• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Proponents for 3D storytelling who had to sit by while their beloved technique was bastardized by Clash of the Titans remakes and Michael Bay sequels should be shouting from the rooftops now that legitimate icons like Martin Scorsese and Steven Spielberg have embraced it for Hugo and The Adventures of Tintin, respectively. But while the 3D cheerleaders have been relatively quiet, the filmmakers have been doing plenty of the talking.

In an interview with Variety, Scorsese continued to rave about the tricks he learned on Hugo, none more important than the pure fact that 3D should only be used when the project calls for it. “It's only a means, not an end,†Scorsese explained. “Real 3D is beautiful, but it's just one choice, one tool among many, and you only want to use it if it's the right tool.â€

Will it be the right tool for his next two projects? Scorsese tells the trade that he is “considering the possibility,†though stops short of confirming anything. The films he’s moving on to don’t necessarily sound like they’d need to be in 3D, but then again, neither did Hugo and Scorsese figured out how to make that work. The Oscar winner reportedly is considering Silence, the story of religious men spreading their Gospel in 17th Century Japan. From there, he planned to move to a Frank Sinatra biopic with Leonardo DiCaprio in the lead. Again, neither of those films necessarily needs to be shot in 3D, but if Scorsese wanted to restage some Sinatra concerts in 3D, I think I’d be first in line for a ticket to see that magic unfold on screen.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE say it isn't so!