The snoring stopped at her side.

“What time is it?” Joon enquired, whilst reaching around on the table for his phone. She placed it into his grasping hand. He mistook her fear for the cocaine as a kindness.

“A little after seven, I'm reliably informed,” she replied. She opened his wallet and collected his library card, using it to syphon some of the white powder from the central mound and into a neat, thick line.

“We should get ready,” Joon instructed her as he removed himself from the sheets and climbed out of the bed in a gangly, uncoordinated fashion. What do you think I’m doing right now, she thought to herself as she rolled a thousand won note into a tight cylinder. “The show starts at nine.”

“Is it far?” she asked, as she considered adding a little more to her line.

“Not far,” he said. He collected his underwear and pulled them on whilst hopping around on one leg. She turned away from him and attended to the task at hand. “But Uncle won’t like it if I’m late. And I know better than to upset Uncle Donghyun.”

“Ah, yes, Uncle Donghyun,” she remembered, whilst unrolling the note and collecting the remnants of coke that had gathered on its face on a fingertip. She then rubbed it against her upper gum and winced at the sharp taste.

“You sound like you know him,” Joon said. He’d mentioned this uncle the previous day, as they watched a street performer on the banks of the Han River. They had both agreed without words to cycle on and away when the self-proclaimed shaman pulled a white rabbit out of a stovepipe hat. She’d disliked it on the bunny’s account, whereas Joon appeared to take the sleight of hand as a personal affront. He only half-explained later in the evening, and in a manner that Michelle didn’t find entirely satisfactory.

They dressed and left her hotel room, walking in the shadow of the Namsan Tower towards the small assembly hall on the south side of the river. The manner in which Joon walked a few paces ahead of her, his trenchcoat pulled tightly around him to shield from the cold, and intermittently instructed her to hurry up implied a familiarity that she didn’t feel comfortable with. They had only met three days prior. Or was it four? Either way, she still followed, passive and dutiful and compliant.

She recalled their first encounter, three (was it four?) days ago, as they crossed the Dongjak Bridge. She wasn’t long off the boat when she walked into the Sleeping Tiger, a cocktail bar - far more lavish and self-indulgent than the establishments Michelle usually found herself in - on the edge of Yongsan Park. Her presence there was an accident, as her presence frequently was in most of the places she found herself in. It was only a stone’s throw from her hotel, if one had a proclivity towards throwing stones, and her bus had dropped her in this strange, alien city too late for her to find anywhere more suitable.

It was Sunday night into Monday morning and the place was almost empty. The only customers were an old businessman in a suit drinking alone in a corner and a youngish couple talking at the bar, a half-dozen empty cocktail glasses of various sizes between them. Michelle sat near them and couldn’t help but overhear snippets of their conversation, which was casual and free and easy even if she couldn't understand the words. Dreamer was surprised to later learn that they were married. In her experience, husbands and wives didn’t usually act so naturally around one another.

Her curiosity in the couple was piqued by the frequent trips to the bathroom that each of them took, and the heightened manner in which they would return shortly afterwards. That usually meant one thing, and it was a thing that Michelle was attuned to wherever she went. Her recent malaise left her less likely to strike up conversation with them herself. For her first two drinks, contradictory desires struggled within her: the wish to be left alone versus the poor impulse control that dogged her worldly travels.

“We're sorry to bother you,” the man, Joon, said in English. His eyes were wide and his jaw was active. “My wife thinks she recognises you.”

“From the posters,” his wife, soon introduced as Seo-Hyeon, interjected, flashing Michelle a bright and encouraging smile. “At the Gymnastics Stadium. You are one of the wrestlers?”

“I don't think you look much like a wrestler,” Joon reasoned, perhaps correctly.

“What does a wrestler look like?” Michelle asked, whilst sipping a neat, domestic whiskey that was only increasing her appetite for what she already knew they had.

“You know Cyrus Truth?” Joon asked, accompanying the question with his best solemn and stern Cyrus glare. Michelle couldn't help but smile.

“I know Cyrus Truth,” she conceded. “If you're looking for tickets, I can't get you any.”

“We already have ours,” Seo-Hyeon said, brightly. “I'm Seo-Hyeon. This is Joon, my husband.”

“You don't look like a married couple,” Dreamer mused.

“As much as you look like a wrestler,” Joon returned. Michelle didn't usually make a habit of conversing with fans, but she surmised that possession of a ticket didn't necessarily make you one. Beyond a surface-level understanding of what Cyrus Truth looked like at his most sanctimonious, the pair didn't know the first thing about professional wrestling. Wouldn't have been able to tell Los Osos Locos from Golden Rock. She concluded the conversation was safe and, characteristically, threw herself in.

Outside, a little while later, she smoked a cigarette with Seo-Hyeon in front of the bar whilst Joon remained inside to check his social media. Michelle had heard people say this but didn't really understand what it meant. Yongsan Park was illuminated by a thousand or more spherical street lamps lining its sprawling pathways but was devoid of footfall. The old businessman had left a half hour ago, leaving the trio alone except for the sole, begrudging barman.

“Have you always lived in Seoul?” Michelle asked. It was a banal question, perhaps a result of the banal conversation that Joon had offered her throughout the evening (or, to be more truthful, throughout the morning). Seo-Hyeon was vaguely more interesting and Michelle lamented the question because of this. She wondered why the woman smiled all the time. She didn't seem stupid enough to be so happy.

Fortunately, Seo-Hyeon wasn't as offended by the vapid nature of Michelle's question as Michelle was herself. She smiled and shook her head whilst taking a long drag from the end of her cigarette.

“I'm from a village near Busan,” she replied, exhaling a column of smoke into the air above them both. It caught in the light of a street lamp as it rose towards the moon. “In Gyeongsangnam, to the south-east. I came here a few years ago, after I met Joon. He's always lived here. Well, only since he was born.”

“He said he was from China?” Michelle said. She remembered the man saying this because of the way he'd said it, implying an exoticism or maybe some mystery that she was supposed to be impressed by.

“His father was from China,” Seo-Hyeon explained. “He came here with his uncle in the nineteen eighties. Joon was born here. He's never been to China.”

“What’s your village like?” Michelle asked.

“Well, it's not really my village,” the other answered. Dreamer knew this feeling. “But it's a fishing village. Small and unremarkable. I'm flying there tomorrow, via Busan. Tonight is my big send-off.”

“Joon isn't going with you?”

“He has to work,” Seo-Hyeon sighed, with a shrug that contradicted the sigh. She seemed both disappointed and apathetic. “Would you like to come? You seem interested.”

