Man finds grenade in Golden Gate Park

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
sfgate.com said:
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man exploring Golden Gate Park with a metal detector Thursday stumbled on a buried, World War II-era hand grenade, San Francisco police said.

The man was walking near Mallard Lake on the 1300 block of Martin Luther King Jr. Drive about 1:10 p.m. when his metal detector registered a find, said Officer Carlos Manfredi, a police spokesman.

"He went to dig it up and noticed it looked like a hand grenade and called us," Manfredi said. "He sees it and says, 'OK, time to call police.' "

The bomb squad closed the street, then rendered the grenade safe at about 3:30 p.m., said police spokesman Sgt. Michael Andraychak.

Police don't know how the grenade ended up in the park, but they doubt there are more.

"It took someone with a metal detector to locate it and uncover the earth to dig it up," Andraychak said. "Things turn up in places from time to time. It's hard to explain why."
I hope they let him keep the grenade once they defused it, that thing could actually be worth some good money. On another note, I really need to get a metal detector, those things seem like tons of fun.