• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MELTDOWN XXI: 'HYDE PARK' || RESULTS

SupineSnake

FREE PALESTINE
J05NVxh.png

XXI: HYDE PARK.

Live from Hyde Park in London, United Kingdom.
Thursday 10th November, 2022.

violet.png

After the opening video package that is seen at the beginning of each edition of Thursday Night Meltdown, we open up to the large outdoor space that is Hyde Park in London. It is a chilly night in the UK’s capital and with this being an outdoor event, the FWA fans that have been admitted into the enclosed space hired by the FWA are appropriately dressed in thick winter coats and wooly hats.

The ring is in the middle of the park, connected to a stage by a relatively short entranceway. A large screen has been erected above where the wrestlers will be making their entrances, and aerial shots reveal that behind the stage itself a makeshift backstage area has been put together, assuredly constructed by some of Britain's greatest engineers. We cut to the commentary table that has been set up next to the ring and Rod Sterling and Anzu Kurosawa are both shown. Rod is distracted talking to a roadman in the front row.

Rod Sterling: "Any time I’m here with the homies is a good time, G!"

Anzu awkwardly eyes the camera, her partner not realising that he is missing what must be his cue.

Anzu Kurosawa: "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Meltdown! Tonight we’ve transformed one of London’s greatest tourist hotspots into ‘HYPE PARK’! The temperatures are taking a turn for the worst here, but the rain is staying away, and there's plenty of FWA action to look forward to!"

She looks over to Rod, who is practising a handshake with his companion behind him, and still with his back to the camera entirely. Anzu rolls her eyes.

Anzu Kurosawa: "Tonight the F1 Climaxxx will be kicking off with two matches from across both pools; the FWA World Champion Danny Toner - fresh off of defending his title against Alyster Black at Lights Out - faces Tommy Bedlam, and the North American Champion Lizzie Rose will be taking on the NEW FWA Television Champion - and the United Kingdom’s own - Phillip A. Jackson!"

Another look from Anzu to her commentary partner shows that Rod STILL is not finished with his conversation, although it looks like the young man he is talking to is beginning to tire of the out of touch middle-aged man attempting to speak like someone from Peckham.

Anzu Kurosawa: "Not only that but this is a big night for the tag division as the former FWA World Tag Team Champions, Reagan Cole and Aka Yurei, take on Executive Excellence’s Bad Reputation and the new champions, The Connection, defend their titles against newcomer Andersen Vega and a partner of his choosing in tonight’s main event contest. Rod! You want to pay attention here? We’re live, dude!"

Still, Sterling fails to pay any attention to his commentating duties and Anzu throws her hands up to the camera in a moment of frustration, but the floodlights shining down onto the ring and the set up quickly cut out. The screen on the stage comes to life.

Rod Sterling: "Someone running up on us?"

The video finishes and the fans cheer, and the lights spring back up and AL BLIZZARD IS STANDING RIGHT NEXT TO ROD STERLING! Blizzard - from London - is met with cheers from his home city crowd, and he stares around the assembled masses for a moment and then looks down at Rod with an intrigued look on his face.

Rod Sterling: "What’s up?"

Blizzard says nothing and looks around once more - and the lights cut out again!

Anzu Kurosawa: "Has he gone?"

The lights then return back to normal for a second time and Rod Sterling breathes a large sigh of relief upon learning that Blizzard is no longer standing next to him.

Rod Sterling: "That was very strange… we saw something like that happen at Lights Out when one of those videos interrupted Price, but Al Blizzard stepped it up a notch here on Meltdown, Anzu."

Anzu Kurosawa: "A mysterious individual for sure, Rod. I don’t know what he wants or what his intentions for the FWA are, but given the intrigue he has caused already, he could be looking to make some waves for sure."

Rod Sterling: "I agree. So… you ready to run down what we’ve got coming up tonight?"

After the hype that had surrounded the appearance of Al Blizzard here at ringside, the reaction in Hyde Park flips on its head in anticipation of the entrance of ‘Der Bastard’ Shawn Summers. Roughly ten pounds lighter than when he last made an entrance on an FWA show, the London-based crowd soon delight in mocking him over his loss of the FWA Television Championship at Lights Out to their fellow countryman.

Summers also forgoes the majority of his pre-match ritual, making it clear that this is one pissed off ‘Der Bastard’ that we are dealing with tonight.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: "The following contest is your opening contest on Meltdown, and it is a singles match scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, from Laguna Beach, California and weighing in tonight at two-hundred and twenty-five pounds… he is ‘Der Bastard’ himself… SHAWN SUMMMMMMMMMMERRRRRRRRRRSSSS!!"

Rod Sterling: "Well, Anzu, tonight marks the first time that either of us have had the pleasure of calling a Shawn Summers match on Meltdown! With his well-publicised Fallout-exclusive deal seemingly being ignored by FWA management for this match, Summers has yet another reason to be unhappy with the situation he finds himself in at the moment."

Anzu Kurosawa: "Shawn Summers holds a firm belief that he should still be the FWA Television Champion, after being defeated by Phillip A. Jackson at Lights Out, and given how things went down, he believes he has a case."

Rod Sterling: "Summers has taken exception with how the official for that match - Joey Ortiz - handled things and he believes that the referee is to blame. He has campaigned for FWA management to step in and overturn the decision, give him back his TV title and install him in the F1 Climaxxx tournament!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "That might be a bit too much to ask for, although he may have been thrown a bone as Gracelynn Guerrero is in the middle for this match."

Summers sideeyes Guerrero as he passes her in the ring and his gaze then moves past Katie-Lynn Goldsmith to his opponent, who looks extremely nervous.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: "His opponent… PRESTON STERLING!"

The former child star Preston Sterling raises both of his arms and attempts to mock some of the fans who he thinks may be jealous of his celebrity, but he does not have long to gloat as SHAWN SUMMERS FLATTENS HIM FROM BEHIND! Guerrero ushers Katie out of the ring and then calls for the bell!

FIRST MATCH - 1/20.
Shawn Summers vs. Preston Sterling.

Singles Match.

Match Writer: Mandalorian.

With Sterling already on the ground, the former child star is already easy pickings for Summers to lay into him with several stomps to the ribs after barrelling him over to jumpstart the match. ‘Der Bastard’ pulls Sterling away from the ropes at the referee’s request and then gets on top of Sterling’s chest and starts laying into him with a combination of punches and forearm strikes!

Anzu Kurosawa: "Summers coming out of the gate hot with some Blitzkreig. Being a famous celebrity, Preston Sterling relies on his face for work and publicity, but he’s getting a free rearrangement courtesy of Shawn Summers at the moment! Summers is NOT here to play, Rod."

Rod Sterling: "There is plenty right now that Summers is angry about, and Preston could just be in the wrong place at the wrong time against the wrong player."

After pummelling Sterling all over his face, Summers grabs the already limp body of his opponent and props him up against the bottom turnbuckle. Summers looks around at the crowd who are jeering him and he shows them what he thinks of them with a couple of choice hand gestures, before charging across the ring and he slams his knees against Sterling’s face and chest - The Bee’s Knees!

Summers is forced to back away and Sterling slowly emerges from the corner, blood dripping from his nose. Things only go from bad to worse for him when Summers breaks free from Guerrero and connects with a Penalty Kick right to the face!

Rod Sterling: "Summers scored big with that kick and I’m sure all of the soccer fans here in the UK enjoyed that one!”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Calling it that around here could get you hurt, Rod.."

With the kick all but knocking Sterling out completely unconscious, Summers picks up the deadweight and hooks Sterling’s head under his arm… AND HE DROPS HIM WITH MIDSOMMAR!! Sterling gets spiked on the top of his head and Summers presses both shoulders down onto the mat;

ONE… TWO… THREE!!!

Winner: Shawn Summers via pin fall at 1:29

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: "Here is your winner, Shawn Summers!"

Summers wastes no time in rising to his feet following the bell ringing to signify the end of the match and he then peels Preston from the mat and throws him through the ropes and out of the ring, where he lands with a thud. The referee attempts to raise Shawn’s hand, but he pulls his arm away and looks at Guerrero with disgust.

Rod Sterling: "Shawn Summers not working by the hour tonight in London - and with his attitude being displayed towards the company at the moment, of course he’s going to punish these fans and not put on a good showing for them!”

Anzu Kurosawa: “He doesn’t care about these people, Rod. There’s one person that Shawn Summers cares about and he sees them every time he looks in a mirror."

Shawn paces back and forth between the ring and the fans. He mutters to himself now and then, ignoring the jeers coming his way from the fans. Shawn begins to walk towards the entrance ramp before stopping. The audio picks up him saying, "fuck it," as he suddenly turns and makes his way toward the timekeeper's area. He snatches a microphone from the ring announcer, startling her before approaching and rolling into the ring.

Shawn surveys the arena for a moment. He looks around as if he were trying to capture the faces of each of them with his mind. He slowly begins to sit in a criss-cross position - tapping the microphone rhythmically with his finger to alert everyone that it is on.

Shawn Summers: "I've given the FWA five days."

Shawn raises his nondominant hand in the air signalling the five days he's given the company.

Shawn Summers: "I've given them that long to respond to my petition to the Louisiana State Athletic Committee for the reversal of the decision made by their official in my match at Lights Out. I gave them five days - and the FWA has said absolutely nothing in those five days. But I'm not sitting here because of what they've said or didn't say. I'm out here because of what they've done."

Anzu Kurosawa: "He can't be serious, can he? He's acting like he's a victim all because he lost?"

Rod Sterling: "Let's give him a chance, Anzu. We have to at least hear him out."

Shawn Summers: "In those five days, the FWA officially recognized Phillip A. Jackson as the television champion. In those five days, the FWA granted Phillip A. Jackson a spot in the F1 Climaxxx due to his status as champion."

Anzu Kurosawa: "What were they supposed to do? Leave everything up in limbo because Summers can't admit defeat? Are we really allowing him to sit on his soapbox?"

Shawn pauses and glances down. Almost as if he were disappointed or saddened by realizing what the FWA had done to him.

Shawn Summers: "In those five days, the FWA allowed referee Ortiz to officiate matches despite the credible allegations against him. In those five days, the FWA has proven that they don't give a damn about their talent."

Shawn pauses to allow for his words to sink in. A substantial majority of the fanbase boo and shower him with terms of refutation. Their reaction does little to stop his actions tonight, though.

Shawn Summers: "The FWA not caring about their talent is anything but new. It's something we've seen documented countless times over the years. We saw it a year ago when Gabrielle had her 'mental breakdown .'The FWA decided to parade her around on every show, promote her tweets, and document her mental deterioration, all for entertainment."

Rod Sterling: "Wow...we all know the history between Shawn and Gabrielle. I can't pretend to believe that he is bringing this up with any form of sincerity."

Anzu Kurosawa: "This is 100% Shawn Summers trying to use anything he can to paint the company as bad. That is truly pathetic of him."

Shawn lowers the microphone from his mouth and twitches as he thinks back to the treatment of Gabrielle.

Shawn Summers: "When my best friends, Noah and Trevor, brought up valid arguments about the lack of respect that the FWA had shown the tag-team division, the company decided to profit off of their frustration and feelings of despair by holding a tag-team tournament. They hosted a tag-team tournament and completely disregarded any input from the one tag team willing to risk it to promote the division.

"How can we forget that the FWA allowed Devin Golden to mutilate Alyster Black on live television - scarring him physically and mentally? Let's not forget that the only reason they edited it out of future broadcasts is that their advertisers brought concerns about the graphic nature of the scene.

