Matt Hardy's return

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

1chiban

Reaction score
Is it me, or did Matt Hardy's return suck? First of all, he makes his big comeback match on Raw and loses. And then on Smackdown, he's put straight in with MVP - that match should have been saved for a PPV or something, unless Matt will get a US Title shot now? Plus, is it me, or were you highly disappointed by the Hardy-MVP match itself - I'm not sure whether either are ever going to go further than the lower midcard to be honest. Poor match, porr psychology, botches galore. Not good.

Thoughts?

Wrestling Station

Matt Hardy wont get a better come back scenario coz he is just another mid-carder. What were you thinking man? lol..

He came back to lose to Orton (to solidify Orton). Wins the match against MVP (to wound the previous loss).

And him appearing in the ladder match wasnt a pop up or anything, he looked like a squirell that came fast and pose for 5 secs then left from the back door.

Nothing special about him to get a special come back or anything.

King Of Kings

Reaction score
I liked his comeback at wrestlemania but him loseing on raw was stupid.

phantomgerald

^^^ I disagree, he was on a roll before his injury, he more than deserve a run with the US title and then depending on how it goes, elevate to ME status. Even during his injury, WWE was trying to keep him invloved with the ORton/Jeff storyline and I think they really dropped the ball on this one.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Hardy losing to Orton was pretty obvious, if he beat both Cena and HHH cleanly the night before, it doesn't look like he'll lose to lowly Matt Hardy. I'm still loving his feud with MVP even though I don't watch SD regularly, it hasn't gotten stale in the long time they've been feuding.

Alcoholic

Reaction score
Matt Hardy's return was somewhat expected at Mania. It got a huge pop and immediately put Hardy back on the map. It was no surprise he lost on Raw to the WWE Champ, after all, Orton's being booked to look very strong at this point and that match only solidified him as a credible WWE champ. Hardy going over MVP clean puts him right back in the race for the US championship and I expect these two (MVP and Hardy) to finally do battle over the US Title at Backlash, with Hardy probably finally going over.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
Matt Hardy's return was somewhat expected at Mania. It got a huge pop and immediately put Hardy back on the map. It was no surprise he lost on Raw to the WWE Champ, after all, Orton's being booked to look very strong at this point and that match only solidified him as a credible WWE champ. Hardy going over MVP clean puts him right[g] back in the race[/b] for the US championship and I expect these two (MVP and Hardy) to finally do battle over the US Title at Backlash, with Hardy probably finally going over.

There was a race for the US championship? To me it looked like no one else wants to challenge for it but Matt Hardy

John

i apsolutely hated Matt Hardy before he was injured but since he returned i am pleased to say, he's a good wrestler. i enjoyed his match with orton on raw and his match on sd with MVP was a memorable match for smackdown. im glad that Matt Hardy is back and wrestling on smackdown.

The Mac

Reaction score
Hes just Matt Hardy, he doesnt need a big return. All he is there for is to end MVP's reign.

the dark knight

his return was as good as it can ever be. he's matt hardy.......are you really expecting a save_us.v1 return?

the thing at mania was nicely timed and got him some cheers. his attack on randy, on raw was the same. he pretty much dominated randy in their match, so losing wont really affect his credibility as a US title contender. then on smackdown he BEAT mvp...what more do you want? unless you want him to win the wwe title, there's nothing more to ask for.

1chiban

Reaction score
I mean the match itself. On a lot of peoples watches, MVP vs Matt Hardy was a very entertaining feud. I can understand the Orton thingy to a certain extent, but to put him straight in against MVP. Some run ins and stuff wouldve be better to start with, then have a 1 on 1 for Hardy to win a title shot, which he'll have at Backlash.

The Mac

Reaction score
Yeah but if Matt didnt get that thingy (injury or something) he would have took the title off MVP at Armageddon. Best to just throw him right back in where he left off.

fteezy

Reaction score
it's the WWE's fault.. they aren't using Matt Hardy right at all. They're always burying the good characters.

King Of Kings

Reaction score
Hardy losing to Orton was pretty obvious, if he beat both Cena and HHH cleanly the night before, it doesn't look like he'll lose to lowly Matt Hardy. I'm still loving his feud with MVP even though I don't watch SD regularly, it hasn't gotten stale in the long time they've been feuding.

True, they should have waited a bit not do it right after wrestlemania.