Meltdown XXV and Fallout 025 || Promo Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
“K Then w/Kayden Knox”
1673238867213.jpeg

Special Guest:
LaVar Burton
LeVarBurton_MichaelSpainSmith_AFTERMATH-1.jpg

Ten…

Nine…

Eight…

Seven…

Six…

Five…

Four…

Three…

Two…

One…

A crowd is seen and heard counting down as a live red neon light is shown blinking on and off. The camera pans to a TV which then starts up an opening sequence where we see Kayden Knox smiling and doing different poses as the letters spell out
K Then red and white lights flash with Kayden Knox standing at the end of it in a two-piece black suit. There is a voice-over speaking as well.

???: On tonight’s K Then with Kayden Knox we have Kayden talking about the FWA F-1 Climax, We also have LeVar Burton and a special musical guest. Now everyone please give a warm welcome to your host Kayden Knox!

The voiceover ends and out walks Kayden Knox through the curtain to the live studio audience. The band is playing to his left and we also see a charming lounge talk show set. The couch is a black leather one and then there is a redwood table where Kayden Knox's name tag is seen. He gives a half smile before going on to speak.

Kayden Knox: Thank you, and welcome to the show. Wow, do we have a crazy lineup tonight. We got an old friend to the show LeVar Burton. Then of course we have to talk about this week's insane news about FWA’s F-1 Climax. I know that you guys have some things on your mind. You probably have alot of questions. I wonder what you want to talk about first?

There is a cue card behind the camera that tells the audience to laugh. The crowd does as Kayden goes on with his monologue. There behind the curtain, you can see another man looking on. He’s older with a grey suit on and a cigar in his mouth. He lights it up as he watches on. You can see Kayden look behind him their eyes meeting for a moment before he continues on.

Kayden Knox: I know what you guys want to talk about, it’s the very same thing I want to talk about; I want to explain.

Kayden stops mid-sentence as the man behind the curtains reaches into his pocket and pulls out a piece of paper. He mouths something to Kayden.

Kayden Knox: You guys want to talk about how I feel about being included in the FWA’s F-1 Climax? Am I right? I mean we all know it’s an honor to be included in this match. We all know that my mind is completely focused on this match. The whole world's eyes are set on this tournament. Vampyra my opponent; she’s been on quite the roll as of late. I mean even if the outcomes don’t go her way. I get what this means to her. I honestly do. It wasn’t that long ago; I was in that position. The up-and-coming hot superstar. She is miles above where I was even at that point. She has made quite the impression, she walked in her very first match and earned herself the opportunity to challenge for a championship in her very first match. She won the title soon after. She came out of the gates running like a prize horse taking the lead above the rest of the pack. There’s something to be said about the rise. You know there aren’t many people that can do that. I tried, but I failed. There’s a problem, one of which no one seems to want to talk about. When you start out that hot when you start out at that level there comes a point when all those eyes are on you and you just don’t live up to that hype. I have been there; I was there and I watched all of it get taken from me. I think there is a part of me that feels like I should give her some advice. I want to tell her to slow down, to watch her surroundings to keep an eye on her who her friends truly are. You never know when a tick is going to suck you dry.

Kayden’s last words seem to have some zest to them. The man behind the curtain has an arrogant chuckle as he turns away and walks off. Kayden gives the camera a smile before he goes on again.

Kayden Knox: That is enough of that for now, let's have some fun tonight. I am excited about the show tonight, my dear old friend LeVar Burton is here and we are going to be discussing his new TV show Geordi Goes Global. We will talk to him after our commercial break so stay tuned.

The live camera light goes off as we go to break. Kayden takes a drink of water as a stagehand approaches him. The stagehand whispers in Kayden’s ear.

Stage Hand: Mr. Knox, Mr. Lester says that you know to stay to the script. He states that any sort of recourse; if you should decide to be cute will not end well for you.

Kayden Knox: That son of a….

Kayden’s eyes then look up past the audience in the producer's suite where you can see the man with the cigar waving at Kayden. He pulls out that piece of paper and nods to him. Kayden shakes his head in agreement before the stagehand speaks up.

Stage Hand: Mr. Lester wants you to be aware of the dire straits that you are in. He also asks that you give him a smile and wave if you understand.

Kayden bitting his tongue gives a cheerful smile and waves back up to the suite. The cameraman is starting to signal that they are about to return from break as Kayden walks over to his desk and sits down. The bright lights flash on him as there is some makeup crew doing their thing. Kayden starts to feel a bit lightheaded and his chest starts to feel heavy. He doesn’t show this broken composure. The whole room slows down and Kayden glances over the set. His eyes are like daggers staring back up at the producer's suite as two more people enter in. Kayden can now see the faces but, can see Lester has pulled a piece of paper from the inside of his jacket and handed it over.

Ten…

Nine…

Eight…

Seven…

Six…

Five…

Four…

Three…

Two…

One…

The light goes back on and we are brought back live to K Then. Kayden turns his attention back to the camera and begins to speak.

Kayden Knox: This man and I met, back about a year and a half ago when I was a guest on his old show Reading Rainbow. You may also know him from Star Trek please welcome LeVar Burton.

The band starts to play as Kayden stands up to welcome his guest to the show. LeVar Burton is smiling as he shakes Kayden's hand. LeVar takes a sit and the two of them start the interview.

Kayden Knox: Hey LeVar welcome to the show. How have you been? You look great!

LeVar smiles out politely as ever and he leans over to Kayden putting his hand on his shoulder.

LeVar Burton: Kayden I am doing great and I am so happy to be here. I know that we are supposed to be talking about my new show Geordi Goes Global but, I think everyone here wants to talk about you Kayden. I think all these people need to hear from you Kayden.

Kayden chuckles as his eyes glare up at the suite. He turns his attention back to LeVar.

Kayden Knox: Oh please come on, this maybe my show, but the people want to hear from you LeVar besides you know my producers would ruin me if we don’t.

Kayden notices the cue card for the audience to laugh is shown and the crowd obliges. LeVar has a split-second look at Kayden before going on.

LeVar Burton: Kayden I just meant, I want to hear more about your thoughts on Vampyra. I keep up with FWA TV big fan I love that wacky stuff Uncle does and man do I hate that Shawn Summers guy. I think Vamprya is a good champion, a fighting one. I agree with what you said earlier. Vampyra in the F1 Climax may be 0-3 but, she has fought and gone toe to toe with the very best the roster has to give. I mean she took MVH to her limit, a former FWA World Champion. Vamprya skills in that ring rival anyone right now. I think what these people and myself want to know Kayden is how do you think you will do?

Kayden scans back up to the suite and sees Lester give a nod.

