Matt Hardy expresses frustration with how The Hardys are being used

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
unlike EC matt and jeff never took extended time off with zero bumps. i guess thatst he difference. well that and both E and C and bonafide single stars that don't have major flaws in their game. even prior to injury, Jeff was always a shit promo

I know all this but does Matt think that is my point

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I know all this but does Matt think that is my point
if he is as smart as he portrays himself to be, he should know all of this and know his place on the card.

I can see his point on wanting stories from his pov too. I just think Hardy stock is at all time low :( I like Matt too fwiw

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Juet wait until thr Copeland/Christian story finishes so TK can book a TLC3 with a D-Von freshly recovered from a stroke.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
If we’re being honest, Matt Hardy has always seen himself as a bigger deal than he is
I don't agree. If anything I think he was pretty underutilized/underappreciated as a singles talent throughout his career. He's honestly always been creatively excellent and a solid enough wrestler when he wasn't badly strung out. Matt Hardy V1 was awesome, pissed off 2005 Matt Hardy was awesome, his short-lived ECW heel run was awesome, Big Money Matt was awesome, Broken Matt was awesome (up to a point) and even S.C.U.M. Matt Hardy was pretty awesome. If anything I think he coulda been given a real main event push quite a bit earlier than he eventually did, and his ultimate emergence as a main eventer was all through his sheer creative will and being in the right place at the right time, where he could fully realize his creativity.

Reactions: Death By Looch

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
GASGTfjbcAAY7d3

Death By Looch

Peace, Love & Fuck You
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
Yea... when it comes to utilization, pushes and all that Matt is the Christian of the duo.

Jazz Wolf

Friendship Wolf
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shannonmoore
I do understand Matt believing he and Jeff can still offer something more than a nostalgic pop before jobbing to...

*spins wheel*

... The Righteous again, but both guys are visibly past their shelf life. Even looking aside Jeff's noted issues, it put it politely, they're best suited to doing Trios stuff with Isaiah, and I feel like they've only stuck with Isaiah for so long so when Marc Quen comes back - fun fact dude got injured over a year ago and hasn't been seen since - they can put over Private Party real good and put a bow on that storyline.

By all means he should offer as much creative input as he likes, so long as the base of it isn't some fashion of 'Get The Hardys on TV.' He clearly has a creative mind, for better or for worse, and there's a good number of younger talent who can benefit from his input and directions. So offer some suggestions for storylines and characters for Lowercard Wrestler A vs Lowercard Wrestler B, if you want to tick that 'artistic integrity' box, I guess, and help some of the struggling guys get over in a way that isn't limited to 'Attach Matt Hardy & Co To Them' otherwise we'll end up with the Hardy Family Office thing again.

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I do understand Matt believing he and Jeff can still offer something more than a nostalgic pop before jobbing to...

*spins wheel*

... The Righteous again, but both guys are visibly past their shelf life. Even looking aside Jeff's noted issues, it put it politely, they're best suited to doing Trios stuff with Isaiah, and I feel like they've only stuck with Isaiah for so long so when Marc Quen comes back - fun fact dude got injured over a year ago and hasn't been seen since - they can put over Private Party real good and put a bow on that storyline.

By all means he should offer as much creative input as he likes, so long as the base of it isn't some fashion of 'Get The Hardys on TV.' He clearly has a creative mind, for better or for worse, and there's a good number of younger talent who can benefit from his input and directions. So offer some suggestions for storylines and characters for Lowercard Wrestler A vs Lowercard Wrestler B, if you want to tick that 'artistic integrity' box, I guess, and help some of the struggling guys get over in a way that isn't limited to 'Attach Matt Hardy & Co To Them' otherwise we'll end up with the Hardy Family Office thing again.
A little late to the thread, but I had this discussion on my mind.

I think this captures my views on it the most. I was a Hardy fangirl growing up but I think it's just at a point where... Where do they go? AEW's tag division is pretty deep where even a "Franken-team" as champions still feel legit with a clear dynamic who can challenge LFI, House of Black, FTR, Lucha Bros when Fenix is back, Best Friends, The Gunns, The Bucks when they return from their storyline hiatus. All those peeps I would put higher in the tag pecking order than the Hardy's right now. Plus when the Hardy's did get use early on, yeah, Jeff fucked up with his demons again and even then, apart from an insane No DQ match with Jeff and Darby, they never stood out including one of the Bucks worst PPV matches in AEW.

They still have value. The trios idea works. Them with Zay, maybe Quen mixing it up upon return as a mentorship on screen before they eventually face off to test Private Party. But if he wants something creatively satisfying, get some ideas written down. I think an example can be related to something I remember Hardy pitched back in WWE which was never done. "The Broken Block" where him and Bray, which he wanted a better storyline of him becoming his tag partner, would have maybe 3-5 minutes on the show and they would have Broken Universe style segments with members of the roster who aren't getting TV time. Show their characters off, and have some fun, do something different. They don't need to revisit the Broken Universe since that's past its date and any chance of using it in AEW was killed when the Pandemic hit and the crowds were mostly gone. But create an idea which can somewhat capture that fun and creativity. Easier said than done, but you never know when inspiration can strike.

Reactions: Death By Looch

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'd be more than okay with Broken Universe stuff on Rampage but I'm not dying to see it on the main two shows

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I still have a soft spot for Jeff but no real desire to see him and Matt involved in a major story that would have them in the ring every week.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The hardy compound match they did with stokely this year was great for example

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Also didn’t it come out that Jeff said he wants to end his career in WWE? Like if I’m TK I just cut them both and let them do what they want. Matt’s bitching on his pod and after TK brought Jeff back after his last DUI and the dude still wants to leave?? Yeah I’d be more than happy to let them fuck off

Daddy Dom

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Britt stuff I think is in kayfabe think she's one of the devils

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o
Also didn’t it come out that Jeff said he wants to end his career in WWE? Like if I’m TK I just cut them both and let them do what they want. Matt’s bitching on his pod and after TK brought Jeff back after his last DUI and the dude still wants to leave?? Yeah I’d be more than happy to let them fuck off

The only thing I see about that was from back in 2015. Theres an article that says he cut a promo back in March stating he wanted to end his career on a high note in AEW.

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
The only thing I see about that was from back in 2015. Theres an article that says he cut a promo back in March stating he wanted to end his career on a high note in AEW.

Must be something I saw on a Facebook post and we all know how reliable those are