Meanwhile: PWOutsider Radio Live March 1st + CJW Sakura Dream 2024: Katsu (c) vs Ashley Wilde

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD

StarlightKid_Taiga_Winter2022.jpg

143 days

The last time the Kitsune Warrior stepped into an FWA ring.

After an injury outside of the ring, the rising Joshi star remained out of action for any wrestling company, throwing plans for two companies into disarray, and leaving a third in question. As the year turned to 2024 and doctors gave her the all clear, Katsu has remained busy-

In her home country.

FWA has seemingly been a non-factor for her as she continues to wrestle for both her home promotion, COSMIC Joshi Wrestling, and a new company which has since become a 'sister' promotion in a way, Pro-Wrestling Kitsune. With the American based promotion landing in the land of the rising sun, her inclusion would appear to be a no-brainer. But despite appearing on promotional posters and advertisements up to the end of 2023, as the year rolled on, her signature mask was notably missing for FWA advertisements.

The only question, why?

That is what "expert" pro wrestling journalist, Shake Meltzer discussed on PWOutsider Radio Live with his co-host, Ryan Dalvarez on March 1st.

Ryan Dalvarez: “Ladies and gentlemen, we are back on PWOutsider Radio, sponsored by Undisputed Appliances for all your blender needs. We’ve discussed some apparent backstage changes for Fantasy Wrestling Alliance, but this is all going on as the company is overseas now in Japan preparing for the key events of their Japanese tour. Coming up soon is a double billing of Fight Night in the legendary Korakuen Hall and King of the Deathmatch 3. What do you think of them booking a smaller venue?”

Shake Meltzer: “Well, I-uh, think it has to do with the number of events going on in Japan. It is about Sakura season there so there’s a lot of tourists, events, acts in and out of wrestling trying to capitalise on the increase in tourists. So I think they went with a more- uh, smaller venue to try not to compete. The sale numbers were not what they expected as well. But to spin it into a positive, I also know that some wrestlers in the company have expressed excitement competing in Korakuen since it is one of those bucket-list venues. But that’s just what my sources say. Then of course, King of the Deathmatch always is in unique venues so expect those two shows to have a different feel in comparison to the average FWA show.”

Ryan Dalvarez: “There we’ll see the Television title defended between Stiener and Gray, a trios title match, two matches with F1 implications, and a tag team title main event. We know that Xavien Marshall due to a legitimate injury, not storyline, that match has changed. But what I sort of want to get involved in is an omission from these shows. Home-country star, Katsu.”

Shake Meltzer: “Well she was hurt last year.”

Ryan Dalvarez: “Yeah, but she was healed by the new year, and in fact she has competed in several high profile matches since coming back. There was the Worlds Unite main event for PWK, her defeating Yuna Funanori in a match you rated… I believe, four stars?

Shake Meltzer: “Four and a Quarter.”

Ryan Dalvarez: “And then fought Queen Yoshida to win CJW’s Intergalactic COSMIC Championship. Their second biggest prize.”

Shake Meltzer: “Four and three quarter stars.”

Ryan Dalvarez: “Three quarters? Couldn’t you have given it the full five?”

Shake Meltzer: “I just feel as though it could have used a different venue, that’s all.”

Ryan Dalvarez: “Well, prior to injury, Katsu was seemingly placed in multiple high profile positions for the branding of the Japan tour, especially for the Tokyo and Osaka shows. She remained on the advertising until about mid January where they seemingly removed her, instead highlighting the returning Aka Manto.”

Shake Meltzer: “As I said, she was hurt last year and that threw a lot of plans into the loop. I think for two companies. The Trios Triple threat at the December show had to change to a two on two affair as CJW pulled the other YDS members, Cali Hayama and Ririko. Then CJW was initially going to have the match against Queen Yoshida at Galaxy Clash, their end of year show.”

Ryan Dalvarez: “But that was then and this is now. I imagine putting her on some of these shows could have maybe helped marketing a bit with some local fans potentially coming to see her. Aka Manto has filled that role somewhat and Yurei might be a sentimental favourite for King of the Deathmatch, but she also has not wrestled full time in Japan for some time.”

Shake Meltzer: “According to some of my sources for CJW, which I had to translate so take it with a grain of salt, they have some big plans for Katsu and the YOKAI Death Squad unit, led by her and Cali. Of course they put their secondary title on her.”

Ryan Dalvarez: “But not all of these shows overlap. I know the Fallout show was double booked with Katsu’s title win.”

Shake Meltzer: “But for Katsu’s CJW contract, the company has priority booking her in Japan. She’s been able to work some of the Pro-Wrestling Kitsune shows since I know there’s some overlap in management.”

Ryan Dalvarez: “So CJW and FWA would have to come to an agreement for her to appear?”

Shake Meltzer: “I uh, believe so yeah.”

Ryan Dalvarez: “And what’s the hold over?”

Shake Meltzer: “I think there might be some tension for the relationship between the two companies. I know Katsu was wrestling a lot in FWA, sort of working a double load between both singles and trios pursuits. I imagine [CJW] may blame FWA somewhat for her getting hurt?”

Ryan Dalvarez: “But didn’t Katsu get hurt out of the ring?”

Shake Meltzer: “All I do know is that CJW apparently tried to pull Cali Hayama out of the Triple Threat match but Cali requested to do it to honour her commitment. Just after she hasn’t shown interest in any return either. Any talks of anyone from YDS returning I haven’t heard much from. So now Katsu is in doubt for even appearing on an FWA show in Japan.”

Ryan Dalvarez: “And what sources told you that?”

Shake Meltzer: “It’s my hunch.”

Ryan Dalvarez: “So you’re reporting it as fact?”

Shake Meltzer: “This is wrestling journalism. Most reporting is just hunch guesses and rumours.”

Ryan Dalvarez: “Well, if you want to discuss theories, I have my own.”

Shake Meltzer: “But unfortunately it’s about time for another break. Just a reminder for fans, if you want to see Katsu in Japan. Next Friday she will be in Yoyogi National Gymnasium for Sakura Dream fighting Ashley Wilde, then the 9th, she’ll be in Korakuen Hall for PWK's “White Day Brawl” where they are having a night of mixed tag team matches where she teams with Tiger X against Rio Kobayashi and mystery partner.”

Ryan Dalvarez: “And we got viewer questions later on and I’ll teach you how… TO CALL IT IN THE RING-”

As the clip shows, there's no confirmation as to WHY Katsu has been absent from FWA. The only assumption which can be made is her schedule along with title duties in Japan. But is there tension between the two companies the masked wrestler is contracted to?

Until that day will come, Katsu will be keeping herself busy. But little does she know that the world she has been distant from for months-

Is going to be keeping a close eye on her.

-One Week Later-
COSMICLogoPurple-removebg-preview.png

Presents...

Saturday… February 10th, 2024.

A woman finally absolved herself of the sins of her past.

English commentary plays with the voice of an Irishman, giving a prelude to the match. One masked woman makes her way down the ring, cape flowing behind her.

“Injury delayed this moment. After years of waiting, it is finally the time for Katsu to face off against her former ‘mentor,’ her abuser, in a championship match, one on one.”

A woman's voice on commentator continues

“Never has this woman been able to hold singles gold in CJW. Osaka, hometown crowd, can she finally get personal and professional validation that she has arrived?”

Walking down the aisle, the defending champion. A woman with a slender frame, a championship belt with a pure white strap around her waist, contrasting her dark frame. On her head, another mask. One with vampire fangs, and horns.

“Queen Yoshida, out to remind this young lady that ‘you can never get rid of me. You will ALWAYS be a step under me.’”