Kayden Knox: Well, I feel like I am going into this match as the underdog, as the true wild card. I know my chances are slim to none, but I have a chance to qualify. I have a chance to achieve something and that is one thing I haven’t been able to say in a few months.

LaVar Burton: Kayden…

Kayden stands up and lets out a big belly laugh.

Kayden Knox: Vampyra talk can wait, I have something special planned for you tonight. We are going to play a game!

The crowd cheer as LeVar looks on confused. The set has a few stagehands coming in and out moving things around and then they set up a Blackjack table in front with two chairs and one behind for the dealer. Kayden takes a sit on the right side and LeVar takes his seat to the left. The two of them await the dealer as we are told that after the break they will play.

The live light goes off and again and you can see LeVar has leaned over into Kayden’s ear the two whispering with one another.

LeVar Burton: Kayden, you know exactly what these people want to talk about? They want to know why you turned on Gabrielle! What you did to her! The FWA Universe and Gabrielle deserve an answer. I don’t exactly know what kind of games you are playing but, you are a completely different person than the last time we met.

Kayden turns to him with a sour look on his face. Their backs are turned away from the crowd at the moment. The stagehands are also working on the cameras.

Kayden Knox:

Kayden was about to speak when another man approaches it was the man from the suite. He is holding a glass bottle of liquor in his hand.

???: And what would the two of you be discussing?

The arrogant smile sends a chill down Kayden’s spine as he offers his hand out to be shaken by LaVar.

???: Mr. Burton it’s a pleasure to meet you. I see that dear Mr. Knox's manners have gone the wayside. My name is Maxwell Lester.

LeVar shakes his hand and Lester's grip seems too tight.

Maxwell Lester: Kayden the show isn’t running as smoothly as we had discussed remember our discussions.

Kayden Knox: I understand.

Maxwell Lester: Good, I am glad you and I we are on the same page.

Kayden Knox: So what are you doing down here again?

Maxwell Lester lets go of LeVar’s hand and smile once more.

Maxwell Lester: You didn’t know? I am the dealer!

Ten…

Nine…

Eight…

Seven…

Six…

Five…

Four…

Three…

Two…

One…

The red light starts to blink again as the camera pans back to Kayden’s face. Maxwell Lester sits at the front of the table with a dealer’s jacket now on him. He grabs the deck of cards and starts to shuffle them as Kayden and LaVar sit. There underneath the table, are more cue-cards and Kayden reads them off.

Kayden Knox: Welcome back to the show guys, now as many of you may know I am a man that likes to take chances. I took many shots in my life some I have won and many to be frank I have lost. The gambler in me needs to scratch that itch. The game of Blackjack is to try and get twenty-one or have the highest number without going over. Now I like to introduce you to another dear friend of mine Mr. Maxwell Lester.

Maxwell Lester: Kayden, what a wonderful introduction, and thank you for the invite. I am so happy to be here. Now you may not know me; I have been around here long enough to know each and every member of the FWA Roster.

There is another sister staring into the camera by Maxwell Lester and he quickly changes the subject. He starts to deal the cards out as He slides the Ten of Diamonds over to LeVar. The other facing down with another slide across, hands Kayden two cards Kayden gets a Four of Clubs. Kayden looks down at his card and sees Three of Hearts. Maxwell deals than to himself getting the Ace of Diamonds. Maxwell laughs softly to himself and looks over to LaVar.

Maxwell Lester: Mr. Burton would you like to hit, or would you like to stay?

LaVar looks over towards Kayden and then back to Lester.

LaVar Burton: Mr. Lester I think I will hit.

He deals him a card and the six of hearts hits his fingertips. Maxwell tries to read LeVar.

LeVar Burton: I think that is enough for me. I will stay.

Maxwell Lester nods and his gaze turns to Kayden.

Maxwell Lester: Mr. Knox how do you think you will play this hand?

Kayden stares back down at his cards and tries to say something. Maxwell Lester interferes in this and goes to speak.

Maxwell Lester: You know life is like a deck of playing cards. Jack London once said that. I always found that quote really interesting. "Life is not always a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well." I find it interesting because I think it is a load of crap. I say that with all due respect to Mr. London. He was wrong because those who play a poor hand well when are in for shellshock.

LeVar Burton: What do you mean Mr. Lester?

Maxwell Lester: Well those who play a poor hand well, every once in a while will win a hand. When they do they start to think that maybe lady luck has turned. She hasn't she's a fickle one. She gets you to lose your guard and that is when mistakes happen. That's when you lose everything, and then your hand is worst off than it was before.

Maxwell looks over towards Kayden and awaits his decision.

Maxwell Lester: Kayden how do you feel about that? You were someone that at one point had a pretty good hand? You were living the good life and got a taste of what it was like on the other side. Then one by one every hand started to bust. You were left dealt the worst hand time after time.

Kayden goes to speak.

Maxwell Lester: It doesn't matter what you think. No one else in that matter because each one of us holds the same hand. It's just that some of us are better at bluffing than others.

Kayden Knox: Hit me.

Kayden barks out and a playful gasp comes from Maxwell Lester. The card that Kayden gets is a nine of spades. He looks back down at his cards.

Kayden Knox: Hit me.

Maxwell Lester nods and Kayden is dealt two of spades. The crowd looks on as Maxwell Lester again asks Kayden another question.

Maxwell Lester: Before we go on here, I think I have a question for you Mr. Knox. You talked earlier about Miss Vampyra, and how she has hit the ground running since she joined the FWA. You see I agree with you that you are the underdog here.

Kayden Knox:...

The tone seems a little less playful than Lester wanted. He gives Kayden the card and Kayden gets a King of Hearts busting his hand. The band plays a tone and Kayden holds his head down in shame. Kayden sees Lester's hand and he just holds an Ace and Three of Diamonds. The show then has a band come out and start to play as LeVar, Kayden, and Maxwell go behind the curtain.

Maxwell Lester: You know what Kayden? You and I are going for a walk. Mr. Burton whatever time is left on the show you can go out and promote your new show.

Buzz... Buzz... The sound of Maxwell Lester's phone going off is heard. The text simply reads a notification coming from Jon Russnow.

Kayden Knox Will Appear On Meltdown!

To Be Continued...

