Matt Hughes To Fight Again?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
[video=youtube;6pHWrJjUSq4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6pHWrJjUSq4[/video]

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
His last fight was against Koscheck, right? That was a pretty sorry fight for him, so one more fight against a slightly less capable opponent, someone like Jake Shields, I'd be for it. Just so he can go out on a high note, and not an embarrassment.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
His last fight was against Koscheck, right? That was a pretty sorry fight for him, so one more fight against a slightly less capable opponent, someone like Jake Shields, I'd be for it. Just so he can go out on a high note, and not an embarrassment.

I would think someone less than Shields. Someone close to being fired, so either way Hughes goes out on a high or someone saves his job.

Swinny

Reaction score
I would think someone less than Shields. Someone close to being fired, so either way Hughes goes out on a high or someone saves his job.

Well, Shields would be close to being fired if he loses to Akiyama, which I don't see happening anyway. I'd like to see Chris Lytle come back for one more fight and face Hughes, really wouldn't be anything to lose for him.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
Well, Shields would be close to being fired if he loses to Akiyama, which I don't see happening anyway. I'd like to see Chris Lytle come back for one more fight and face Hughes, really wouldn't be anything to lose for him.

True, both men could go out on a high. Catchweight bout I presume?

Swinny

Reaction score
True, both men could go out on a high. Catchweight bout I presume?

No, they both fight at welterweight. Fought before, actually (which I didn't realize when I first posted, lol. Still could be good though).

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
No, they both fight at welterweight. Fought before, actually (which I didn't realize when I first posted, lol. Still could be good though).

I don't think that either man would be willing to cut to 170, both are big welterweights.

Swinny

Reaction score
I don't think that either man would be willing to cut to 170, both are big welterweights.

I wouldn't call Matt Hughes a big welterweight and they've both been cutting to 170 their whole careers with no problems, why would it stop now?

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
I wouldn't call Matt Hughes a big welterweight and they've both been cutting to 170 their whole careers with no problems, why would it stop now?

Leben hasn't been training hard in roughly four months and had his last fights at middleweight. Hughes hasn't fought since September.

I could see cutting weight being very hard for the two.

Swinny

Reaction score
Leben hasn't been training hard in roughly four months and had his last fights at middleweight. Hughes hasn't fought since September.

I could see cutting weight being very hard for the two.

Lytle dude, not Leben. Lytle. :tongue1:

Swinny

Reaction score
I really don't think Hughes cuts much weight at all and like I said he has always fought at welterweight his whole career without a problem, I don't see why one more fight would be an issue.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
I really don't think Hughes cuts much weight at all and like I said he has always fought at welterweight his whole career without a problem, I don't see why one more fight would be an issue.

Because he's probably unfit at the moment. I think to hold off on the fight until late Summer to get him back to his best (well, his best at his age now).

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
You might be overexaggerating the difficulty of cutting weight. Hughes has got men standing by to help him get to 170 on demand. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
You might be overexaggerating the difficulty of cutting weight. Hughes has got men standing by to help him get to 170 on demand. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

All I'm saying is that catchweight would be easier. It would stop him draining himself in the lead up to the fight. If he's not training hard, he's not going to be 170 lbs.