match type ideas, like or love?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

dstebbins

Reaction score
First off, the reason I'm putting this in the General board is because I don't see a board for general wrestling, regardless of company.

I've got quite a list of match types that I've brainstormed in this half-Blue brain of mine! I'd like to get your opinions on them.

1. Steel Man Match. This is a hardcore-rules variant of an Iron Man Match.

2. Steel Ring. The turnbuckles' padding is removed on all twelve (or 18, depending on your company) turnbuckles, the mat is covered in a sheet of steel (actually as thin and flexible as a cookie sheet, but not in kayfabe), and the ropes are replaced with steel chains. It should be noted that disqualifications ARE in play in this match; you can just use the ring as a weapon.

3. Zero Tolerance Match. This is not really a match rather than a stipulation. A heel wrestler who cheats a lot to win is put in this match by a face GM, where if a wrestler goofs one time, no matter how minor or silly the infraction is, whether the referee sees it or not, he's immediately disqualified and, if a title is on the line, he looses that too.

4. Jail Cell Match. A big, blue steel cage rests on the apron with a roof on top. This isn't the chain-link fencing that WWE uses, but the big, blue steel bars that they used to use in the 80's, with small blades on the inside to promote kayfabe bleeding. The door is chained and padlocked shut, so there's NO way in and NO way out. Each wrestler is allowed to bring one weapon of their choice into the ring, and is frisked thoroughly before the match for any additional hidden weapons. The match can only end by pinfall. In other words, submissions are no good. The only exception is if he uses a weapon other than the official weapon of choice of one of the wrestlers (for example, if a manager slips in a weapon to him, he's disqualified).

So whaddaya think?

Travis40

First off, the reason I'm putting this in the General board is because I don't see a board for general wrestling, regardless of company.

I've got quite a list of match types that I've brainstormed in this half-Blue brain of mine! I'd like to get your opinions on them.

1. Steel Man Match. This is a hardcore-rules variant of an Iron Man Match.

2. Steel Ring. The turnbuckles' padding is removed on all twelve (or 18, depending on your company) turnbuckles, the mat is covered in a sheet of steel (actually as thin and flexible as a cookie sheet, but not in kayfabe), and the ropes are replaced with steel chains. It should be noted that disqualifications ARE in play in this match; you can just use the ring as a weapon.

3. Zero Tolerance Match. This is not really a match rather than a stipulation. A heel wrestler who cheats a lot to win is put in this match by a face GM, where if a wrestler goofs one time, no matter how minor or silly the infraction is, whether the referee sees it or not, he's immediately disqualified and, if a title is on the line, he looses that too.

4. Jail Cell Match. A big, blue steel cage rests on the apron with a roof on top. This isn't the chain-link fencing that WWE uses, but the big, blue steel bars that they used to use in the 80's, with small blades on the inside to promote kayfabe bleeding. The door is chained and padlocked shut, so there's NO way in and NO way out. Each wrestler is allowed to bring one weapon of their choice into the ring, and is frisked thoroughly before the match for any additional hidden weapons. The match can only end by pinfall. In other words, submissions are no good. The only exception is if he uses a weapon other than the official weapon of choice of one of the wrestlers (for example, if a manager slips in a weapon to him, he's disqualified).

So whaddaya think?

I bet the younger fans (8-12) would like that lol, but those are some pretty good ideas, I'm not so sure about the Jail Cell Match because....it's No Holds Barred....and then it isn't...it leaves many questions unanswered. But, those are some pretty good ideas I see there.

dstebbins

Reaction score
Well, the Jail Cell Match has only one weapon per wrestler because it [kayfabe] forces wrestlers to think strategically about what they choose to bring to the ring. Does that clear it up?

Rawkus Keyes

Reaction score
I only like the zero tolerance match.
Well the other ones are fine but the zero tolerance match is the only one that stands out.

First agreeable post you've made.

Travis40

That clears it up dstebbins, thanks man...I get it now. It's a pretty good idea.

Reaction score
I wasnt aware that VInce Russo is a member of the IWC......

jk dstebbins, i Like the idea about the zero tolerance, but the other ones are just meh imho... very creatve though.

dstebbins

Reaction score
Wow, the zero tolerance was my least favorite of all the four I put up there!