The look of the challenger’s face shows a mix of anger and nerves. Major match, personal stakes involved, as the champion enters the ring, removing the vampire mask and tossing it at her challenger’s feet.

The match begins and the two begin to fight with a rabid intensity from the start of the bell. The confident champion pushes the challenger in the corner and grabs her face. An image dissolves on half the screen, showing the challenger as a younger wrestler, with black gear, getting similar treatment as she does now. The champion is coaxing darkness out of her challenger as the masked wrestler fights back.

As the match goes on, their allies get involved, distractions, counters to distractions, the whole nine yards. Finally, a chair ends up in the hands of the masked wrestler, the champion with a wicked smirk on her face, begging her opponent to smash her over the head. After much deliberation she tosses the chair away and hits a Superkick! Finally, she ascends the top.

“Will Night fall on her past?”

Flipping through the air, the masked wrestler hits a Phoenix Splash and goes in for a deep cover. The official counts a dramatic.

ONE…

TWO…

THREE!

“KATSU HAS DONE IT!”

“YEARS IN THE MAKING, FINALLY, A SINGLES CHAMPION IN CJW! YOUR NEW INTERGALACTIC COSMIC CHAMPION, KATSU!”

A tired and excited Katsu is handed her newly won championship title and a trophy as her teammates enter the ring, Ririko and Cali Hayama rush in first to give her a hug and Ririko picks her up on her shoulders, letting her celebrate the fact she’s just won the second biggest prize in their home company…

Until the ceremony is cut short as five people make their way out. Miho Watase… Miss Fuka, and the rest of Virtue. The tag team champions grab a microphone and give a sarcastic congratulation to the new champion before telling her “She’s slayed the demons of her past, so now it’s time for the demons of her present to come in.” They motion for one of their members to step forward and it’s a foreign talent. Dark hair, a cocky smirk a mile wide.

Ashley Wilde.

The foreign talent speaks to her in English, knowing full well Katsu understands.

“I’m here to save this championship from becoming a ‘part-time’ belt. Since coming to CJW, I have not been pinned, nobody has ever tapped me out, I’m going to do what it took years for you to do…”

Flashing forward to a press-conference just days ago. Ashley Wilde stands across from Katsu on the opposite table. The Champion speaks in English to her challenger so that she can understand.

“I don’t understand why you are with Virtue. I look at you with Watase and Fuka. While the others look up to them, you seem to push against them. I know personally, that one day, they will stab you in the back and you’ll have nothing.”

“You’re right. I’m not besties with them, so what?”
The challenger says, shrugging. I joined Virtue because I saw what was happening in your little dead group. You were breaking apart, and I hedged my bets and picked a side. We created a professional relationship and it’s working out. And now, I’m part of CJW. In fact… I’m part of CJW a hell of a lot more than you.”

The champion retorts.

“I’ve been here for years. This is, and always will be, my home company. The Intergalactic COSMIC Championship I have worked years to get.”

“But it isn’t your first piece of singles gold, ain’t that right, buddy?”
Ashley smugly responds.

“FWA is going to call you again and you’re back losing in the main event overseas again for big paydays, and you’re not going to take that title with you. You’re the import, and I’m the CJW talent looking to defend this company from you. It’s only a matter of time before I beat your ass, take that title, and make you f--- off to America again. And that take… is Ice… Coooool-”

Katsu stands up and grabs the microphone.

“I am CJW through and through! No matter where I go, CJW is my home, the place that made me. Yes, I have wrestled internationally. I wrestled on bigger stages than you. And I’ll even go as far as being in FWA made me being champion here possible. I learned more there in one year than I did in six years here. But I am home again. We created YDS FOR CJW first and defending this championship IS my priority. Exposing you as a fake… Getting some revenge for what you and Virtue put us through…”

Going up to the face of Ashley、 Katsu has a small smirk under her mask and says…. “それはすべてボーナスです。。。bitch.”

The video package shows the final confrontation of Katsu raising her title belt high, face to mask with her challenger, as the match graphic appears.

Yoyogi National Gymnasium

Tokyo, Japan

wJYmizbhoBjFBRJGLb5_btutHtv3sYDop08CXDcO4thmHdgH656gjvyyKQRZlzj7QqF7drPtEjoimguELS5Yl0SSrgnC7NztnsW4oWzI-lhi6ic4BVOFDlzObNyHld-lGC3fPyP2hHIqbJwdDetbdv0

kHw9O-8PGsjrQpc-2fitB0-AMM7IwuvdyRZ_B-9OeZ9nZV8BxhlM5WofngwREIakc4njOOcSUWlfX8g6glaQMMa_1VdgcXnfL4Eyr5At5h1GRHeW3ceY50CtIpxEqp8xiv0gXwn9LUBqQnszNRk3tCc

The lights of the arena are mostly darkened with pink lights dancing to the music playing. The stage is raised and has the COSMIC logo in the middle of a metal frame. Above the entranceway are various LED screens with a stock motion background of Cherry blossoms falling with the show logo in the middle. The CJW ring has a white and pink canvas covered in advertisements with purple ropes along with the usual boxing style turnbuckle pads. The ringside area is set up with mats, thin steel barricades, and tables on the other side before it breaks into rows of chairs for the fans.

James O’Connell: “Match 7 of 8 tonight here for CJW Sakura Dream. Her first title defence, Katsu defends the Intergalactic COSMIC Championship against the unbeaten in CJW, Ashley Wilde.”

Stephanie Starr: “I’ve been surprised how quickly Ashley Wilde has taken to CJW. The gajin has adapted quickly to COSMIC’s style and hitching her bets to Virtue has been a boon.”

James O’Connell: “Her Virtue leaders just successfully defended their tag team titles against the dream team of Saori Suzuki and Rin Tsukiyama, and they’re looking to make it 2-0 for Virtue in title matches tonight.”

Stephanie Starr: “And interestingly, I have seen a few more foreign fans tonight, likely due in part due to another company’s Japanese tour ongoing, FWA. Thanks to Katsu’s international experience, her world-wide audience might just put her in the fan favourite seat tonight, as if she wasn’t already.”

CJW’s English announcer, Christopher Biggs stands alongside Yoko Arita who gives the Japanese introductions. They nod before Christopher speaks first.

Christopher Biggs: “Ladies and gentlemen, your next match is a singles match scheduled for one fall with a 60-minute time limit and it is for the Intergalactic COSMIC CHAMPIONSHIP!”

Yoko nods her head and does the Japanese introductions.

Yoko Arita: “次の試合は、銀河間コズミックチャンピオンシップのシングルマッチで、制限時間は60分で秋に予定されています!”

The fans clap and cheer as the lights which are a pink around begin to fade away.

The opening to the Bring me the Horizon song plays as the screen shows a goddess on top of a mountain before the scene around her freezes in a blanket of ice and snow. The lights show a mix of gold and an icy blue as the text “Ice Cold Killa’” is shown on the screen along with Ashley Wilde’s name in both English and Japanese. Lights move around the arena in tune to the alt rock anthem.

After about 25 seconds, the challenger makes her way out. She has a light blue robe on with gold accents and a smug look on her face, drawing in jeers from the fans. Golden sparks of pyro shoot up from the sides as Wilde turns around, showing the text on her robe saying her nickname before turning around with a half bow pose. White sparkles of pyro shoot up on both sides of the stage. Then she flips off some of the fans as she begins to make the slow walk down the ramp.

Christopher Biggs: “Introducing first, the challenger, in the blue corner. Representing Virtue, from Winnipeg, Canada, she is the ICE COLD Killa, Ashley Wilde!”