Reactions: WelshyBOI

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
3BF29A6D-BEBF-4498-8612-020DED1664A1.jpeg

Overall Match Time:
0 days 3 hours 48 minutes 3 seconds
= 0.158368 days
= 3.80083 hours
= 228.05 minutes
= 13,683 seconds

(+50 Minutes, 41 Seconds from Last Year)

Matches:

(+2 from Last Year)

Companies:
Wins:

(+1 from Last Year)

Losses:

(+1 from Last Year)

Title Match Wins
1/4

Pinfall Wins:

Submission Wins:

Tag Team Wins:
4/10

Multi Man Match Wins
0/5

Stipulation Match Wins
1/1

Battle Royal Wins:
0/2

Tournament Wins:

0/2

Pinfall Losses:

Submission Losses:

DQ Wins/Losses:

0/0

Countout Wins/Losses:
0/0

Longest Match:
Back In Business - Deathmatch - Reagan Cole Vs Jeffry Mason- 24:15

Shortest Match:
Fallout 19 - Tag Team Match - Spirit Walkers Vs Johnny Johnson & Lizzie Rose - 8:46

First Match Of The Year:

Meltdown X, January 24th 2022 - Tag Warz Triple Threat Tag Team Match - Damian Lynch & Noah Stocke defeat Tommy Bedlam & James Douglas, Reagan Cole & Jason Randall.

Last Match Of The Year:

Fallout 24, December 24th 2022 - XYZ defeats Reagan Cole

Most Frequent Opponents:
  1. Kayden Knox (3)
  2. Cyrus Truth (3)
  3. Devin Golden (2)

Most Frequent Tag Partners:
1. Aka Yurei (6)
2. Jason Randall (3)

Look at that chart. It’s so fun. This is the second time that I’ve done this chart. Last time was funnily enough in the build to the first Secular Spectacular and Reagan got a briefcase that set off this entire rollercoaster of a year so maybe doing it twice does it again with a few less downs and a lot more ups! I wanna see the rollercoaster fly! And what’s even more funny is back then, Reagan was pretty sad. He was dressed in a Rudolph outfit and still managed to be sad, now that takes effort. Back then Reagan was like “Awh, man. I failed to beat McClain and I failed to do this and that.” and all mopey baloney. And now? God, Reagan would give everything up to go back there.

Fucking hell, like…we should focus on the positives first right? That makes sense. Reagan won a freaking title this year! There were some doubts but Reagan did it! And he kept a promise to Aka that those two would win the Tag Team Championships and that’s what they did. Positives. Yeah did we lose it in our first defense? Yup. Did Aka then get injured by Reagan’s former tag partner and best friend? Yea. But we still won! This is a nice and chill thing we’re doing and we’re sticking to it.

So how about this? Get a drink, hydrate yourself. It’s a new year. The want to keep your New Year’s resolution alive or the want to make this year YOUR year. It’s a stressful time. So have some deep breaths, enjoy yourself because if you’ve made it this far in the…thread or video or whatever word I can say to make this still hang onto kayfabe, then you deserve it. You deserve all the love.

But while you’re here… I am nominated for a couple of FWA awards. Best Tag Team, obviously. Most improved, genuinely wasn’t expecting that one and I was quite touched by it. Best Match? I was technically in the Carnal Contendership that was nominated, I think that counts. Best Feud, I did have a part to play in that feud. Stopped EE from winning all their title matches on the night, big achievement! Positives! Best show, can’t forget, 3 nominations in one category for me, it’s an honour. And best non….authority figure. I’m still keeping kayfabe. But still a lot of nominations aimed at me, i would appreciate some votes this time around because last time i only got one vote. And that was for rookie of the year. ONE VOTE, I CANT DO THAT AGAIN, PLEASE. GOD DAMMIT.

Anyway positivity. Because this show deserves it, Devin Goldens retiring! It has legit been an honor for Reagan to be on both sides of Golden's ring because it is his ring at the end of the day. Reagan has both teamed with this man and fought him. And not many people can say that so that’s what Reagan is proud of. Goldens insane but he’s also God damn great and could be in the conversation for GOAT. Reagan ain’t watching the match though. The guy got nightmares off competing in a normal deathmatch, this is…considerably worse.

Should really get on topic at one point or maybe not. Nah, this is about relaxation. Go be your best self. Hell yeah. Don’t let anyone judge you for anything either, that happens in a lot in this wrestling fandom, just know everyone gets judged for something, whether it’s big or small. Anyway. Reagan’s gonna beat MDC, That’s what he’s gonna do and maybe after this, his year might get better. It most likely won’t, he really fucked up aligning himself with Jeffry Mason, like Reagan, buddy. I remember when Reagan was supposed to be super smart and that was gonna be his entire thing and now look at him. But just because he’s in a bad way right now mentally, does not mean you need to be. Go see a therapist. Also most likely Reagan and Jason conversation next show if I get booked! Look forward to that. I just was in a positive mood and wanted to give it out in this unique opportunity. Love y’all! Also if this doesn’t count as a promo because Reagan didn’t do anything then….erm.

Reagan: “Fuck The Nephews.”

That’ll do, Reagan. That’ll do.

• Angry
Reactions: Rawr

Doc Sulliday

Isn't that a daisy?
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
XifccX1
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Favorite Sports Team
OEOhb9u
A Good Witchmas To Die Hard

1673246262224.png

"A Christmas Party? Christmas was like...two weeks ago" Kleio De Santos, The Witch Queen, says from the backseat of the car. Blair and Celestia both chuckle at her.

"Kleio, Christmas may be over for you, but Blair and I celebrate Orthodox Christmas Day. Our ancestors are from Central Europe, and over there they celebrate Christmas on January 7th. So of course we're going to a party to celebrate!" says Celestia.

Blair then chirps in "We may be witches, but we like to celebrate Christmas as long as possible. Two Christmas celebrations always meant twice the gifts! Besides, Halloween is like our real Christmas!". Celestia glares at Blair for interrupting her but Blair doesn't even seem to notice. There's been some uncalled upon attention between the two sisters, ever since Celestia found out Blair had lied to her about where Kleio had been all this time.

Why didn't Blair trust her?

Celestia looks up to see a huge tower in front of her. The location of their January 7th Christmas Party. They pull into the building's parking garage, which is at the bottom of the giant skyscraper. Celestia notices a sign right before they go inside. "Hmm, Nakatomi Tower. I feel like I've heard that somewhere before" she tells the other two. She can't quite place why it sounds familiar though.

Celestia, noticing her chips are feeling a little chapped, opens the car's glove box to search for her chapstick. When she opens it however, Blair's infamous spellbook falls out of it. Celestia looks angered at the sight of it as she quickly turns at Blair with daggers in her eyes. "Blair! I thought we agreed. No magic on Christmas!" she says to her sister.

Blair and Celestia always had this tradition. It was the one time of year that they did not dabble in any of the fine arts...or well, their fine arts. It was a rule ever since their mom had passed away around the holiday. And yet, Blair had decided to bring the spellbook with her anyway.

