Matt Hardy Fired with a DWI Charge Parting Gift

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

NinoBrown

Reaction score
TNA has announced that it has released Matt Hardy from his contract with the company.

In a posting on its website, the company stated that, "TNA today released IMPACT WRESTLING star Matt Hardy from its roster. Hardy was already under suspension from the company."

Hardy had been with TNA since the beginning of 2011, debuting at the Genesis pay-per-view on January 9. During his run in TNA, Matt had been part of Immortal alongside his brother, Jeff Hardy. Hardy's feuds in TNA primarily focused on the running battle between Immortal and Fortune, as well as a run against fellow WWE alumnus Rob Van Dam.

In June, Hardy announced that he was taking time away from the ring. In a Twitter posting on June 19, 2011, Hardy stated, "between dates, injuries, & outside issues, I'm gonna have a few week off & I'm ecstatic! The Matt Hardy Movement is going into full effect!"

Hardy came to TNA after a lengthy run in WWE, which ended in October 2010 following a social media campaign to be released from his contract.

The news of Hardy's release came soon after news broke on Saturday that Hardy had been arrested with a DWI charge

I've honestly forgotten that he was in TNA, I saw those videos of him and Jeff awhile ago. That shit is sad and pathetic like Matt in that magician's jacket in his last few years in the WWE.

Reaction score
Can't wait to see what @twistofweight does with this.

Seriously though, Matt is poison for any company naive enough to take him in after all the shit he's pulled, unless some indy takes him in I think Matt is done.

Reaction score
He gets fired for a DUI and they haven't offically fired the truly fucked up one? I guess it's time...this fuckin company. Matt always gets the shit end of the stick compared to his brother.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Well, Jeff hasn't repeat offended DURING his suspension (as far as we've been told, lol).

I just find it hilarious that one night Matt says he's feeling better than ever and ready to return and start his run at the TNA Heavyweight Championship... and the very next night he's wrapped around a tree and supposedly intoxicated.

I swear the Hardy's think they're Charlie Sheen...

Reaction score
He showed up to a PPV MAIN EVENT FUCKING HIGH. He is currently facing FELONY DRUG CHARGES. His drug abuse is well documented and he's had countless chances while Matt usually gets shat on and thrown out, it isn't fair. Not that I care for either, but c'mon for fucks sake.

Airfixx

Reaction score
But wait.... What happened to Matt becoming world champ in TNA??? The Hardy/TNA-marks swore it was gonna happen, damn-it!

I demand he be re-instated....

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Eznos right though. Matt ALWAYS gets the short end of the deal. Plus now Jeff is saying that hes coming back to TNA within the next few weeks. What kinda horseshit is that? They fire Matt, who didnt really do anything even close to what Jeff has done, the fucking blood test results havent even been completed yet, only to bring back Jeff days later. Thats pretty fucked up imo. Jeff is STILL facing felony charges and as said before came to a PPV main event as world champ against fucking Sting too fucked up to compete. I dont think theres any other professional wrestler in the entire world who would do that. Who cares if its TNA, its gotta be a dream come true main eventing a PPV with Sting in a world title match. Matt needs to do one thing now and thats shut the fuck up and back up what hes been saying for years

1chiban

Reaction score
Both of the Hardys are old news now. I know Jeff will still get the teenage girl screams from some, but I honestly think they have both become so irrelevant it really doesn't matter to me whether either of them are on my TV again.