"Need another example of how the FWA has shown they don't care about talent? I've got one for you - the FWA has filmed and exploited the apparent deaths of not one, not two, but three of their employees. Instead of giving their talent time to grieve, they've adopted the show must go on narrative and continued to jeopardize their physical and mental well-being. "

Rod Sterling: "Minus the claim about Gabrielle, Shawn brings up some pretty valid points. Those were some questionable decisions by the higher-ups."

Anzu Kurosawa: "Do not let him fool you into believing what he is saying. Shawn Summers does not care about anyone else on the roster but himself."

Shawn Summers: "That's why I'm speaking out. The FWA hates that I am not afraid of them and their lawyers. The FWA hates that I'm not simply allowing the decision at Lights Out to stand. It's why they've painted me as bitter and disillusioned. They've taken a page out of the liberal media's playbook.

"They want you to believe that I care about some fourth-rate championship. They want you to think I'm just upset that I 'lost .'I've experienced a loss before and never complained about the situation. When I'm on, I'm on. When I'm off, I'm off. At Lights Out, I was not off. I was cheated by biased officiating from an FWA employee. I saw an injustice and decided to do something about it. And for my efforts to bring to light this injustice, the FWA has done everything to ignore me.

"But do you know who didn't ignore me? Do you know who the one who has stood by my side since the beginning is? My dear old uncle Ru."

Anzu Kurosawa: "Are you kidding me? His uncle Ru?!?! Rupert Watkins?!? Give me a break. Of course, those two would be tight. Of course, they are. It just makes sense."

Shawn Summers: "My Uncle Ru is why I'm standing here today. He signed me to one of the most significant contracts in FWA after I headlined Back in Business. He ensured that I was taken care of because he knew the FWA alone wouldn't do so. He knew that the FWA would screw me. He knew that. So, when I told him I would contest the Lights Out decision, he provided me with the backing of his legal team to fight this. My Uncle Ru has done more for me than anyone in this company, and it's a shame that you people have tried to paint him as anything but a man willing to provide opportunity."

Rod Sterling: "That's not how I would describe Rupert Watkins. Based on his last months in charge of Fallout, I don't think anyone would describe him as a man willing to provide opportunity."

Shawn Summers: "I know what's happening backstage. The FWA executives are probably scrambling. They're probably trying to figure out how to shut my microphone off. They're probably looking for someone to come out here and put me in my place. They're thinking of a way to remind me and everyone else that they can make or break you. But I'm different. I'm Shawn Summers, and you cannot break me."

Shawn drops the microphone and stands to his feet. He motions at the stage area for the FWA to bring it. The crowd show their disapproval for Summers and his stance, as he is now threatening to bring the entire show to a standstill. After a few moments, Jon Russnow emerges from the back and as predicted by Summers, the FWA Brand Consultant looks stressed out, but he shows no fear of ‘Der Bastard’ as he marches down the ramp with a microphone in his hand.

Jon Russnow: "Shawn, I can’t allow this to continue. Let me assure you, that we’ve got enough problems back there right now without you coming out here and making things worse. This needs to stop… right… now."

Russnow enters the ring and stands in front of Summers, who attempts to intimidate the much smaller man, but Russnow does not back down.

Jon Russnow: "I understand that you are not happy about what happened at Lights Out, and there are probably some people out there who agree with you. That doesn’t mean that you get to hijack this show and deny these people the wrestling that they have paid good money to see tonight! You don’t get to do that, Shawn. Nuh-uh.”

The crowd shows their support for Russnow, as Summers offers the staff member some words off-mic, but he is clearly being dismissive of the requests being made of him. Russnow shakes his head.

Jon Russnow: "I think there might be a little miscommunication here, Shawn, because I am not asking you to get out of the ring. I am telling you!”

More cheers for Russnow, and the anger levels in Summers are beginning to rise.

Jon Russnow: "I have security personnel on standby and they are ready to forcibly remove you from the ring if you do not leave on your own accord. I will not tolerate you or anyone else threatening this company, especially if you’re going to align yourself with scum like Rupert Watkins!”

Big cheer.

Jon Russnow: "Shawn, I’m willing to work with you on this without the need for lawsuits, court cases or anything like that. I am willing to look into this for you and conduct my own unbiased investigation into what happened at Lights Out and if Joey Ortiz is found to have not conducted himself in the manner becoming of an appointed FWA official, necessary action will be taken. Let me be clear though, you will NOT be awarded the FWA Television Championship on a technicality and you will NOT be installed into the F1 Climaxxx. The result of the match is going to stand regardless, and Phillip A. Jackson will not be punished.”

The London crowd cheer in approval for that and Summers stands with a scornful look on his face as he ponders his next move.

Jon Russnow: "So I’ll look into this for you, but I will only do that if you leave the ring right now and allow this show to continue. What is it going to be, Shawn? All it takes is one word and the security will be out here. Your call, Summers.”

Without saying a word, Shawn Summers walks past Russnow and ensures that he bumps shoulders with him as he does so. Russnow breathes a heavy sigh of relief as ‘Der Bastard’ walks up the ramp towards the back.

Rod Sterling: "Jon Russnow laying down the lawn on Shawn Summers and stopping this protest in its tracks. Summers surprised me though, Anzu. He didn’t cause a fuss!”

Anzu Kurosawa: “I think we all know better than to trust someone like Shawn Summers, Rod. Just because he’s dropped this for tonight, doesn’t mean that he won’t go back on his word. He’s a snake, after all. That being said, though, Jon Russnow has given his own word to investigate this matter further, so watch this space, I guess?"

Shawn Summers disappears behind the curtain on the stage and Russnow then takes his own leave from the ring as Meltdown fades away elsewhere.

violet.png

Backstage, Big Bryan Baxter is doing some curls in preparation for his F1 match with Gerald Grayson on Fallout. However, his workout is interrupted as an unexpected visitor walks in.

???: "Look at you, you're really takin' this seriously, aren't you?"

Surprise crosses Bryan's face as he looks over to the door of the locker room to find his agent, Bill Scorpane, standing in the door with a grin on his face.

Bryan Baxter: "Bill? What are you doing here? You don't normally travel with us... what's that you've always said... why go along for the ride when you can just sit at home and cash your check?"

Bryan doesn't seem necessarily pleased to see his agent and his tone is only half joking. Mr. Scorpane simply lets out a hearty laugh.

Bill Scorpane: “Hahaha! Right you are, Baxter. But I gotta say... I may have underestimated you, my boy!"

Bryan Baxter: "So I get a title shot and a spot in the F1, and suddenly you don't think I'm just good for helping Jeremy win?"

Bill Scorpane: "Don't be silly! I've ALWAYS knew you had it in ya... I just thought Jeremy was the cash cow I should back. But I dunno, after seeing you victorious and Jeremy once again failing at Lights Out... I'm thinkin'... maybe I'm backin' the wrong horse."

Baxter rolls his eyes.

Bryan Baxter: "I won a Battle Royal that was like 50% joke characters like vampire cosplayers and Frankenstein for some reason. Meanwhile it took everything and the kitchen sink for one of FWA's top stars, Chris Peacock, to keep Jeremy down with a World Title shot on the line. I don't think you can compare it. I don't want to hear you cutting Jeremy short for what he's done in just a year here in FWA."

Scorpane once again laughs, moving in closer and patting Bryan on the back.

Bill Scorpane: "Oh, of course! What I mean is... I realize now that there's money to make in both of you! Why back one horse when I can back two. I haven't given up on Jeremy. Our little plan continues to pay off, after all. Just take a look... I got another one of those pen pal letters of his."

Scorpane reaches into his sports coat and retrieves a white envelope, labeled with Jeremy's name, addressed to Scorpane's office. Baxter quickly snatches it away.

Bryan Baxter: "Are you crazy? Jeremy is here too!"

Bill Scorpane: "Don't be so worried, Bryan. You know Jeremy. We could easily come up with an excuse that he'd believe."

Bryan Baxter: "I don't know, man... I'm been feelin' real bad. I really just want to tell Jeremy... I just haven't found the right time."

???: "Tell me what?"

Both Bill and Bryan are taken by surprise as Jeremy is now standing in the doorway, big smile on his face.

Jeremy Best: "Mr. Scorpane! What a pleasant surprise!"

Bryan puts his hands behind his back, trying to hide the evidence.

Jeremy Best: "So what's up guys? What did you want to tell me, Bryan?"

Bryan Baxter: "Uhh... well... you see... the thing is... uhh..."

Jeremy Best raises an eyebrow, sensing the anxiety in both Baxter's voice and face.

Jeremy Best: "What's behind your back there, buddy? Did you get me a present to try and cheer me up from my Golden Opportunity loss? Aw, you shouldn't have!"

Jeremy happily moves in, reaching behind Bryan's back wanting to see what he is hiding back there. Bryan reluctantly gives in and hands over the envelope. Mr. Scorpane brings his palm up to his face as Jeremy inspects the envelope.

Jeremy Best: "Hmm.. what's this?"

Jeremy opens up the envelope.

Bryan Baxter: "Listen... Jeremy... I've been wanting to tell you..."

Jeremy is silent as he reads the letter. The camera can't make out what it says.

Jeremy Best: "...I thought...these were from you? But this is a new one? And definitely not from you.."

Bryan Baxter: "Jeremy.."

Jeremy Best: "Did you... lie to me? This whole time?"

Bryan Baxter: "It was all his idea! I wanted to tell you...I feel awful! He told me it was the only way to get you to even talk to me again."

Jeremy Best: "So you earned my trust through a web of lies? And you put him up to this, Mr. Scorpane?"

Mr. Scorpane shrugs his shoulders.

Bill Scorpane: "Hey, kid, I've never claimed to be your friend, ok? It's always been business. And getting Bryan back in your corner as an insurance policy... someone willing to do things you weren't willing to do... that was good for business. And it certainly has been. If you want to be mad at someone, be mad at me."

But it isn't anger on Jeremy's face. It's sadness. It's disappointment.

Jeremy Best: "I... I just think... I need to go."

Tucking the letter in his khaki pockets, Jeremy turns and exits the room in a haste.

Bill Scorpane: "He'll be fine. Just give him a little space and he'll forgive you. It's Jeremy. He always forgives. It's just his nature."

Baxter shook his head in frustration.

Bryan Baxter: "Jeremy! Wait up man! Let's just talk about this!"

Not listening to Scorpane's advice, Bryan dart out of the locker room in pursuit of his friend and tag partner.

violet.png

Anzu Kurosawa: “It looks like there’s trouble in paradise in regards to The Buddy System, and hopefully it can get straightened out before Bryan Baxter’s F1 Climaxxx match this Saturday on Fallout as he takes on one half of the tag team champions, Gerald Grayson.”

Rod Sterling: “Speaking of the F1 Climaxxx, we’re about to kick it off with our second match of the night here on Meltdown and the first in what should be a banger of a tournament.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “What better way to kick the F1 off than with a champion vs champion match up!”

Katie Lynn-Goldsmith: “The next contest will be the opening round in the F1 Climaxx, and it is scheduled for one fall with a 30-minute-time-limit!”

“The Key, The Secret” begins to play and after a few seconds of the song playing, Lizzie Rose sprints out on stage and in what is usually a more positive reception for Lizzie, the crowd welcomes her with jeers and Lizzie puts on a brave face and dances her way down to the ring with her North American championship resting snuggly around her waist.

Katie Lynn-Goldsmith: “Introducing first, from Brooklyn, New York and weighing in at 99 lb, she is the current FWA North American Champion…”The Rave”...Lizzie Rose!”

