Manny Pacquiao on Jon Jones: 'I Love His Athleticism'

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
gyi0064410502_extra_large.jpg
It's somewhat shocking how quickly we've seen the rise of UFC Light Heavyweight champion Jon Jones. The past few months have seen his rapid assent from hot prospect to unlikely title challenger to UFC champion to UFC poster boy. Now, the champ is getting praise from no less than Manny Pacquiao. The boxing mega-star talked to 5thRound about Jones:

"I love his athleticism and the way he conducts himself."

It's rare that we hear much comment back and forth between boxing and MMA's elite, so it's refreshing for a fighter of Pacquiao's stature to give a shout out to a UFC champion. And if you had any doubts about Jones's new status as the UFC's big name star, the fact that Pacquiao himself singles him out for praise should demonstrate just where Jones stands.

Don't forget to tune in this Saturday for Manny Pacquiao vs. Shane Mosley.

HT: MMA Mania