Match Recommendations

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Doesn't matter what year or promotion, just recommend some matches that people may not have seen for whatever reason.

Going with the obviously biased, yet, factually great, choice.

Rowdy Roddy Piper vs Ravishing Rick Rude in a steel cage, 1989.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

No isn't a fest of pulling hair this was a match involving two ladies who up to this point hated each other. You might wonder how it came to to be in me watching this match for the first time and that's all to Zero. It was a few years ago and he and I were talking about Joshi and I wanted to see some matches about Joshi just to get my feet wet. Zero pmed this match to me and I've been a fan of Joshi ever since then. From what I've heard and researched Aja and Bull were at one point friends and partners in a stable I believe was called Jungle Jack. Obviously over time egos get in the way and Nakano went from being a friend..no a foe and you don't want Aja Kong as your foe in anyway. It could be a death sentence for that person!

From the moment these two made eyes, the war was on and boy it's brutal. I bet in Aja's mind she was the Mother of the group they were once together, it almost was her duty to put Nakano in her place. In Nakano's mind yeah I bet she had respect for Aja, but it went all out of the window when Aja wanted to kill her lol. When I first started watching this I thought yeah both are going to bleed, both are going to make love to the Cage, but I was shocked to see weapons being used to take it that next level of insanity for a Cage Match. I mean kids we even got to see Nun-Chucks being used in this match cowabunga! I never seen two ladies unleash weapons on the other with such force that it made me want to close my eyes. I mean we even saw Scissors and I'm think Bull those are used for cutting paper and such not trying to give Aja scars for life!

Just when I thought the match was already great, Bull Nakano felt like doing this

IIC0xva.gif

Amazing, and my heart still stops even for a moment, but that bump from that high could legit break your Tailbone and you'll never be the same. Even with the help of Madusa it wasn't enough for Aja to take away the title that night. Still a great match, not just a Steel Cage Match I always recommend people to watch

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Sting vs DDP from Nitro from 1999. Sting was my guy when it came to WCW and everyone knows this guy was the franchise and the guy who put WCW on his back especially when Flair left to WWE. He always was loyal to the end even though WCW treated him as an afterthought like alot of guys once the NWO started up. Still one of my favs from Sting's Career and WCW ruined it in my eyes later in the Show and if you've seen this before you know what I'm talking about.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Sareee vs Hashimoto. One if not my favorite Joshi Match of 2019 between two great talents in Sareee and Hashimoto. Hashimoto had already been Sendai Girls Champ for quite awhile by this point, and Sareee was still trying to make a name for herself in the industry. After this Match people started to talking about Sareee as a serious threat for Hashimoto's Title and people were talking about where can I see more of this girl Sareee.​

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
New Jack/Vic Grimes scaffold match.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
The 2019 MOTYC that not nearly enough people are talking about.

A god damn blistering display of stamina and durability from the top two competitors in DDT.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

I remember loving this Match and being one of my favs from 2015 and the winner would face Lesnar at that Year's Wrestlemania. Bryan beats The Fiend and Roman wins the Rumble, let's do it again fellas. ONE MORE TIME!​

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3

Fucking brutal as shit match from last year's Rebellion. Fenix damn near kills himself. I guess when you consider all the crazy fucking spots, all these guys damn near killed themselves.

IMO this is better than Bucks vs. Lucha Bros from All Out.

@Undeniable Gonna have to watch this one.

• Love
Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
EC, what is this spotfest?

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
That avatar EC is unreal. I love it.

Reactions: Hoss

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3

If any of you haven't seen this match yet... it's fucking bonkers. And that video package they did was truly amazing too. I think the guy who made it got hired by WWE already. :lol

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

If any of you haven't seen this match yet... it's fucking bonkers. And that video package they did was truly amazing too. I think the guy who made it got hired by WWE already. :lol

You know EC maybe over a Year or so ago Ed and I had a conversation I believe in the Progress Thread and David Starr was brought up. I told him I love David Starr, but I wished he got away from goofy stuff he was doing with Progress at that time. This was probably 2017ish, and I now I see this greatness and I'm I like fuck me how did I miss this stuff from him? He's a Phila boy so you imagine I'll be behind him hard right off the bat, but his work got lost in the shuffle of all the other Companies I follow I guess. I'm happy to see that he's getting noticed hard right now and how can you not like him and Devlin after that war of a Match. Security needed before the Bell made me think of a Boxing atmosphere for sure who knew these guys could get this feud so hot. Bonkers is a perfect way to point it, from start to finish this was lovely.

Two of my favorite Puro Wrestlers of all time. Safe to say I would drink these guys bath Water :lol

People don't understand how hard hitting KENTA was in his prime, dude did not give a fuck about being stiff. He was on a level of his own I feel back in the day, and he comes from that old school way to be stiff and go for it and he damn sure did when he went up against a Icon in Kenta Kobashi.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Akira Hokuto vs Shinobu Kandori[4/2/1993]

Monday Night boys and girls and it's been past the time for a update and I'm bring you two great..and I DO MEAN GREAT Matches with Hokuto and Kandori from 1993. I never seen before going into these Matches up until last Year as well as Kandori, but I can see how much I love in Meiko in her style in Kandori. Kandori's face could burn melt, you're not going to intimidate this lady, she'll punch you in the mouth and knock out all your teeth and put them in a Paper Bag and send you on your way. Early on Akira wanted to use that same tactic and mere seconds later Akira is screaming on the outside because Shinobu put her in a world of hurt on her Arm. I don't know if it was a legit injury, or her really selling it like a Champ because the fans took it as I did, and it was that Akira was really hurt. These Matches are extremely physical, you won't see that type of style outside of Kairi, Io and Asuka in the WWE to be honest.

You aren't going to see a girl wallop another girl in a Match and not complain about it. Their alot of crazy spots in this Match especially early with Shinobu Tombstoning Akira on top of a Table is that LADY NUTS OR WHAT!? I'm not going to call either of these ladies nuts unless I'm a State away and due to the Tombstone Akira is busted open! It's a scary sight when you watch this Match, it's pouring down her face and I've seen victims in Car Accidents who had better injuries than the way Akira looks as the Match goes on. It wasn't too long after, with Akira pissed at her opponent to where opens up Shinobu and now both ladies are bloody in this Match and aren't even second gear yet! I like how even these ladies were both hurt and bloody they went back to the injuries each other had especially Shinobu who when she puts in Submissions they are scary to look at. She puts them in so deep obviously I bet her MMA background she could legit snap limbs if she wanted to, but you believe she was really hurting Akira when she locked in a Submission.

The blood lost started to tear apart the energy of both ladies especially Akira who at one point after getting to the ropes in a deep Sleeper from Shinobu, she is slapped on her back by the Referee to make sure she is still in this world mentally. The last 5 minutes of this Match had my heart pumping wondering who in the hell was going to win this, and were their going to be a winner because both seemed like they left a piece of themselves in that Ring after the Match. I can't believe that last punch was the final blow to beat Kandori, but you look at what happened it made sense that a surprise shot could of easily of beaten the other day, if the tables were turned. The rivalry with LLPW vs AJPW continues!

I'll post the Rematch between the two in the coming days!

Last edited: