Matt Hardy want's Edge

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Matt Hardy told the Miami Herald in an interview last week that his goal is to become a singles world champion and get a program with Edge. He admitted that he needs to develop a more in-depth personality and needs more mic time to be seen as a star. Hardy sees his in-ring skills and mechanics as ready. During the interview he also praised the return of his brother.

Great One

That's a really good attitude, IMO, I think he could definitely 'win the big one'.

Oasis

Reaction score
That's awesome, I can't wait to see Matt main eventing

Edge_Foreva

Reaction score
Awesome to see he wants to be champion. Also good attitude, if you want to be champion you have work hard for it. I would really enjoy an Edge-Hardy angle later on.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I've been waiting for Matt to main event for a while now, he has a huge fan base and he deserves it. I think that both Hardys should main event after the draft.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
ok that's finally a good thing, in 2005 m.hardy-edge was an very good feud with awesome matches,even if they repeat it, it's going to be great, this time is not for lita but for the title

King_Ash

Reaction score
Deserves to be up there for sure. Although he does need to work on his mic skills just a tiny bit

MikeRaw

Sweet!Hes definately working his way up there.He's a great guy,great wrestler and only thing holding him back is mic skills.However hes been talking on the mic lately in the ring it look like WWE is seeing how he can do it...

Rated RJC

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of either Hardy but if i had too choose Matt's better, that being said another Edge/Matt feud would be a nice little filler before Kennedy returns.

This Guy

Edge has said that he would love to work a program with Matt for the World Title as well. Despite all the friction from the Lita afair, the two have been total pros with eachother since day 1. They certainly aren't friends, but they know that they work well together and that they draw money together. The WWE needs more talent like these two who are willing to put there personal ego's in check for the betterment of the company and the product.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I am still of the belief that there is more fiction than fact in the entire Lita/Matt/Edge bit.

The initial incident was probably true, but the resulting firing, etc. I swear it's all a work.

3lions

Reaction score
Edge has said that he would love to work a program with Matt for the World Title as well. Despite all the friction from the Lita afair, the two have been total pros with eachother since day 1. They certainly aren't friends, but they know that they work well together and that they draw money together. The WWE needs more talent like these two who are willing to put there personal ego's in check for the betterment of the company and the product.
Good point This Guy. It is well documented that these guys don't like eachother, but they have worked great with eachother since Matt returned to the company, putting their differences to one side for the company's benefit. It's a shame more top stars don't have this attitude.

As for Matt, 'his time' was in 2005 (when he returned to the company), but WWE dropped the ball with him. However, Matt has now got a second chance to make it big in WWE. I find it intersting that JBL is constantly putting Matt over as a potential ME star in his commentaries on SD! and only a couple of weeks ago he said that Matt may well be the most popular single's wrestler in the entire company, currently. I agree with those sentiments. Matt's in-ring ability is very underrated and he could easily be transformed into a legitimate ME player, given the right opponent(s) and booking. Also, his mic skills need to be improved (obviously) and his general gimmick needs to be updated. The V1/Will Not Die gimmick's were perfect for him.