Anzu Kurosawa: “An unusual crowd response for Lizzie Rose who is used to being welcomed by cheers.”

Rod Sterling: “That would have a lot to do with the man that she’s about to square off with, Anzu.”

“Heights Above” hits and the crowd roars to life as Phillip A. Jackson walks out on stage, and he wastes no time hamming it up for the crowd. Jackson plays up for his home country as they welcome him home.

Katie Lynn-Goldsmith: “Introducing her opponent, from Bristol, England!”

That gets more louds cheers from the crowd as Jackson continues to hype up the crowd while making his way down to the ring.

Katie Lynn-Goldsmith: “Weighing in at 235 lb, he is the current FWA Television Champion…”The Cleanser”...Phillip A. Jackson!”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Well, I think it’s obvious who the crowd favors in this match!”

Rod Sterling: “You think so?”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Lizzie Rose is probably a bundle of nerves right now but she’s doing a bang up job of hiding it!”

Rod Sterling: “She can’t let this phase her or else that will be her downfall!”

Jackson is in the ring but he’s still playing up to the crowd and he even raises his newly won TV Championship high up in the air to even louder cheers.

Anzu Kurosawa: “PAJ’s homecoming tonight and him being a champion is just the icing on the cake!”

Rod Sterling: “Are we even sure that he should be champion right now? I mean, you heard what Shawn Summers was saying earlier, he did make some pretty valid points.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “I still can’t believe you bought into that nonsense from Summers!”

Rod Sterling: “Believe or don’t believe him, but you have to think that he’ll be keeping a close eye on this match.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “As well as Vampyra, who earned her opportunity to challenge PAJ for the TV Championship in a future match.”

Both competitors hand off their titles to referee Richard Davis and Davis hands them off to the ringside area before calling for the bell.

SECOND MATCH - 1/30.
Lizzie Rose vs. Phillip A. Jackson.

Singles Match - F1 Climaxxx (Pool B).

Match Writer: Jimmy.

Rose springs from her corner and charges towards Jackson knocking him back into the corner with a shoulder tackle! Rose gives it her all as she pummels Jackson in the corner while the crowd showers her with boos, but she does her best to ignore that as she backs up and she goes for a running splash but Jackson moves out of the way and all Lizzie meets is a turnbuckle to the chest that sends her stumbling back after she bounces off of it and Jackson takes her down with an arm drag! Jackson follows up with a few more arm drags before wrenching back on Rose’s arm while she reaches out to the nearest rope for a break. Jackson drags Rose up to a vertical base and sends her off to the ropes and Jackson attempts a clothesline but Rose ducks it and comes off the opposite ropes with a springboard crossbody on Jackson and she stays on top for the pin!

One..TW-NO!

Jackson kicks out with a bit of authority as it sends Lizzie back a few feet away. Jackson kips and catches an incoming Rose with yet another arm drag! Jackson plays up a little to the crowd while Rose kips up this time and Jackson turns around only to be met with a standing dropkick that knocks him off his feet! Jackson is back to his feet however but Rose takes him down with an arm drag of her own. Jackson is up again once more but this time he’s met with a european uppercut from Rose, and she has him reeling against the ropes now as she lays into him with more european uppercuts before sending him off to the ropes but Jackson counters and pulls Rose towards him by the wrist and takes her down with a lariat! Jackson takes Rose by the head in a front face lock and backs her into the corner and drives the back of his elbow into Rose’s head repeatedly until she’s slumped down and Jackson drives a running boot straight into Rose’s face, and then he follows up with a face wash and some stomps before dragging her away and he makes the cover…

One…TW-NO!

Rose gets a shoulder up and Jackson instinctively traps her in a side headlock, but for extra added punishment he peppers her head with more back elbow strikes!

Anzu Kurosawa: “This started off fairly evenly matched but PAJ seems to have taken control for the time being.”

Jackson brings Rose up on her feet while the headlock is still applied, and Rose does her best to fight out of with several back elbows to the midsection but Jackson blocks them and strikes the back of her head with a forearm smash and follows up with a bridging german suplex!

One…two…NO!

Lizzie stays alive with a kick-out! Rose rolls to her side after kicking out while Jackson postures for the crowd some more, and the fans respond with more cheers and chants.

“OOOOOOH PHILLIP A JACKSON! OOOOOOH PHILLIP A JACKSON!”

The London fans chant to the tune of “Seven Nation Army” and Jackson has a wide grin on his face in response to the cheers.

Rod Sterling: “I get that he’s happy to be back but PAJ is wasting far too much time, I’m afraid.”

Anzu Kurosawa: “Yeah, all of this posturing and playing along with the fans has given Lizzie ample time for recovery.”

Jackson returns his attention back to Rose, who has risen up and is leant up against the ropes, and Jackson grips her in a rear waist lock and goes for another german suplex only for Rose to flip out of it and out of nowhere she hits the Brooklyn Flash! Just like that, the crowd goes silent and Rose jumps on top of Jackson for the pin!

One…two…NO!

Anzu Kurosawa: “Lizzie nearly stole the win with her sling blade on PAJ but he somehow manages to stay alive!”

Rod Sterling: “It didn’t keep PAJ down, but it did suck some of the life out of these fans though!”

Jackson begins to slowly rise up and Rose is waiting for him as she connects with a spinning back elbow! Rose then follows up by sending Jackson off the ropes and she takes him down with a flapjack off the rebound and follows up once more with a jumping seated senton and she hooks the leg!

One…two…NO!

Jackson kicks out again with authority and Rose is launched off of him across the ring! Rose has him in her sights and she seems to be setting him up for the Goomba Stomp, but Jackson shoves her back into the ropes and he connects with the PAJle! Jackson’s patented pele kick makes contact but Rose is still barely standing as Jackson strikes with a dropkick to the knee and follows that up with an enziguri! Jackson then runs off the ropes and springboards off with a moonsault landing on top of Rose!

One…two…THR-NO!

Rose kicks out!

Jackson starts to show some signs of frustration but he does his best to shake it off and Rose is starting to rise up and Jackson is sizing her up…

Rod Sterling: “It looks like Jackson is going to dust off his old curb stomp finish, which will most definitely put away Lizzie Rose!”

Jackson does indeed go for the curb stomp but Lizzie slides out of the way in time, and she instinctively shoves Jackson forward towards the ropes and as he comes back she catches him with a roll-up!

One…two…NO!

Jackson kicks out and rolls through and he’s back on his feet, and he goes for a clothesline but Lizzie ducks and she has him where she wants him as she’s positioned for Sliced Liz as she signals for it, but before she can do anything, Jackson shoves her forward into the corner but Lizzie catches herself and leaps over an incoming Jackson and she catches him again with another roll-up!

One…two…THREE!

Winner: Lizzie Rose via pinfall at 21:50

Katie Lynn-Goldsmith: “The winner of the match, Lizzie Rose!”

Rod Sterling: “Talk about an upset! That has to be the biggest surprise so far in the tournament, and that’s just the first match in many!”

Anzu Kurosawa: "A quick look at the standings sees Lizzie, of course, head to the number one spot in the Pool B rankings given - as you mentioned - that we are only just getting started here in the F1…"

A graphic flashes up as Lizzie celebrates in the ring…

standings001.jpg

Rod Sterling: "We've got Pool A action upcoming later on, but that's it for Pool B as Meltdown is concerned, with Bryan Baxter taking on Gerald Grayson and Chris Peacock versus Cyrus Truth scheduled for Fallout…"

Anzu Kurosawa: “This crowd is definitely not pleased about the outcome!”

Rod Sterling: “That’s understatement, but can you blame them?! Lizzie Rose has fluked her way to another victory!”

Lizzie has her arm raised and quickly exits the ring and makes her way to the back to relish in her win, while PAJ remains in the ring with a deflated expression.

“I’m sorry”

Anzu Kurosawa: “PAJ has nothing to be ashamed of, that was a highly competitive match and he gave it his all.”

“I’m sorry”

He keeps saying that to the crowd as he solemnly makes his exit. The crowd show him their appreciation with clapping and cheers but he still seems upset and keeps apologising to them.

violet.png

Making her way back into the backstage area, Lizzie Rose is making her way from the ring back into the backstage area in a clearly cheerful mood having picked up the big win in the first match of the F1 Climaxxx. She’s so caught up in the euphoria of the win that she isn't quite paying attention to her surroundings as a upset and disheveled Jeremy Best bumps right into her as she turns the corner of the corridor.

Lizzie Rose: "Oh no! So sorry! My bad"

Jeremy Best: "Ahh, no! My apologies!"

Lizzie adjusts herself, realizing it was Jeremy she had bumped into.

Lizzie Rose: "Oh, hi Jeremy! Really, I'm super sorry about that. I just was pumped up from my win, didn't even notice you there."

Jeremy Best: "No, no. It's totally my fault. I was rushing by and wasn't paying attention."

Lizzie chuckles as the pair can't agree on who should be more sorry about their collision. She then realizes Jeremy seems a bit off.

Lizzie Rose: "Rushing and not paying attention? That doesn't sound like you, Jeremy. Is everything okay?"

Jeremy Best: "Oh, not exactly..."

Lizzie Rose: "Oh no! Do you want to talk about it? I can be a really good listener!"

Jeremy shows a brief smile at Lizzie's sincere offer.

Jeremy Best: "Thanks, that's a really sweet offer. But right now, I think I just need some time to myself... I'll be okay."

Lizzie Rose: "Well.. ok! But the offer stands if you change your mind!"

Jeremy nods, acknowledging the offer as Big Bryan Baxter can be seen jogging in in the background.

Bryan Baxter: "Hey! Jeremy! Wait up! Come on man, let's talk about this."

Jeremy Best: "Not right now, Bryan. I just to be alone right now."

Bryan Baxter: "C'mon dude...just give me a chance to..."

Lizzie Rose: "Dude! Did you not hear him? He said he wants to be alone right now? Give him some space."

Baxter turns his attention away from the upset Jeremy, bringing his gaze down to the much smaller Rose. The woman who just happens to be holding the North American championship that Baxter has earned a title shot for.

Bryan Baxter: "Really? Who the Hell asked you? This ain't none of your business, pip squeak."

Showing no fear of the man who is over double her size, Rose bows up.

Lizzie Rose: "Pip squeak? Really? That's the best you can do? You can remember that when this pip squeak is kicking your ass! And I don't know what's going on right now between you two, but I'm just here to be a friend for Jeremy if he needed one right now..."

Bryan shoves Lizzie backwards.

Bryan Baxter: "He already has a friend, and you're looking at him. This is none of your business."

Lizzie comes right back after the shove, going right back into Baxter's personal space.

Lizzie Rose: "Maybe that's not for you to decide?"

Bryan Baxter: "Maybe not. It's his... tell her Jeremy...."

Bryan looks for a response but hears nothing.

Bryan Baxter: "Jeremy?"

Lizzie and Bryan turn to look where Jeremy had been standing to find that he had already left.

Bryan Baxter: "Great! You ran him off! Way to go!"

Bryan rushes off, calling out for Jeremy as Lizzie is left by herself.

Lizzie Rose: "What the heck did I do?"

She shrugs her shoulders and heads off on her way, once again relishing in her victory.

violet.png

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: "The following match is scheduled for one fall with a twenty-minute time-limit!"

The grunge rock anthem of “Smells Like Teen Spirit” strums its way through the air of Hyde Park, striking an overall positive reaction from the rowdy UK crowd. After the initial intro, Sawyer Xavier makes his way out. There is a small grin on his face as he puts his hands on his hips, surveying the crowd, although he doesn’t have quite the same pep in his step, coming off a rough Television Title match in his last appearance. The winner of Brand-warfare makes his way down the ramp, looking out at the vast crowd as he heads towards the ring.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: "Introducing the participants first! From Savannah, Georgia, weighing in at 170 pounds, Sawyer Xavier!"

Rod Sterling: "Sawyer Xavier, after coming up short against the disputed former Television Champion, he is looking to find himself back in the championship hunt. His opponent, in his absence, has hit the ground running and already finds herself in the hunt for that very championship."

Anzu Kurosawa: "You want my genuine thoughts? He needs to up the aggression in this match. After his recent loss, he missed the next Meltdown and Fallout, he wasn’t on Lights Out. Vampyra seems to be dead-set on doing things he has tried to accomplish, except actually doing them! I know he’s here, trying to keep positive, but I know he is angry deep down and he needs to use it. Don’t get left behind."

Rolling into the ring, Sawyer Xavier heads towards a corner and ascends to the second turnbuckle. He flips back his air and looks out to the crowd at Hyde Park, an Autumn wind blowing through his hair from this outdoor venue. The classic song by Nirvana fades as he jumps down.

The lights around the stage dim before they start flashing a mix of purple and pink in tune with “Vampire” by Versalles to signal the arrival of Vampyra. The UK crowd, with Vampyra’s recent success, shows her a positive reaction. Smoke builds near the entrance as the masked Joshi makes her way out, coming up from the smoke. Adding to her usual predominantly purple attire is a secondary entrance mask. It has a black base with a purple trim and horns on top. Her arms are out to her side as fire shoots up in puffs on either side of her. Putting her hand up, she does a throat slashing gesture with her finger as she makes her way down the ramp, her cape flowing in the breeze behind her from the outdoor venue.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: "And his opponent, representing MAYHEM’s YOKAI Death Squad, from Osaka, Japan, she is the Dark Huntress, the YOKAI Queen, this is Vampyra!"

Rod Sterling: "She has a championship match already secured in the future against Phillip A. Jackson for the Television title, pending Summers’ legal action. Some say she has hit the ground running, but we have only had a taste of what Vampyra can do."

Anzu Kurosawa: "We’ve been excited to see her, but I’m curious to see if she will really match the promise we have seen from her. It’s one thing to beat up the Backstreet Boy. It’s another to win a chaotic multi-man match with four winners, but she is in a one on one match with someone who has fought for gold in FWA before. If there is any indication that she can beat a Grand Slam Champion like PAJ, or Shawn Summers, she needs to show it tonight."

At the end of the ramp, Vampyra reaches forward for the camera and grabs it with her hand as if someone was holding someone’s chin. She motions for the lens to come closer before she does a throat slash and she spins the camera around, walking around the ringside area. Unclipping her cape, she slides onto the apron and stands up. Undoing her entrance mask, she places it on the apron before turning upside down like a bat. Looking in the ring, we see Sawyer raise an eyebrow at Vampyra’s… unique display before the Joshi swings into the ring. Grabbing her mask, she ascends to the second turnbuckle and holds her mask up, doing an “M'' hand gesture with her free hand. Jumping down, Vampyra calmly leans in her corner, placing her entrance mask on the apron as her theme music fades.

The match official does a quick check on each of them for weapons before turning to the ringside area and motioning to ring the bell.

THIRD MATCH - 1/20.
Sawyer Xavier vs. Vampyra.

Singles Match.

Match Writer: Tiger Princess.

Sawyer Xavier takes a cautious step forward, likely a bit on edge with a new opponent and not having a match for several weeks. Vampyra shows a smirk under her mask, confident in this encounter. The two wrestlers do a collar and elbow tie up with Sawyer overpowering her instantly to transition into an armbar, one of the few opponents he has the strength advantage over. He wrenches the arm but the YOKAI Queen just keeps a confident grin on her face and flips herself over to loosen Xavier’s grip and transitions into an arm drag! Sawyer rolls through and quickly takes a run, but Vampyra goes low, tripping him back into a schoolgirl pin, lying on top of both legs and putting her entire weight into it.

One… T-

And Sawyer Xavier scrambles to get his shoulder up!

Rod Sterling: "Quick pin by the number one contender to the Television Championship!"

Sawyer Xavier scrambles to his feet but Vampyra rushes in and does a knee lift, catching him under the chin! Sawyer falls back into the corner ropes and the Joshi grabs him by the wrist and Irish whips him across the ring. She leap frogs Sawyer on the rebound then quickly darts towards the ropes on the side. Meeting him in the middle of the ring she does a headscissors and takes him down to the mat! The momentum forces Sawyer near the corner. The speedy Vampyra lunches forward and hits a double knee to his face in the corner! Hitting with a thud in the corner Sawyer Xavier struggles to keep standing. Taking a moment to breathe, Vampyra lifts her foot up and presses it hard against the chin of Xavier, pressing with force and trying to choke him in the corner. She shows a devious grin as the official counts to four and she has to let off, drawing a bit more of a mixed reaction from the fans. Grabbing Sawyer again by the wrist, Vampyra twists his arm before quickly heading to the top rope. She balances as she takes a couple of steps across the top rope then leaps, hitting a hurricanrana! After impact, Vampyra goes over for the pin.

One… Tw-

And Sawyer Xavier kicks out.

Rod Sterling: "I think this match, we’re getting a bit more of Vampyra’s MO already. Sawyer Xavier is an accomplished high-flying himself, but she has seemingly out-paced him early on."

Anzu Kurosawa: "And I’m a fan of the fact that before she did a riskier move she was able to slow down a moment and just grind Sawyer into the corner like paste. I’m interested in seeing how she'll control the pace and far she’ll bend the rules as the match goes on."

Keeping Sawyer on the mat for a moment, Vampyra quickly goes for a front facelock and catches her breath for a second, pressing down on the neck of Xavier to keep him grounded. As Sawyer gets his wits about him, he begins to push up, getting to a knee and nearly to a standing position. Vampyra quickly switches grip and goes to a rear waistlock. She pulls, trying to get Sawyer up for a German Suplex. Sawyer is on his tippy-toes, but doesn’t budge as he breaks the grip of the Joshi and goes into his own rear-waist lock. He lifts Vampyra up for a German Suplex and it lands with Vampyra rolling on impact and quickly heading onto the apron!

Holding the back of her neck, Vampyra rubs it to get feeling back as Sawyer Xavier heads over. He pulls Vampyra up but his throat is pulled across the top rope! His head snaps back and he holds into the top rope, stubbed. Grabbing her opponent, Vampyra turns him so his back is to the ropes and she gets up, wrapping both her legs around his neck! She hangs upside down and begins to choke Sawyer Xavier out!

Rod Sterling: "And Vampyra is choking him in the ropes in a very unique way."

Anzu Kurosawa: "Keep it up and she may end up becoming a favourite of mine."

Vampyra crosses her arms on her chest, hanging like a bat as she has a bit of a smirk on her face. The official counts again and on four she quickly lets go, flipping so that she lands feet first on the floor. Coughing and trying to catch his breath, Sawyer Xavier goes towards the middle of the ring, trying to keep some distance between him and his cunning opponent. Sliding back onto the apron, Vampyra readies herself before she leaps off the top rope with a springboard dropkick-

And Sawyer Xavier side steps the dropkick! Vampyra crashes back first onto the mat and Sawyer runs off the ropes, hitting a shining Wizard to a seated Vampyra! He goes for the cover.

One… Tw- Nothing. Vampyra gets her shoulder up.

Rod Sterling: "Sawyer Xavier capitalizes on a mistake and he gets some offence in!"

Anzu Kurosawa:[COLOR=teal)] "What he needs to do now is try to overpower her. This is one time he may not be able to really outspeed or outpace his opponent. Grind her down and you won’t just get the win, but you’ll be back in the Television title conversation."[/COLOR]

Dragging Vampyra up off the mat, Sawyer Xavier catches her under the chin with an uppercut! The head of the Dark Huntress snaps back and the winner of Brand Warfare quickly kicks her across the chest! Then a second kick across the chest! He spins around with a heel kick to the abdomen of Vampyra then follows with a spinning backfist! Vampyra goes into the ropes and Xavier slaps her across the face with an open palm strike! A loud slap is heard and some of the audience members wince…

And Vampyra slowly turns, showing a wicked grin. Sawyer Xavier blinks and the audience, surprised, begin a chant.

“Vampyra’s gonna bite you! Vampyra’s gonna bite you!”

Rod Sterling: "…Sawyer Xavier laid in multiple hard kicks and strikes and Vampyra just grinned them off."

Anzu Kurosawa: "And those aren’t light kicks might I add- And what’s with the United Kingdom and their chants?"

Sawyer Xavier throws a forearm forward, but the masked wrestler blocks it and she returns with multiple of her own! The fans continue to chant as Vampyra gets Xavier down to a knee and repeatedly kicks him in the chest with a loud thud each time! Backing up, Vampyra licks her chops and readies for a big roundhouse to the head… as the chant continues.

“Vampyra’s gonna bite you! Vampyra’s gonna bite you!”

Showing a smirk, Vampyra gets an idea and… she grabs Xavier by the head and bites his forehead to cheers from the fans!

Rod Sterling: "Okay, that’s more than enough, Vampyra!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "Are we SURE she’s not a real Vampire!?"

She lets go after sinking her teeth in and the official gives her a warning. Vampyra shrugs, putting her finger on her cheek like “Oops.” Sawyer grabs his forehead, trying to check if there is blood and Vampyra creates some distance between them. She runs off the middle rope and flies through the air with a crossbody! She lands across Sawyer’s chest and goes for the cover!

ONE… TWO- And a kickout from Sawyer Xavier.

She goes behind and, with Sawyer Xavier still trying to gather himself after the pin, she is able to go to a rear waist-lock and this time she is able to somehow lift him up for a snap German Suplex! She doesn’t bridge though and instead she keeps hold and drags Xavier back to his feet. She hooks his arm before grabbing his leg and in a vicious sweep drives the back of his head into the mat with a Lightning Spiral!

Rod Sterling; "Dark Lightning Spiral!!!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "After she somehow hit the German Suplex!"

Vampyra hooks the leg and goes for an aggressive cover.

ONE… TWO… THR-

And Sawyer Xavier just manages to kick out. Vampyra sits up after the kickout, and takes a deep breath, trying to remain calm.

Rod Sterling: "Near-fall on the Lightning Spiral. I’m surprised, especially after she managed to hit the German Suplex."

Anzu Kurosawa: "Sometimes it isn’t about size in hitting a suplex like that, it is about how you pop your hips and she's been learning how to hit them like that since she was in High School. Great move but Sawyer stays in it, somehow."

Signaling for Sawyer’s end, Vampyra does a small throat slashing gesture and pulls him up. She wraps his arm around her leg and tries to grab the other arm. A big Crucifix driver, the Lunar Eclipse, is in Vampyra’s sights. She is about to jump, but Sawyer slides his arm out of Vampyra’s grip and elbows her in the gut. He blocked the Lunar Eclipse attempt for now.

Catching his breath, Sawyer tries to think of a game plan. He’s no stranger to fighting from underneath in a match, but Vampyra has been a unique challenge. Pulling her off the mat, she Irish whips her across the ring and lunges…

And Vampyra goes with a headscissors and transitions into an Octopus Stretch! Leg wrapped around his head to cut off the oxygen flow to the head, arm stretched out, she has him trapped!

Rod Sterling: "And an Octopus Stretch is locked in! We haven’t been able to see too much her submission game yet, but here we go!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "And the Octopus Stretch is probably a more extreme version of an abdominal stretch. Unlike the Abdominal Stretch, it can be effective against anyone at any size and someone as agile as Vampyra can find many ways to lock it in!"

Members of the British Crowd cheer, shouting for Sawyer Xavier to tap out. He yelps out in pain as Vampyra pulls back the arm and squeezes his head with her calf. Sawyer’s free arm is outstretched as he reaches for the ropes. The official asks if he gives and Xavier stays in it, but he is being worn down by the YOKAI Death Squad member’s submission. He goes down to a knee as Vampyra shouts in Japanese, doing some trash talk she wouldn’t get away with in English. Slowly, Sawyer Xavier starts to get back to a vertical base but his stance is wobbling. As he moves, Vampyra’s grip begins to slip. Sawyer Xavier pushes Vampya’s leg off of his neck and he pulls her to the mat with a vicious snapmare, tugging the mask as he does!

Sawyer has to go down to a knee to catch his breath after nearly passing out from the submission. He shakes his arm as Vampyra readjusts her mask. Seeing some distance, Sawyer Xavier runs towards the ropes for a springboard-

And as his feet rough the middle rope, Vampyra drop kicks him in the back and he tumbles over the top rope to the outside!

Rod Sterling: "And Sawyer Xavier crashes and burns to the outside!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "He waited too long. The submission wore him down too much."

Crashing hard into the edge of the ring, which incidentally is the hardest part of it, Sawyer Xavier is down on a knee and holds his back. Some red is seen from the impact, likely forming a bruise there in the morning. Vampyra backs up to the opposite side of the ring and watches, measuring where he is standing. She gets to the corner and darts across the ring. Leaping over the opposite corner, she springboards to the outside with a triangle moonsault that hits the mark!

Rod Sterling: "TRIANGLE MOONSAULT! A thing of beauty!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "I think we may have found a new name to add to the conversation of the best High-flying wrestlers in FWA."

The London crowd began to chant “Holy shit!” at the dive to the outside and Vampyra stands up, catching her breath, soaking it in. This is the showcase match she was waiting for, or at least as close as she is going to get right now. She pulls Sawyer Xavier up off the floor and notices the red on his back. Further targeting it, she turns him around and drives him back first into the apron! Then she Irish whip him into the barricade, creating a loud thud as he hits! She shows her high-flying ability, now this is the bite behind Vampyra.

She backs up and nails him with a hard kick across the chest as he leans against the barricade then she backs up with a roundhouse kick to the head that drops him to a knee! She hears the official’s count get to a six so she rolls in the ring quickly to reset the count and rolls back out for another forearm to the head of Sawyer Xavier. Then, she pulls him in a front facelock…

Rod Sterling: "No. Vampyra’s going to drive him into the floor with a DDT!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "Well, if she wants to become Television Champion, removing the competition beforehand is a good thing, hahaha!"

Sensing disaster, Sawyer Xavier throws a forearm to Vampyra’s gut to help break out of the DDT and he pushes her back towards a ring post! Her shoulder barges into it and she is stunned for a moment. Sawyer Xavier is slow to react, still feeling pain from his fall on the apron, but he charges forward-

And Vampyra goes low, drop kicking him in the knee! Sawyer flies forward and collides with the ring post, leaving him in a daze! Taking a few moments to collect herself, Vampyra backs up to the barricade and notices Sawyer on his knees, turned away from her. She does a throat slash with her finger before lunging forward with both her knees driving into the back of the head of Sawyer Xavier and he crashes face first into the ring post!

Rod Sterling: "BITE INTO THE RING POST! OH SHI-"

Vampyra stumbles around the ring post and looks back, blinking. She was surprised by that result as well. The fans gasp after Sawyer’s face lands into the post. Vampyra’s gaze is broken as the official gets back to an eight count and she has to very quickly reset the count again.

Rod Sterling: "I can’t believe it! The Bite to the back of the head of Sawyer Xavier and he crashes face first into the ring post. He’s got to be done for the match."

Anzu Kurosawa: "And I’m not talking about the literal bite Vampyra did earlier. That move can put you down even in the ring. But no, just, Sawyer has had a rough enough match as it is, but he's done."

Going over to Sawyer Xavier, Vampyra slowly lifts him up, though it is mostly dead weight. The small cut in his forehead from earlier has opened up more and now we see his forehead have a red gash across it. Slowly, Vampyra rolls back in the ring as his eyes are glazed over. A small hush is over the normally loud UK crowd. Vampyra takes a few extra moments to think. She doesn’t hold back, but that was more brutal than expected.

The official checks on Sawyer Xavier and Sawyer slowly begins to get to a knee. “Don’t ring the bell,” We hear him mutter. That is enough indication for Vampyra to grab his wrist and kicks him in the head! She drags him closer towards the middle of the ring and she pulls him a vicious Triangle Choke! Sawyer Xavier flails his arm as she begins to choke him out!

Rod Sterling: "Life-Drain Triangle Choke! Just ring the bell!"

Sure enough, Vampyra adds an extra elbow or two to the crown of Sawyer’s head before securing the hold even tighter. After just a few seconds, Sawyer Xavier fades with his arm going limp. The official grabs his arm and it drops, and that is it. He rings the bell and Vampyra releases the hold.

Winner: Vampyra via Technical Submission at 6:42

The crowd, surprised at the vicious ending from Vampyra, gives a cheer, though some are made uncomfortable by aggression near the end and keep quiet.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: "And here is your winner by technical submission, Vampyra!"

Going over to Vampyra, the official raises her hand in the air as she is declared the winner. She holds up the MAYHEM “M” with her other hand.

Rod Sterling: "Sawyer Xavier, not a top tier talent yet, but he usually isn’t a slouch, but Vampyra, wow. Just, have we seen such a bend of agility and aggression?"

Anzu Kurosawa: "It’s a rare combination but she has it and I think now, after matches where she didn’t get to shine due to a lack of competition and the chaos of a multi-man, this was the most complete version of Vampyra we have seen yet and I’m impressed."

“Vampire” by Versailles continues to play as Vampyra heads to the top rope, doing a small throat slash and once again holding up her Unit’s hand gesture. The official goes down to check on Sawyer Xavier who is out of it, some more blood appearing on his forehead from before after Vampyra’s elbows. Heading down from the turnbuckle, Vampyra takes a look at Sawyer Xavier and gets an idea. She heads over to the corner where she places her entrance mask and walks over to Sawyer Xavier, putting him in a seated position.

Rod Sterling: "Hold on, what is Vampyra doing?"

Vampyra puts her entrance mask on top of Sawyer Xavier’s head, it isn’t a perfect fit, but it mostly covers his face. She tilts his head to the side so his neck is exposed. She runs her finger along his neck as if she was going to bite it and holds up the MAYHEM “M” once again, her head just hanging over Xavier’s neck.

Anzu Kurosawa: "She’s sending a message, Rod. Phillip A. Jackson, watch out. This is the woman you’ll be dealing with. "

Vampyra does a quick throat slash gesture across Sawyer’s neck before she drops him, removing her mask from his head. She rolls out of the ring as the official continues to check on Sawyer, perhaps more injured than we expected as we cut to break.

violet.png

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: "Ladies and gentlemen, the following tag team contest is scheduled for one-fall, with a twenty minute time limit… introducing first, currently residing in Seattle, Washington… 'The Crimson Ghost', Aka Yurei… and from Essex, England… 'The British Apprentice', Reagan Cole… THE SPIRIT WALKERS!!"

Rod Sterling: "And, as expected, Reagan Cole is enjoying hometown support here in London, just down the road from where he grew up and made his name… but the former FWA World Tag Team Champions will have to have their eyes on the future, not the past…"

Anzu Kurosawa: "That's right, Rod. If Aka Yurei and Reagan Cole have any ambitions of climbing back to the top of the tag team mountain here in the FWA, they'll have to start with a win here against a pair of old rivals they know very well…"

The Spirit Walkers have climbed into the ring, where they whip the crowd up on opposite turnbuckles, the British audience clearly on the side of Cole and his tag team partner. They turn towards the ramp, in time for…

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: "And their opponents… representing Executive Excellence… they are Gabrielle and Kayden Knox… they are… BAD.. REPUTATION!!"

Rod Sterling: "A less favourable reaction for Gabrielle and Knox, here, who - as you mentioned - have already clashed with the team in the ring before tonight."

Anzu Kurosawa: "Indeed, after Bad Reputation dethroned MOOT on Roughs Tower on Fallout: Rebirth, it was the Spirit Walkers who overcame the Executive Excellence pairing back at the Anniversary Show. There was bad blood back then, and I'm sure it still exists between this quarter now…"

Hyde Park continues to boo as Bad Reputation slides into the ring, the Spirit Walkers remaining in their corner, not backing down from these familiar foes. The two teams enter a brief stand off, the official coming between them and sending them back to their respective corners. He conducts his final checks, and then calls for the bell.

FOURTH MATCH - 1/20.
BAD REPUTATION (Gabrielle and Kayden Knox) vs. THE SPIRIT WALKERS (Aka Yurei and Reagan Cole).

Tag Team Match.

Match Writer: SupineSnake.

The contest starts off with Reagan Cole exchanging holds with Gabrielle, the interactions even and coming to repeated stalemates: each exchange invariably ends with a roll-up and a one count, two for each competitor, before Bad Reputation break the cycle thanks to a blind tag to Kayden Knox, who takes Cole out with a springboard clothesline after he's Irish whipped into the ropes by Gabrielle. Bad Reputation deliver a double suplex before Montgomery exits the ring, and then settle into a rhythm from there. They cut the ring in half, not allowing Cole to get the tag, and work on the British Apprentice in front of his home crowd. This part of the match is punctuated by frequent pinfall attempts, with Knox earning two counts after a snap DDT and later a swanton bomb, and Gabrielle's highlights include a Head Over Heels hurricanrana after one of many frequent tags.

After several minutes of domination from Bad Reputation, Kayden Knox has Cole in a single-leg Boston crab, and for a while it seems as though Reagan might fade away, especially after Knox drags him back into the middle of the ring and applies an STF. Cole, though, seems to feed off the energy from the crowd, and begins to drag himself towards his own corner. It's a painstaking process, with Knox wrenching hard on the hold…

Across the ring, Gabrielle comes into the ring, and the official is immediately over to make sure she remains in place on the apron… just as Reagan makes the tag to Aka! The Ghost comes into the ring and breaks up the hold, before pounding on the grounded Knox with right hands! The referee turns around to see a mounted Yurei…

Rod Sterling: "The referee didn't see the tag, Anzu! He's telling Yurei to get out of the ring!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "Aka Yurei is understandably frustrated, but she's got to keep her cool here! In comes Gabrielle whilst the referee's back is turned…"

Bad Reputation put the boots in whilst the official's back is turned, until Gaby finally retreats and allows Knox to hit a snap suplex. Cole rolls beneath the bottom rope, and Kayden knocks him off the apron with a triangle dropkick! Gabrielle is tagged in, and what follows is a lengthy period of the former world champion taking it to Cole on the outside. She uses the environment to her advantage, namely the posts, the apron, the barricade, and finally the steel ring steps, breaking up the official's count each time he nears ten. This passage culminates with Gabrielle leaping off the apron and hitting Cole with another hurricanrana. She follows up by rolling him back into the ring and earning a close two count for her troubles.

Knox is tagged back in, and he busies himself in placing Cole in a front face lock whilst Gabrielle ascends towards the top rope. Kayden looks to be going for a suplex or brainbuster, but Cole drops to a knee to block it… and then he causes some separation with a vicious European uppercut! And a second rocks Knox back into his corner, where he knocks Gabrielle off the top turnbuckle! Gaby hits the apron and rolls to the floor, as Kayden turns back towards Cole… who connects with a flapjack!

… And then he makes the tag to Aka!

Yurei leaps over the top rope before taking Knox swiftly off his feet again with a roundhouse kick! Knox, to his credit, fights back up to his feet and attempts a lariat on Yurei, who is able to duck beneath it, and then she connects with a Tiger Suplex! Aka grunts as she heaves Knox over and bridges for the pinfall attempt!

ONE… TWO… TH – NO!!

Knox is able to thrust a shoulder up, and Yurei looks to position his legs for a Texas Cloverleaf… only for Kayden to lash out with a boot to Aka's face. Knox scrambles up to his feet, but Yurei is waiting for him with a boot to the midsection… swinging neckbreaker! Aka doesn't go for the cover, though, and instead she seems intent on turning Knox over… and the Texas Cloverleaf is locked in!

Rod Sterling: "Aka Yurei has Kayden Knox all stretched out, here! That Texas Cloverleaf is locked in deep, and Knox doesn't have anywhere to go!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "The Crimson Ghost could be seconds away from securing victory for her team, with the official in close and checking on Knox… Poor Kayden is in agony!!"

Rod Sterling: "But Gabrielle out of nowhere with a spinning heel kick to the back of the head!!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "And here comes Reagan… he clotheslines Gabrielle right out of the ring!"

Reagan Cole looks on as Gabrielle climbs to her feet on the outside, and he hits the opposite set of ropes… SUICIDE DIVE! The crowd pops as Cole and Gaby sprawl on the outside, whilst inside the ring Aka Yurei lifts Kayden Knox up to his feet, readying herself for one last push. She drags her thumb across her throat, signifying that this one is over for Kayden, before turning him around with a hard forearm shot. Aka leaps up onto Knox’s shoulders, perhaps going for the poisoned frankensteiner that she calls Vengeful Strike… but Kayden holds onto her legs to resist her pulling him backwards! Yurei changes tact, instead rolling Knox up with a victory roll!

ONE… TWO… THR – NO!

Knox just about gets the shoulder up, and both competitors scramble to their feet. Yurei goes for a discus lariat, but Kayden ducks beneath it…

Rod Sterling: KNOX OUT! Kayden with a poison-rana of his own!”

Reagan Cole slides into the ring, looking to turn things back to his team’s advantage… but Gabrielle reaches beneath the bottom rope and grabs his legs, causing him to faceplant the mat! Gaby pulls Cole out, and throws him face-first into the steel ring steps! And in the ring, Kayden Knox has climbed up to the top rope, looking down at Aka, who is face-down on the mat…

Anzu Kurosawa: ”He calls that the Seventh Seal! Kayden rolls her over into a lateral press…”

Rod Sterling: “Count to a hundred!”

ONE… TWO… THREE!

Winner: Bad Reputation via pinfall at 12:15.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: "Here are your winners… Gabrielle and Kayden Knox… BAD REPUTATION!"

Rod Sterling: "An impressive win there for Gabrielle and Knox, who manage to get one over on the Spirit Walkers, who have been a proverbial thorn in their side as of late until tonight."

Anzu Kurosawa: "And where do the Spirit Walkers go from here? They lost the tag team titles to the Connection, and now they've lost their second outing in a row against a team that, as you've said, they've bested not too long ago. A frustrating loss for Aka and Reagan, I'm sure…"

The cameras cut from Gabrielle and Kayden Knox celebrating up to the ramp to The Spirit Walkers nursing their injuries inside the ring, the team, that at the beginning of the last show was on top of their game as tag champions, are now taking their second loss in a row. There is a sense of dejection in the ring as Reagan manages to bring himself up to his feet using the ropes while Aka is still resting in the corner, making almost no effort to get back up, feeling the effects of the loss still. Reagan after a moment staring off into the crowd walks over to Aka. A few words are shared between the two, none of which are caught by the microphones but what is caught by the camera is Reagan offering his teammate a hand which The Crimson Ghost reluctantly accepts, pulling herself up and almost immediately Reagan uses the opportunity to raise her arm in the air causing a big pop from the crowd in support of Aka Yurei.

Reagan Cole: "Told ya…Only the start of the journey, kid."

And as that line is caught by the microphone, Reagan steps back letting Aka have her moment when suddenly out of nowhere, Reagan is tackled! IT’S BRITISH KID! BRITISH KID IS BACK! And he appears to be continuing right where he left off at Lights Out. British Kid has his worn-out friend on the ground, striking his former tag team partner with multiple punches.

Seeing this happen to her partner for the second time in a row lights a fire inside of Aka, and she pulls British Kid off of Reagan, unleashing a flurry of kicks on the masked attacker. She has the upper hand, getting him down to a knee. A devastating buzzsaw kick to the head takes British Kid all the way down, but the frustration and anger within Aka keeps this from being enough. She lifts British Kid to a sitting position and applies the Early Grave crossface chickenwing!

This time, Reagan Cole is the one pulling his partner off of his friend, as he pries the grip of Aka Yurei away. She gets to her feet and confronts Reagan, confused as to why he stopped her from further damaging Reagan’s assailant. The two exchange more unheard words, neither one really knowing what’s going on with any of this.

SMASH!

The argument is interrupted by the breaking of a lighttube over Aka’s back, courtesy of the British Kid. Cole is fuming mad now, and looks to be finally ready to fight back against his former friend. Before he can take a step forward though, another attacker has come through the crowd and climbed to the apron, grabbing Reagan by the arm. IT’S JEFFRY MASON! The Savior of Death has also returned, and before Reagan can process what’s going on, it’s too late as his wrist has been handcuffed, leaving Reagan tethered to the turnbuckle in the corner. He takes a swing at the man who has tormented him for months now, but to no avail as Mason has already dropped to the floor, making his way to retrieve a microphone.

Jeffry Mason: "Did you miss me, Cole? No? Well, why not? After all, at least one of your friends is happy I’m here."

Mason climbs up the steps as he speaks, reaching the apron and entering through the ropes just out of reach of Reagan. Upon entering the ring, he bumps fists with British Kid over Aka’s fallen body.

Jeffry Mason: "Reagan, I know you’re probably pretty confused right now with this whole situation. Why am I back here? Why did your friend disappear? Why does he suddenly hate you? What exactly was in that lighttube at Back in Business? And I’m sure a million other questions spinning around your little mind right now. And I’ve got the answers to all of them. Hell, I may even give you a few here tonight. But I believe we have something to take care of first."

Jeffry turns his gaze toward Aka Yurei, slowly starting to get to her feet. Without hesitation, British Kid knows what to do and plants his knee into her back, forcing her to the ground once more. Mason motions to the outside, and BK rolls to the floor and lifts the apron. He retrieves a cinder block and slides it into the ring, before rolling back in himself. He sits on Aka’s back and applies a camel clutch, facing her in the direction of Reagan in the corner, who can do nothing but watch helplessly. The two reach for each other, but this is more of a supportive gesture than an attempt with any hope of successful escape.

Jeffry Mason: "Don’t act like you suddenly give a fuck about either of them, Reagan. All you’ve ever done your entire career is make fake friends and use them as stepping stones to your own success. You can’t name one person who you’ve given to more than you’ve taken from. Where’s Luis Ovaldinho now, huh Cole? I guarantee not a single person in this building even knows who that is. Because you left him in the dust the minute your solo career started to take off. What about all the partners you sat idly by and watched get taken out by Deathswitch Initiative? I guess they were doing you a favor by taking out some of your competition for you, right? Or most importantly, the partner and friend who stood by you for over a decade? How many times did you try to get him booked since you’ve been in FWA, Reagan? ZERO!"

Jeffry gets inches away from Reagan’s face now. Reagan has some words for Mason away from the mic, but he knows getting physical will do neither him nor Aka any good.

Jeffry Mason: "Face it, Cole, you can tell yourself I’m the selfish prick in all of this all you want, but at the end of the day you know DAMN WELL that you’re a liar. You have made a career out of using your supposed friends to make sure that you’re the one in the spotlight at the end of the day. Me? I know my time is getting close to the end. It has been for quite some time now, and you’re not that far behind. The difference, though, is what we’ve done for others. Who was it that took Kelsey Taylor under his wing until he made her take the opportunity, letting her take the title right from him once she was ready? Or who was it that came here to FWA and gave you one of the most talked about matches, not just of Back in Business weekend, but of your entire pathetic career?"

Jeffry smirks and looks toward British Kid, then back at Reagan.

Jeffry Mason: "And who was it that’s been training every day since Back in Business with that kid, NO, that MAN right there? Who is the one that’s been pushing to his absolute limits to be the best that he can be instead of just being in your shadow? Who’s the one who’s entered him into Ground Zero? Because it sure as fuck wasn’t you!"

Jeffry returns to the center of the ring, standing up the cinder block in the center and taking a seat on it.

Jeffry Mason: "I’ll tell you why, Reagan. It’s because you’re a coward. You’re afraid that if he competes in Ground Zero, he’ll win the whole damn thing and do what you couldn’t do. Afraid that once he makes it to the FWA, that he’ll shine brighter than you ever have! Well, guess what, motherfucker, the two of us are here to help make that nightmare come true for you. It’s time to shine that spotlight on this man right here. The future of FWA. And the future, of deathmatch wrestling. Show him why you finally deserve the spotlight."

Jeffry rises from the cinder block and steps back. British Kid finally releases the camel clutch and drags the battered Aka Yurei to her feet. Reagan shouts for his friend to stop, but it’s no use. British Kid grabs Aka in a front facelock, then jumps into the air and comes crashing down with his Lightning Bolt DDT, head first onto the cinder block! Mason stands triumphantly over the unmoving body of Aka, as British Kid stands and faces him, putting the top of his head onto Mason’s chest. Jeffry begins untying the laces on the back of British Kid’s mask, loosening it enough to take it off and hands it to him.

Underneath the mask is an almost identical mask, except with the red, white, and blue of the Union Jack pattern being replaced by black and white. Mason pats him on the back before giving him the mic.

British Kid: "British Kid is dead-o. For so long now, he has been nothing but a joke to all of you people, and especially to you, Reagan. But now that Father Mason has shown me a glimpse of my true potential, I am no longer just the goofy, energetic sidekick. No more will I stand in your shadow. And no. More. O’s! From this moment on, I shall simply be known, as TYLER."

TYLER tosses the mask toward Reagan Cole, landing right at his feet, which gathers a large chorus of boos from the British crowd. He hands the mic back to Jeffry. Mason takes his hand and wipes some of the blood off of Aka’s back and walks toward Reagan, who is frozen with the numerous emotions after everything he has been forced to witness. He smears the blood across Cole’s cheek, Reagan not even flinching as he stares at Aka with almost a soulless look in his eyes as Jeffry begins talking in a low, somber tone.

Jeffry Mason: "This blood, Reagan, is on your hands. You’re the one responsible, not me, and not TYLER. The choice is yours, Cole. Step away from the spotlight you crave more than anything and start atoning for your selfish sins. Or continue down the path to becoming the monster you’ve always thought that I was. Either way, I suggest you either help or stay out of the way, because pretty soon you’re gonna be all out of friends to lose."

Mason drops the microphone and smiles, then goes to exit the ring. TYLER sits on the middle rope and holds it open for Mason, staring a blank stare the entire time over at the sullen Cole. Mason leaves the ring, and after a brief final gaze toward his former friend, TYLER follows him and the duo leave up the ramp, finally allowing the paramedics to enter the ring and tend to Aka Yurei.

violet.png

Returning to ringside, there is no referee or ring announcer waiting in the ring at present and the fans are left literally out in the cold as they wait for what is coming next on Meltdown XXI.

Rod Sterling: "Well, we’re scheduled to be getting back into the action here on Meltdown, Anzu, but it seems like that we’re not quite ready yet?"

Anzu Kurosawa: "Well, we’ve had some rumblings that things are slightly hectic backstage but we’re supposed to be seeing Tommy Bedlam in action against the FWA World Champion, Danny Toner, in a Pool A match of the F1 Climaxxx."

There is some confusion from the crowd as Fallout play-by-play commentator and Executive Excellence sympathiser Jean-Luc Watkins emerges from the back. The reaction towards JLW is split, with some fans showing their gratitude towards their countryman but others jeering him due to his affiliations and general smarminess.

Anzu Kurosawa: "I don’t think we were expecting to see Jean-Luc Watkins here tonight, Rod. Is he going to be joining us for the next match here at the commentary table?"

Interestingly though, Watkins walks up the steps instead of making his way over towards Rod and Anzu. He is carrying a black knapsack in his hand and he handles it with care as he enters the ring. Once in the ring, he collects a microphone from someone through the ropes and then waits patiently for his music to cut out.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Ladies, gentlemen and wrestling fans alike, it is great to be here in London tonight and speaking in front of you, although I wish for me that it was under better circumstances. I have been entrusted by FWA management to deliver some extremely regrettable news."

There is some confusion and some concern among the fans and they speak between themselves until Watkins puffs his cheeks out and prepares to speak once again.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "As you are all aware and as I confidently predicted, Danny Toner successfully defended the FWA World Championship against Alyster Black in the main event of Lights Out in New Orleans three weeks ago. However, I regret to inform you all that during that match, Danny Toner sustained an injury and as a result he will not be able to compete tonight in his scheduled match against Tommy Bedlam. I apologise."

A mixed reaction from the crowd, as despite his attitudes and actions as of the last few months, they did want to see the FWA World Champion in action.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "This injury will also rule Danny out of the remainder of the F1 Climaxxx tournament and therefore he will be replaced in each of his matches going forward. To allow sufficient preparation time, tonight’s scheduled match will be taking place this Saturday on Fallout with Tommy Bedlam facing Danny’s replacement, Vampyra."

The fans show their approval for that, although Watkins is not enthused about the news in the slightest. He looks down at the ground and then addresses the camera in the ring.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Unfortunately, that is not all. FWA management have made the decision that due to this injury, Danny Toner is not able to fulfil his duties as the FWA World Champion so have made the decision to vacate the FWA World Championship."

There are gasps from the crowd and picked up over the headsets of the commentators as Watkins opens the black sack and pulls out the now-vacated FWA World Championship.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "However, it is the plan for the FWA World Championship to not remain vacant for very long. This is because on Meltdown XXII in Rotterdam, the FWA World Championship will be awarded to the winner of an over-the-top-rope Battle Royal! Anyone on the FWA roster - and even those not - is eligible to enter, and-"

There is a BIG reaction from the crowd, again mixed, and after a few seconds Chris Peacock walks out onto the stage! Peacock has a serious look etched on his face and he has a Singapore cane slung over his right shoulder and his left hand holds onto the Golden Opportunity briefcase that he won at Lights Out. Most intriguing though - Peacock is not alone. Referee Larry Stevens is a few paces behind him, and he walks towards the ring with some urgency.

Rod Sterling: "That’s a lot to take in as revealed by Jean-Luc Watkins, Anzu. Danny Toner is injured… out of the Climaxxx and no longer FWA World Champion. Now, what does Chris Peacock want?"

Anzu Kurosawa: "Well he’s got that Golden Opportunity briefcase, Rod! That entitles him to a shot at the FWA World Championship at any time of his choosing, and with Larry Stevens out here with him - is he looking to cash in right now on the vacant belt?"

Peacock enters the ring and JLW motions for the music to be cut and immediately steps forward towards Peacock, not waiting for either him or Stevens to get settled in the ring.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "This is just typical, grand even. You’ve been scared of Danny Toner ever since you got here and now he’s gone, here you are. Well done, Chris, it’s yours. You really earned it."

Watkins offers the championship to Peacock, but Chris simply looks down at it and does not react.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "What are you waiting for, champ? This is what you’ve wanted this entire time, isn’t it? This is honestly the most you thing that I can possibly fathom, Peacock. You’re a fake, and you know that this is the ONLY way that you’ll EVER get to hold this title, so enjoy it! You’re a vulture, and a coward!"

It is impassioned stuff from Watkins, who is becoming agitated by the lack of response from the Golden Opportunity winner. Peacock looks around the assembled crowd and then back to Watkins, still without saying or doing anything.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "I’d ask you who you think you are, but I already know everything I need to know about you, Peacock. I’ve had the displeasure of watching you attempt to define yourself as a main event competitor for over a year now, but complain when things are too hard for you. You’re the guy that didn’t show up for work for two months because you didn’t like it. You’re the one who has taken the easy way out at every available opportunity! One iota of actual success has gone straight to your head. You’d rather pick a fight with a commentator or a singer than compete at the top level where you know that you’ll be outmatched at every turn. You’re not good enough to win this title properly. I know it, all of these people know it and YOU know it, Peacock!"

Watkins sticks his finger just centimetres from Peacock’s face, but flinches slightly when Peacock reaches forward and snatches the microphone out of his hand. Peacock remains stone faced - as he did throughout that entire tirade - and looks around the crowd and then back to JLW. Peacock passes the briefcase to Stevens, who holds it in front of him.

Chris Peacock: "Are you done, Jean-Luc? You got all of that out? If so, shut the hell up for once in your life and maybe this time I won’t introduce you to my cane."

Peacock motions towards the cane over his shoulder with his head and Watkins gulps, having been on the receiving end of such an attack more than once in the past.

Chris Peacock: "I touched down in London yesterday morning with the full intention of arriving with that briefcase and leaving with the FWA World Championship. I was going to become the FWA World Champion tonight, Watkins. I wasn’t booked for a match, interview or anything. I came to Hyde Park to cash in on Danny Toner - before OR after his match with Tommy Bedlam - and leave London as the FWA World Champion."

The crowd waits in suspense as Peacock takes a moment and nods his head, affirmingly.

Chris Peacock: "Now though? I don’t even have to beat Danny Toner to become the champion. All I’ve got to do is give Larry here the signal and just like that, I’ve got everything that I’ve worked for these last two years."

Peacock snaps his fingers and the worry on Jean-Luc’s face increases as it becomes clear where Peacock is going with this.

Chris Peacock: "You’re wrong about me, Jean-Luc. I don’t take the easy way out. I never have, and I never will. I’ve fought for everything that I’ve got here in the FWA. Everything that I’ve achieved so far, is because I earned it. I didn’t beat Danny Toner for the Gauntlet Championship by accident, I didn’t become a two-time X Champion by accident, I didn’t last OVER AN HOUR in two Carnal Contenderships by accident, Jean-Luc! I didn’t win this briefcase at Lights Out by accident, either. I outlasted six of the best competitors in the world and I won. No one helped me do it."

Peacock takes a step closer to Watkins, who tries backing away slightly.

Chris Peacock: "I’ve had my ass handed to me by the Nephews, by Toner and countless others. I’ve never had it easy here. I was treated like a JOKE by some people here, and some still do, despite everything that I’ve done here. So don’t tell me that you know me, because unlike you who has had EVERYTHING handed to them on a silver platter, I’ve had to fight for every single thing I’ve ever had in the company!

I’ve never had it easy. I’ve never taken the easy way out, and I’m not going to start now. So, no. I’m not cashing in tonight. I’m not taking the easy way out. People might think I’m stupid for passing up something like this, but it’s not me. Anyone who thinks it is… doesn’t know the first thing about Chris Peacock.

I won’t be cashing in tonight, but I will be in that Battle Royal. I will outlast ten, twenty, thirty - it doesn’t matter how many - people until I am the last one standing. I will be the next FWA World Champion.”

Peacock stares aggressively into JLW’s eyes and Watkins steps away from him, leaving Peacock to turn to the camera that is also in the ring.

Chris Peacock: "Danny, I know you’re watching. I just want to tell you that I’m sorry. It shouldn’t have ended like this.

Despite everything that has happened between us, I just want you to know that I wish you the best and I do hope to see you back here, where you belong, as soon as possible. Like you or hate you, this place is better with you here.

So from me, the guys in the back and from all of these fans - regardless of how they feel about either of us - we love you.

You’re not alone in this."

The fans cheer the sentiments from Peacock, and his music starts playing again and he throws the microphone up into the air before retrieving his briefcase from Stevens and glancing at Watkins one more time before leaving.

Rod Sterling: "Chris Peacock is going to do things the hard way and he is the first to declare himself in the Battle Royal that we now know will be taking place on Meltdown XXII in two weeks’ time! Up next tonight though, it is time for the MAIN EVENT!"

violet.png

Rod Sterling: "It's time, ladies and gentlemen, for your main event of the evening!"

Gerald Grayson walks out onto the stage to a pop from the London audience. He spends a moment on the stage alone, walking to opposite sides of the audience to whip them up further still. Eventually, Michelle emerges through the curtain too, and stifles a stumble as she catches up with Gerald at the top of the ramp. The two begin to walk down the ramp, but it appears that Dreamer needs the Daredevil's help and support to get down the ramp still upright. As a different camera shows them closer up, we see an anxious Gerald walking next to a pretty out of it Michelle…

Rod Sterling: "Here come the Connection ahead of their first tag team title defense, and… well, Michelle looks like she's maybe had better days. Not exactly sure on the cause of that…"

Anzu Kurosawa: "I'm sure I could guess…"

Rod Sterling: "Well, regardless of the route cause, Michelle and Gerald face an interesting task tonight for two reasons: firstly, because they're both booked in their first F1 match in 48 hours in Copenhagen, and secondly because they have no idea who one of their opponents will be…"

Anzu Kurosawa: "Could be a recipe for disaster, Rod. Don't forget that Michelle's last title reign ended in her first defense… she'll be hoping that history doesn't repeat itself."

Rod Sterling: "As will Gerald, I'm sure…"

The Connection have both entered the ring, after the camera picks up MvH having some trouble rolling under the bottom rope. Gerald goes to the second rope to whip up the fans into further frenzy, and Michelle - who should be enjoying the European favour right now, but isn't cognizant enough to do that - takes a seat in the corner with her head against the turnbuckle, and promptly closes her eyes.

We cut to Gorilla position (named after Gorilla Grayson, legend of the Carolina regionals of the 1920s), where Andersen Vega looks slightly frantic. He is noticeably alone, Cochise still playing in the arena and coming through the walls in muffled fashion.

Andersen Vega: "Hey, hey you! You wanna earn an extra thousand dollars tonight?"

???: "Sure…"

Andersen Vega: "Okay, let's go "

Vega grabs the extra and throws him through, the curtain, and we see a flash of red and blue before the figure falls out of sight. We cut to the arena –

We zoom into the curtain as Spooderman falls face-first into the stage. His mask falls off, and he scurries about trying to put it on, which he finally manages to do as Andersen Vega appears behind him on the stage.

Rod Sterling: "Well, we already knew that Andersen Vega would be one of the challengers for the tag title here, owing to him snagging a prize during the Secular Spooktacular match… but his partner is something of a surprise."