“I have work, too,” Michelle said. A smile of her own crept onto her face. She enjoyed the woman and was sad that she was leaving. If she wasn't flying, maybe…

“I'll be back in time for your show. I'm going, after all.”

“Another time,” Michelle remained non-committal as she crouched down to stub her cigarette out on the pavement. “A lot of travel recently. I need a few days in one place.”

“Probably wise,” Seo-Hyeon agreed. “Lots more to do in Seoul. Unless you like fishing.”

“I don't like fishing,” Michelle responded.

“What do you like?”

“Cocaine,” Michelle said, somewhat forwardly.

They parted three hours later. She took Joon’s number with the vague plan that his sister would show Michelle around the city the following day. She stumbled back to her hotel and didn't sleep all night.

When she called Joon the following day, his sister was unexpectedly out of town. With his wife out of town and his evenings suddenly empty, Joon offered to take on the role of tour guide himself and show her the sights of Seoul. She agreed to his mundane suggestion of dinner and a show after he was finished at the office that evening. She hung up the phone and continued to not sleep.

Dinner was bad. She didn't eat anything and they only served wine. She made the most of it but yearned for a beer or a whiskey. The conversation was mostly tedious and punctuated with lengthy periods of silence. Michelle would've usually been thankful for such reprieves but for Joon’s frequent attempts to make smalltalk about Europe or wrestling or some other uninteresting topic, disturbing the sanctuary that these happy silences created. In his defense, she didn't offer very much in return.

“Why did your father leave China?” she asked, as her fourth glass of wine arrived and the dialogue turned to Joon’s family. Joon mulled over the question whilst sawing the edge from his steak.

“My father was a performer,” he started, before placing a cube of meat between his lips. He chewed it carefully and thoughtfully before continuing. “My uncle still is. The government didn't like their show. They said they were agitators. I think it was fear.”

“Why were the Chinese government scared of your father?” Michelle queried, with a healthy degree of cynicism and an incredulity that Joon considered vaguely offensive. He would say no more, though, except to clarify that they were only known to local officials. Michelle thought there was probably more to the story but wondered if Joon even knew the rest of it himself. It was the most interesting conversational avenue available and he'd closed it off almost immediately.

The play was better than dinner. It was a new piece by a student group hosted in a small theatre, and told the story of a young boy in Seoul who was given a handful of magic beans by a stranger. He planted them and the beanstalk grew down, the rest of the play describing his descent into Hades, and the Sisyphean punishment that awaited him there. She enjoyed the work and the young actors were fine, particularly in the second half of the show after she'd had her first bump during intermission. The coke wasn’t great but beggars can’t be choosers unless they wished to be sober ones. A steady flow followed until Joon suggested the Sleeping Tiger for a nightcap. She emphatically declined, but he persuaded her to part with the phone number for her hotel room.

Two mornings before Gerald did the same thing, Joon abruptly shook Michelle into consciousness through the shrill shrieks of the bedside telephone. He hadn't been as persistent as the Daredevil, instead electing to call back a few hours later after being ignored a measly three times. He invited her to a bar that had a K-Punk band playing, a shift in tactic and tone that moderately impressed her. She meekly acquiesced and met him there at eight.

Tuesday night was better than Monday night. The band was a quartet of women dressed as housewives with blood - presumably that of their husbands - staining their pinafores. The singer held a rolling pin that she’d periodically wave frantically in the direction of the small but enthusiastic audience. They sang songs in Korean with English swear words. Joon didn’t want to dance, instead preferring to hang back at the bar with the other boring non-dancers, sharing hushed whispers with them about the docile European he’d brought with him. She scored some green from one of the roadies in the smoking area, handed off to her on the dancefloor, tightly wrapped in cling film. Tuesday night was better than Monday night.

They left after the band had finished and walked along the northern bank of the Han River. Michelle smoked a straight and strained her eyes in the direction of the stars, which she knew were up there somewhere, masked by light pollution from the city. Joon was listing the names of various bars that they could go to in this part of the city, slurring his words slightly and frequently repeating the Sleeping Tiger after the excesses of the evening.

“We’ll go to my hotel room,” Michelle asserted, more forcefully than she had been since arriving on the boat two days earlier. “I have whiskey and beer. Weed now, too. No need for another bar.”

“Where are you staying?” Joon asked, whilst waving Michelle’s second-hand smoke away from his face. Michelle pointed at the five-star hotel that was prominent amongst the city skyline. Joon nodded his head, suitably impressed in a manner that she expected from a trog.

In the hotel room, he emptied his baggie onto a square plate and then removed his clothes. Michelle did the same with her jeans but kept her hoodie on. He climbed atop her and did the little that was within his power. It was over in less than a minute. He rolled off her and promptly fell asleep. Bad coke was better than no coke but she was unsure if bad sex was better than no sex. Sometimes one could find a pleasant surprise in an unexpected place, like back in Mexico City, but Joon was a book whose cover summed him up perfectly.

She prepared and sniffed two lines and, upon realising that Joon’s opening gambit had at least awoken an urge within her that she’d considered dormant, lay down next to him. She attempted to masturbate and came close but then Joon started to snore and she lost it. She smoked a joint out of the window and eventually fell into a restless, uneasy sleep. She didn’t dream of anything.

Joon awoke very early the next day and chastised her for smoking the room out. She thought about reminding him that it was her room but quickly decided to register her protest by smoking another joint instead. She was quite high when he suggested they take a cycle along the riverbank to see the sunrise. The plan sounded promising until she remembered that she didn’t own a bicycle. Joon explained that he had a spare, and so the two took the subway to the house that he shared with Seo-Hyeon.

Michelle had done her utmost to think as little about Seo-Hyeon as possible, whilst Joon - somewhat surprisingly - mentioned her frequently. He was unwilling to speak about the family that had left China through fear of some unexplained persecution, and so filled the sizable gap left in his conversational repertoire with idle chatter about Seo-Hyeon, their three dogs, and the litter of children that they hadn’t yet begun spawning.

The house itself was unremarkable, set back a few metres from a quiet road in the middle of suburbia and identical to the other half a hundred homes on either side of it. Now that she stood in front of it with the pre-dawn lighting making her feel like a thief in the night, she found that she didn’t want to go inside. She instead sat on the wall at the end of the drive and lit another cigarette. Joon told her that she smoked too much and then disappeared into the house.

It was soon apparent that Joon’s spare bicycle wasn’t Joon’s at all. Somehow, she felt more uneasy about sharing Seo-Hyeon’s bicycle than she did sharing her husband. Perhaps it was because she actually enjoyed cycling. The brief and unexciting relationship between her and Joon was almost entirely utilitarian. She reasoned, perhaps as a coping mechanism, that this particular affair - if one could give it such an exciting label - was akin to borrowing one of Seo-Hyeon’s other household appliances. She had finished her Camel by the time Joon re-emerged with a pair of bicycles but lit another for his benefit.