"Not using magic is what lost us the Mile High Massacre match, Celestia. It's time to grow up, we're going to need it if we're going to beat Fenix and the Jolly Dumb Giant." Blair says to her sister. But for once, Celestia is not backing down.

"Blair, it's a rule. You know it is...no magic at Christmas" she says to her sister as they're parking the car. Blair realizes that Celestia isn't going to budge on this one. "Fine" she says. "You win, no magic". Celestia smiles at her sister as she puts the book back in the glove box and shuts it tight. Kleio feels a bit awkward in the back seat, but it's nothing she hasn't been used to. There has been a lot of tension between the two sisters lately, and it's only getting worse. But it is the holidays, so hopefully the two can at least enjoy the night.

The three witches get out of the car and walk to the parking garage elevator. They need to take it to get to the lobby, as it's the only accessible way into this secure and fancy tower. Celestia pushes the up button as it lights up. This particular elevator only goes between the lobby and the parking garage. There is a second elevator that you need to take to get into the tower floors. As the elevator begins to come down, a "Shit" can be heard from behind Celestia and Kleio. Both of them turn around to see Blair patting her pockets. "I forgot my phone in the car" Blair says. "I'll run and grab it real quick, don't let the elevator leave without me".

Blair runs off as both Celestia and Kleio roll their eyes.

"She'd forget her Voodoo Doll's head if it wasn't sewn onto it's body" Celestia says to Kleio. Kleio chuckles, knowing its true. Celestia uses this opportunity alone with Kleio to vent to her Witch Queen. "You agree with me right? We shouldn't be focused on the match tonight. It's Christmas. We should celebrate" Celestia says to Kleio. Kleio really didn't want to get into the middle of the sisterly bickering. She rubs the back of her neck. "Yeahhhh....I don't know. I see both sides" she says to Celestia, her ass sore from the fence she's sitting on. Blair can be heard running as she appears from behind a parked car just as the elevator arrives.

"Got it!" she says as she waves her phone in the air at them both. Celestia rolls her eyes again as the three go up into the lobby. After making their way into the lobby and checking in, the three witches found themselves seated in the huge ballroom for Christmas. It wasn't exactly Celestia's scene. It was rich and fancy, and she was starting to regret even going in the first place. Blair had a point, that it was important to focus on their match. But if that was the case, why did she drag us to this party in the first place she thought to herself.

Kleio, Blair, and Celestia all sat at a table alone. Dinner was awkward and quiet, and as soon as it was over, Blair excused herself to the bathroom. She took her purse with her, likely to powder her nose. Celestia used the moment alone to once again vent to Kleio. "I just don't know why she couldn't tell me where you were. Why you couldn't tell me where you were..." Celestia says to Kleio. Kleio looks on sympathetically at Celestia. She tries to justify herself "It's just...it's complicted Celestia. I don't think Blair meant any harm by it. I know I didn't. It was just easier to keep things quiet as I figured them out". It still wasn't a clear answer from Kleio. Both her and Blair still keep her in the dark. She might be the youngest, but she wasn't stupid.

It was then that Celestia noticed some sage at Blair's seat. Alarmed, she got up and stormed into the bathroom.

"Blair! You brought that damn spellbook in here didn't you?" she said to her sister. Her sister of course was looking in the mirror at the time, a mirror that had blood smeared on it.

"Celestia, not now" Blair says to her.

"Yes now. You promised me, no magic!" she said.

"I don't think I actually promised" Blair responds to her.

Celestia feels betrayed by her sister yet again. "You know Blair, if you can't even do this, I don't know why we even bother sometimes. Go ahead...do your magic, do whatever you want like you always do".

"Thanks for the permission sister" Blair says, as she picks up the book from the bathroom sink and walks back into the ballroom, leaving Celestia in anger.

Celestia stares at her ghostly reflection in the mirror. She's angry...she's angry at Blair, she's angry at Kleio, and she's angry at herself for trusting them both. And she's angry at herself because she knows she's going to forgive the both of them too. What else can she do? Suddenly, before she can have another negative thought, gunshots can be heard from the ballroom. Celestia falls backward in shock as screams can be heard. Her first thought is "What did Blair do now". But when she peers out of the bathroom door she sees several masked assailants.

Suddenly, one of the assailants spots her and walks to the bathroom.

Celestia quickly jumps back.

She looks around for an escape, and sees an air vent! She climbs up into it at the last second. This is her only chance. She climbs into the air duct, but her foot is pulled at the last second by one of the men. She falls onto the bathroom floor as the man tries to subdue her. He grabs her from behind, as none of his partners realize what is going on. But Celestia is able to get a good elbow in on him, and then hits him with a spinning leg kick to the face!

She rips off the man's mask and is shocked to see who it is...Jackson Fenix!

What the hell is Jackson Fenix doi- Wait a second.

Suddenly it all clicked.

This was Blair's doing. That wasn't Jackson Fenix...she didn't know what Blair had planned, but it definitely backfired as Celestia peers out to see a panicked Blair tied up as a hostage along with Kleio. Celestia rips off the unconscious Fenix double's shirt, and writes something on his chest before crawling into the vent. Just missing two more men who came rushing in to see the commotion. One of the men rips off his mask at the site of Fenix laying on the floor and reads what Fenix's chest says.

"Now I have a machine gun...ho ho ho?" The spell version of Savage reads in anger.

Celestia needs to get Blair's spellbook to fix this. But it's in the middle of the ballroom. Why should see fix this? Blair did it. Blair messed it all up. And here is Celestia, cleaning up her mess yet again.

As Celestia hops out of the vent, she sees two very large masked men. And they have Blair's book!

"Hey you idiots!" she yells at them.

"Huh?" they say dopily, before getting their heads comedically knocked together by Celestia. "That's about all you two giant wood-loving twins are worth," she says.

She grabs Blair's blook. And sees it's bookmarked to a certain page.

As she opens it up, she knows exactly what she needs to do to fix it. She looks at the book in anger...Blair didn't have to do this. Blair isn't even fighting in this match. It's all on Celestia. It's always be on Celestia. Yet Blair had to meddle...Blair had to try and go over the top. And she caused this.

Jackson Fenix is someone that Celestia can take. It's someone she has taken before. And those two lumberjack twins are a couple of jobbers that her and Blair had whooped way back on Ground Zero.

Celestia realizes...she has a decision.

She can fix this right here, and be the hero. But will Blair learn?

Or...or maybe she could leave Blair and Kleio to their own doings. It'll buy Celestia some time to actually prepare for the match the real way.

Decisions decisions.

Celestia closes the book with a smile. Blair would say it to her herself.

She's no John McCain.