James O’Connell: “Second generation wrestler, daughter of Canadian territory legend, ‘Wild Man’ George Pettipas, she has made it her mission to go beyond where her family went, become an international star.”

Stephanie Starr: “And with it comes a big chip on her shoulder, and a constant need to prove a point. Her association with the MAYHEM turncoats hasn’t made her a popular figure with the local fans, but her pedigree has taken her far in such a short time.”

Going down the ramp, two members of Virtue make their way behind her down the ramp. One is wearing a half mask and a cane in her hand, the other dark lipstick. YUNA, no relation to a certain Pirate, and Nanae Noa. Ashley Wilde turns back to acknowledge them before turning back towards the ring to make her entrance.

James O’Connell: “And, as agreed upon by the parties involved, a maximum of two people in each other’s corner. With Watase and Fuka only recently finishing their match, it’s up to YUNA and Noa to back Wilde.”

Stephanie Starr: “I just hope the interference is down to a minimum.”

Getting to ringside, Ashley Wilde unclips her rope and lets her teammates pull it off her, showing her ring gear. It is black with gold tinted icicle patterns on the bra and on her one-legged tights, Her kick boots have her last name and nickname on them. The challenger steps into the ring as Yoko introduces her in Japanese…

Yoko Arita: “「挑戦者紹介、青コーナーです。 Virtueを代表する「ICE COLD Killa'」。 。 ”

Ashley Widle goes to the hard camera side and leans on the middle rope.

Yoko Arita: “AASSSHHHLEEEEY WIIIIIIIIILLDE!”

The challenger winks and motions around her waist for a title belt. Her theme music fades away as she warms up in the middle of the ring, confident. The lights of Yoyogi National Gymnasium fade to black as the screen plays a scene.

A silhouette of a woman stands in the middle of an open field. She is surrounded by cherry blossoms in full bloom. Wearing a white and pink kimono, she holds in her hands the Intergalactic COSMIC Championship title. She looks up at the trees above her before getting on her hands and knees, placing the championship title on the ground. In an almost prayer position, she speaks in Japanese.

“親愛なるサクラ様,”
“Dear Sakura,”

“この季節に新しい命を吹き込みましょう。私にとって新しい精神。”
“Breathe new life into this season. A new spirit for me.”

“私の精神、私の心を光が照らしますように。”
“May the light shine on my spirit and my heart.”

“この世界の美しさ、自分の成功、周りの人たちに感謝できますように…”
“May you be grateful for the beauty of this world, your successes, and those around you.”

The camera zooms in on the championship belt, the nameplate on it reading “KATSU” etched into the gold.

“なぜなら、この地球上のすべてのものは、非常に短い時間しか存在しないからです。私に力を与えます。私に美しさを祝福してください。暴力を祝福してください …”
“Because everything on this earth exists for only a very short time. Give me strength. bless me with beauty. Celebrate violence.”

A single cherry blossom falls, landing on the championship title plate.

“新生活”
“New Life”

Drawing a positive reaction from the crowd is the theme music of the Champion as the lights begin to flash different shades of red and pink. Katsu appears on the stage, standing still, her arms crossed with two “fox head” hand gestures with the lights flashing to the beat of the music. Her white strapped championship belt is around her waist. After about twelve seconds, fire shoots up from the sides of the stage as Katsu opens her arms, tilting her head as she shows off a custom entrance mask with her attire being a mix of various shades of pink. She does a quick “slashing” gesture with her hand as she makes her way down the ramp.

Christopher Biggs: “And introducing, in the Red Corner. She is the reigning and defending Intergalactic COSMIC Champion, representing YOKAI Death Squad, from Osaka, the Kitsune Warrior… KAAAATSUUU!”

James O’Connell: “Co-Leader of YOKAI Death Squad, the 20th Intergalactic COSMIC Champion, after a night of firsts, she makes her first singles title defence in CJW and will try as she can to do something she hasn’t done in CJW or FWA.”

Stephanie Starr: “And that’s successfully defending a singles title. Her reign as FWA’s Television Champion late 2022 and early 2023, ending via a Fatal Four Way match, not pinned, but couldn’t secure the fall to keep her title. This time, one on one, she’s had big matches since then and has gotten better, but she’s fighting someone who hasn’t been beaten yet in Japan.”

As Katsu makes her way down the ramp, she moves her cape out of the way so that the camera can get a good look at her championship belt. Her chosen partners in her corner make their way down the ramp, Ririko and her younger sister, REO, both wearing YDS hoodies over their gear.

James O’Connell: “And not a surprise with Ririko and REO in her corner. Ririko the power of YDS and her longest friend and REO who in some ways has been taken under the wings of both Katsu and her older sister.”

Stephanie Starr: “Katsu was trusted twice to coach FWA’s hit series ‘Ground Zero,’ with Vengedor winning, but REO being part of an all women’s season, making it to the semi finals before returning from excursion. But now, there’s only one priority for Katsu, and that’s being the Intergalactic COSMIC Champion.”

Walking around the ring, Katsu heads to the hard camera side and catches a glance at Ashley Wilde, her challenger. The champion slides onto the apron and opens up her cape, showing her championship belt off. She splits her legs and drops, sliding into the ring. Unclipping the championship from her waist, Yoko introduces her.

Yoko Arita: “赤い隅にあります。彼女は第 20 代銀河間 COSMIC チャンピオンです。妖怪死隊代表、狐武者。。。”

Heading to the top turnbuckle, Katsu does a throat slashing gesture and holds up her championship belt.

Yoko Arita: “KAAAAAATSSUUUUUUUU!”

Jumping down, Katsu’s music fades as she unclips her cape. CJW co-owner, Yuria Anou, makes her way in the ring for the pre-match ceremony. She is wearing a traditional silk kimono for the night, but still stunning.

Katsu looks at her championship belt and gives it a pat on the main plate before handing it off to her. Champion and challenger stand on either side of Anou. Ashley does the Virtue pose, showing a confident look on her face while looking at the Intergalactic COSMIC Championship. Katsu puts one hand on her up with the other in a “fox head” gesture. Pictures are taken before the crowd claps.

James O’Connell: “Glad they could hold themselves back from tearing into each other-”

Stephanie Starr: “Yeah, remember Worlds Unite with Virtue and YDS?”

The two wrestlers head to their corners as Yuria exits the ring to hand the title to the time keeper. The assigned official checks both of them for any weapons with a quick pat down. With the all clear, he rings the bell for the match to begin.

SakuraDreamPoster.png

Champion and challenger circle in the ring. Katsu keeps low, light on her feet while Ashley Wilde keeps vertical. With a four inch height advantage, it’s clear she can toss the smaller, agile, Katsu, if needed. Ashley Wilde approaches first for a lock up, but Katsu quickly goes behind and trips her backwards, bridging across the legs for a unique roll-up pin-

ONE- Quick kick out from the Ice Cold Killa’

As Wilde attempts to roll over, Katsu hooks her arm and quickly goes into a La Magistral Cradle-

ONE… T- And another quick kick out!

And before Katsu can attempt a third, Ashley Wilde rolls away and quickly rushes back into an aggressive lock-up, pushing her back into the ropes. The official counts to force a break and on four, the Canadian does a disrespectful slap to the face of the champion, drawing a negative reaction from the Tokyo crowd.

James O’Connell: “Disrespect from the challenger.”

Stephanie Starr: “In her match against Yoshida, the former champion drew a lot of anger out of Katsu, I have to wonder if we can see that dark-side come out a bit tonight?”

