Matt Hardy

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Qwake

Does anybody think that Matt could some day be the WWE/World Champion? Most people always say that Vince has never done much for Matt but lately he has done alot for him, he gave him the US title awhile back, he then gave him the ECW title, Matt has now just finished feuding with his brother Jeff and overall Matt won (he attacked Jeff for all that time and won the extreme rules and stretcher match, he lost the last match though). Matt is now on RAW after being drafted their and even though he has broken his hand (I'm pretty sure its a legit injury) Vince has still decided to keep him on TV and bring in heat by winning by using his cast as a weapon. I think Vince is trying to keep Matt on TV which shows he must have alot planned out for him and has big things in mind for Hardy.

So what do you guys think, do you think that Vince could be serious with Matt this time and could build him up to eventually make Matt Champion or be a top contender or do you think Matt will just hang around the current position he is in? Thoughts on Hardy overall?

seX-Power

I like Matt, as my sig says, and I just find him to be very well rounded and quite underrated by the IWC as he can put on good matches and cut good promos on some occasions.

As for his title chances, I think it's now or never. Matt is at his peak of the last few years and he is on a big enough role to cement himself as at least an upper mid carder. He better hope nobody turns heel right now as that would put him even lower down the ladder, but I could see him eventually getting a short 1-2 month proving reign in late 2009 or early 2010. I could see Vince doing this and all Matt really needs is the crowd to get more behind his heel charachter.

MikeRaw

Sadly, I don't see him ever becoming World Champ. Do I think he has the ability to? Sure. If Jeff can, Matt can. Matt is just as good in the ring as Jeff, if not better, and probably better on the mic to. However, I don't think he will because I just don't see WWE doing it. They've had many chances to do so. If they wanted him to be world champ, they would've done so on SD back a year and a bit ago, before Triple H went there, when there was a lack of a main event face, and tons of openings. Now that he's on Raw, his chances are even less.

Reaction score
Matt has been on a roll ever since he won the US title from MVP and he continues to get better...... I believe the WWE is very high on hardy and will give him the chance to run with the ball.... Critics said Eddie guerrero, benoit and Jeff Hardy would never be world champions and they were wrong

LKP

I think that Matt Hardy can be a champion for sure. A few people have become champion that should not have. A few spring to mind, khali, rey mysterio and david arquette. I mean Matt has been in wwe for over 10 years, he has sold t shirts arenas with the hardy boys. He has put his body on the line for a lot of his career and loves the business. Why not have him champion? He pulls off the heel guy very well and i think given the right opponent and booking Matt Hardy can be a good world champion.

davidian13

Reaction score
Prior to his heel turn at the Rumble i woulve said no. Thats not to say he didnt deserve a push because he does IMO but at the time Matt just seemed like hed be a midcarder for life. Now post mania, with a few wins over one of the most over faces in the company, and an obvious attire change, I think Matt will be a future world champion. I think a feud with HBK will officially put Hardy on the map and solidify him as a top player. I dont think a world title run will happen this year but i wouldnt necessarily rule it out either.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Well TBH up until i saw him live last month then i would have said no way. But He did wicked at the house show i went to. There was Matt/Umaga VS Taker/Jeff Hardy and Matt was awesome he wrestled like it was a taping for a live show. And he got a lot of heel heat more so than umaga. I really think he has the potential to be a world champ even though it maybe only as a transitional champ. He has got the ability to be wwe/Heavy weight champ at some point in his career. Not neccaserily this year but at some point.

straight_edge76

I do not see him winning a world title in 2009 but he will feud near the top of the card, I want to see a Cena/Hardy feud. Matt Hardy always has the "Heel swagger" imo ever since his "Version 1" character in 2002 I always thought he could be a great heel much like "Olympic Hero" Angle in 2000. He has just the rare ability to make a crowd hate him but love what he can do in the ring.

Kaedon

Reaction score
He could easily get the DDP role. A good transitional champion. But as far as being a real money draw? I dont know. I guess we'd have to see him in big match situations first, because so far, he's had NONE.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I actually think he could. He's gotten better since his heel turn. He could very well be a top heel on RAW, as of right now he's the 3rd top behind Orton and Big Show.

But in order to get there, he has Orton, Big Show, Triple H, Tista, and Cena and possibly MVP to go through.

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
Well he just jobbed cleanly to Kofi on RAW, so chances are he isn't going to be a world champ any time soon. Sure he has the potential to be, so do so many other guys on the roster. Problem is I don't think anyone booking really see how good he could be. Can he champion? Yes

Will be champion? Probably Not.

Reaction score
Yeah matt just needs a guy like HBK or another top Main eventer to put Matt over and give him credibilty and once that happens, Matt can chase after the world title

aufman

Reaction score
Nope, Matt will NEVER EVER be a world champion. Only Jeff gets that honor for Jeff is SUPERIOR to Matt and Vince loves Jeff. This is the beginning of Matt's downfall and descent into obscurity and early premature retirement. Jeff will have a much longer career and will be the LONE and SUPERIOR Hardy.

Balance in the universe will be truly restored when Jeff is the ONLY HARDY of Wrestling. Jeff will wrestle for many decades to come and he will have an injury free career.

noumenon

I'm kind of torn on this one. Had Matt stayed on Smackdown, with his new found gimmick and everything I'de say definately yes. Now that he's on RAW which is fuckin bogged down with egos and main event talent I'm not really sure. It seems like they are interested in pushing Matt to some degree.
The problem with Matt, as I believe someone else may have already stated is that he has never had a feud with a legit main eventer. It seems as if Cena will be away from the title picture for some time now so there is no reason to see what him and Hardy can do together. Sadly, I don't think Matt will see a World Title this year, or as long as he's on RAW. Hopefully he will begin to stand out on RAW and heal quickly from his broken hand. I've always preferred Matt over Jeff and would really love to see him get his chance in the main event. I really think Matt could fill Jericho's shoes over on RAW as a great heel who occassionaly steps into title matches.