After their cycle, they saw the shamanic street-performer pulling a white rabbit from a stovepipe hat. Michelle noticed what appeared to be anger simmering beneath Joon’s surface as they cycled away. Such an emotion was uncharacteristic for him, as were most other emotions. Michelle hadn’t considered him one for animal rights considering his penchant for blue steaks. She cycled alongside him to further examine his displeasure.

“You don't like magic?” she asked. Michelle herself enjoyed the puzzle that underlay their trickery, although she would've preferred something a little more original than a rabbit in a hat.

“Not that kind,” he replied, distractedly.

“And what kind was that?”

“Imitation,” he said. “For tourists and fools.”

“Most magic shows are like that,” she responded with a shrug. This brought a smile from her counterpart, though she wasn't sure what the joke was.

“You should see my uncle’s show,” he said. She didn't realise this was an invitation until he'd declared they would be late for his uncle's show after Gerald's phone call the following evening.

“What do you want to do this morning?” Michelle asked, as the sun began to set in front of them. “You don’t have to work?”

“I took the day,” Joon explained. “We could go to the Sleeping Tiger?”

“I fucking hate the Sleeping Tiger,” she declared. He seemed surprised, unsurprisingly, and then pondered for a moment.

“Your hotel room?”

“Let's go to the Sleeping Tiger.”

A forgettable morning followed. More passable cocaine and bad sex, though slightly better than the first time. Progress of a sort. They slept through the afternoon and the early evening. Then an unexpected phonecall from Gerald and a brisk walk across the Dongjak Bridge. This is where you joined the story, dear reader.

The auditorium at the end of their walk housed around forty people when full but two thirds of the seats were unoccupied tonight. A chalkboard near the bar explained that Uncle Donghyun’s show took place every week, which perhaps explained the hall’s emptiness. He'd been performing his show in this assembly hall for nearly forty years, Joon told her, and so she imagined most of Seoul had seen his tired act by now. Those that were here were of a specific type: old, stuffy, bored, and tired. Michelle concluded that most of them were here because the ticket cost next to nothing and it was cold outside. She wondered about her own audience, and hoped that the Gymnastics Stadium would be this empty on Thursday.

A few minutes before the show was due to start the curtains peeled back, the stage vaguely illuminated by a dim spotlight. It was small, relative to the hall itself, and empty but for a low table and a few items arranged upon it. An unlit candle stood in each corner of the table, and between them was a plastic box containing a live rat, the lid held shut by a rubber mallet on top of it. Michelle watched the animal claw helplessly and uselessly against the walls of his tupperware prison. I know, rat, she thought. I know.

At nine o'clock sharp Uncle Donghyun took to the stage to zero fanfare. The audience watched him curiously, pretending that they hadn't seen the show a hundred times before. Michelle did the same. Donghyun looked as old as it was possible to be. He would've been tall if not for his hunched back, the pronounced stoop that resulted from this deformity causing him to waddle towards his table. His hair was white but his beard was black, and both were long enough to drape below his knees as he walked. His eyes were wide open and cobalt blue, a cold fire burning within them. He had his hands behind his back, and - if it wasn't for the fact that he was on stage and they were assembled there to watch him - Michelle wouldn't really have given the unassuming gentleman a second glance or second thought.

He knelt behind the table, his back still crooked, and collected the mallet from on top of the box. He opened the lid and carefully placed it on the ground, the excited rat beginning to scurry with all its limited might towards the new opening. Donghyun placed both of his hands around the creature and gently lifted it to his lips, whispering something inaudible in a language Michelle couldn't understand. He placed the rat down on the table and held it there by its tail. The box was placed onto the lid and with his free hand he collected the hammer. Suddenly and decisively, he brought the mallet's head down onto the rat’s, the animal letting out a small squeak before remaining still, its uppermost third flattened out beneath the hammer.

Michelle, startled and horrified, jumped and then winced. She got up to leave, but Joon's hand upon her wrist told her otherwise.

“Wait,” he instructed. She wanted to throttle him there and then, but she didn't. She acquiesced and waited.

Donghyun began to chant. This lasted for several minutes. Michelle felt uncomfortable but was held in stasis by the power of his voice’s rhythm. Joon, in an act of uncharacteristic perception, noticed her discomfort and reached out for her hand. This only made it worse. She snatched it away from him and leaned towards the empty seat on the other side of her.

Eventually, he fell silent. It had only been, in reality, around ten minutes, but to Michelle it felt an eternity. The old man on the stage remained knelt down, his head now bowed and his breathing soft but quickened.

Nobody moved. She noticed that his eyes were closed. The palms of his hands were outstretched on the table in front of him, either side of the rat. Its head was still flattened beneath the discarded hammer.

It went on like this, in perfect stillness and perfect silence, for two full minutes. Michelle thought that perhaps the show was over and again considered leaving when, finally, the candle closest to him stirred into life. A purplish-red flame lept from the end of it, but still Donghyun kept his head bowed. His back seemed a little straighter, though, and his breathing was slowly beginning to regulate itself.

The second candle came to life a minute later, and then the third and then the fourth. Each glowed with the same purple fire, the warmth from which felt disproportionate to their size. Donghyun was absolutely still, even his breathing seemingly halted, and his back was now straight. His eyes were closed, his hands still on the table in front of him.

A rumbling from beneath, distant at first, but soon unmistakeable and fierce. A whirring noise that shook the room itself, the oldest gentlemen amongst the audience instinctively holding onto their armrests for dear life. Michelle leant forward in her chair. The flames from the candles grew in size until they towered above the man between them. There was fire beneath them, too. In the bowels of the earth. Michelle couldn't decide if she could see it but she could feel it.

And then, at last, a distant voice called back to him. She heard it clearly in her heart, though she couldn't understand the words.

Silence. Stillness. The rumbling and shaking and whirring. stopped. The candles extinguished all at once. Uncle Donghyun was a stooped old man once again.

The first thing they heard was the hammer falling onto its side on the table. Then, a soft squeak. The mouse scurried to the edge of the table and jumped onto the ground. It ran as quickly as it could through a hole at the base of the bleachers. The audience applauded politely but, given the magnitude of what Uncle Donghyun was purporting to have done, remained mostly unenthused. The performer stood to his feet, his only bow an involuntary one, and waddled off the stage.

Outside, Michelle lit a cigarette, exhaling the first column of smoke into Joon's unexpecting and thoroughly displeased face with great satisfaction. He let out a sharp series of coughs, wafted the smoke away with his hand, and promptly took a large step away from her.