Rawr

Reaction score
Alyster Black’s Guide to the FWA

AvYimLD5CAZdyGXwEr1cKJAsN6ubo2-LP0TREU_Ep_KdjwFLRQx9X3cv2Rpu7FesK-nPb_6-zrjq_oQdtLgOKepCo6rgytqc39D8xj9Yye8Mmc_FAqBqpZfvT4fk6jnhJ4VbMy2JOUGKcQ5XsouhdB_N_hM2CUuqWiH4dBtVE4e2IzuaBaXp7qKRdUcGkA

It’s the first Saturday of the year, only seven days before the most monumental match in Alyster Black’s career is set to take place. A match that is so overly personal, where the stipulations are so vastly complicated than even he is not fully aware of what the rules and implications of the match, which he had blindly agreed to in a fit of pure hubris, are.

“Winter Wasteland” as Devin Golden has so colourfully put it, was, in theory, the culminating match of the Rotten Gold’s career. Taking stipulations of all his most historically important matches and throwing them together in a hodgepodge of complicated match design, confusion and barbarity. Alyster Black, as violent and barbaric as he was often portrayed, was a fan of keeping things simple. Throwing hands with a person you hated under minimal stipulations was more than enough for him. Throwing in a cage was fine, a second was beginning to feel like overkill, but three cages was a step too far from the usual blood soaked stipulation driven gladiatorial battles he was accustomed too.

On a day that future historians will refer to as the past Alyster Black awoke to a startling situation that would change the very nature of his existence. Standing in his kitchen with a fresh cup of tea, he peeled open the blinds and found an immaculately beautiful sunny day greeting him.

It was still early in the morning. Alyster was still wearing what he’d worn to bed, a ratty t-shirt and track pants, under a bathrobe with a pair of bunny slippers that were brought for him as an ironic gift that he’d ironically fallen in love with and wore as frequently as he could.

The cup of Earl Grey was far too hot to drink so Alyster set it down on the kitchen countertop and continued to stare out at the beautiful morning sky, letting his mind wander, his expression turning blank from the lack of conscious thought.

A knock on the door snapped Alyster’s attention. It was early in the morning and he was not expecting company. With his blissful solitude being interrupted, Alyster immediately decided that today, as beautiful a day as it was, had been ruined and that the rest of it would be horrible and that nothing would be able to convince him otherwise.

He was right of course, the proceeding events would prove so. But he had no way of knowing what events would transpire at the time of him figuring out that today would be a horrible day so this feeling could safely be disregarded as a premonition and treated as nothing more than the sour-outlook on life of a curmudgeon.

If Alyster knew who was knocking at his door this early in the morning then perhaps his entire outlook would be more positive. Then again, any unannounced disturbance of his peace was considered a war crime in his mind. When he finally answered the door, ready to get into a physical confrontation with whomever was on the other side, his mood quickly shifted from furious to alleviation. On the other side of the door was a friend, a relatively new friend but a friend nonetheless. Followers of the Alyster Black heartbreak saga would recognise this friend as his helpful guide on the road to reclaiming his heart and soul. Those who have not followed the heartbreak saga would be left in confusion.

In the context of this story however Alyster did not recognise the fiery faced creature as his spirit guide but as a friend he’d met in recent years named Nero Seele.

Nero was otherworldly in appearance, their body appeared to be covered in flames but they did not illuminate their surrounding area nor were they hot to the touch. Their face lacked any features but just by looking at them you could determine their exact mood as if they were making a face at you. Nero was also wearing clothes, dressing in masculine clothes to fit their Alan Rickman sounding voice.

In spite of all of this anyone who interacted with Nero treated it as if they were just another person, that there was nothing fantastical about them. Walking the streets Nero garnered no attention, passer-bys didn’t stare or make comments. Nero was completely inconspicuous.

Alyster Black was also blissfully unaware of Nero’s origins and special nature. Being introduced to them at a party in Southern California and immediately hitting it off, paying no attention to Nero’s fantastical features or otherworldly insights into life, the universe, and everything. It seemed that at every junction of his life since meeting Nero was able to offer valuable advice that would serve Alyster well. The fact that he was a double champion was a testament to that.

“Alyster, sorry to disturb you on this beautiful morning but I have something rather important I need to tell you. Can I come in?” Nero’s voice seemed to echo with each word it spoke, but not phonically, its words echoed through Alyster’s mind, as if they originated inside there rather than in the world.

“Of course you can mate, mi casa es su casa.” As much as a hermit as Alyster tried to be, his home was indeed open to those he considered friends.

Nero pushed past Alyster and immediately went to the kitchen. Opening the fridge and taking out a six pack of beer. Alyster casually closed the front door and followed. Nero was in the middle of opening each beer as Alyster casually sauntered into the kitchen.

“It’s a little early for that, isn't it mate?” Alyster joked with a bright chuckle, he was no stranger to daytime drinking.

The irony of the joke was not lost on Nero who casually handed three of the beers to Alyster. “Drink, you’re going to need it.”

Alyster picked up his tea, waving the cup to bring it to Nero’s attention, “No thanks mate, I’m good.”

“Seriously Alyster, what I have to tell you is so mind boggling important, it’s Earth shattering man, you’re going to need a few drinks just to fathom it, and I’m going to need a few just to share it with you.”

Nero wasn’t lying, what they had to tell Alyster was so tremendously vital, it was news that would shatter his entire world view and really put a further damper on his day. Unfortunately for Nero their timing was off as they were two minutes behind schedule. Whilst travelling to Alyster Black’s home Nero was delayed by a pair of children riding their bike who had crashed and injured themselves. Nero wasn’t delayed from stopping to help them, rather their delay came from how long they’d stopped to laugh at the children’s misfortune.

Upon sharing this story with Alyster Black and stressing just how time sensitive what they had to share with him was, as well as how vitally important it was that they share this news with him now, all Alyster Black could do was say, “Fuck mate, I don’t blame you for being behind schedule. That’s about the funniest thing possible. Shit, I could watch kids fall off their bikes all day. In fact I’m surprised we’re not watching kids stack right now.”

In the time Nero wasted explaining his schedule and the vital importance of the news they had to share with Alyster, they could of course have just shared that information. Unfortunately now Alyster was searching for videos of children falling on his phone, fortunately this activity led to him finally downing the beers Nero had prepared for him.

“Okay, now that you’ve had a few I can finally tell you what’s going on.”

“Right, and just what is so important and vital that you absolutely need to share tell me and that I need to be three beers deep to hear?”

“If you stop interrupting me I’ll tell you.”

“Ah, sorry mate.”

“What did I just say?” A brief pause permeated in the masked man’s kitchen before Nero cleared their throat and continued, “I’m not actually from Burbank as I originally told you when we first met.”

