• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mark Out Moment: Mick Foley Wins WWE Title For First Time VS Diesel Rumble Return

Mark Out Moment

• Foley Title Win

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • Diesel Returns

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ben

Mick Foley Wins WWE Title For First Time
[video=youtube;OSa80CxTbCU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSa80CxTbCU[/video]

Diesel Rumble Return
[video=youtube;E82B_GQkxUU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E82B_GQkxUU[/video]

Cwalker

Foley's title win was deserving but kind of a letdown...

Vote goes to Big Daddy Cool

zigglerHEEL

I was part of the reason WCW went under... Was watching Nitro, heard Foley would win the title, flipped the channel and still marked even though I knew what was coming...went from watching Nitro and taping Raw to watching Raw and taping Nitro that night......do love a good Rumble return, but this isn't close for me

Heisenberg

Was considering going with BIG SEXY here as I popped pretty hard and Striker made it even better being on commentary but had to go with Foley. That was a big moment and I'd say somewhat of a pivotal one in the ratings war.

Last edited:

The Cork

Banned
Diesel because I only expected some lameass like Hacksaw Jim Duggan to be a surprise entry, plus the guy got a huge pop when I wouldn't of thought fans would remember him.

Also Foley sucks.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Diesel because I only expected some lameass like Hacksaw Jim Duggan to be a surprise entry, plus the guy got a huge pop when I wouldn't of thought fans would remember him.

Also Foley sucks.

Yeah course he does...

Foley's title win by a country mile, one of the most deserving in history.

Gimmick

Foley's title reign may not have led to anything great, but the title win itself was a great moment.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
People turned over from Nitro to mark out for Foley winning the belt that night, I'll go with that.

Weez

I loved Foley winning the title, but Diesel's return was an actual surprise, and a good little markout moment. WCW ruined what would have been a great markout moment for Foley. Ruining it however, IS what cost them the war tho lol

Dale

Super Moderator
Got to watch Foley winning the title and that whole angle for the first time in full just last month or so and I still got pumped for it some some 13+ years later.

Diesels return was great and I immediately can see Kofi selling the surprise in the corner :kofi:

Voted Diesel just to try and make this look less of a landslide.

Tapout

Nothing is going to beat Foley winning the title in this tournament for me. Only exception is Jericho winning the Undisputed. Haven't seen if thats in this yet though.

PHX

Legacy Member
Tbh at the time it happened I didn't really mark out for Foley's title win. Over time I gained more appreciation for him though but yeah have to go with Diesel returning since it was such a nice surprise.

Troy

Foley winning the title for me, such a great moment for him to actually get the title when I never expected it to happen. Diesel returning was one hell of surprise but Foley beats it.