Mark Henry Injured.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
After dropping the World Heavyweight title months earlier than expected at WWE's December TLC due to a groin injury, Henry was injured once again at Tuesday's WWE SmackDown tapings from Tuscon, AZ.

Mark Henry is believed to have suffered a hyper-extended knee during his match with the Big Show, which will air tonight on SyFy. Henry, who has dealt with knee problems in the past, threw a punch without properly planting his foot.

An reader who watched the Australian broadcast of SmackDown (which airs a day earlier down under) said it was clear that something went very wrong after Henry collapsed "like he had been shot in the thigh" and immediately exited the ring in pain. They immediately cut to commercial and the match eventually ended in a count out.

According to a script of SmackDown that has been circulating online this week, the original plan was for Daniel Bryan to attack Big Show with a chair. Show was supposed to make a comeback, chokeslam Bryan and leave him laid out. The show would then end with Henry delivering a big splash to Bryan, closing scene being Bryan destroyed in the ring.

source: lordsofpain

Guy can't catch a break.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
According to a script of SmackDown that has been circulating online this week, the original plan was for Daniel Bryan to attack Big Show with a chair. Show was supposed to make a comeback, chokeslam Bryan and leave him laid out. The show would then end with Henry delivering a big splash to Bryan, closing scene being Bryan destroyed in the ring.

God that sounds horrid.

It's a shame for Henry but he's always been injury prone and he is getting old in wrestling terms now so it's kind of expected.

Zamorakian

BITW
Reaction score
Yeah i watched Smackdown and was like WTF? When Mark Henry suddenly fell on the mat, too bad and i feel very sad for him.

Anonymous

The Artiste
Reaction score
"Like he had been shot in the thigh," oh just cause he black he needs to get shot.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Doubt he'll be in the match, but you never know. Royal Rumble matches aren't that hard for the big guys.

@[seabs], yeah, Henry & Show been in the WHC scene now for around 4 months? Need to end this at the rumble and move the Barret/Orton feud which is fantastic atm to the main event with Bryan for the title. Bryan isn't really fully heel yet, he's doing something similar to Johnny Ace.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Doubt he'll be in the match, but you never know. Royal Rumble matches aren't that hard for the big guys.

@[seabs], yeah, Henry & Show been in the WHC scene now for around 4 months? Need to end this at the rumble and move the Barret/Orton feud which is fantastic atm to the main event with Bryan for the title. Bryan isn't really fully heel yet, he's doing something similar to Johnny Ace.

Wasn't he booked for the cage match with Show and Bryan? A triple threat of Bryan, Wade and Orton would be epic. How could it happen though? Orton winning the rumble, Wade winning at EC and Bryan wanting his rematch?

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
seabs said:
Wasn't he booked for the cage match with Show and Bryan? A triple threat of Bryan, Wade and Orton would be epic. How could it happen though? Orton winning the rumble, Wade winning at EC and Bryan wanting his rematch?

Yeah forgot about that, wow. I wonder how they'll book him out of it then.

I guess that's the most probable solution, would still prefer Jericho to win the Rumble which I think will happen. But I can't see Show and Henry still going for the WHC at Mania' surely? Ugh.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Yeah forgot about that, wow. I wonder how they'll book him out of it then.

I guess that's the most probable solution, would still prefer Jericho to win the Rumble which I think will happen. But I can't see Show and Henry still going for the WHC at Mania' surely? Ugh.

I hope not but they may do it as Big Show and Marks big send off kind of deal. Which would be a sacrifice for the greater good of having both of them off my tv for ever more. I'm starting to think the only reason Bryan won the MITB was to carry these two to watchable matches.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
seabs said:
I hope not but they may do it as Big Show and Marks big send off kind of deal. Which would be a sacrifice for the greater good of having both of them off my tv for ever more. I'm starting to think the only reason Bryan won the MITB was to carry these two to watchable matches.

Lmao it probably was to begin with, but now he's Mr Viewership I'm hoping he's a serious main eventer. Use these old giants to put him over big time.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Hyper-extending is what Sin Cara did, I believe?
He's out for 6-9 months :eek:

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Hyper extending is so painful, it can come at stupid times too. For example, someone puts a cross in the box (football/soccer), you reach your leg out to block it, suddenly the body is like "Oh crap extended too far, MUST CAUSE SEVERE PAIN". It can keep you out as long as a broken leg can.

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
Damn, one of the main reasons I continued to watch Smackdown live recently is because of Mark Henry.