• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mania Rankings!

Klide

Well mania is just around the corner and we did this last year I believe but there are new people here and our minds change so i thought id bring this topic back up. :)

Rank Wrestlemania's from best to worst that you've seen, 1 being the best and so on. And post what you think the best match was. Start Ranking!

1. WrestleMania X-7 - Rock Vs Austin
2. WrestleMania 20 - Chris Benoit Vs HBK Vs HHH
3. WrestleMania XIX - Chris Jericho Vs HBK
4. WresleMania 25 Only because i attended! - HBK Vs Taker
5. WresleMania 22 - Foley Vs Edge
6. WrestleMania 21 - Batista Vs HHH
7. WresleMaina 23 - Cena Vs HBK

Other Mania's i either havent seen them or forget them.

Well Post yours!

Seen 'em all....but who want's to list all that shit? Fuck that. That's too much work. /Kenny Powers.
Best:
1.WM X7- the greatest wrestling PPV, ever.
2.WM 20
3.WM 3
4.WM 10
5.WM 19

Worst:
1. WM 13
2. WM 9
3. WM 16 (2000)
4. WM 2
5. WM 7

straight_edge76

Top 5

1. XIX (solely based on the fact that i was there live)
2. XVII
3. XX
4. XIV
5. XXII

kimball99

Best

1. WM X7 - Never had a ppv like this ever.

2. WM III - Biggest drawing main event in history. I was 7 years old when I watched this, and I still never felt what I felt when Hogan Slammed Andre.

3. WM VI - I was there, so this has to be on my list. Still bothers me as to why the Rockers jobbed to the Orient Express via countout.

4.WM XIX - There were only two matches on this card I didn't care for; Hardy vs Mysterio and Booker T vs Triple H. Even the women's triple threat was pretty good.

Worst

1. WM XI - This still ranks as one of the worse ppv's WWE has ever done.

2. WM X8 - I was at this one too, and let me tell you, this was utter shit. Other then being part of the crowd for Hogan and The Rock, this entire PPV was horrible.

3. WM IX - Another shit ppv. There wasn't really anything good on this, and the way they ended it is still one of the most retarted moments in wrestling imo.

4. WM 2 - Wow, just wow lol. Not like the first wrestlemania was much better, but this was just plain awful.

Ed_cena

1.-WMX7: Austin vs The Rock and TLC (best ppv ever)
2.-WM24: Flair vs HBK and Mayweather vs Show.( I was there)
3.-WM22: Edge vs Foley and Cena vs HHH.( edge spearing foley on the flame table was priceless)
4.-WMXX: Benoit vs HHH vs HBK and Evolution vs Rock N Sock( damn awesome wrestlemania)
5.-WM23: Cena vs HBK and Batista vs Taker( great title matches)
Now THE WORST WM EVER :
WM25: Fuckin boring and horrible title matches. I stoped watchin wwe after that, started watching again since RR2010.

Best
1. WrestleMania 17: The TLC II match
2. WrestleMania 21: Kurt Angle vs Shawn Michaels
3. Wrestlemania XIX: HBK vs Y2J
4. WrestleMania 24: HBK vs Flair
5. WrestleMania XII: HBK vs Bret Hart

straight_edge76

HHH vs HBK was easily a top 5 Mania under-card match imo

Airfixx

^^^HUH? ...HHH v HBK @ WM?

3. WM VI - I was there, so this has to be on my list. Still bothers me as to why the Rockers jobbed to the Orient Express via countout.

LOL.... Seriously though, biggest fail of the night was ending Mr Perfect's "Perfect Record" at the hands of Brutus The Barber.... T'cunt!

Fave (No particular order):

WM8 - Savage/Flair, Bret/Piper, Heenan on commentary.
WM6 - My first WM.... 'Ultimate Challenge' and true youthful markdom in full effect!
WM3 - Epic event... The spectical, the Main Event, Savage/Steamboat.
WM17 - I'm sure peeps know the drill here... Stacked. Mildly over-rated IMO though.
WM19 - Rock/Austin at their best, HBK/Jericho, Hogan/Vince - Stacked.
WM21 - Eddie/Rey, Orton/Taker, HBK/Angle, MITB was ace, future stars were born - Stacked.

Worst (No particular order):

WM 9 - Massively dented my love of wrestling... Yup, I'm looking at you Hulkster.
WM 11 - Entirely forgettable (Bodybonna Skip v Barry Horrowitz FFS!?!?!?), although HBK/Diesel wasn't bad.
WM 2 - 3 venue concept was a fail. Nothing of note match-wise.... Bulldogs winning the tag straps was as good as it got.

Airfixx

1.-WMX7: Austin vs The Rock and TLC (best ppv ever)
2.-WM24: Flair vs HBK and Mayweather vs Show.( I was there)
3.-WM22: Edge vs Foley and Cena vs HHH.( edge spearing foley on the flame table was priceless)
4.-WMXX: Benoit vs HHH vs HBK and Evolution vs Rock N Sock( damn awesome wrestlemania)
5.-WM23: Cena vs HBK and Batista vs Taker( great title matches)
Now THE WORST WM EVER :
WM25: Fuckin boring and horrible title matches. I stoped watchin wwe after that, started watching again since RR2010.

