Meltdown XXXIII & Fallout 033 || Card & Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
This card contains SPOILERS for the 18th Anniversary Show. What are you doing here? Read those results first!

Go on! Get out of here!

J05NVxh.png

XXXIII: “WHAT IS THE CAPITAL OF BOTSWANA?.”
Live from The Botswana National Stadium in Gaborone, Botswana.
Thursday 14th September, 2023.

1.jpg

violet.png

FIRST MATCH || 1/30.
Death Walker vs. Jackson Fenix.
Singles Match - FWA North American Championship #1 Contendership.
Match Writer: Jimmy.

Big Bryan Bastard will defend his FWA North American Championship at Lights Out, for the first time since Back in Business when he triumphed in a one-on-one match against Mike Parr. At the 18th Anniversary Show, we saw Baxter rebuke implications that ‘the Showman’ Chris Crowe is entitled to a shot at the title. Crowe had a 246 day reign with the belt, which he never lost and had to vacate due to a backstage attack, but BBB implied that the Showman would have to re-earn his way back into the title picture. That belt will be defended in Kinshasa for Lights Out, and Jon Russnow later announced which two FWA competitors would vie for the chance to challenge Big Bryan. Both Death Walker and Jackson Fenix have impressed in their recent FWA careers, with the former still a relative newcomer and the latter going through a career resurgence as of late. Although they were each unsuccessful in their efforts in the Anniversary Show’s Steel Roulette match, Walker and Fenix have the chance to re-insert themselves into a championship match ahead of October’s pay-per-view.

violet.png

SECOND MATCH || 1/20.
FTN (Alyster Black and Chris Peacock) vs. The Coven (Trixie Bordeaux and Celestia Ravenwood).
Tag Team Match.
Match Writer: Man.

Although their path has at times appeared tumultuous, FTN have continued to impress as the FWA Tag Team Champions, holding onto those titles since their victory over the Connection back on Meltdown XXX. They successfully defended those championships at Back in Business against Aka Manto and dayspring/nightfall, and then again the next week on Meltdown XXXII, once more against Yurei and Hirabayashi. As they look to consolidate their grip on those championships, more tag teams begin to surround them with the intention of knocking them off the top of the mountain. Although this tag team match against Trixie Bordeaux and Celestia Ravenwood, two third of the current FWA Trios Champions along with Blair Ravenwood, isn’t for FTN’s tag team championships, Black and Peacock will no doubt look to consolidate their position as the premier tag team in the FWA. No easy task, especially when the pair also recently fought for the FWA World Championship as part of the Anniversary Show’s Steel Roulette match and are seemingly set to collide once more in the main event of Lights Out.

violet.png

THIRD MATCH || 1/30.
YOKAI Death Squad (Katsu, Cali Hayama, and Ririko) vs. The Lumberjacks (Dan LuPone, Doug LuPone, and Lucy LuPone).
Trios Eliminator Tournament Final - FWA Trios Championships #1 Contendership.
Match Writer: SS.

The Trios Eliminator Tournament comes to a close on Meltdown XXXIII, with eight teams now whittled down to two, and that pair - the YOKAI Death Squad and the Lumberjacks - now poised to do battle in its final. YDS booked their passage into this number one contendership with a victory over the Bad Boys Boy Band on Meltdown XXXII and then the Menage at the 18th Anniversary Show, whilst the Lumberjacks’ passage saw them fend off PONI BOI in the quarter final stage and the Undisputed Xperienx in the semi-finals. The victor in this match will book their place on the Lights Out card in Kinshasa, where they’ll challenge the Coven - and specifically the team of Trixie Bordeaux and the Ravenwood sisters - for the FWA Trios Championships. No doubt the Coven will be keeping a close eye on this one, as the first challengers to their recently won championships will emerge in the aftermath.