“Did you enjoy the show?” he asked, somewhat sheepishly for the nephew of a self-proclaimed necromancer.

“Was different,” she allowed. “I felt for the first rat, but the second was the star of the show.”

“Your cynicism is normal,” he said, bitterly. “But I've seen things, Michelle. Things you couldn't understand and probably wouldn't try to.”

She thought about this for a moment. This alleged cynicism was a charge she didn't accept. Maybe once. But her own Uncle had changed that. One couldn't ride aboard the Octopi as often as she had without expanding the horizons of their thinking. She had surfed upon stardust, sat upon the last beach as the earth gave up with a whimper, watched a hundred planets perish, and been dragged away from death by the COSMIC HORROR’s touch. Perhaps it was this last experience that caused her to identify with the first rat.

“If one possessed this godly skill,” she began, after making her conclusions. “Why would they choose to do it here? Resuscitating rats in a dingy basement? To sell a few tickets and collect a few won?”

Joon didn't answer. He screwed up his face, clenched his fists, and then began to walk towards the bridge. Michelle didn't move. When he realised this, he turned back towards her.

“You want to go back to the hotel?” he asked. “You didn't sleep much.”

“No,” she said. “Maybe, but on my own. Enjoy the show tomorrow, Joon. I hope one day your uncle can do for you what mine did for me.”

She reached in for a hug, and then reached into his pocket for his baggy. He was too confused to notice. She left him there and headed for the river.

Three bumps or maybe it was four under the bridge were enough to set her heart racing and mind pounding or maybe it was the other way around. She wanted to find a bar but hadn't found a decent one here yet but she hadn't really looked for herself either and you couldn't really expect a man like Joon to show you a good bar or a good time or a good anything really. She knew in that moment that she would spend the next portion of her night uselessly looking for somewhere decent and would end up in a place she hated anyway but she didn't mind because she liked to walk and it was a nice evening to walk and she had his coke and what was she in a rush for anyway? Saw a group of men under next bridge smoking a joint and asked if they wanted to swap a bump each for a few drags, they didn't want the bump but gave her a few drags anyway and eventually they took a few cigarettes in return and she was happy to have done business with them and as she walked away she realised she was a capitalist cog and she lamented that she was a capitalist cog and thought maybe this is the paranoia but probably not you're probably a capitalist cog. The smokers under the bridge didn't want a bump so she had theirs and then smoked a cigarette on a bench next to a bend in the river and she smiled at a passing mother pushing a pram and a passing police officer and the police officer smiled back but the mother pushing the pram didn't smile back. Walked to the suburbs. Birds fighting over trash in a park. Watched that for quite a while but couldn't pick a side and eventually left the park and found a bar that had tables on the park on the edge of the grass and she smoked two cigarettes there before going inside and ordering a beer and then three more. Talking to a girl at the bar who seemed fun and interesting and interested and eventually she asked if Michelle was going to the show at the Gymnastics Stadium tomorrow night and Michelle said she was thinking about it and she was glad that she didn't know who she was and wished everyone didn't know who she was like she didn't but when she went to the toilet (another bump) and came back she thought that one of the girl's friends must have told her who she was and the girl was different now and less fun and less interesting but more interested and when she asked if Michelle wanted to go to another bar Michelle said no and she drank alone for a while. Walking home because she didn't know how to get a taxi in this city and mind is flooded with Mexico City and the kaiju and der basterd, Tartarus and Sisyphus, and where is Uncle and what is the wizard to her what is the wizard to me but a speck on the horizon can see the hotel but can't see Uncle even when i close my eyes but can see the hotel at least that's something walk towards it walk towards it think of nothing walk towards it think of nothing - - -

Back to the room. Joint to level out. Uneasy sleep. She dreamed that she was in Tartarus, as she often did these days.

When she awoke, she noticed that she had a message on the hotel room telephone’s answering machine. She pressed play and closed her eyes, listening to the familiar voice that had awoken her the previous evening.

“I've done it, Michelle!” Gerald said, excitedly. “I've actually done it! I've found them!”

Her eyes jolted open. The ends of her mouth curled upwards in the suggestion of a smile.

“I've found Uncle!”

Reactions: WelshyBOI

TheProdigy

Reaction score
He claims that it isn't about winning anymore. He claims that he came back to have fun. People claim things. People claim all sorts of things, all you need to do is open up Twitter, X, or whatever the hell they call it and scroll for 5 minutes and you'll see everything ranging from a claim of the discovery of the cure for the common cold to the claim of discovery of irrefutable evidence that Lee Harvey Oswald was not acting alone in the assassination of JFK. Is what he claims to be the truth, actually so?

Mike Parr Is sitting alone, and he doesn't quite have the look of someone that doesn't care about winning, who doesn't care about what's been happening lately and doesn't care that since he made his return that he's not managed to get a single victory. As he taps his hand on the surface of the table, you can't hear his thoughts, but you know can almost see the cogs turning. Konchu may have been explainable through the fact that it was his first match in several months. Johnny may have been understandable given that he didn't really know he was having a match until moments before. But now it's Michelle. It's Michelle again. It's always Michelle. But no, if you attribute the first to ring rust and if you attribute the second to circumstance, is the third a coincidence? Or is it just the way things are now? Not being driven into a spiral of despair by a loss is one thing but maybe it was that desire to win, or should I say, desire to avoid defeat that made Mike Parr the animal that he was to begin with. Maybe it was that drive, that fire, that focus. that made him as good as he was and without it what do we actually have? We have a pale imitation of the man that once held the North American championship for 400 something days. We have someone that's able to just sit and digest losses instead of working our way to stop them.

However, not all hope is lost.

As mentioned, Mike doesn't look like someone that doesn't care about winning, that's content with what's happening to them. His face is troubled, his expression frustrated. With every tap of his thumb or forefinger on the surface of the table maybe it's just another second closer to be to being able to figure out a way forward from here, to be able to work his way back into some sort of form, to become a threat in the F1 tournament.

Maybe.

Truth be told, it's hard to understand what Mike may be thinking as bara brief video posted to the FWA website on the night of his return and then a few words at the press conference we haven't really heard from him since he came back and we certainly haven't heard his reasoning for coming back or his elongated absence. We know what he wants us to know. We also know that in his near future he has a championship opportunity against Bryan Baxter. But it's not just the championship opportunity, it’s an opportunity to defend the record that he holds dear; the longest reigning North American Champion in FWA history. One thing is for sure though, he's going to have to get a hell of a lot better than he was against Michelle. You had everything that was said about the match, that he took her to her limit, that he pushed her. But since when is that OK? Since when is it OK for Mike Parr to be one that excels by pushing someone to their limit in a losing effort? He did come back to have fun, sure, but that fun is going to be pretty short lived if a barometer of success is apparently losing in the main event. He didn't come back to lose.