Pressumably you have only seen the above then.

Wordlife

Best:

WM 17 - One of the best
WM 21 - Probably my favorite WM
WM 22 - Attended here in Chicago, LOVED IT!
WM 23 - Attended, very good ppv in general, at least live
WM 18 - Attended, Rock/Hogan and Jericho/HBK was AMAZING!

Worst:

WM25: UGHHH
WM 24: MORE UGH!
WM 20: Wasn't all that bad, it just had too much hype, kinda failed, except the triple threat was okay (Goldberg/Lesnar though = :(
WM11 - No one knows the earlier ones as much, especially this one

Worst:

WM25: UGHHH
WM 24: MORE UGH!
WM XX: Wasn't all that good, too much hype, failed, except the triple threat was okay (Goldberg/Lesnar = :(

25 I can understand. 20, I strongly disagree, but I can understand. But 24?! And to say that 23 was better?!

WM20: Benoit vs HHH vs HBK
WM24: Flair vs HBK. Pretty much everything on the card was good to great outside of 1 or 2 matches.
WM22: Angle vs Orton vs Mysterio
WM25: MitB and HBK vs Taker

Worst:
WM18
WM23
WM2

Most Wrestlemanias have been pretty bad so I haven't bothered watching the entire shows. I do have to watch Wrestlemania 17 and finish watching 19, though. Btw, aside from the main event, I think WM25 was pretty good.

Airfixx

:puke3:

....Ummmm, those that have seen them know the earlier ones.

You may find the following harsh, but it pisses me off to see 10+ years worth of stuff just casually and ignorantly written off as being insignificant just because peeps strangely enough aren't necessarily interested in knowing the history of something they profess to like/love/care about.

....WM11 is widely acknowledged as being a poor WM so apparently there's plenty of peeps out there that in fact DO remember events from before the year 1996.

And chosing to ignore WM1,3,4,6,8,10 (for a variety of reasons) is a straight-up FAIL.

Wordlife

^I have seen all the WM's, ever, and I don't know, I really wasn't feeling 11 that much :(

xtremebadass

I have seen every Mania since X-8, here is how I would rank them

1) WrestleMania 21 - So many great singles match up's: Rey/Eddie, HBK/Angle, Orton/Undertaker, Cena/JBL, HHH/Batista. It established MITB with still possibly the best MITB match yet. Plus I just loved both main event storylines going into Mania, they were so well done.

2) WrestleMania X-8 - Do I even have to say it? So many matches! So many good matches! This was my first Mania so I thought it was the greatest thing I have ever seen. Loved the Hardcore matches throughout the night. DDP WAS THERE. Hogan/Rock made that event infamous.

3) WrestleMania XIX - Like WM21, they had so many good singles match up's: Austin/Rock III, Hogan/Vince, Angle/Lesnar, HBK/Jericho. HBK vs. Jericho and Angle vs. Lesnar are two top 10 Mania matches of all time if not top 5, so that alone made WMXIX great.

4) WrestleMania XXIV - I would have ranked WM22 as #4 but Rey brought down that show for me. WMXXIV was pretty cool. I loved the MITB match and Mayweather vs. Show was a pretty cool concept. I thought HBK vs. Flair was not as good as everyone says. I was not a big fan of Edge vs. Taker either. The triple threat with Cena/Orton/HHH was at the same level at Taker vs. Edge. They were okay matches but I didn't think they were WM worthy.

5) WrestleMania 22 - This was a pretty random WM too. HBK vs. Vince and Edge vs. Foley made that PPV for sure. Both were great memorable matches. The tag team title match was odd, the Booker/Boogeyman was just stupid, and MITB has LASHLEY and RIC FLAIR. If that doesn't scream random I don't know what does. Mickie and Trish had the best Women's match I have ever seen, really zapped more life into women's wrestling since even back then it was lacking. If not for the crowd, Cena vs. Triple H would have sucked. Like I said Rey's victory brought it down, I did not like that at all.

6) WrestleMania XX - Loved the Cena/Show opener, it was a solid opener but unfortunately had a pretty lack luster show to follow. I still don't see the hype over the triple threat. Angle vs. Eddie was a great match, loved watching it, classic Eddie. If WWE didn't completely crap all over Lesnar vs. Goldberg this PPV would have ranked higher. Taker and Kane was well built up but the match was forgettable. I lol'd at the Rock's promo then Rock N' Sock vs. Evolution. That's all, that stuck out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of the card. I enjoyed that match though.

7) WrestleMania 23 - I struggled to distinguish which was worse, 25 or 23...I had to rank 23 higher because it had more than just one good match. HBK vs. Cena, Taker vs. Batista, Benoit vs. MVP, and the MITB were all enjoyable matches compared to WM25's ONE GOOD MATCH, it was a great match though. Kane's match sucked, the women's match sucked, Battle of the Billionaires bombed, and...wait...was that it?

8) WrestleMania 25 - It was watchable, but painful. I ordered it and it just went downhill right from the start. It didn't have the WM feel, except during the Taker/HBK match, that did not deserve to be on such a crappy PPV, but if not for that this WrestleMania might have not even existed.