Giving a cold glance towards Wilde, Katsu responds with a slap of her own which catches Ashley off guard! She follows with a forearm to the jaw of Wilde! The challenger throws a punch, but the champion ducks it and quickly drags her down to the mat with an arm drag. Ashley Wilde doesn’t even get to a vertical base before Katsu follows through with a knee lift!

James O’Connell: “And there it is a bit, the hard-hitting side of the champion, with her speed.”

The self-proclaimed “Killa’” of Virtue stumbles back into the ropes and Katsu decides to quicken the pace. She sends her across the ring with an Irish Whip. At first, she leapfrogs over Wilde on the bounce back, then drops down. Finally, she catches Ashley Wilde in the jaw with a single leg dropkick! The Intergalactic COSMIC Champion kips up to clapping from the crowd and Wilde immediately rolls to the outside.

Stephanie Starr: “The slap, turning out to not be a good idea from Ashley Wilde, that just fired up the champion and if she continues to build up the pace, Katsu may end up lapping her challenger.”

Clapping three times in rhythm, Katsu gets the crowd to chant “Y-D-S” in rhythm. Over the past few months especially, she has begun to get a stronger control of the crowd, rallying them behind her. She knows there’s some distance between her and Ashley Wilde, so she runs off the ropes. But before she can complete the dive, Nanae Noa jumps on the apron, stopping her dead in her tracks. For a moment, Katsu stops and there’s some anger in her eyes.

James O’Connell: “Nanae Noa coming to the defence of her Virtue stablemate, and is probably one of the few people who can stop Katsu dead in her tracks.”

Stephanie Starr: “A former member of SIN with Katsu, she’d often engage in the bullying and manipulation which still weighs heavy on Katsu before Noa left wrestling for three years only to return last year, siding with Virtue. No love lost between them.”

Nanae has a smirk on her face as she taunts the champion, trying to goad her into making a mistake. Katsu takes a deep breath before backing up. REO and Ririko look at ringside and see Ashley Wilde slide back in from the side. They try to warn Katsu, but it is too late as Ashley takes her down with a lariat!

James O’Connell: “Distraction pays off!”

Stephanie Starr: “Virtue said they’ll be here to haunt Katsu, and that’s true early on in this match.”

Ashley Wilde quickly picks Katsu up and follows through with a suplex, sending her overhead with a vicious snap! Floating over, Wilde goes into a pin, but only gets a one.

The challenger smirks and goes to her wheelhouse, hard strikes. She reels back a snapping European Uppercut on the champion! She clenches and nails her in the head with multiple fish hook knees before snapping back with a knife edge chop to the chest! Sending Katsu across the ring, she meets her in the middle of the ring and drives her into her knee with an STO Backbreaker!

Katsu lies on her knee, like she’s lying on the armrest of a bench and Ashley pushes her to a seated position. The Ice Cold Killa’ charges off the ropes and strikes her in the chest with a Penalty Kick! She goes for a cover on the champion but it is another quick kick out.

James O’Connell: “One strike, after another, then it is all topped off with a World class PK!”

Stephanie Starr: “She told me that she was a striker in high school for her school’s soccer team. Tell me, how would she do on the pitch?”

James O’Connell: “With how violent she is, I imagine a red card every other match.”

Mixing it up, Ashley Wilde drags Katsu into the corner and traps her with chops and shoulder thrusts to the ribcage. The Canadian is controlling the pace as she grabs the wrist and sends Katsu to the opposite corner like a hammer! Katsu doesn’t even stay standing as her back hits with a THUD into the boxing style turnbuckle pads! Ashley Wilde pulls her out and snapmares her into a cravat. She locks the fingers and twists the neck, keeping Katsu grounded.

James O’Connell: “And now the challenger is looking to wear the champion down early.

Stephanie Starr: “And interesting she decides to put her first submission on the neck. Two of her favourite ways to end a match target it. First her Ice Spike DDT. The Double Underhook into a snapping DDT, about as violent as they come. Then the Wilde Clutch, her twist on the Cobra Clutch passed down from her father.”

James O’Connell: “Of course, she changes it up with a bridge, getting the opponent grounded so it’s a hybrid between that and a Crossface. Several women in CJW have either tapped to that hold or were put to sleep.”

Ririko claps to get the crowd behind her friend as Katsu fights for position on the mat. The defending champion gets to a knee as Wilde continues the pressure, twisting her head. Just as Katsu gets to her feet, Ashley Wilde has the awareness to change it into an offensive move, snapping back with a Cravat Neckbreaker!

James O’Connell: “Neckbreaker!”

Stephanie Starr: “Showing some technique now, Ashley turns that into a neckbreaker and now Katsu’s fully on the back foot.

--5:34--

James O’Connell: “And Ashley Wilde, despite this being her first title match in Japan, showing that she can rise to the occasion early on.”

Stephanie Starr: “I question if she really needs the ‘presence’ of her Virtue teammates right now, but she’s still strong with or without them.”

Choking Katsu with her foot, Ashley Wilde shows a wide grin on her face as she wears down the champion. The referee gets to a four count before the member of Virtue finally lets go and soaks in the jeers. She mouths off in English to the crowd before charging back with a European uppercut in the corner on the champion! Ashley Wilde runs off the ropes and meets Katsu in the middle of the ring with a big boot to the-

No, Katsu counters with a Superkick that hooks to the jaw! Ashley Wilde remains on her feet, bouncing back with a hard forearm, but Katsu reels back with a SECOND superkick to the jaw, dropping Wilde to a knee!

James O’Connell: “But Ashley can’t keep Katsu down for long, perfectly time kicked!”

Stephanie Starr: “Few young wrestlers today embody a ‘fighting spirit’ like Katsu.”

Wrenching the arm, Katsu chops Ashley Wilde in the chest with her other hand and walks over to the ropes, keeping hold of the hand. She balances herself on the ropes. The fans gasp as Katsu leaps off with a rope assisted hurricanrana!

James O’Connell: “Unique Hurricanrana from the champion!”

Stephanie Star: “Guess I need to correct myself there. Fighting spirit with a sparkle of Lucha inspiration. As a proud Latin-American who’s been blessed to work in Mexico for parts of my career, I can’t help but smile seeing that.”

Ashley Wilde bounces off the mat and stumbles back to her feet as Katsu smirks, telling her to come at her. The challenger falls into the Intergalactic Champion’s trap and Katsu runs, springboarding off the middle rope and dropping her with a crossbody! She immediately goes into a cover.

One… Tw- and a kick out from the challenger!

Katsu rolls to her feet and catches the number one contender in the chin with a roundhouse! Then she dropkicks her in the back and she lands on the middle rope! Katsu runs for her Tiger Feint Kick, but Ashley Wilde quickly rolls to the outside again towards her teammates.

James O’Connell: “And we thought the Sakura kick was coming-”

But Katsu instead swings herself between the ropes and lands on the apron. Virtue only notice when it is too late as Katsu springboards off the middle rope with a Moonsault to the outside-

James O’Connell: “Moonsault to the outside!”

Stephanie Starr: “And all THREE of the members of Virtue got hit with it!”

With three people breaking her fall, Katsu gets up and lets out a shout. She focuses back on her opponent, pulling Wilde out of the rubble and getting her back into the ring. The Intergalactic COSMIC Champion gets on the apron and slaps the turnbuckle pad to get the fans behind her.

James O’Connell: “Ever since returning from America, Katsu has become more animated, and dare I say, more confident and comfortable.”

Stephanie Starr: “She’s said it, her run in America has made it possible for her to rise up the ranks here after Ririko and Cali held the fort for her in the meantime. Says a lot that both her and Cali Hayama agreed to be Equals as leaders of YDS and have gotten along since that.”

James O’Connell: “They both said it, they each see in each other traits the other lacks, they respect their skill, and trust each other as people.”

Katsu balances herself on the top rope and waits. She leaps through the air and lands on top of Ashley Wilde again with a top rope Crossbody! Another pin attempt is made.

ONE… TWO- And Ashley Wilde kicks out.

The defending champion rolls to her feet and is quick to try to put this match away now. She hooks the arm of Ashley Wilde and tries to sweep the leg for the Lightning Spiral, but Ashley Wilde side steps and does a backslide! There isn’t even a pin as Katsu rolls to her stomach. Ashley Wilde runs off the ropes and as Katsu gets up, she knees her in the back of the head!

James O’Connell” “Ashley nearly took Katsu’s head off!”

Stephanie Starr: “-No thank you to EVER taking that, I’m happily retired.”

Ashley has a, well, wild smirk on her face as she nearly takes the champion’s head off. She pulls Katsu to her feet and hooks her up, dropping her with a Falcon Arrow! She hooks both legs and goes for the cover.

James O’Connell: “Falcon Arrow! Ashley Wilde, looking for her first singles title in CJW-”

ONE… TWO… T- And Katsu keeps her title as she kicks out!

James O’Connell: “But Katsu keeps the Intergalactic title within her clutches!”

Stephanie Starr: “And notice Ashley Wilde is beginning to ramp up the intensity of her offence, going for bigger moves. With Katsu’s high flying, and even her going for the Lightning Spiral, it might have been a warning for her to pick things up before it is too late.”

--9:16--

Keeping control of the match, Ashley Wilde grabs the arm of Katsu and tosses her into the corner, with her landing with a thud! YUNA gets on the apron to get the official’s attention as Nanae Noa hits Katsu in the corner! The fans jeer.

James O’Connell: “And Katsu’s attempt to bounce back is stopped with her crashing into the corner and, of course, some outside interference.”

REO and Ririko, seeing Noa’s interference, shout at the official, but without him seeing it, he can’t do anything about it, so he has to tell the sisters to calm down. Ashley Wilde takes advantage and pulls Katsu back to her feet, raking the face while she does! The fans jeer as she bridges back into a German Suplex! The referee turns around in time to count the pin.

ONE… TWO… The champion kicks out but Ashley Wilde transitions and tries to get the Wilde Clutch in!

She tries to hook the arm and trap the head but Katsu rolls over in a side headlock. Both girls end up near the ropes and Ashley Wilde lifts the knee to catch Katsu on the chin. The Virtue member runs off the ropes and BOTH competitors fly over the top rope and to the outside with a clothesline!

James O’Connell: “Both ladies fall to the outside and I’m not sure who got the worst of it!”

Stephanie Starr: “Ashley Wilde with the offensive move, but I think the back of her head may have clipped the edge of the ring.”

The official looks over to check on both competitors and Ashley Wilde, indeed, grabs the back of her head, causing a brief pause to the match as the official checks on both of them. Ashley Wilde moves her hand as the referee checks the back of her head, putting on gloves and we can see on her hand a bit of red.

James O’Connell: “I think Ashley Wilde may have cut the back of her on the fall to the outside.”

Stephanie Starr: “Some of these ladies are the toughest around in the sport, but precaution is needed.”

The official bounces back and forth between Katsu and Ashley Wilde and even their seconds in their corners. The doctor has some gauze to help wipe some blood away to check the nature of the cut. He communicates with the official and gives a nod. It’s nothing serious. Katsu gets to her feet, still showing the effects of the fall. The referee gives her a “Wait one moment” gesture as he turns back to Ashley Wilde-

And YUNA runs in and kicks Katsu in the gut behind the official’s back!

James O’Connell: “Come on! Your teammate just got a nasty fall but you have to take advantage!”

Stephanie Starr: “Well, Ashley did say this relationship is ‘professional,’ so it doesn’t surprise me.”

REO and Ririko rush in and get in the faces of YUNA and Nanae Noa and the two sides even push and shove. The referee has to separate the two sides and even gives them each a warning to either back off or to get out. Katsu is even distracted by the scuffle and, with the green light from the doctor-

Ashley Wilde runs in and takes down Katsu, drawing massive jeers from the fans!

James O’Connell: “Crocodile tears from Ashley Wilde!”

Stephanie Starr: “I don’t doubt she got messed up a bit from the fall, she’s got a cut, but she’s taking advantage of a situation like a seasoned pro.”

Ashley Wilde grabs Katsu and throws her into the barricade! Then into the edge of the ring, before hucking her over the divider into the time-keeper’s area. The fans jeer as she gloats to the fans, even with some blood appearing on her hands. The teammates of each wrestler are finally separated, but REO and Ririko are helpless to watch. Ririko shouts towards her friend, trying to give her encouragement while REO gives a dark glare towards Wilde, trying to resist the urge to kick her head off. The count from the official begins.

James O’Connell: “YOKAI Death Squad are trying to be careful here. Remember, no ‘traditional’ champion’s advantage here in comparison to most American promotions. A title can change hands on a disqualification or count out, though CJW management can overturn it on occasion.”

Stephanie Starr: “Like the time we saw the short-lived Comet Division Title end in disqualification due to someone attacking their own partner. But I don’t think kicking Ashley Wilde’s head off over some trickery would give her sympathy.”

Ashley Wilde reaches over the barricade to grab Katsu, some of the blood on her hands rubbing off on the pink mask of Katsu. The challenger steps over and puts Katsu on the table. She joins her and tries to place her opponent’s head between her thighs-

James O’Connell: “Piledriver on the table-”

She tries to lift Katsu up, but the Kitsune Warrior blocks it and even grabs the barricade. Ashley clubs the back but Katsu begins to lift up Ashley Wilde-

And she backdrops her back over the barricade onto the outside floor!

James O’Connell: “Katsu avoids disaster as Ashley Wilde crashes onto the mats below!”

Stephanie Starr: “But both ladies need to get back into the ring.”

The count is nearing a 10, the half-way point, as Katsu remains standing on the time-keeper’s table. She looks as Ashley Wilde struggles to her feet, grabbing the back of her head. The champion runs across the tables and leaps, hitting a hurricanrana to the outside on the Ice Cold Killa’!

James O’Connell: “Hurricanrana to the outside!”

Stephanie Starr: “Katsu felt something similar at the ‘Worlds Unite’ event, but now she’s the one dishing it out!”

The referee’s count is at fifteen as Katsu finally drags Ashley Wilde off the floor and pushes her back into the ring. The challenger crawls to the middle of the ring and Katsu senses blood in the water. Katsu charges and drives both her knees in the back of the head of Ashley Wilde!

James O’Connell: “Burning Arrow!”

Katsu rolls Wilde over to her back for a pin.

ONE… TWO… THREE-

And Wilde kicks out!

Stephanie Starr: “Competing with a cut in the back of her head, double knees to the cut too, I’m going to give Ashley Wilde some props. First singles title match, rising to the occasion.”

Showing a surprising amount of poise, Katsu doesn’t appear frustrated from the kickout. Katsu simply puts her hand in a “Fox Head” gesture and then does a throat slash. She’s going to drain the Spirit out of this woman. Katsu runs off the ropes as Wilde gets to her feet and is about to go for a Frakenstiener but Ashley grabs the legs!

James O’Connell: “Frankenstiener, Katsu trying to roll through into a pin, or maybe a submission, but Wilde is holding on.”

Katsu elbows Wilde in the head, but the Canadian quickly drops her into the mat with a powerbomb! She crosses Katsu’s legs and rolls through with a Cloverleaf, adding a knee on the neck for good measure!

Stephanie Starr: “And right into a variation of the Cloverleaf with a knee to the skull. In some circles it is called the ‘Lasso from El Paso.’ Bending the spine and softening up the neck too with the legs. Smart hold."

James O’Connell: “Ashley Wilde, fighting for the submission win.”

Katsu lets out a yell as her back is bent and weight is on her head. Her arm flails around, reaching for something to grab onto, but her title reign may end up becoming another one defence run. Ashley Wilde’s footing slips slightly, so she needs to aim for the more balanced approach, sitting down. While the head isn’t targeted anymore, the spine has a sharper bend to it!

James O’Connell: “And the traditional cloverleaf now and Katsu’s being worn down!”

Stephanie Starr: “Katsu is a young lady full of heart and yet enough experience to make decisions that are wise beyond her age. She needs to find a way to crawl to the ropes or roll through. I see her pushing herself up off the mat with her elbows now. Great plan to reduce pressure. Still not an ideal position to be in though.”

James O’Connell: “There’s a real possibility that she may have to tap here, or this might be a detriment to her hopes as we get into the later stages of the match.”

Katsu crawls towards the ropes on the side of the ring where her friends are, knowing that being near Virtue’s side would be dangerous for her. Ririko jumps up and down in her hoodie, motioning for Katsu to get near them. Katsu begins the crawl and it helps her get pressure off as Ashley has to fight to keep the grip around her legs. Rather than wasting time, Katsu rolls over to her back and pulls Ashley Wilde in for a small package!

ONE.. TWO, kick out from Ashley Wilde.

Katsu gets to her feet and throws a forearm, catching Ashley Wilde in the jaw. The masked champion runs off the ropes but the Canadian catches her in a fireman’s carry. She places Katsu’s head under her arm and drops her with an Air Raid Crash Neckbreaker on the knee!

James O’Connell: “Air Raid Breaker from Ashley Wilde!”

Stephanie Starr: “Just as Katsu thought she had a way out, Ash was one step ahead."

Rolling to the apron, Ashley Wilde gives herself a moment to breathe as Katsu holds the neck after it was jammed on her opponent’s knee. Getting a smirk on her face, Ashley Wilde feels like taking a risk. She ascends the corner turnbuckle and tries to balance herself on the top rope.

James O’Connell: “Ashley Wilde going to the high risk district.”

Stephanie Starr: “She’s not afraid to go to the top or even springboard from now and then, but this isn’t exactly her bread and butter.”

Slowly getting up, Katsu is unaware of Ashley’s position as her challenger leaps through the air and drives the knee to the back of head of the Intergalactic COSMIC Champion.

James O’Connell: “Guillotine Knee! She has to be knocked out!”

Ashley Wilde rolls over to Katsu and puts her opponent in the pin.

ONE… TWO… THREE-

AND THE CHAMPION STILL KICKS OUT!

James O’Connell: “Katsu has no quit! This championship means a lot to her.”

Stephanie Starr: “Given the fact that she’s worked a pretty insane schedule prior to her injury, and wrestled hurt even when she beat Funanori, Katsu has a lot in the tank.”

Letting her hot headed nature get the best of her, Ashley pounds the mat with her fist. She’s growing impatient. But, for the time being, Katsu is keeping her title.

--16:28--

After kicking out of a bridging Dragon Suplex, Katsu rolls to the ropes as the frustration of the challenger continues to rise.

James O’Connell: “Katsu is fighting tooth and nail to successfully defend the Intergalactic COSMIC Championship.”

Stephanie Starr: “I talked to her and she said that her losing the FWA Television title was something which was hard on her mentally. But it was arguably what inspired her to reinvent herself and become a new woman. Now it’s about showing the world and herself that she’s grown from that.”

James O’Connell: “But I’d argue that Ashley Wilde is one move away from ending her title reign.”

Ready to put the fox to sleep, Ashley Wilde goes over and rakes the eyes of Katsu to a warning from the official. She hooks the arm and secures a Cobra Clutch, but struggles to drag Katsu to the mat, though Katsu’s already feeling the effects of it!

James O’Connell: “The Cobra Clutch is in and she’s trying to pull her down to fully secure the Wilde Clutch!”

Stephanie Starr: “Each time she’s dropped her on her head this match, she’s been softening up the neck to potentially use this hold.”

Katsu reaches for the ropes Ashley Wilde shakes her, continually trying to pull her to the canvas. Seeing the corner, Katsu gets an idea as she grabs the ropes and pulls herself up in the corner. Before the referee gets a chance to count for a break, Katsu flips back into a pin-

James O’Connell: “Katsu counters! Katsu counters!”

ONE… TWO-

And Ashley Wilde is forced to break the hold to kick out.

Ashley quickly goes to the corner, but Katsu follows with a HARD kick to the chest! The champion chops Ashley’s chest multiple times and adds an extra kick. The crowd rallies behind her as she lets out a yell and does one more big kick to the chest! Katsu attempts an Irish whip to the opposite corner, but Ashley reverses the momentum. This time, Katsu has the awareness to leap off the middle turnbuckle and over Ashley’s head! The challenger stops herself and quickly back elbows the defending champion. She gets on the second rope and Springboards-

James O’Connell: “The Slice-”

And Katsu ducks a Springboard enzuigiri!

James O’Connell: “And nobody in the pool!”

Ashley lands on one foot and stumbles back to a vertical base. Leaping up, the Kitsune Warrior hits an enzuigiri of her own, catching her in the back of the head!

Ashley Wilde face plants into the mat and holds the back of the head where the blood from her cut is beginning to soak in her hair a touch.

The referee does a quick check, but appears to give the green light quickly to continue.

Stephanie Starr: “Katsu has been on the back foot at multiple parts of the match. Whenever Ashley has been able to slow down the pace, Katsu has been forced to adjust. But as soon as the pace quickens, the champion finds herself at home."

James O’Connell: “And what do you think Katsu can do to win at this stage?”

Stephanie Starr: “Come in fast and hit some of her big moves NOW.”

Catching her breath, Katsu looks to see some of the blood stain parts of her gear. She pulls Ashley Wilde up and places her in the corner, chopping her in the chest again before sitting her on the top rope.

James O’Connell: “And Katsu, placing Ashley Wilde on top.”

Stephanie Starr: “We’ve seen her do the Spanish Fly, or even a Super Frakenstiener in a position like that. Hell, she’s even transitioned into the Spirit Drain before from there."

Katsu stands on the top turnbuckle and steadies her feet. Ashley, still having some fight in her, quickly headbutts the champion! She hits another and Katsu stumbles off the top rope. Ashley Wilde is on the turnbuckles alone now. She gets to the top rope, but is having a hard time balancing herself in this position. Katsu take advantage and leaps up-

Stephanie Starr: “Look out below-”

And she hits a top rope Spanish Fly!

James O’Connell: “SPANISH FLY!”

Katsu lands on top and hooks the leg for the pin.

ONE… TWO… THREE- Kickout!

James O’Connell: “But it isn’t enough. Ashley Wilde keeps her championship hopes alive!”

Stephanie Starr: “A fall like that can take a lot out of anyone, even the person on the offensive end of the move, but Katsu, landing on top, kept her damage to a minimum.”

Catching her breath on the canvas, the crowd claps and applaud her for the breathtaking move. Katsu slowly gets to a knee and looks around at the crowd. Ashley Wilde rolls on the canvas and where her head was, there’s a small red stain from her cut. The two competitors slowly get to a standing position with Katsu getting to her feet first. She smirks and KICKS Ashley Wilde in the chest! The gaijin smirks and unloads with a loud CHOP to her chest.