MOD NOTE: There is a 3,000 word limit for promos in this tournament, in line with Trios Championship matches. This includes all words in the promo, including titles, quotes, song lyrics, words in images, etc, or all words on the PDF if submitted in that way.

violet.png

FOURTH MATCH || MAIN EVENT || 1/20.
Tommy Bedlam vs. Big Bryan Bastard
Singles Match.
Match Writer: Dubb.

Meltdown XXXIII in Tanzania reaches its climax with a champion versus champion match, as FWA Television Champion Tommy Bedlam goes one-on-one with FWA North American Champion Big Bryan Bastard. This match carries an extra dimension, as the artist formerly known as Bryan Baxter is currently - in many people’s eyes - dodging ‘the Showman’ Chris Crowe, someone deemed to be a close ally of Tommy Bedlam and his former stablemate as part of Deathswitch Initiative. Baxter will have his next challenger set in stone after the number one contendership match between Jackson Fenix and Death Walker earlier in the night, and no doubt will have his focus divided between Bedlam, Crowe, and whoever that forthcoming challenger may be. The Cowboy, meanwhile, overcame a war with XYZ during the 18th Anniversary Show to retain his FWA Television Championship, but there’s no rest for the wicked as he prepares for another battle as part of Meltdown’s main event.

violet.png

navy.png

Olq4IkS.png

033: “DEBUTS, DEBUTS, DEBUTS!”
Live from Uhuru Stadium in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania.
Saturday 16th September, 2023.

B4Zj6TmIYAEcU5I.jpg

navy.png

FIRST MATCH || 1/20.
Sawyer Xavier vs. Blake Taylor.
Singles Match.

After the disappointment of a loss in his return match, Sawyer Xavier returned to winning ways at the 18th Anniversary Show, where he triumphed in singles action against Simon Smythe. This was the Surgeon’s first, and probably only, FWA match, so Xavier will no doubt face tougher competition on Fallout 033 in Tanzania. His opponent is ‘the Prodigal Son’ Blake Taylor, who came up short in his own debut match at the Anniversary Show, when he faced off against Jack the Clipper and the victorious Madison Gray in a triple threat match. Taylor will hope to avenge that defeat in his debut and pick up some momentum ahead of the pay-per-view in Kishasa.

navy.png

SECOND MATCH || 1/10.
The Great Maru vs. Bobby Bennett.
Singles Match.
Match Writer: Tommy.

Over the past several weeks of FWA television, we’ve seen the Great Maru and learned something of his association with ‘the Legend’ Johnny Johnson. Together, the two seemingly ran new signing Juan Tothefor out of the FWA as part of the inception of their alliance. Finally, after weeks of Jon Russnow refusing to book him (at least in Johnny Johnson’s eyes), FWA audiences will finally get to see Maru in action. He will go one-on-one with Bobby Bennett, who viewers may know from his tenure in Longhorn Championship Wrestling. Bennett will hope to impress in his debut, but will have to do so against the impressive specimen that is the Great Maru, whilst this 6’8’’, 350lb behemoth will be hoping to do precisely the same thing at Bennet’s expense.

navy.png

THIRD MATCH || 1/20.
Ashley O’Ryan vs. Brooklyn Steiner.
Singles Match.

One of the most talked about aspects of the recent 18th Anniversary Show was the return, with a microphone in his hand, of FWA legend Ashley O’Ryan. The FWA Hall of Famer and Triple Crown winner announced that he was ‘home’, and now on Fallout 033 we will see his return to in-ring action. Across the ring from him is Brooklyn Steiner, who makes his debut with the Fantasy Wrestling Alliance after signing with the company shortly before the Anniversary Show. Steiner will hope to make a name for himself in front of a new audience, one that O’Ryan built almost a decade ago.

navy.png

FOURTH MATCH || 1/20.
Wild Jerry vs. Xavien Marshall.
Singles Match.
Match Writer: Jimmy.