Alas, there is time for things to change. The F1 tournament is not over and Mike is not eliminated. The North American Championship opportunity is still in his future. He just needs to make sure that he's ready for it - he will be. He may be quite low now as he sits tapping his hand on the surface of the table but he has been lower before. He's been in a hospital bed since Back in Business whenever Bryan Baxter took him out. He's been at the bottom of a bottle on a Wednesday night, just to try to numb some of the pain. There is none of that anymore. He doesn't need a bottle. He doesn't need a hospital. What he really needs is a win. This week affords another opportunity for that. A win that'll keep him in the tournament, A win that'll push him into the top two, you would think.

Suddenly the relative tranquility is ended when Mike slams his hand on the table. We can see out the window that he is on the edge of the Muskoka Lake which places him in his Ontario cottage where he often retreats to capture his own thoughts away from the bright lights of the city. Thoughts is an interesting description for the things that he's escaping, though. He marches across from his seated position.

“I can't shake it” said Mike. “I can't shake the feeling that I should be doing more, that I should be doing better, that I should be better than this. I cannot shake the feeling that Michelle and her first wrestling match outside that idiotic costume in God knows how long, was there for the taking and I just wasn't good enough to take the opportunity that was afforded to me.”

Mike takes his hand and ruffles it through his hair as he paces his back and forth, seemingly restless, seemingly at a loss as to how to process his feelings and his thoughts.

“What do you think?” Mike asked. He turned towards the dining room area of the cottage expectantly But there was nobody seated there. There's nobody seated anywhere, It's just him.

“Winning is all that matters, Mike.”

Despite there being nobody else in the room and no obvious source for that sentence, Mike responds to it as if he's just heard it.

“In the end, yes, I understand that winning is important, and you know, something I need to be doing more of or else this experiment, this attempt of fun simply isn't going to work out. So, what I don't need is you sitting there telling me that it's important. I'm fully aware of how important it is. It's just not life or death. It's not life or death anymore, I should say. You can stop now with your look, who are you to judge me? I shouldn't be judged. I'm my own person. Who the hell do you think you are to sit there and judge me for not reacting the right way? What is the right way? You're PATHETIC.”

As he finishes his last sentence Mike gesticulates in the direction of the dining room table and chair set, which still, for the record, remains unoccupied.

“Just hide away, you little bitch, you might as well have stayed dead in FWA Terms if the version of you that we were going to get back was this. Nobody cared about the better version of you disappearing for months on end. There weren't many questions being asked about where Mike was or when he was coming back. So what makes you think that anyone's going to continue to care about the inferior version of Mike Parr sticking around or not?”

“I didn't treat everyone correctly. I spent years telling people that I didn't really care about their affirmation, that I didn't care about what they thought. And truth be told, I still don't really truly care about what people think and judge me. I care about me. What I care about is not embarrassing myself, not ruining any legacy or any prestige or any respect that I may have in the bank from my years of service here, just to be a pale imitation of myself, that's what I care about. If the people want to boo me, my methods, question my choices or they want to cheer me and get behind me, it really doesn’t matter.”

“Then what the hell are you crying about, Mike? Just get on with it.”

“I wi-“

Mike makes his way towards the patio doors Draws them back slowly, stepping out into the below 0°C cool air. Taking in a deep breath of that country, air is kind of what Mike enjoys about being out of the city in the countryside. It affords him the opportunity to take a minute to digest, to chill and to relax. Mike stares into the distance and you can see his eyes start to slightly water, although the temperature currently in Northern Ontario being what it is at this time of year, shedding a tear may not be the most optimal of moves. The optimal move is clear – getting some points on the board in the F1 Climaxxx and snap that winless streak.

Weapon X

End of Heartache
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
alexshelly
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
americanwolves
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u

THE CONJURER IN
coollogo_com-25638420.png

[CLICK HERE]
syKvk0RQeEwZxuNA350FyW8MhSO4iDDUadfQArCfOvoFPYmNBQ9JxDNMS8SxWsoHe46qRbdpKuiPq43oM99qZjxjvQA71_hNGpWf_qASVhKlNra-2EzYQI5bGhLBqZmUzKRgD1xGevvI_zJdy475E3Vn5KjuRfM7

“NO MERCY”
Roleplay Number: 02
Next Match: vs. Madison Gray
Next Event: Fallout 038
Current Win/Loss Record: 1-0-0
Defeated: La Sombra Filosa (x1)
FWA Career Achievements: N/A

[[ << The Story So Far >> ]]

XqaF3TXjSiNtvvyDssd2RJoE2_EyF8b1NWLavigVKILwZbVvrS4DrT8b_qMg3w8-eY9-Y7uC0OAC4xRoruPAIsgbUxnKFz2pH7kMvCe1koSLm00BhNLu5i3IIVT8CvI3K5jfmwl15f-TuB6Gu6FM2Qc

Time and time again the FWA sees its fair share of new players to its game. Many come for glory, others come for financial gain, and in between, a whole mix of bizarre fucks come to stink up the joint. Colby is one of those fucks that’s trying to redeem not only his career, but his mortal soul in an eternal battle with the concept of redemption. People doubted him, newsletter analysts discredited him, but they all shut their mouths quickly at Fallout 37.

La Sombra Filosa was easy pickings. Colby’s time in Japan forced him to encounter luchadores who hoped to reach the highest heights of Japan’s circuit, but just like Filosa, their dreams were cut short. He was an old fool who lost his edge. He yearned for your fear and respect, but for the rest of his miserable life, he will be remembered as a coward whose career was ended by a better man.

Colby’s eyes met with a sign advertising King of The Deathmatch III after his match, and everyone noticed. The fans… they know of Colby’s past love for warfare. The blood, the violence, the inhumanity it felt, familiar, and above all else… it felt perverse. Oh… so fuckin’ dirty… to finally let loose once again… it’s so tempting… but that’s a feeling to be expanded upon another time. He could taste the blood already, but for now, an appetizer will suffice. A-las, at Fallout 038, he’s set to be fed scraps in the form of Madison Gray, the number one contender for Brooklyn Steiner’s Television Championship.

To go from the co-main event to the second match… that's the Madison Gray effect for you,, but if you’ve kept your eyes glued to Colby in the last few weeks, you already know who’s walking out of this one with their hand raised in victory.. Failure is not an option, total destruction is the objective, and the young lioness’ hide will be hung out to dry for everyone in the FWA to see. You are not an equal, little one, you are a fuckin’ example.

>> WEEP FOR YOURSELF, MY MAN

[[ - The sweet taste of victory swelled like a bubbling sink of volcanic proportions on the tongue of Colby Sol after what he had done to La Sombra Filosa. The fight in LSF’s body was lost to time, what remained was a hollow husk who disappeared into the shadows… the same shadows he claimed would guide him towards the top of the FWA. While the tease of a break creeped its way into Colby’s mind, he couldn’t rest, he couldn’t perverse himself into time outside of the ring. It was time to get back to square one… it was time to come back home for a moment. - ]]

HBVJ5v_g2fImCv7BOlbFhEDkXBSEi_O8upX0ndQD9O4L6D-DuF5Fez0v56y020U9P2IwPxXQbrGglC3e-tM7p7Di7pDBNOaA1gCV9MO7Lexdrd_VBNnAyc0rT19o5PcNV4sqnixhRye33DlxWNpZEHU

Chiyoda City, Tokyo - January 30th, 2024

[[ - The quick jabs hit the body bag at pinpoint precision inside the Oxen Dojo, one of the few dozen dojos in Tokyo. What makes this so special is its location, being close to one of the most legendary arenas in the world; the Budokan. Colby’s fists were not used to pursue a victory however, they were used to teach a lesson. In front of him were five students, young, hungry, and willing to study someone with experience in the craft of professional wrestling. Forget about the pressure of a big fight or a championship title, Colby felt the pressure of being an influence to these kids. A few right jabs meet leather, and Colby keeps on the pressure, bouncing around the bag with force and tenacity, punching again and again. - ]]
COLBY SOL: < Y’see that? Fast, consistent, and powerful. To be a force of nature, you need to be these three things. If you’re slow, lazy, and weak? >

[[ - He reels back his arm, twisting his body and using its momentum to throw his knuckles forward, like a shotgun, the punch collides, and Colby’s body stops. - ]]

COLBY SOL: < Then you’re wasting your time. >

[[ - The students watch on, silent… respectful… and eager. The piercing, hushed voice echoes through the dimly lit dojo. - ]]

?: < In the ring, now! Drills! >

[[ - Colby’s eyes darted towards the ring, where the young lions lined up to enter, wiping their feet on the apron to respect this great sport. Walking past the small ring approached an older man, close to his sixties, towering over Colby. The man’s stare was menacing, and his wrinkled hands told his life’s story. He breathed like a bear, yet smelled like a fresh vanilla candle… it was a unique mixture, but one Colby had grown to be used too. Colby nodded, getting on his knees and holding his head down in a respectful bow. - ]]

COLBY SOL: < Okkusu-san. It’s been too long. >

[[ - Gurēto Okkusu, or The Great Ox, is a living legend. A man who once caused havoc on the entire Japanese wrestling scene in the early nineties stood over a rising star. Time had been a factor, to Colby at least. Colby was older, wiser… while Okkusu still presented the same menacing aura he’d been born with. - ]]

GURĒTO OKKUSU: < You’ve let yourself in. >

COLBY SOL: < I did. You still keep the key in the same spot. >

[[ - Colby’s Japanese was rough, his accent still heavy, but not as heavy as the pressure he felt at this moment. Okkusu’s fists clenched, the veins nearly bursting. Colby’s eyes traveled upwards, seeing that the old man still kept up on his exercising, and locked eyes. - ]]

GURĒTO OKKUSU: < You’ve grown since you’ve left. >

[[ - Okkusu’s voice was hushed, yet intimidating. No man could ever strike fear in Colby’s heart, no horrific event could come close to what he had grown up with in Pittsburgh… but this man was the definition of a nightmare. Even a compliment like the one Okkusu had given was scary. Colby nodded once more, keeping his eyes down on the concrete floor. - ]]

COLBY SOL: < Thanks to you, Okkusu-san. >

[[ - Okkusu kneeled down, squatting to meet Colby at eye-level. The giant Japanese man took the tip of his finger and thumb, grabbing at Colby’s chin to turn his head to the left side, and his eyes were locked on a small, unnoticeable, faded scar on Colby’s upper lip. Okkusu’s lips slightly curled into a smile. - ]]

GURĒTO OKKUSU: < Not just because of me, Colby. >

[[ - Memories. Okkusu was a menace for a living; he beat the shit out of his young lions. Memories flooded Colby’s mind of the countless young men who couldn’t make it past Okkusu’s intense training. It was cruel, unadulterated violence every day. It was torment that only those with heart could endure. Because of Okkusu, Colby’s campaign of despair became one of hope for himself… yet, this scar… it wasn’t because of Okkusu… - ]]

SMACK!

COLBY SOL: That the best you’ve got, you fucking asshole!?

[[ - Two years ago, that smack came from a devastating chop to a bloodied chest. That chest belonged to Colby, as the camera zooms out to reveal black and blue bruises all over his entire body. He had been stripped to nothing but basic black wrestling trunks and boots. He was raw, he felt naked, and this was his own personal hell. - ]]

COLBY SOL: I said it before… I’ll say it again, you deaf fuck… HIT ME LIKE YOU FUCKIN’ MEAN IT!

[[ - The hand that delivered the chop… it didn’t belong to Okkusu… instead, the camera turned around, revealing the hand to belong to the man who saved Colby from his pit of depression and self-hatred. Beaten, battered, bruised, it was one of The Great Ox’s greatest students… hell, his prize pupil… Stevey. He shared the same damage as his brother, but more importantly, he shared the same pain. - ]]

STEVEN SOL: YOU hit me Colby! C’mon! You’ve been throwing pot shots and weak jabs for the last hour. Weren’t you a boxer? Oh… that’s right… you were an amateur boxer! Ha! Ya fuckin’ loser!

[[ - A pie-face from Steven is delivered, nearly causing Colby’s body to collapse. Steven though, as hurt as he was, still smiled through the pain. - ]]

STEVEN SOL: Don’t tell me “The Cure” can’t hit! Those cowboy killers catching up to ‘ya? ‘Ya wheezy fuck? You smell like shit, you sweat too fast, and you're blown up! Don’t tell me some big fuckin’ superstar like YOU can’t hit ME!

