Matt Hardy vs WWE-TE Cast

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
Kurt Angle Being Investigated For Steroids

SportsIllustrated.com has added a detailed story today concerning the recent allegation of steroid/HGH sales at Florida's Palm Beach Rejuvenation Center. Last week the story broke when a number of professional athletes were listed as customers. In today’s article Sports Illustrated lists TNA star Kurt Angle to the list of people being investigated. They write:

"Kurt Angle, a 1996 Olympic gold-medal-winning freestyle wrestler and now a star professional wrestler, received two prescriptions for trenbolone and one for nandrolone between October 2004 and February '05. (Angle did not return messages left with his spokesman.)"

Both of these drugs are steroids and were filled during the time he was in WWE.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
This is pretty funny.

I bet Vince is very glad he's no longer associated with his company anymore.

3lions

Reaction score
Is no surprise really. This was during the period where he was having neck problems (I believe) and was trying to fast track his return to the ring.

Markz

Reaction score
As I have said before, wrestlers taking drugs is like them pissing on the people who work so hard to get into shape and try to main event. Kurt is no surprise he pisses on everyone, verbally and now doing this.

Reaction score
Vince is probably stoked he has nothing to do with angle anymore. i guess its true then, the wellness program in the WWE is bullshit.

Great One

Um... if he really did take steroids Vince is probably the one who helped motivate him to...

Soulpower

Can't say I'm surprised... With all the injuries Angle has had it would be easy for him to start using steroids to try to null the pain and continue wrestling, but still this is something that will come back to haunt him eventually... Just look at what happened to Dynamite Kid.

Reaction score
^^ good point, sp. and great one, i know... i meant that the rumor of vince allowing the wrestlers he wnated to be successful to use steroids true

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
Vince is probably stoked he has nothing to do with angle anymore. i guess its true then, the wellness program in the WWE is bullshit.

The Wellness Program wasn't put into play until a couple months after Eddie Guerrero's death which was between December 05' and Febuary 06' (can't tell you off the top of my head which month it really was put into play)

TheAnswer

Reaction score
Im not surprised either. Was I the only one to notice how much his voice has changed since 2000. And how much more muscle mass he has since joining in 2000. Angle was so obviously on steroids......

Great One

The Wellness Program wasn't put into play until a couple months after Eddie Guerrero's death which was between December 05' and Febuary 06' (can't tell you off the top of my head which month it really was put into play)
I wasn't only referring to you and Osama is correct that the Wellness Problem was only put into effect around Eddie Guerrero's time of death. TheAnswer also has a good point which I forgot to bring up and have mentioned before of how much Angle's voice has changed over the past few years.

xtremebadass

HA! Real American Hero my ass, he is going to turn out just like Barry Bonds, however he is not on roids now, he doesn't look like it atleast

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
Here is a follow up on the story posted earlier about Kurt Angle being linked to steroids in a sting focused on the Palm Beach Rejuvenation Center. Angle was one of many star athletes named in the sting as clients of the center.

Dave Meltzer reports that Angle failed a steroid test for nandralone (decadurabolin) prior to being released by WWE last year. At the time, WWE suspended Angle for 30 days and he and WWE later had a falling out, opening the door for him to go to TNA. Nandralone is one of the drugs that the report claims Angle got through the center between October 2004 and February 2005.

If Angle was using the drugs, it may not have been illegal since he had a prescription for them. The only legal reason to prescribe steroids is for medical reasons and most athletes (and wrestlers) could get prescriptions for steroids, claiming they use them to rehabilitate injuries. Of course, WWE allows its wrestlers to use steroids for medical reasons, something other sports organizations and worldwide competitions (ie the Olympics) don't allow.

Kurt Angle is also being mentioned in the Associated Press story that will likely appear in many newspapers and other media outlets throughout the week. TNA or WWE are not mentioned in the stories as the article mainly plays up the fact that he won an Olympic Gold Medal.

from:: http://wrestlingattitude.com/index2.php under the headline ''More On Kurt Angle's Steroid Bust, & More ''

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Man I cannot wait to hear what he has to say about this the next time he goes on bubba the love sponge(or whatever it's called)

This Guy

what I find funny about this, is I'm convinced Angle only can still get in the ring and do what he does because of drugs. TNA has no drug policy. So even though I know Angle will purposly screw over any chance he has to get into MMA because he doesn't really want to, if he did, how the hell does he expect to ever get a good record when he would be dqed after every fight even if he did win (which he probably wouldn't) for failing the drug tests?

Wrestling Station

Vince take steriods himself guys!!
Look at hogan he's 60 years and still big! and also Bruno Samartino revealed the truth about Hogan as the biggest steriod'er' in the wrestling business.