“Oh, that’s not that big a deal. I mean there’s no shame in being from Reseda if that’s where you’re really from. The Karate Kid is set there.”

“No, that’s not what I mean-”

Nero is interrupted by Alyster, “And I don’t see how that’s such vitally important Earth-shattering information that I needed to be three beers deep to hear it.”

“It will be when I reveal to you the nature of my origin. Have you ever noticed that I don’t look like most people?”

Alyster squinted and leant forward, taking in the sight of Nero with more scrutiny. “Huh, I never really noticed it before but you’re sort of got a fiery thing going on. I guess that’s a little out of the ordinary but I’ve known you for a few years now and only just noticed so it can’t be that big a deal.”

Nero sighed, they raised a finger, ready to explain everything once and for all when suddenly the kitchen became dark. “Ah crud, it’s already starting.”

Alyster was left puzzled, it was bright and sunny just a moment ago and now it was uncomfortably shady. Upon investigation, by looking out the kitchen window, Alyster discovered a large looming shadow covering the landscape and the culprit was not a cloud as one would expect, but an unexplainable phenomenon. In the sky was a large golden brick like object that ignored the laws of gravity with such contempt that gravity simply threw its arms up and pretended to be busy working on its screenplay rather than deal with it.

Black Dos Belts was left agasp at the sight of the impressively large object floating in the sky, and he was not alone. All over the world large golden brick like objects were blocking out the skies. They moved slowly, traversing the lower atmosphere for a short while. During the short while they stayed up there every grifter on the planet with the know-how to work a smart phone took to the internet to offer their two cents on the phenomenon and most of the population latched onto their favourite personality’s theory and treated it as gospel. Theories ranging from these objects being biblically accurate angels (they were not) that had come to enact the rapture, to theories that these giant golden brick like objects were a malfunction in a secret illuminati’s sky projection, all taken as basic fact without a single moment of hesitation.

Not a single scientist was offered an opportunity to give a plausible explanation, not that anyone would have listened to them anyway nor did they have the time to investigate the phenomenon as not even thirty minutes after the golden brick like objects had arrived did a voice bellow out across the world, projected by the large golden brick like objects.

“Ahhhhhhhhh… helloooooo woooorld…”

Alyster’s knuckles turned white at the sound of the voice. “Is that Devin fucking Golden?”

A nod from Nero confirmed Alyster’s theory, it was in fact Devin Golden speaking from inside the giant golden brick like object floating in the sky. Devin Golden, who Alyster hated more than anyone else in the world with the exception of Danny Toner and Shawn Summers. The man who had tried to carve out his heart and left him disfigured and scarred with the initials FWA on his chest. The man who at every turn of Alyster’s fighting career seemed to just be there and would not fuck off no matter how insistant Alyster was that he do so. A man who claimed responsibility for the loss of Alyster’s oldest and closest friend and partner Krash. Who was responsible for Alyster not gaining the World Championship at the Anniversary Show. The man who was so selfish and so up himself that he considered Golden Rock to be the greatest tag team in the FWA. A man who in the last year had gone off the deep end and become a stark raving mad lunatic, this is of course a consequence of Alyster Black’s actions. In fact almost everything that Devin or Alyster had accomplished over the last year could be in some way attributed to one another. This annoyed Alyster more than anything, more than the sound of children laughing, more than the sight of cute puppies and more than the prospect of losing a match against Michelle von Horrowitz.

Yes, there were few people Alyster hated as much as he hated Devin Golden. And the sound of his voice had invariably ruined Alyster’s mood.

“I’veeeeee comeeee tooooo end it allllllllll…” Devin’s voice had a sing-song quality to it that had become grating to the ear. “The world is cominnnnnnnnnnnng to annnnnnnnnnnnnn end…”

The world was unhappy to receive this news and protested, rabbling rapidly and loudly.

“It’ssssss to lateeeeee, there’sssss nothing you can doooo…This world is mineeeeeee and I can end it if I waaaaaaaant…”

God that voice was grating, Alyster was in the mist of grinding his teeth to dust as Devin continued his spiel.

“You seeeeee…I knowwwww…

I knowwww what this alllllllll is. And I can end it whenever I waaaaaant.”

The vast majority of people rabble rousing at the golden gravity defying bricks in the sky came to a consensus in what they were screaming, questioning just what the booming voice was talking about.

“I understand the natuuuuuuuure of realityyyyyyyy.”

It has been theorised that if the true nature of reality was to ever be determined then reality as we know it would cease to be and be replaced by something more absurd. Many believe this has already happened. Another school of thought into the nature of reality is that it doesn’t truly exist. That all of existence is not in fact existence but rather a shared dream world conjured up by a group of coma patients in the same ward. The person to come up with this theory is of course Devin Golden and he has been the subject of ridicule and scorn from his peers since. His theories on reality have been hand-waved and regarded as nothing more than delusions brought on by late stage CTE. Naturally the severity of any possible concussion related syndrome has been brushed aside by those around him, mostly because almost all of Devin Golden’s co-workers hate him but also because they too are suffering from late stage CTE.

“There’s no point arguing…it’s alreadyyyyy overrrr…ready the disruptors…”

A loud click could be heard across the globe as the booming voice died out. Each golden brick like object in the sky began to glow as bright green beams of energy charging and shooting across conductors decorating the underside of the ships, all the energy gathering at a central point in the middle of the crafts.

“So if I’m getting this right, Devin Golden has commandeered a fleet of alien starships and plans on destroying the entire world? That fucker is literally from another planet.” A thought occurred to Alyster who turned back to Nero, “Did you know this was about to happen?”

“Yes.” Nero replied rather nonchalantly.

“And you were saying something about the true nature of your origin being vitally important?”

“Also correct.”

“Am I to assume that it’s got something to do with those world destroying flying golden bricks in the sky?”

“Well, sort of.”

“Right, now I assume you have some solution for this situation we’ve been confronted with.”

“Oh yes, and it very much has to do with the nature of reality. Which is what ties into the nature of my origin.”

“Wonderful, so whenever you’re ready to get rolling on that solution I’m here to help. I’ve no idea how long we have left, Devin has always been one for theatrics so there’s no telling if that light show is just for show or if it’s legit.”

“It’s partly for show, he could have charged those disruptors during the trip to Earth. He’s giving you time to get up there.”

“He’s waiting for me?”

Nero was taken aback by Alyster questioning that statement. “Well, yeah. Of course he’s waiting for you, who else is he going to take the world from?”

“What do you mean by that? He’s waiting for me to go up there so that he can take the world from me? That’s utter lunacy, are you sure you’re not supposed to be up there in fucking-psycho-crazy-land with him?”