The Menage were unsuccessful in their recent Trios Eliminator Tournament run, losing out to the YOKAI Death Squad in the semi-final stage. Now, one of their members, Wild Jerry, will turn his hand to singles action, taking on the debuting Xavien Marshall in a one-on-one match in Tanzania. It is unknown whether XYZ will be in attendance in the Uhuru Stadium, though the fact that Tommy Bedlam - the man who narrowly defeated him to retain his FWA X Championship at the Anniversary Show - competes later on in the main event suggests that we may see him at ringside for this one.

navy.png

FIFTH MATCH || 1/20.
Madison Gray and Al Blizzard vs. Kleio De Santos and Jack the Clipper.
Tag Team Match.
Match Writer: Dubb.

At Lights Out in Kinshasa, Madison Gray and Kleio De Santos will go one-on-one to become the FWA Television Champion, a title that has remained vacant since it was vacated by Shawn Summers in the aftermath of Back in Business. They each earned their opportunity at Lights Out with victory in respective triple threat matches: Madison Gray over Jack the Clipper and Blake Taylor, whilst Kleio De Santos defeated Al Blizzard and El Vengador. Now, four of the competitors in those matches will compete in this tag team match, which pairs each of the TV championship contenders with wrestlers their Lights Opponent defeated last week. It’s the last opportunity for Madison and Kleio to earn an advantage ahead of their Kinshasa showdown, whilst Jack the Clipper and Al Blizzard look to regather some momentum of their own with a win on Fallout 033.

navy.png

SIXTH MATCH || 1/20.
Xperienx Xtacee vs. Chris Crowe.
Singles Match.
Match Writer: Tommy.

Xperienx Xtacee, along with his teammates Jackson Fenix and Nate Savage, fell short in the Trios Eliminator Tournament at the semi-final stage at the 18th Anniversary Show, losing out to the Lumberjacks. He returns to singles action against Chris Crowe, who only recently made his return to the Fantasy Wrestling Alliance but has gone undefeated since doing so. Most recently, ‘the Showman’ triumphed over Trixie Bordeaux in Barbados at the aforementioned Anniversary Show. Many think that Crowe is entitled to a shot at the FWA North American Championship, a title he never lost after holding it for two hundred and forty six days. One man who is not of this opinion is current champion Big Bryan Bastard, who has held the belt since November of last year, and thinks Crowe should earn his way back to the top of the card before challenging him. That continues here on Fallout 033, where ‘the Showman’ goes one-on-one with another man who is no stranger to putting on a show in Xperienx Xtacee.

navy.png

SEVENTH MATCH || MAIN EVENT || 1/20.
Allen Price and the Diamond Dogs (Santino Dongarelli and Ricardo Vance) vs. The Dark Roads Alliance (Cyrus Truth, Konchu Hao, and Epsilon).
Trios Match.
Match Writer: Man.

The animosity between Chris Peacock and Cyrus Truth did not end following their Back in Business main event, with Truth - now allied with the returning Konchu Hao - drawn back into the affairs of the FTN family during their Anniversary Show opening match. The Exile and the Mad Wizard were taking on Aka Manto, a match they would go on to win, when the attention of Truth and Hao was turned upon Fallout commentator Allen Price. Price, a known affiliate of Chris Peacock and FTN, spent the rest of the evening calling the event from within a glass box for his own safety. Now, there will be nowhere for him to run, but he will no doubt hope to hide behind the Diamond Dogs. Santino Dongarelli and Ricardo Vance make their return to action on Fallout after two years, teaming up with Price against Truth, Hao, and Epsilon in this trios contest.

navy.png

Promo Deadlines:

Sunday 10th September, 23:59 Pacific Time.
Monday 11th September, 03:00AM Eastern.
Monday 11th September, 08:00AM UK.
Monday 11th September, 17:00PM Melbourne.

No extensions. Good luck!