James O’Connell: “Back and forth, these ladies are hoping to finally chop down the other!”

Katsu returns the chop as the crowd, rallying behind her chants her name. Then a second, and third. Ashley Wilde responds with a forearm and she goes face to face with the champion. Ashley throws a punch which Katsu ducks under and she kicks her in the side of the leg multiple times! Running off the ropes the Kitsune Warrior hits a flying forearm smash, dropping the Virtue member! On the follow up Katsu catches her under the jaw with a calf kick! Disoriented, Ashley throws a clothesline which misses and Katsu runs off the ropes taking her to the mat with a headscissor takedown!

Stephanie Starr: “Katsu’s picking up the pace now, but she needs to give this an exclamation point now or never!”

Slapping the mat, Katsu feels a rush of momentum. She shouts in Japanese to rally the fans behind her as Ashley Wilde pulls herself up by the ropes. The masked champion unloads with a Superkick on her jaw and pulls her in. With a swift sweep of the leg, Katsu drops her on the back of her head with a vicious Lightning Spiral!

James O’Connell: “Lightning Spiral!”

Katsu goes for a pin by stacking Ashley where she lands, pulling the legs over her head and pulling her arm away from the ropes to avoid a rope break.

ONE… TWO… T-

And Nanae Noa pulls the referee out of the ring by the foot!

James O’Connell: “And Nanae Noa gets involved, pulling the official out, come on!”

Stephanie Starr: “Katsu was aware to keep her away from the ropes, but forgot about Virtue on the outside-”

The official shouts at Nanae Noa for her actions and he immediately motions to the back. She’s kicked out! The Virtue teammate of Ashley protests, so REO runs and decides to try to remove her personally. The Shadow Soul rushes and shoulder checks Noa and the two begin to fight!

James O’Connell: “And REO trying to play difference maker!”

Stephanie Starr: “But now the referee has to get BOTH of them out!”

Katsu looks on and has a small bit of frustration with the rookie member of the team, with her letting her emotions get the better of her. The defending champion tries to keep her focus on Ashley, prevent her from getting back in the match-

But she doesn’t see YUNA slide into the ring.

James O’Connell: “YUNA sliding in-”

And she cracks her signature cane over the back of the head of Katsu!

Stephanie Starr: “And that’s bullcrap!”

James O’Connell: “Behind the referee’s back as he’s handling the melee on the outside.”

The crowd erupt in a chorus of boos as YUNA gets involved physically. She goes over to Ashley Wilde who is still hurt after being dropped on the back of her head.

James O’Connell: “The cane given to her by her former mentor and self-proclaimed ‘Goddess,’ YUNA just used it to hand Ashley Wilde the Intergalactic COSMIC Cham-”

As James is mid-thought, Ririko rushes the ring and takes YUNA to the mat with a double leg takedown!

James O’Connell: “And Ririko playing the equaliser!”

She brawls with her and forces YUNA out of the ring! The official has both REO and Nao heading up the ramp, as Riirko chases YUNA with them! The official turns around and sees Ashley Wilde getting to her feet and trying to pick up the champion.

Stephanie Starr: “But Ashley Wilde is up, and she’s going to drive Katsu’s head into the mat for good.”

The referee gets in the ring and as Ashley hooks one arm-

The referee begins to shout at her. He looks and points, at her feet-

YUNA’s signature cane.

James O’Connell: “The cane is still in the ring and the referee sees it! He’s not blind, but he can put two and two together.”

Stephanie Starr: “REO rushing Nanae might have given YUNA the opportunity to strike, but Ririko tackling YUNA might have saved Katsu’s title.”

The official holds up the cane and with the little English he knows, is questioning Ashley with it. The Ice Cold Killa pleads her case, trying to explain she didn’t do it personally, but it is her teammate’s weapon. Someone used it from their side. The referee tosses it to the outside and gives Wilde a verbal warning. Katsu gets to her knees, coming to her senses. Before Ashley can notice, the Kitsune Warrior hooks both her arms behind and hits a bridging Tiger Suplex!

James O’Connell: “Tiger Suplex! Shades of the Grand Tiger!”

The official is caught by surprise but slides in to count the pin.

ONE…

TWO…

THRE- Kick Out from Ashley Wilde!

Katsu backs up, crawling on all fours, glaring at Wilde. She waits and dropkicks Ashley in the back, sending her onto the middle turnbuckle!

The Kitsune Warrior runs off the ropes and spins around with her Tiger Feint Kick!

James O’Connell: “Sakura kick!”

Stephanie Starr: “The prelude to the end.”

Ashley Wilde lands in the middle of the ring in a perfect position. Katsu is breathing heavily, but she climbs the top turnbuckles, standing so that her back is facing the ring. She gives one quick check back before she twists herself through the air for her Phoenix Splash!

James O’Connell: “Nightfall!”

Stephanie Starr: “And good night.”

Sitting on top of Ashley’s chest, Katsu pulls back both of her opponent’s legs for a deep cover as the referee makes the match winning-

ONE…

TWO…

THREE!

Winner, Still Champion:
勝者、依然としてチャンピオン:

KATSU
Via Nightfall 20:19

Rolling off of her opponent, Katsu has a sigh of relief as she manages to retain her Intergalactic COSMIC Championship. Some of her pink attire has light splotches of red from Ashley’s cut as doctors rush the ring to check it over, someone giving her a towel as she rolls out of the ring, going to a knee at ringside. The referee has her championship belt and a trophy as her hand is raised.

Christopher Biggs: “And winner, still your Intergalactic COSMIC Champion at 20:19, Katsu!”

Yoko Arita: “20:19のピンフォールで試合の勝者、そして銀河系COSMICチャンピオンである KATSU!!!”

The result is announced in both English and Japanese as Katsu drops to a knee and places her championship belt on her shoulder. A big grin is on the face of the champion as she holds up a “Fox Head” and gestures, celebrating her win.

James O’Connell: “The first defence is often the hardest for a champion, you can attest to that, Stephanie?”

Stephanie Starr: “Absolutely. Katsu learned that in FWA. Ashley Wilde has been one of the biggest names to keep track of since her arrival too and with Virtue on the outside, it was a mountain of an obstacle, but she stayed in it and retained.”

James O’Connell: “As for Ashley, think she’ll be back?”

Stephanie Starr: “It’s common for gaijin to come and go in Japanese promotions, so for one to stay and make a lasting impact would be huge. Ashley Wilde has a lot of the tools, it’ll be just a matter of time.”

Katsu briefly heads up to the top turnbuckles to raise the championship up high before she exits the ring, taking her trophy with her. Ashley Wilde has already gone to the back to get checked over. The Kistune Warrior heads up the ramp while both REO and Ririko return. Ririko puts Katsu on her shoulders to allow her to raise the title even higher.

James O’Connell: “We will eagerly await what’s next for both the champion and the beaten challenger, but next is our MAIN EVENT. Universe of COSMIC Championship on the line. Let’s go to the video package…”

Backstage in the media area, the first to arrive is the challenger. There’s a backdrop with the usual pattern you’d see in sports with the company logo repeated along with the show logo and the various event sponsors. She has the towel given to her over the back of her head and some blood has already stained it. YUNA and Nanae Noa are talking to her in Japanese, upset with the result. Though Ashley doesn’t understand all of it, she gets the jist. In front of the screen is a table with cans of soft drink on it. Ashley grabs the end of the table and pushes it over. She shouts at her teammates.

