Marty Scurll Gone From ROH

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
scurll_2.jpg

Marty Scurll is no longer with Ring of Honor.

ROH posted a brief statement on Monday announcing that "Marty Scurll and Ring of Honor have mutually decided to part ways."

ROH had announced in June 2020 that they were launching an investigation into accusations made against their contracted wrestlers during the #SpeakingOut movement. A woman alleged during the #SpeakingOut movement that while drunk, she was sexually assaulted by Scurll when she was 16 years old in 2015. Scurll responded by releasing a statement saying that a sexual encounter did happen, but it was consensual. Scurll also claimed that the encounter was legal, as the age of consent in the United Kingdom is 16.

In a second statement, Scurll said that "although I did not become aware of her age until after the encounter, the reality of the age disparity is not lost on me."

Scurll had been with ROH since 2016. In January of 2020, Scurll signed a multi-year contract with ROH that also saw him join the promotion's booking team.

Scurll was removed from the ROH roster page in October, with Dave Meltzer reporting that Scurll didn't have a role with ROH at the time. Scurll hadn't wrestled for ROH following the promotion's return to television production in August and hadn't been involved in creative.

Source: f4wonline.com

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
There goes essentially my only real interest in ROH. :pour

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Scull headed to AEW I imagine to be with his homies, why not get involved with this feud with Impact since he loves getting involved with feuds with other Companies like he did with ROH towards NWA many Months ago.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I need a new reason to watch Impact so maybe them Northerners do something smart here. Scurll to join the Good Brothers.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
This motherfucker got metoo'd.....he can easily go to NXT.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I agree with NXT or AEW being the top two to pick him up. Even though his actions were not illegal, it’s still gross knowing he’s in to that stuff, but, what can you do, it was consensual and no matter how disturbing it might be to us, he “didn’t do anything wrong” in the eyes of the law.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
He can go play wrestle with his friends and everyone can act like he's a big deal

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Personally I don't see AEW going near for him a while. I would expect to see him in NJPW before that.

Reactions: Stellar

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Personally I don't see AEW going near for him a while. I would expect to see him in NJPW before that.
Impact has been known to throw caution to the wind to get talent that can help the product so I think that is the play if they still have their balls.

Not sure they still do after this summer, but maybe. We'll see I guess.

Reactions: MrFlash

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Impact has been known to throw caution to the wind to get talent that can help the product so I think that is the play if they still have their balls.

Not sure they still do after this summer, but maybe. We'll see I guess.
Less a case of "not having balls" more "not wanting that sort of person in a promotion that values its women"

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Less a case of "not having balls" more "not wanting that sort of person in a promotion that values its women"

He got a drunk blowjob from someone of age in the UK. I don’t think anything about Marty says he doesn’t value women. And I would certainly hope Impact only employs women above 18 to wrestle, anyway.

MrFlash

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
Favorite Wrestler
jerrylynn
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
He got a drunk blowjob from someone of age in the UK. I don’t think anything about Marty says he doesn’t value women. And I would certainly hope Impact only employs women above 18 to wrestle, anyway.

Said what i would have here.

Would be a huge gain for Impact but can see him going to AEW since he mate with the higher ups. Ether way I hope he joins one of them as it will be fun to see him again, last time i saw him work was in impact on the British Bootcamp which was like 6-7years ago?

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I don't think anyone fired from Impact this year was done so unfairly. Joey Ryan was a creep and no one was gonna want to work with him after all the shit went down, Dave Crist was already having to dress separate from other talents before any allegations came out, Elgin might have survived if he wasn't having legit fights with Callihan backstage, and Tessa was away and unwilling to even meet Impact halfway, which to me demonstrated a likelihood that she didn't even want to work there anymore anyways. All firings were completely justified and Joey Ryan was the only one who got fired based solely on Speaking Out accusations.

Scurll's case is one where I COULD see him being completely innocent of doing anything illegal at least, though no one but the two of them will ever know for certain. In his situation, I think the best he can do is just keep working where he's able to and over time, if there are no more incidents, he will be able to make it back to where he once was.

Reactions: Chris

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I don't think anyone fired from Impact this year was done so unfairly. Joey Ryan was a creep and no one was gonna want to work with him after all the shit went down, Dave Crist was already having to dress separate from other talents before any allegations came out, Elgin might have survived if he wasn't having legit fights with Callihan backstage, and Tessa was away and unwilling to even meet Impact halfway, which to me demonstrated a likelihood that she didn't even want to work there anymore anyways. All firings were completely justified and Joey Ryan was the only one who got fired based solely on Speaking Out accusations.

Scurll's case is one where I COULD see him being completely innocent of doing anything illegal at least, though no one but the two of them will ever know for certain. In his situation, I think the best he can do is just keep working where he's able to and over time, if there are no more incidents, he will be able to make it back to where he once was.
I mean Impact was once the place where if the talent could work they ignored the outside noise, but justified or not, that's a laundry list of names they letgo after being put on blast by social media again. I don't care for Joey so fine, I don't know why Jake was being forced to dress outside so maybe I'd have to look into that further, but I was mainly thinking of Elgin and Tessa somewhat. Plenty of talents get into fights backstage so I'd also need to know how sever they were and if they would have let him go because of that if the allegations didn't resurface, my guess is no.

Tessa's situation is different. After it all went down and seeing what I've seen since it seems to me Tessa didn't want t leave Mexico during a global pandemic and Impact was fine with that at first, but then it feels like they tried to pressure her into coming back in July and at this point several WWE Superstars were also unwilling to comeback to work yet including Sami Zayn and Roman Reigns, and Tessa had a wedding coming up and from what I've read from her camp she was willing to comeback to the states after that and she did. She dropped the Warrior's Women's title in September so I have no doubts she'd have done the same for Impact if they had to be able to wait a little bit longer. It's pandemic so shit's just different right now. I have no doubts she'd probably be back with them if things didn't sour. You can check her Twitter and she still super excited about Impact and her being their champion. She was still feeing them stories with Cage, Moose, Sami and I think maybe Ace.

Up until about June things seemed fine with Impact. S I think shit got weird with them when they asked about her working the July ppv.

As for Marty, his confession is still on his Twitter from June. If anything about it was illegal, he'd have been investigated by now and I'd imagine any other allegations if they existed would have surfaced by now. So I really think Impact should chance it. They are losing talent hand over fist.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Well Scurll is definitely in the tier of Speaking Out acusees that I imagine will recover fine over time. I don't think his case is one that's too controversial for Impact to want to pursue him, but I do think he'd probably sooner go to Japan, if those are both options for him. I can also foresee him working for AEW, but I believe they'd much rather let the heat die down more before becoming associated with him.