Anzu Kurosawa: "It would have been a surprise regardless of who joined Vega tonight, but… Spooderman?! I guess from what we saw at Gorilla position Andersen may have had some trouble finding himself a partner for tonight."

Vega slides into the ring as Spooderman climbs up the steps. The camera shows Grayson, who has a look on his face as if he's questioning whether this is a joke, whilst behind him in the corner Michelle has fallen asleep against the bottom turnbuckle.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith is in the ring, ready for the announcements…

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: "Ladies and gentlemen, the following tag team contest is your Meltdown main event, scheduled for one-fall and with a sixty minute time limit. Introducing first, the challengers: Andersen Vega and Spooderman!"

There's a tepid reaction for the challenger, with the fans (rather understandably) expecting something more…

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: "And their opponents… represent Cthulhu's Nephews… they are the current, reigning, defending FWA Tag Team Champions of the World… from Rotterdam, the Netherlands, Michelle von Horrowitz… and from Raleigh, North Carolina… this is The Connection!!!"

A big ovation for the champions as Gerald rouses Michelle, who grumpily gets to her feet and loosens up in the corner. Across the ring, Spooderman gets onto the apron whilst there is some debate about who is going to start things off for the champions, even as the bell rings to signify the start of the match.

FIFTH MATCH - 1/60.
THE CONNECTION (Gerald Grayson and Michelle von Horrowitz) (c) vs. Andersen Vega and ????.

Tag Team Match for the FWA World Tag Team Championships.

Match Writer: SS.

Michelle stumbles out of her corner towards Vega, but instantly she begins to hold her head, as if there's something rattling around inside of it. She holds a finger up to Andersen as if he needs to give her a minute before promptly rolling under the bottom rope. She is on her haunches for a moment, the headache clearly overwhelming her…

Rod Sterling: "I'm not sure why MvH didn't just let Grayson start this one off… she's clearly in no condition to be wrestling tonight!"

Dreamer looks up at the barricade, where a fan on the front row is holding his beer out towards her. She gives the fan a thumbs up and takes the pint of what looks like lager from him, downing it in one, and then rolling back into the ring…

… where, once up to her feet, she immediately begins to sway from side to side. Her guard is up, but she is on unsteady legs, stumbling slightly and swaying lots. She wills Vega on, her guard still up in this strange but oddly familiar fighting stance.

Andersen shrugs his shoulders and charges at Michelle, looking for a clothesline… which Dreamer avoids with a matrix evasion! She stands up to her feet as Vega goes for a series of right hands, some to the body and some to the head, but all of which Michelle is able to evade! Vega goes for a kick to the side, but Dreamer catches the leg, and hits a dragon screw leg whip!!

Anzu Kurosawa: "Michelle might be out of it, and dead on her feet, but the reflexes are kicking in! Listen to this crowd!!"

'DRUN-KEN MAS-TER!'

*clap clap clap clap clap*

'DRUN-KEN MAS-TER!'

Vega thuds the mat in frustration, but then gets up to his feet and comes at Michelle with a flurry of rights and lefts… but the champion evades each and every one of them, bobbing and weaving as if she's channeling some sort of sixth sense to know what Vega is planning to throw next. Eventually, after Andersen seems to wear himself out throwing punches that don't land, Michelle hits a thumb to the eye! Vega stumbles back to the ropes, and MvH clotheslines him over the top one!

The drunken master stumbles a little, but - after Andersen has managed to find his way to his feet - springboards up to the top rope…

Anzu Kurosawa: "Shooting star press attempt from Michelle… but Andersen Vega simply sidesteps it!!"

Rod Sterling: "What nonchalance from Vega!! Michelle crashes and burns!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "A little overzealous, maybe…"

Vega has a little smirk and a shrug, but the audience don't like it. They drown him in boos as he hoists Michelle up and throws her beneath the bottom rope. He follows her in, noticing that she's almost back to her feet, and looks to run through her with another clothesline… but MvH ducks it and connects with a step-up enziguri! Both competitors fall to the mat, von Horrowitz still clutching her ribs after the heavy landing on the outside. She begins to crawl towards her corner as Vega does exactly the same thing, both competitors making the tag…

Grayson comes into the ring and takes out Spooderman with a slingblade… and then a standing dropkick! Spooder is slower to his feet this time, and GG rolls under the bottom rope onto the apron, before springboarding up to the top rope and taking Spooder out with a cross-body!

Rod Sterling: "There's the Anything Springboard!"

Anzu Kurosawa: "Not sure we'll be seeing the Everything Springboard tonight… that level of coordination may be beyond the champions."

Rod Sterling: "But Grayson looks confident enough he can do it all alone… he's back on the apron, waiting patiently for Spooderman to rise…"

Anzu Kurosawa: "Extreme Impact!! He takes his head off with the clothesline!"

Rod Sterling: "And a dropkick from GG sends Andersen tumbling off the apron! Gerald covers Spooderman…"

ONE… TWO… THREE!!

Winner: The Connection via pin-fall at 6:12.

Gerald is in the ring, where the official goes to lift his hand in victory. Michelle charges into the centre of the ring, though, offering her own wrist and demanding that the referee crowns both of the winners. The man in black and white acquiesces, though there is maybe some frustration in the eyes of Gerald.

Katie-Lynn Goldsmith: "Here are your winners, and STILL the FWA World Tag Team Champions… The Connection!"

MvH hands Gerald his belt, which she has collected from the timekeeper, before also demanding a microphone from Goldsmith. Gerald has a bemused look on his face as he watches MvH lift the microphone to her lips. It's quite clear that Grayson hadn't expected her to say anything at all.

MvH: "Easy, tulips! Piece of God-damn cake!"

Michelle has a smile on her face, and the crowd responds by launching into an 'MvH' chant. Dreamer takes a deep bow for her adoring fans and then, as they get louder and louder, climbs up to the second turnbuckle and hoists her belt above her head, breathing it all.

Gerald, meanwhile, has a nonplussed look about him, standing with his hands on his hips and shaking his head slightly.

Eventually, MvH hops back into the ring, and continues to talk.

MvH: "Gerald and I want proper challengers, don't we, Gerald? I am aware, though that proper challengers are hard to come by in a division where, well… no TxR… no Gang Stars… no Golden Rock… hell, even MOOT, the New Breed, the Stocke Market… all gone. And what is left behind… well, it leaves a lot to be desired, tulips."

She shakes her head wistfully, as if the thought of these subpar challengers are painful to her.

MvH: "Wrestling these remnants of a division, one after the other, week after week… that's not going to do it for me. And I even heard from Russnow that there's no Mile High this year. But just because there's no Mile High… doesn't mean there can't be a Mile High Massacre!"

The crowd pops for this line, but Gerald is looking more and more glum by the second as his partner's trajectory becomes clearer.

MvH: "This is meant to be my historic reign, tulips! You don't make history with newcomer troglodytes and comic book cosplayers… you make history by being bold! By showing courage! So on Fallout 024… I want all of you! The Coven, the Lumberjacks, the Undisputed Alliance, Bad Reputation, the Spirit Walkers… anyone that shows themselves ready, willing, and able to walk into a steel cage with Dreamer and the Daredevil!!!"

The 'MvH' chant goes on, and she drops the microphone as if satisfied and leaves the ring. She begins to stagger back up the ramp.

Anzu Kurosawa: "Wow… is that official?! Tag Team Mile High Massacre #2 on Fallout 024?!”

Rod Sterling: "I'm not sure if it's official or not, Anzu, but when Michelle lays down the gauntlet she usually sees it through… only, it doesn't seem that her tag partner is on the same page."

Anzu Kurosawa: "When are they ever?!"

Indeed, Grayson is still in the ring, his hands on his hips, watching MvH retreat up the ramp. The show closes on this image.
[/color]​

Last edited by a moderator:

Rosie

Dark Side
Ah yes, a lovely dose of murder on this show.

And shucks, I'm in the F1 AND the World title is held vacant? Like damn. Tig, get well soon, much love and respect.

Last edited:

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Thank you for all of the contributions to this show, some really good segments done here.

We had to think on our feet a bit about what to do with the world title, and the battle royal was the fairest option. When the previews for the next cycle go up we will outline how entry works for that match. But anyone is eligible to enter with prior notification to the mod team.

Our thoughts are with Tig at the moment in what is a difficult time for him. We’re all here for you mate if you need to talk, much love to you, brother <3

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Great show to all involved, and congrats to all of the winners.

I wish you all the best Tiggy, stay strong my friend.

ETE

This was a surprisingly big show, alot happened.

The unstoppable Vacant has come to the FWA and claimed the World Title.

SupineSnake

FREE PALESTINE
Summers highlight in opening segments was good. Interesting developments between Summers and Russnow. Uncle Ru what a character. Hope we get a lot of Summers v FWA stuff and would like to see it lead to him working with PAJ or Vamp or both leading to the PPV.

Reveal of Jeremy Baxter letter drama coming on live TV instead of a promo was shocking. Jeremy's niceness doesn't stretch to forgiveness. I hope he learns the world is a cold dark place and come back like Kayden Knox. Good segs throughout this from Dubb with the fun Lizzie stuff to lead to NA match later on.

Very good Lizzie match by Jimmy to follow. Probably the best match on the show in terms of the actual write-up. Definitely this or the next one. Fun segment with Baxter, Best, and Lizzie. Interesting dynamic being set up for the NA match which isn't just your standard pro-wrestling animosity.

Great to see Tiger Princess write a match. Always good when a member pitches in to help with match-writing, which most do from time to time. The write-up made Sawyer look a little too strong given it's a no-show but I can see why Vampyra wanted to showcase her own character when writing the match. Vamp can be FWA's get your shit in chant.

Good win for Bad Rep even with the no-show, but the fireworks here are after the match. The return of Jeffry and his alignment with British Kid/TYLER (who should've been called Dustin De Winde tbh, although maybe that can be one of MvH's old Dutch school friends) was the blockbuster moment of this show. Sold well by Dustin, I didn't expect this at all until he mentioned it on like Tuesday. Very well kept surprise and a cracking segment.

Didn't read the next segment as I didn't want to see Mandalorian butcher the subtle nuances I've cultivated with Jean-Luc over the past five years. Looking forward to the Battle Royale - I'll announced now that 'Battle Royale Specialist', 2-0 in the match type, 100% WC Battle Royale Record holder, Michelle von Horrowitz won't be entering the match. I gotta grade it. So good luck to everyone and really hope to see some great promos for that. Please don't allow Peacock to win and hoard everything. Rooting for Cyrus or Gabrielle or Golden or someone like that to issue a fuck you to Peacock and win the thing. Love to Tig of course xxx.

Main event match of the night man Michelle is so great Gerald good too.

Last edited:

Rosie

Dark Side
Great to see Tiger Princess write a match. Always good when a member pitches in to help with match-writing, which most do from time to time. The write-up made Sawyer look a little too strong given it's a no-show but I can see why Vampyra wanted to showcase her own character when writing the match. Vamp can be FWA's get your shit in chant.

Yeah, I started writing the match as a normal somewhat competitive one a bit over a week before the deadline since I was done early. I cut some, but I guess I also hate the idea of squashing someone even if I am writing them out if there is a chance they return. XD But nah, the chant is "Vampyra's gonna bite you."

Also btw, I loved Lizzie v PAJ. Very very solid match and was nice to see the fact that PAJ was in his home country be played up to a bit.

SupineSnake

FREE PALESTINE
Yeah I get the urge to want your opponent to look halfway strong. Sort of the same in having Vega not take the pin or anything (we miss u welshy) in the main event.

MvH def. Vampyra gonna be a good one in Week 3(?).