“You are the champion of the world. And the only person left that he hates. Besides that new friend of yours, Peacock.”

“So what, this is all a cry for attention so that he can confront me and try to take the world from me?”

“Yes, it’s dreadfully serious you see. He’ll go through with destroying the world.”

“I suppose I’d better get up there then.” Alyster reached into his robe pocket and pulled out his mask, fastening it over his face. He and Nero stared at each other for a few moments longer before Alyster broke the silence. “And how do I get up there?”

“You get right under that charging beam and ask nicely.”

Alyster was unsurprised by that answer. With a deep sigh he left the comfort of his kitchen and proceeded out of the house and down the street with Nero following close behind.

“It a good thing that I’m three beers deep.” Alyster mused, “Otherwise I don’t think I’d be handling this as well as I am.”

“And I still haven’t revealed the nature of the origin to you.”

“We’ve got time now don’t we?”

“Not really.” Nero pointed down a main street that ran adjacent to the path they and Alyster were travelling down. Approaching them was a parade of what could only be described as black clad zombies.

“Is that a Black Zombie Parade?”

“It appears to be so.”

Neither man was shocked at what they were witnessing. Fortunately the zombies were Romero zombies and moved very slowly, double so since most of them were weighed down with marching band instruments and uniform.

“I say we ignore them and get a move on, I’m quite fed up with Devin Golden and want to get this over with.”

“Absolutely, it’s a shitty non-sequitur anyway.”

Alyster was somehow even more annoyed than he was earlier. Proceeding in a sort of half jog in silence, eager to put an end to this entire situation and go back to drinking tea in the kitchen. Ridding himself of Devin Golden once and for all would be a rather favourable bonus.

It wouldn’t take them that much longer before they arrived at their destination, right under the charging green lights of the ship, staring up above.

“Right, now what?”

“Stick out your thumb.”

“Seriously?”

“Yes seriously, it’s thematic. It’ll work.”

Not in the mood to argue Alyster raised his thumb as if he was hitching a ride. Nothing happened, at least not immediately. After a scoff and just as he was lowering his arm a beam of light, though not the green light of the disruptor, shot down from the ship and engulfed both him and Nero. The sensation that followed could only be described as incredibly nauseating, like his very being was a glass of water being drunk by a very thirsty camel. It was the complete and total opposite of pleasant and something he wished to never have to repeat.

Everything was a blur for Alyster. After the lights died out he found himself lying down somewhere inside the ship, that much he was sure of. It was dingy, dirty, and miserable. The walls very clearly were once golden and beautiful, but now had dulled and looked rotten. It was very apropos considering the identity of the ship’s captain.

Alyster’s body ached, his head throbbed and his mouth was dry. He tried to sit up and was only able to do so after considerable exertion. Nero was fine, leaning against a doorway and keeping a lookout. A groan from Alyster caught Nero’s attention, who turned to him with what felt like a smirk on his non-expressive face.

“Ah, you’re finally awake. Good, we can put an end to this obnoxious charade then.”

“How long was I out?”

“No idea, the transportation process isn’t one to one with the passage of time. It could range from a few minutes to a few hours.”

“Is the world still there?”

“Not sure, there isn’t exactly any windows on this crapheap of a ship. I wouldn't worry about it, just remember these two words, don’t panic.”

“Fair enough…let’s go find out then.” Alyster tried to stand but struggled immensely, “Give me a hand.” He raised an arm for aid. Nero was more than happy to support him. Helping him to his feet and draping his arm over their shoulder.

“Right, this is going to do wonders for the stealth operation.”

“I thought Devin was inviting me to come kick his ass.”

“Yes and no. He wants you to suffer and he wants to destroy your entire world, preferably with you in it. Why do you think the mothership is floating over San Dimas? What do you think that black parade was marching for? He’s making sure he finds you first.”

“Great. By the way, why did transporting fuck me up so badly and leave you completely unscathed.”

“Transporting takes a lot of energy, from the transporter and transported. You just need to get some food in you and you’ll be right. As for why I’m okay…It’s the nature of my existence.”

“Oh fuck don’t even say another word, I’m sick of hearing about the nature of your origins. Just, let’s find a kitchen.”

“Way ahead of you boss, there’s one just down the hall here. The cooks made sure to bring us in close.”

“The cooks transported us up here?”

“Of course they did, who else would? Devin isn’t exactly going to welcome you with open arms. If he found you first then he’d make sure you came up here in a body bag.”

“And the cooks don’t want that?”

“Oh no, the cook’s hate Devin. Have you ever heard him monologue before? They find it as grating as you do. Imagine taking orders from someone using that speech pattern.”

“Huh, can’t blame them for wanting to fuck him over then.”

They made it to the kitchen undiscovered. The staff had retired for the night, it had apparently been some time since they’d transported Alyster and Nero to the ship. Fortunately they had left a meal out for Alyster, one that hadn’t been ruined in the subtle ways that they employed to screw with Devin Golden. It wasn’t oversalted, it was properly cooked through, the vegetables weren’t begging to rot, and no one had coughed on it. It was perfectly safe and nutritious, if a little cold.

Now fully energised and able to walk on his own accord, Alyster marched out of the kitchen with his chest out and head held high. He was ready for a fight, a violent fight. He was ready to withstand three cages stacked one on top of the other, with his hands dipped in glue and covered in glass, he was ready for any overkill as long as it meant he could finally do away with Devin Golden once and for all.

He marched down the hall, not quite sure where he was going but moving nonetheless. Nero followed behind, humming a quiet tune to himself. Alyster was sure that if he was travelling in the wrong direction that Nero would correct him, but Nero said not a word as they travelled across the ship. On occasion they would run into a guard patrolling the halls, Nero insisted on stealth so they did their best to avoid them, ducking into unoccupied rooms and behind corners to avoid detection.

The guards patrolling the halls were alien in nature. Grotesque creatures with green skin and vaguely New Orleans-esq accents. Their noses were pig-like, their eyebrows dropped over their eyes, partially blinding them, their bellies were round and so large that they struggled to walk through the doors of the ship, which was ironic considering that they were the species that designed and built this entire fleet. These aliens were so unimaginably stupid that design flaws like this were commonplace throughout the ship.

Nero explained that their presence was due to their unwavering fandom of Devin Golden. Having watched his exploits on FWA television since his debut with the company. They adored him in every incarnation, especially his current incarnation.

Alyster pitied these creatures, they were too stupid to know any better.

Eventually they stumbled upon a familiar setting, the kitchen they had started at.

“We’ve travelled in a circle.”

“Figuratively, yes. Literally no. We’ve actually travelled in more of a rhombus.”

“Regardless of what shape we’ve travelled in we’re back to where we started.”

Nero blinked, not getting the point.

“I thought you were directing us to Devin.”

“Oh, I have no idea where he is on the ship. I was just blindly following you.”

“Well…fuck…”

They stared at one another for a few moments more before the sound of boots clanging against the floor began to approach from down the hall.

“Alright, new strategy then.” Alyster approached the sound with arms raised up in surrender and came across an alien guard, “We surrender. Please take us to Devin Golden.”

On the bridge Devin Golden was relaxing comfortably. He was moments away from his conquest, once and for all doing away with that pest Alyster Black and destroying the entire world in the process. The disruptors were almost fully charged and ready to be fired.

Aliens manned every station on the bridge, all looking rather bored. They’d have nothing to do for the last twelve hours but sit and wait for the charging process to complete, and even when the charging process had come to an end it would be Devin Golden who hit the button to fire every disruptor on the fleet. The button sat on the armrest of his chair, bright red, hidden underneath a latch that would open when the disruptor was ready.

The Rotten Gold sat back in his luxuriously comfortable captain’s seat, a rounded chair on a swivel with many golden coloured pillows to comfort him, overlooking a giant monitor that spanned the entire wall adjacent to him and displayed an image of San Dimas, California.

“The onlyyyyy thing that would make this beterrr…was if Alysterrrrrr was hereeeeee…”

The doors to the bridge slid open and in stepped Alyster and Nero, held at gunpoint by the guard they’d surrendered to.

“Oh Rotten One, I have prisoners for you.”

Devin swivelled around in his chair and his smirk grew in size. “You’reeeee hereeee…finally…”

Alyster greeted Devin Golden with disdain, “Devin, how awful to see you again.”

“Likewiseeeee, but this is a joyoussss ocasionnn. This is the last time we’lllllllll everrrr do this danccccccccce.”

“Absolutely, now how about telling your man here to stand down so that we can trade hands and get this over with?”

“I suposeee it’s only fairrrr to give you a fighting chancccce.”
Devin hopped up from his chair and motioned to the guard who pressed his blaster into the back of Nero.

“You go ahead scum, but your friend hangs back here.”

“That’s perfectly fine by me. Go fuck him up champ.”

Alyster nodded his head and began to circle the bridge, eyes fixated on Devin Golden who circled in turn.

They lunged for one another, both throwing right hands, catching each other on the jaw. Alyster stumbled back in pain, his mask was torn open and blood poured from a fresh wound. Devin cackled maniacally as he rubbed his jaw before raising his fist. In his hand was a shard of glass, one covered in dried and fresh blood, both from the same victim.

“You miserable, cheating, piece of shit.”

“This is the laaaaaast danccccce Aly…One of us neeeeeeds to dieeeeee.”

“It’s going to be you bastard, I have way too many fights coming up that I’m excited for.”

Alyster lunged for Devin, tackling him down to the ground. Devin stuck the shard of glass into Alyster’s side. Black shrieked in pain as Devin kicked him off and mounted him. He began to rain down with rights and lefts on Alyster, punching him without mercy. Alyster only barely managed to keep his composure and reach up to claw Devin’s eyes. The Rotten Gold was blinded, shrieking as Alyster shoved him off.

Black reached for the shard of glass lodged in his side and tugged on it, it was stuck in good. It was safer to leave it in than take it out. He slowly rose to his feet but Devin got up before him and kicked him in the teeth. Alyster fell onto his side and Devin stomped on the shard of glass, lodging it further inside Alyster Black. The masked man could only scream as Devin ground his boot down.

“Chris man, what the hell are you doing?” Nero called out, “This is sadistic, even for you.”

“He had this comingggggg. I’ve taken soooooo much from him…now I’m going to take everything he has left…” Devin looked back over his shoulder at the guard and Nero. “Shoooooot himmmm.”

Before Nero could protest the guard pulled the trigger, a blast of energy shot through his spine, clear through his body. The energy ricochet around the room, hitting the consoles, sparking them and lighting them on fire, killing a few of the bridge staff and nearly hitting Devin Golden who had to dodge roll out of the way.

“Idioooooot!” Devin hissed, he was about to hurl more insults at the guard but was interrupted by the sound of an egg timer going off. “Ahhhh, time to destroy the wooooorld. Are you watching Alyster?

Alyster?”

Devin scanned the room, looking for his masked opponent. He followed the trail of blood behind his captain’s chair. On the other side was Alyster Black, his finger on the disruptor trigger, ready to push the button.

Devin scoffed. “I was about to presss that button.”

“I know…”
Alyster grunted in pain, “But I made a quick modification.”

Devin raised an eyebrow then stepped closer to Alyster, the side of his chair had been ripped open, the wiring inside had been ripped and jerry rigged together.

“What did you dooooo?”

“I think the cliche is that I reversed the polarity. Goodbye forever Devin. I hope you rot in hell.”

Alyster pressed the button and the disruptor imploded, every ship in the fleet was destroyed in a bright green flash, including Devin Golden’s, taking everyone out with him. The cooks that hated him, the aliens that adored him, his most bitter rival, and himself. Just as Alyster planned, just as he was always willing to do.

Alyster’s eyes fluttered open, he was surrounded by nothing except blackness. But he wasn’t alone. With him was a familiar fiery face, his guide, Nero.

“So…this is oblivion?”

“Not for you my friend. This is the end of everything for Devin Golden. When you defeat him at Simpre, this is where he will go. Into limbo, into nothingness. He believes he’s going to wake up from a long coma and be reunited with him family, he believes that he’s going to live a long and happy life.”

“Not if I have anything to say about it. Putting an end to Devin Golden sounds like a gift from Heaven.”

“Absolutely, fuck Devin Golden.”

“Well, since that’s over. Are you going to get into that whole nature of your origin thing?”

“I suppose it’s time. The story is wrapped up in a nice little bow. The man who started you on your journey of heartbreak is the last stop on you finally restoring your heart in full. I mean, winning the World Championship was a good bandaid, a little shotcut to the end, but ending Devin Golden’s career? That’s the real endgame. He tried to carve your heart out and you end his career. That only seems fair.”

“As for what I am? Well, I’m a part of you aren’t I? Who better to guide you through the restoration of your heart than your fighting spit anthropomorphized on the metaphysical plane? Retreating to fantasy to deal with your problems, to reflect and make strides, that’s what this is all about isn’t it?"

“Fuckin’ A”

Nero smirked as only he could, expressionless before the fire that made up his body engulfed Alyster and was absorbed into his being.

All he had to do now was make his fantasy a reality.​

Last edited: