McIntyre new gimmick at a House Show in Honduras

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Ezekiel Jackson def Drew Mcyntire (Drew started a new sexually ambiguous gimmick, kissing the guys in the crowd and undoing his hair and started combing it mid match). Cody Rhodes interfered afterwards nailing Crossroads on Zeke.

Thoughts on his new gimmick?

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
If he starts wrapping himself in yellow tape and spraying white cream all over himself, I'm getting off the Drew train.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
If you had any hope for this guy and his career then well it's time to give that up because he's clearly set up to fail here.

Aniking

Reaction score
If his gimmick was just to be a pretty boy, I'd be fine with it. This gimmick sounds too much like Orlando Jordan's, which was controversial due to how homosexuality still isn't entirely accepted.

I don't see this gimmick helping McIntyre, in fact it'll hinder him. Surely the WWE could've come up with something better for him, because frankly this isn't good enough.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
This gimmick will be horrible when I see it, but at least at the moment I can have fun imagining this.

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
If he's to be a heel, than this is the perfect gimmick to have. There's nothing that'll get him heat more than blatantly flaunting homosexuality and feminism. The problem is the WWE doesn't know how to pull it off, which means they'll fail miserably and ultimately fail Drew's career.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
^^ I would hate to think that WWE are serious about ths gimmick as a way to launch him as a heel. Sometimes heel heat can go wrong, see Muhammad Hassan.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
sounds gay.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
If he's to be a heel, than this is the perfect gimmick to have. There's nothing that'll get him heat more than blatantly flaunting homosexuality and feminism. The problem is the WWE doesn't know how to pull it off, which means they'll fail miserably and ultimately fail Drew's career.

They pulled it off with Goldust and many years before with Adrian Adonis. More recently they had Billy and Chuck which worked until they did the wedding angle so WWE have booked it successfully before. I guess it could work for Drew but I can't see it working because he is nothing at the moment so fans won't care about him or his gimmick until he starts winning.

On a side note I don't know why ever gay character has to be a heel, says something about the fanbase.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I just had a thought... I imagine this Drew gimmick to be like if Billy and Chuck morphed together into one person. Or a Val Venis that doesn't really work.

You know, I've often heard people talk about Vince's alleged fetish-like fascination with exploring an incest angle, evidenced by the originally planned premise for Paul Birchull (the guy who's name I always forget how to pronounce) and Katie Lea, the angle a few years back where they teased Triple H to be Vince's biological son (turned out to be Honrswoggle), and I think a thing involving Ken Shamrock. But I swear Vince must be into the gay stuff too, an interesting man indeed.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

But then again, maybe this sort of knowledge is practical. For instance, for the people wondering what direction Triple H will take the company when he inevitably takes over, all you'd have to do is ask Stephanie what goes on in the bedroom.

Greatest analysis ever.

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I just had a thought... I imagine this Drew gimmick to be like if Billy and Chuck morphed together into one person. Or a Val Venis that doesn't really work.

I will wait to see what it is like on television, if it even makes it that far, before I can compare it to them.

Defiant-sensei said:
You know, I've often heard people talk about Vince's alleged fetish-like fascination with exploring an incest angle, evidenced by the originlyal planned premise for Paul Birchull (the guy who's name I always forget how to pronounce) and Katie Lea, the angle a few years back where they teased Triple H to be Vince's biological son (turned out to be Honrswoggle), and I think a thing involving Ken Shamrock. But I swear Vince must be into the gay stuff too, an interesting man indeed.

Remember Vince even pitched an incest angle between him and Stephanie! Thankfully she said no.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I think I'm going to have to kill innocent people if I see this on my TV.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Like I said in the shoutbox yesterday, just release him already. When they put Drew back on Smackdown, they could've easily gone back to the old Drew McIntyre character he debuted with on Smackdown. But instead, he's become a jobber and now he's got a gimmick which sounds really crap.

JMobile

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
I gave up on Drew the moment he picked up a mic and spoke in it. Now this? The only way to get him back on the card if he got into some stable(which nothing exist really) or team up with Shaemus some how. This is just too sad, really.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
^^ I would hate to think that WWE are serious about ths gimmick as a way to launch him as a heel. Sometimes heel heat can go wrong, see Muhammad Hassan.

That was just unfortunate timing the character works fine see Iron Shiek.

I've never recalled any homosexual character working in wrestling closest was Gorgeous George and that wasn't so gay as this character sounds.