[[ - Colby’s eyes narrowed, his fists clenched up, and his mouth began to become a swirling pool of blood and saliva. The shit talk that Colby adopted got under his skin quickly. - ]]

COLBY SOL: You’re… gah… you’re just… you’re a fuckin’ joke, Stevey. You’re not… you’re nothin’... I’m not… I’m… I’m…

[[ - Colby’s head began to drop, his legs began to wobble, and it looked to be time for the little brother to be put to sleep. To this day Colby gets giddy about what happened at this moment… thinking about how his brother made such a rookie mistake, grabbing his shoulders to keep him balanced. Colby took his opportunity, squeezed a belly to belly hold on his brother, and reeled his head back for a disgusting headbutt. The dirty boxing tactics were kicking in, it was simple; Colby wanted his brother to suffer. - ]]

COLBY SOL: I’M THE SUPERIOR SOL-

[[ - Like a gunshot going off, Steven slammed his head right into the mouth of Colby, shutting him up for good. Like a jenga tower, Colby crumbled, falling head first against the ring mat. His mouth began to pour out streams of blood, and upon further inspection by Steven, he could see the split lip, the same lip that years later, Okkusu is inspecting. Colby was knocked out, his eyes glazed over, and his consciousness faded. Steven stood before him looking like a mighty warrior. He felt no remorse… There was no glare, no celebration, nothing… just a smile. - ]]

STEVEN SOL: Glad you made the trip to Japan, brother. Get comfortable though… this was just day one.
[[ - The camera focused on the lip of Colby, before transitioning into the present moment, where Okkusu still had a grip on Colby’s chin. He let go of it, and waved Colby to stand up. - ]]

GURĒTO OKKUSU: < When your brother came to me about helping you… I said no. I knew then, you were not worthy of my teachings. >

[[ - Okkusu looked towards his students, watching their every move with his arms crossed. Colby watched on, scratching his chin and feeling second hand embarrassment. - ]]

GURĒTO OKKUSU: < I hated you. I hated your brother as well. He taught you my maneuvers, my execution, and my style without my guidance or permission. You mocked it by not utilizing the Oxen Style correctly, claiming it would lead you to victory. How can a car run with no gasoline? How can a deadly style be used by a novice? Both questions hold the same answer; it’s impossible. But that day… the day you entered my dojo… you suffered for not only the chance to learn under me and regain your career… but you suffered to regain your brother’s love. Strange… the bond you two share. The mat is still stained with your blood. >

[[ - The young lions practiced their craft. Suplexes, chops, ring drills… for two years, this was Colby’s life. For two years, this was his home. While his other young lions were off in other companies, the scene reminded him of those he lived with. Those he called brothers. - ]]

GURĒTO OKKUSU: < I am pleased with your results. When you began your excursion, I gave you my best wishes, I gave you my style, and you’ve honed it correctly. Weaklings have no place in our sport, Colby. You have begun to understand that. You killed the man known as Colby Provano in that ring… his ashes became the soil, meant to birth a phoenix, who’s flames promise to scorch this entire planet. Your journey continues, and soon, you will need to unleash what you really are. >

[[ - Colby smirked as if that were a joke. “Who he was”... that sick, flirty feeling he had about King of The Deathmatch 3 came back. He felt a shiver down his spin, clicking his tongue once before pressing the tip of it against the roof of his mouth, trying to subdue the craving to get in that ring and unleash hell. Okkusu’s eyes turned to his side, looking down at Colby.- ]]

GURĒTO OKKUSU: < Have you visited him lately? >

[[ - The mood changed. Colby’s eyes stayed closed, and his smirk formed into a scowl. Nostalgia turned into regret for Colby. Okkusu awaited an answer from his pupil, but his ears were filled with a solemn silence. . - ]]

kGdkPc0hqgkBYcxuCg7DTRez_WMvR5Qp0dgXzuIach2wa-QJz5Qlm3v0IF9DJ1UtD7E_y7TY7dcZ4YPMVLTE8GR4_0znkA_qcTK3isjoD98IodbmrrY8fMR6h888xEKg7hirajVoWzrqnghf1-njcH4

>> DIE, DIE, MY DARLING!

COLBY SOL: Do you think you have what it takes, Madison?

[[ - The warped static that has recently become a trend of Colby’s scathing messages fades away, revealing the Pittsburgh native to be standing in front of a set of TVs, both of them with a crudely drawn heart on their monitors. His fingertips were dark red, symbolizing his lust for another’s blood. His tone was calm, and his posture was relaxed. The saturation of the promo however was gray… cheeky. Besides the televisions, this room was painfully plain, mocking Madison Gray’s first message to the FWA all the way back at the beginning of 2023. In his hands, he held a daffodil, a flower native to Tokyo during the winter season. - ]]

COLBY SOL: How many times have you asked yourself that question? How many times have you doubted yourself ahead of a battle? How many times, Lioness… has that self-doubt cost you?

[[ - Pinching his fingers together, Colby plucked one of the pedals of the flower, causing the gray tint to become submerged into a wave of orange static, before the color returned completely. Colby’s eyes traveled from the pedal slowly falling to the ground to the camera with a scoff and a change in his tone. - ]]

COLBY SOL: To you, eleven, but to me? It’s been your entire life. Since day fuckin’ one, you’ve wanted people to feel bad for you, to like you because you were “from a tough upbringing”. Newsflash dipshit, you’re not unique in that department. You spoonfed the FWA fans complete bullshit, trying to gain their support by telling them your intentions and how you would be the best version of yourself. Do you truly think the fans care about you, Madison? Or are you so insecure you ignore them because you can’t face the truth?

[[ - A sly grin appears. - ]]

COLBY SOL: So many questions, but I’ll answer them all for you; you are nothing. You celebrate false wins and believe yourself to be worthy of being called a “contender”, that’s fucking pathetic. You’re pathetic, you always have been… to think, Brooklyn Steiner saw something in you.

wI40WjVQeNTY_Ku5eH0_CDCs8u0euXQKdWWNAmmZTGlmxdBDeJ-iSGz7kyC0FKuP0kVvKdkIT_lNdcjcmYk5bjzx5iJ0IYdqSO4UZeHK9XwzJRIOyraiI7y-5ASBwTgR14hvwz_yFdrmt6ofks4YCcQ

[[ - A filthy look came over Colby’s face. He stood silent for a moment, before crouching next to one of TV’s portraying the Television Champion’s face. His eyes remained in place, eyeing the camera. - ]]

COLBY SOL: You’ve spoken about being open… being honest… y’know, another one of your bullshit tactics to get the fan’s support, so it’s ironic that after nearly a year of being in the FWA, you’re just a gullible putz. Open your fuckin’ eyes lady, this man doesn’t give a flying fuck about you. His feelings towards you are the same feelings everyone in your life has about you; pity. Brooklyn, oh sweet Brooklyn, the man who holds the championship you crave so badly, the man whose hand you wish to hold, is a liar. He doesn’t respect you, he doesn’t even think of you as a threat! Yet like the fuckin’ idiot you are, you fall for his tricks. This man? This man is a liar.