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
@AON

You think you're more Canadian than me, bud? Eh? Let's talk aboot it. I have been to the World Juniors live and in person. I have had maple syrup straight from the tap of a maple tree then covered in fresh snow. The Beaver is a fine animal to me so much so I made it my gimmick for a decade. I have worked at a Timmies as a teen and love me double doubles made with milk. I have seen the beautiful red sand of the Island (must be pronounced Oi-land). I prefer my French fries covered in squeaky cheese curds melted with top quality gravy, to be on the side of a freshly made Halifax Donair. I also don't put milk in a carton, but instead a fresh bag! Buddy, you don't know what you've gotten yourself into, hoser. I will not puck around this time!

Sorry 'boot that.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Doc Sulliday

Isn't that a daisy?
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
XifccX1
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Favorite Sports Team
OEOhb9u
@THEDEVILHIMSELF Blake Taylor:

This was a solid #2 promo, and I think had the foundations of a pretty solid monologue promo. I think your biggest skillset is in fact those monologues, as Blake's cocky personality and character shows well in them. His ability to rip opponents apart in them plays out well, and you knew the right ways to attack Sawyer (and apparently did your research by asking as many people as you could for some tips, which is a smart way to improve). Blake comes across as a big tough guy, and while it's almost cartoonish in a way, I do enjoy the character portrayal here as we really don't have a really cartoonish over the top heel like that in the FWA right now. The thing about the tough guy act and telling people you're going to seperate their jaw from their face is, if you start taking Ls it's going to be a bad look...which also isn't a bad thing writing wise if you build off it the right way and twist your story around to fit what's going on in Taylor's wrestling career...which is where those eventually character development points come in.

You do a good job referencing current events, including the past triple-threat match and obviously your match with Sayer.

I think overall your monologue writing is good, your character portrayal is solid, and I think you put a lot of time in researching your opponents.

There are two major things I think are the biggest highlights to work on. The first is with presentation. It can take some time to get the hang of it, and experiment, but I wouldn't be surprised if they knocked you for some presentation points here. There's some simple things you could make sure you handle like spelling errors, or for example the first paragraph of dialog isn't bolded but the rest of the dialog is. Those are simple inconsistencies that you want to avoid. The picture and the title is good, I'm also a big fan of those. I think if I made another suggestion presentation-wise, it'd be to break up some of the dialog blocks a bit more. I felt like some of the paragraphs were a tad too big, and as a reader it low-key gets a bit overwhelming when so many words are clumped together. If you broke them up in half, it'd not only make it easier on the reader, but it'd probably help stretch the promo out and make it look longer too...because it wasn't a short promo, 2000 words is solid for your level, but it looks shorter than it is because of the big paragraphs.

The other thing, and this is really hard for a new person to nail down, but I think just overall character development and setting. Character development is the hardest category in general, but it's especially hard for a new character because...sometimes development arcs take several promos to build up to. But I think even in just a standard promo, I like to see characters go from a Point A to a Point B. Think of TV shows and how often times the characters have one mindset at the beginning, and then at the end of all their adventures or whatever, they sort of have a different mindset at the end. Character Development doesn't always look like that, but it's I think one easy format to follow especially when starting out just as a writer.

To go into that a little deeper, I also think that eventually, the gym/monologue thing isn't going to get you far. It works starting out when you're sort of showing us these vignettes, but FWA writing is a bit more complex than that. We had a conversation in the Anni show discussion thread about monologue promos, and how in this era of the FWA you just need more.

You're writing basic wrestling promos, and in a basic wrestling efed those work. But straight up, in today's current era, this isn't a fed where interview promos and rants at the gym are going to get you wins against big time opponents. I don't think you need to write big elaborate stories like you may have seen around that are so far removed from wrestling sometimes you're wondering why it even belongs in an efed, but you do have to write stories.

Think of it like you're writing a book. And each promo is a chapter in your book. Or even if it's a TV show and each promo is an episode. That's the best way I can think to put it. If you get that down, I think you'll see your success skyrocket.