Ashley Wilde: “I fucking get it, I LOST! OKAY!?”

She is breathing heavily through her nose, upset. Wilde turns to the media and shouts.

Ashley Wilde: “Alright everyone, laugh it up. Ashley Wilde lost. I’m not unbeatable. But guess what?”

She clenches the towel in her hand.

Ashley Wilde: “She needed help…”

Wilde tells herself, giving an excuse.

Ashley Wilde: “She needed her buddies in YDS to be at ringside to help her. So as far as I’m concerned, she’s never defended a title on her own in her life! I fucking took her to the limit with my head leaking like a faucet! This isn’t over. I hope, I fucking hope you back up what you say for once and don’t fuck off back to America because I need a rematch. If not me, SOMEONE from Virtue is going to rip your dreams from you.”

Going up to the camera, Ashley grits her teeth.

Ashley Wilde: “YOKAI Death Squad, we are going to make your life a living hell! This is just the start. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to get my head stapled shut… FUCK!”

Ashley Wilde flips off the people near-by and she storms off, with YUNA and Nanae following.

Coming in from the side… YDS’s other co-leader, Cali Hayama. She’s got a YDS t-shirt with a personalised logo. Next to her is someone not seen by FWA yet. A newer face for YDS. She’s got blunt bangs which rest above her eyebrows and she’s of Japanese descent. Miyu Kawamato. Cali shakes her head watching Ashley walk away. A fellow Gaijin of her’s, a fellow Canadian even. But she’s off-put.

Miyu Kawamato (Translated): “What are you thinking?”

Cali Hayama: “Nothing, MKay’.”

Cali mutters in English before switching to Japanese.

Cali Hayama (Translated): “She just needs an attitude change, that’s all.”

Moments later, the winner makes her way back, meeting the rest of her stablemates. REO and Ririko smile seeing Cali and Miyu. The Gaijin-Joshi high fives Katsu before pulling her in and giving her co-leader a friendly pat on the back.

Cali Hayama: “One down girl. Knew you’d do it.”

Katsu: “Thank you. I thought I was finished when YUNA got involved… But it is over…”

Adjusting her championship belt, Katsu slights the championship with the beautiful white strap on her shoulder. She looks at the reporters and speaks Japanese. Her pace of speech is faster than it is in English

Katsu (Translated): “Ashley Wilde thought she could talk to me like that? ‘Part-time champion’ she said?”

The Kitsune Warrior raises the Intergalactic COSMIC Championship. She speaks with passion and a bit of extra speed and confidence in comparison to her English promos

Katsu (Translated): “I have been full time in two places the past year before I was injured! I wore my body down to the point where it broke and now I’m rested, I’m back better than ever and with one focus… I got this beautiful championship… For the first time in my career, and I’m not losing it. Not tonight anyways…”

She looks at her teammates to her side and all five of them practically line themselves up.

Katsu (Translated): “Us five, we are strong on our own, but together we can achieve new heights. REO… new graduate of our training program, natural talent. Even with her losing Ground Zero, she out performed dozens of more experienced wrestlers. We are glad to support her on her journey as she gets even better… And I know one day soon she might be winning this title herself.”

Katsu pats REO on the back before turning to the newest YDS member.

Katsu (Translated): “Miyu Kawamato. The Deathmatch Idol. Willing to bleed in a match and go to a dark place without losing herself. We are not Deathmatch wrestlers, but when others saw her as only such, we saw her for who she is. A well rounded wrestler, a good friend, who happens to thrive in Deathmatches. And something I learned travelling around the world is that there is no one true style for wrestling. All have merit. Kawamato has merit. I don’t partake in Deathmatches, but if I have to for you… I’m willing to take the cuts and bruises because you would for any of us.”

Katsu has a smile looking at YDS’ two new members. REO gives a nod while the bubbly Deathmatch artist grins and fist bumps her Unit co-leader.

Katsu (Translated): “But it all began with us original three. Ririko. A girl who despite our battles before accepted me and treated me like her second sister. She saved me and… And accepted me. I owe this championship to her especially. You have a heart of gold and I will always appreciate you. Then of course… The woman who did not want to lead alone. Cali.”

She smiles at the Gaijin while Ririko already has Katsu in a tight hug. Katsu composes herself and speaks English.

Katsu: “We knew that when YDS became its own unit that the leadership position had to fall to one of us. We couldn’t decide, so we decided to share it as equals. There’s no other person who could share the leadership spot with me than you. And if it wasn’t for you, I would not have been in America. You always have a place in Japan with us, a home here. So thank you.”

Cali Hayama: “Always, buddy.”

Cali Hayama nods as Katsu turns to the camera.

Katsu (Translated): “2024 YOKAI Death Squad is going to establish itself as a premier Unit in CJW! This championship is part of it. I will defend this regularly and make sure that no matter how long I am champion, this reign means something to its legacy! So determine who will step up next. I welcome all challengers! Control… Alt… Delete-”

???: “Excuse me, Katsu. Been a while.”

Katsu turns around and sees someone she hasn’t talked to in a while. The “Managerial Consortium's Public Face” of FWA.

Jon Russnow.

_IjqObooMaAyTWaxOU-NV1zrT5xkUs-dObKUH_q3daHLj7uxCUv6OznPsePphG0rKrraQLBzhQsFZ-hx_RwrRH4kfNWsGzkPAQwpt8SL0cqXyL9a7sbrHOVE6o11umutBTd_E4tGIGIto_aTdfwm3Ts

Katsu’s body language changes. Before she was confident, but now she feels a tightness in her chest, a chill down her spine. Jon clears his throat.

Jon Russnow: “I know you’ve been busy. CJW commitments, PWK, all that, and I get it. But since we’re in the country right now, I think it’s about time for us to catch up a bit. So, how about you shower, get changed, and we can-”

??? (Translated): “Excuse me?”

A voice is heard in Japanese as two people walk into frame. The first is an older man with a unique and lovely hat. PWK owner, Takaaki Kojima. Second, the person who spoke up, a Japanese man with a beard and shaved head. He has a suit on and stands above Jon in height. His suit has a pin of the CJW logo on it. The husband of Yuria Anou, Shigeki Anou. Shigeki clears his throat.

Shigeki Anou (Translated): “If you wish to speak to one of CJW’s Champions, we recommend you set an appointment.”

Jon blinks. He taps Cali on the shoulder.

Jon Russnow: “-Can you translate for me?”

Cali turns her head. Something seems off about the feelings between YDS and FWA. Jon looks perplexed.

Jon Russnow: “What’s that about?”

Shigeki Anou speaks to Katsu.

Shigeki Anou (Translated): “Katsu, do you mind going into our office after the show, Yuria and myself want to discuss your next title defence and Mr. Kojima wants to make sure everything is in place for their show tomorrow.”

Katsu looks back and forth between Russnow and the owners of her two main ‘homes’ in Japan. Stuck between two worlds. Taking a glance at her Intergalactic COSMIC Championship, Katsu takes a deep breath and goes up to Jon.

Katsu: “Sorry. Not a good time. Maybe another.”

The Kitsune Warrior walks the other way with Miyu and REO quickly following. Ririko and Cali stay a second, with Ririko following first. Cali’s the last to stay. Russnow has a look on his face of uncertainty. It is only added to when Cali whispers something in his ear and turns away, not even looking back at the man who runs the ship in FWA.
Jon blinks. He looks confused as he just mutters to himself.

Jon Russnow: “-What did we do?”

KitsuneRender.png

ui4VjMUBGXhwgdwUnK.webp

Last edited:
Reactions: Dubble J