Matt Morgan soon to debut

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Switchy

Reaction score
Credit: Wrestlezone

Booker T was originally scheduled to make the saves for Traci Brooks but management had decided to place Matt Morgan in his place instead. TNA is apparently laying the foundation for Matt Morgan's in ring debut.

Previously, Vince Russo had been pushing for Matt Morgan to get in the ring however, Jim Cornette and Jeff Jarrett have interceded and are more interested in getting Morgan over on the mic before they showcase his in-ring skills.

TNA has been happy with the feedback from the fans with respect to Matt Morgan as they are seeing a slow build for his debut instead of hot shotting him into his first match and then having him get lost in the shuffle. Just a few months ago, several sites had speculated that Joe would be the first opponent for Morgan seeing his involvement with the Christian/Joe Story line. TNA continued to tease this confrontation at the last set of tapings and the fans responded in kind by chanting "Kill Him" in support of Morgan.

As of this writing, the plans that are in motion right now is to continue to have Morgan work the mic and be built as a huge baby face and then within the next two months have Morgan make his In ring debut at that months PPV.

Good choice by TNA I'm a fan of Matt morgan and think he could be built up as quite a fan favourite quickly and by the looks of things he could be having a feud with Robert Roode if this Ms Brooks thing continues which would be good for both Morgan and Roode.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
I've only seen him on smackdown where he had that crappy gimmick and was Carlito's guard. Other than that, it will be great to see him finally debut, he is a great wrestler.

Christian

Reaction score
I've only seen him on smackdown where he had that crappy gimmick and was Carlito's guard. Other than that, it will be great to see him finally debut, he is a great wrestler.

what? that wasnt matt morgan. matt morgan was the guy who teamed up with nathan jones (whos a fucking beast btw) and teamed with angle(?) i think it was angle

Angryphilip2

Reaction score
what? that wasnt matt morgan. matt morgan was the guy who teamed up with nathan jones (whos a fucking beast btw) and teamed with angle(?) i think it was angle

he was with carltio, you cant tell me you don't remember the stuttering gimmick

J

^^Yea it was so damn gay...bad use of Morgan...Although they did use him right in the Angle team thing...but hopefully TNA will use him right...

phantomgerald

I never really liked Morgan last time, but this gimmick and personality he's developing in TNA is interesting and makes me sort of interested in knowing how it plays out.

Reaction score
Matt Morgan seems to be doing well.
I'm glad he hasn't immediately jumped in the ring.
I like how he's been doing well on the mic and being the iMPACT Bodyguard...

Nancy Di Loreto

Reaction score
Well, Morgan's a beast for sure, so it'll be interesting to see how a feud with Joe pans out, although no matter who comes out of it the victor, people will still be on TNA's case about wanting Joe to hold the TNA World Title, despite the fact that he single-handedly helped Angle become even bigger than we could he could get...

Oh and by the way, Carlito's bodyguard was Jesus (Aaron Aguilera), who wrestled with Kaos in WSX not too long ago...

MJ807

Reaction score
Well, Morgan's a beast for sure, so it'll be interesting to see how a feud with Joe pans out, although no matter who comes out of it the victor, people will still be on TNA's case about wanting Joe to hold the TNA World Title, despite the fact that he single-handedly helped Angle become even bigger than we could he could get...

Oh and by the way, Carlito's bodyguard was Jesus (Aaron Aguilera), who wrestled with Kaos in WSX not too long ago...

And after Jesus left it was Matt Morgan he was there for like 3 months and he f-5'ed the Big Show through the announce table. And then Carlito was drafted to Raw and Matt was released.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

the f5 was a go at lesnar saying that other people can f5 the big show

chessarmy

I think it was a good idea to work on his charisma before he steps in the ring. I havn't seen much of Morgan (the last time I saw him in the ring was his Blue studdering gimmick) and I remember him as being ok in the ring. Anyway, I hope he does well in TNA

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

russo will eventually find some way to fuck him up though

Timmy T

Reaction score
I dunno, I don't know that they will match him up with Roode, because of the whole Booker angle, but if they do I hope they actually put some umph behind it, not just a week or so's push because I think Roode is the most underrated guy they have on that roster.