Mark Out Moment: CM Punk Shoots VS Brock Lesnar Shooting Star Press

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mark Out Moment

• CM Punk Shoot

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • Lesnar Shootin Star Press

Votes: 12 41.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Theres no way Vinnie Mac would have let Punk go out there and just say whatever came to mind he would have been told what points to bring up.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
It's not like Punk went out there unexpectedly and just spouted the shit. The company knew about Punk's gripes for months and he just got permission to say to the public what he had been saying to them for months so in a way they knew what to expect. It was worked shoot just not in the way you seem to think. Don't see what is so hard to grasp idea of someone being able to have a mind of their own and not have to be spoon fed stuff when he came from being able to come up with his own stuff on a regular basis. Even if he did get bullet points like you're saying he still had to fill it with his own work. Don't know why the story of how the promo went down is still being debated when he has confirmed it a million times in interviews even before the DVD.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
This is the WWE, a company where the script entire promos and matches out in advance. Where do people get this idea that it was anywhere close to a real shoot? He would have been told to go out there and say this, that and this. Then people acted like the WWE is changing, its still the exact same.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Both great moments, wouldn't mind either one going through, but voted for Lesnar's SSP.

At that stage I never knew that he used that move frequently in OVW so I didn't think he would even attempt it. When he laid out Angle and then climbed the far turnbuckle I had no clue what was next and when he went for the SSP I was out of my seat immediately. For a big guy like that it is a crazy move to perform so it was phenomenal to see especially since he tried it with Angle so far away. Then when he hit the mat it was a true holy shit moment because you didn't know if he was alright and you had no idea what was happening next.