[[ - Brooklyn Steiner… ohhh… that name gets the blood flowing… but that’ll have to wait for another day. Colby lifts his finger, wagging it in disappointment. - ]]

COLBY SOL: You’re a young girl being swooned by a much smarter champion, and that is what gives me the confidence going into this match. If someone like him can play with your heart strings, just imagine what I’m going to do to you come Fallout. I’m going to make you cry, I’m going to make you bleed… girl, I’m going to rip your fuckin’ heart of your chest.

[[ - The TV cuts to a static, grainy screen showing Madison’s face, zooming onto her neck, allowing Colby to slide his finger across the screen as if he were slitting her throat. For Madison Gray to survive, she must succumb to the truth; The Conjurer is here to stay, and she had better get the fuck outta the way.. - ]]

Doc Sulliday

Isn't that a daisy?
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
XifccX1
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Favorite Sports Team
OEOhb9u
The Eulogy

how-much-funeral-cost.webp

The tone is somber as Kleio De Santos enters the church alone, dressed all in black, her witchy hat covering most of her face. Everyone in the church pews turns to look at her as her high heels clack across the concrete that sits beneath the red church carpet.

A closed casket lies in front of everyone.

It is solid black, like Kleio's dress.

Everyone in the church looks sad, but Kleio's look is different. It's a look filled with remorse as if she was missing out on something.

Kleio walks past the empty pews to the front of the church, right next to that black casket. She stands at the church podium and looks at everyone in the crowd, who appear to have been expecting her...or somebody, to address them.

Kleio De Santos: We are gathered here today...to mourn the passing of someone many hold high. A man who, despite his flaws...his many flaws, disregarded his true ambition to accept a role he was destined for. Jason Randall's role on the roster was always clear. Maybe not to him for the longest time, but to all of us who watched him compete for years in the FWA.

Now he is gone.

But let's not start at the end. No, let's start at the beginning. Jason Randall debuted in the FWA almost a decade ago, becoming easily one of the most hardcore wrestlers on the roster. Or so we all thought. That was after all a label he was given after quite a short time in the FWA. I mean he did win the X Championship fairly quickly. He did it in fact by beating one of the greatest wrestlers of all time...oh wait, sorry, it turns out he just defeated Vincent Blackbird. But, that wasn't his only X Championship win...oh, wait...actually it was. That's right, after Jason lost that title to Tristan James Galloway, he never won it again.

It was a perfect encapsulation of his home town San Diego, and how their sports teams often perform. Choking in the big one, or before they even get there. How bout them Padres?

But let's not remember him for his one single title reign, or his lack of living up to the hardcore name. I'd rather focus on his love for Penny. It's a shame he failed to protect her against Kayden Knox. I mean, Knox is someone that most everyone on the roster has been able to handle, but I guess for Jason that was his ceiling. It's nothing to be ashamed of. Someone has to lose to Kayden Knox.

And I guess, that is where my point at the beginning comes in. Jason's value to the FWA will be forever missed with his passing, for he filled the perfect role throughout his career...as a jobber. And boy, was he ever the biggest jobber in the federation. His sacrifices to put over another talent at his own expense were ones that were greatly valued. I mean who else is going to take a bump to Kayden Knox, and boost that guy's ego? Who else but Jason. When someone was in need for a pick me up and a bit of a momentum burst, Jason was always your guy to be booked against. I think part of him for the longest time didn't understand this, it was just a coincidence that he constantly had one of the worst win-loss records in the business. But, I'd like to believe that by the end of his career he leaned into his role.

But one role he never leaned into...was that hardcore label. It didn't matter how often they tried to force it on him...I mean, rumor had it he was penciled in to coach the next season of Ground Zero, but no matter how often it was forced on him...it just kept bouncing right off with every loss. How can someone so good at hardcore matches keep losing them? How could the greatest champion in the X Divison only have one simple reign?

I think a sensible fan would understand Jason's role. I don't think any true wrestling smark would call Jason Randall the greatest hardcore fighter of all time. I mean, most people say it's Saint Sully. Sully's record-holding four X Championship reigns speak for themselves. But he has more combined days with that title than anyone, and still holds the record for longest X Championship reign without being defeated...being that Vincent Blackbird himself stripped him of that title out of spite. You may be asking yourselves right now...Kleio, why are you talking so much about Sully? What does he have to do with you, or Jason Randall...other than the fact that he was 5-0 against him. Well if you're going to call Sully the greatest hardcore fighter on the roster, which any sensible person would, then you're going to also have to recognize that I was trained by Sully. So, not only do I have the same skills and prowess that he had in a hardcore match...but I have my own.

I think I proved that well enough when I ran the gauntlet in not one, but two King of the Deathmatch tournaments. In fact, I haven't done the math, but I feel like if you count up each individual victory...I have more wins in that tournament than anyone. But I will admit, I fell short both times. This year, I will not. I am looking to compete in that tournament a third straight time, and I will not care about any other distractions. Whether it's my Coven, that snivelling jester XYZ, or Brooklyn Steiner.

But one thing is for certain...Jason Randall will not be winning it. No, not because he lays dead in that coffin there. No, because the career of Jason Randall died a long long time ago. It died when he lost his first X Championship to TJG, and never won it back. It died when he lost to Saint Sully on Meltdown a couple of years ago, and it died when Kayden Knox humiliated him in front of his girlfriend Penny. It died at every single one of those emasculations, and he can only be relieved to have died for real...to avoid being humiliated once again by suffering a defeat at my own hands.

Kleio steps away from the podium and begins to walk towards the casket.

She rubs her hand against it and rests it there for a moment in deep thought. All of this time she has not even looked at the audience, who has been staring at her bewildered.

Kleio De Santos: But alas...the Jason Randall we all knew was dead. Whether that's the hardcore legend you pretend he was, or the jobber I knew him to be.

But still, the man had pride. Despite taking loss after loss he would show up to work, ready to get jobbed out to another more talented wrestler.

You know what, with that in mind...I don't know why this is a closed casket funeral. After all, this man had pride. If he could take what he did on the chin, I think he'd want to have this thing opened for all to see.

We all know where this is going, we've seen Bojack Horseman.

Kleio walks over to the casket, and opens it up. She stares down at it for a minute shocked and disgusted, before looking up at a crowd who's feeling the same. As they stare daggers at her, she nervously chuckles.

Kleio De Santos: Eh, yeah...I just realized...the sign outside said Jordan Randall. Heh...my bad.

Kleio awkwardly sneaks away as the organ music plays in the background.

Jason Randall may not be dead for real, but his career had died a long time ago, and a eulogy was long overdue.

“The tragedy of life is in what dies inside a man while he lives”
- Norman Cousins