McMahon and Ross Argument, DiBiase Jr, More

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Travis40

wrestlezone.com said:
-- Reportedly, there was an argument between Jim Ross and Vince McMahon after Raw as Ross turned down an invitation to fly on the WWE corporate jet from San Antonio to Houston for SmackDown. As noted earlier in his blog, Ross contemplated quitting WWE with his wife until 6:00 a.m Tuesday morning. Anyway, McMahon told Ross that he (Vince) risked his life on Raw and ruined his son-in-law's life for the sake of the company. Word got out on what Vince said regarding Triple H and it gave some people a chuckle considering that his move to SmackDown is greatly beneficial to his personal life.

-- Raw head writer Brian Gewirtz had an idea for Ted DiBiase, Jr. to play off his dad's legendary "Million Dollar Man" gimmick and "buy" a draft pick somehow, but the plan was shot down.

-- On the official Nu-Wrestling Evolution website, Ultimate Warrior is listed to appeared at the promotion's wrestling event at the Pabellon Principe Felipe in Zaragoza on Thursday. They don't have any match listings so it is unknown if Warrior will be appearing in a wrestling role. Orlando Jordan, Warrior's opponent in his return match earlier tonight, is also scheduled to appear in Zaragoza.

:laugh: :roflmao: Vince said that he ruined HHH's life :roflmao: that's just too damn funny.

chessarmy

Vince was just trying to make the point to JR that everyone made sacrifices in the draft. At least JR sucked it up and isn't quitting like a little bitch

Dre

Reaction score
Jim Ross needs to get it over with it. It's sad for him that he is not on RAW with Jerry Lawler no more, but he don't have to make a big deal about it. It's just Blue IMO to want to quit over that.

J

Lmao...If sending someone to Smackdown ruins there life...Imagine what sending someone with an illustrius career like Triple H to ECW does...Oh wait...We aleady know...*Cough* Chris Benoit *Cough*...>_<...

Romo Is God

Reaction score
:roll1:

Is that Ryan Clark again? Damn him, and damn all of you for believing that crock of shit.

HHHforever

Reaction score
I still think that JR should have been consulted ahead of time before getting moved. Vince was going to do what he was going to do either way, but JR should have at least known ahead of time that his life was about to change in a big way. He's a HUGE part of this company and I think after a couple weeks of Michael Cole on Raw a lot of people are going to realize that. Knowing the kind of guy that JR is if he had been told about the move prior to Monday he would have accepted it and acted with more professionalism on the show. I blame VKM for this one.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
JR's ego is not unlike JR himself: it's big enough to have its own gravitational pull. The fact that he showed even the SLIGHTEST bit of distaste for his new assignment just took virtually all respect I once had for him. You don't see Matt bitching even though he got drafted to ECW. You don't see Londrick bitching for being treated worse than local talent jobbers and then being split up. JR cares more about himself and his stupid little ego trip that "RAW is the REAL show and Smackdown is the B brand!" than what is best for the company during its fairly major slump. Suck down your Oklahoma BBQ sauce and shut the hell up, Jimbo.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
:roll1:

Is that Ryan Clark again? Damn him, and damn all of you for believing that crock of shit.

Both Clark and Matt Boone can go to hell.

Anytime I see either of their names on a by-line I know its full of shit.

HHHforever

Reaction score
JR's ego is not unlike JR himself: it's big enough to have its own gravitational pull. The fact that he showed even the SLIGHTEST bit of distaste for his new assignment just took virtually all respect I once had for him. You don't see Matt bitching even though he got drafted to ECW. You don't see Londrick bitching for being treated worse than local talent jobbers and then being split up. JR cares more about himself and his stupid little ego trip that "RAW is the REAL show and Smackdown is the B brand!" than what is best for the company during its fairly major slump. Suck down your Oklahoma BBQ sauce and shut the hell up, Jimbo.

The guy is a fucking institution as far as wrestling announcers are concerned and particularly Monday Night Raw. He is the voice of Raw. He's battled several health issues throughout his tenure and really doesn't work hardly at all. He's a pretty old guy. Him and King are great friends and he's very close to a lot of people at Raw. To just upping move him without talking to him first and just surprising him live on national TV I don't know what the fuck you expected.

Like I've said before he's friends with Mick and probably doesn't mind working with him and if they had told him before hand he probably would have been a little pissed but he would have gotten over it longggg before going on TV. The move was going to be made either way and JR wants a pay check so he was going no matter what, it's just wrong imo to not have told him about it prior to the show.

You rip Todd Grisham off Raw and move him to SD! without talking to him first, but not JR. I guarentee you that Punk, Kennedy, HHH, Myseterio, Batista and a couple other big names all knew they were getting moved prior to going onto live TV. The same should have gone for JR.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I like JR too, but he's employed with the WWE. That means he does whatever he's damned well told, and if he doesn't like it he knows where the door is.

HHHforever

Reaction score
I like JR too, but he's employed with the WWE. That means he does whatever he's damned well told, and if he doesn't like it he knows where the door is.

I completely agree and I still contend he'd have had no problem with the move if he had known about it prior to being told on live tv. I don't necissarily disagree with the move, just about the way they did it.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Yeah i think he should have been told before the move to. But from what ive been reading not many ppl were told in advance Rey wasn't and isn't happy. Dont think tista was told i wouldn't be surprised if only trips was the only person who knew. Oh and taker because i think he will come back and it will be on Raw and not smack down.

Qwake

JR = the man :yes:

It would suck to have been a commentator on RAW your whole career (i think) with Lawler alot of the time and then be shifted over to smackdown!

same thing with Micheal Cole, SD his whole career and then is moved to RAW...They should have had King get dratfed to SD and Mick Foley to RAW, that would have been much better!

Reaction score
Lmao...If sending someone to Smackdown ruins there life...Imagine what sending someone with an illustrius career like Triple H to ECW does...Oh wait...We aleady know...*Cough* Chris Benoit *Cough*...>_<...

Post of the year hahahaha

i don't get why going to smackdown is so terrible though, i mean its not the top show but it looks like it could be getting better with the roster changes.