Man convicted of murdering U of C student

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

Lots of wrestling updates

Note:I am not saying this is all true I am just reporting it

These are just little highlights I picked up of the latest news....

-Apparently WWE are considering moving Orton to Smackdown or ECW as punshment because apparently he likes RAW and Raw is considered the number one brand.Also they are discussing leaving him off the major PPV's such as summerslam and Survivor series for a while.

-Apparently Triple H is against Mick Foley.It is reported that when Vince considers booking Foley,Triple H tells him not to and Vince eventually agrees.

-The Dudleyz recently did an interview after winning the NWA Tag Team Titles;
They said that the new ECW is a piss-pour,
said Vince is trying to create ECW into another brand and thye would be disgraced to show up at the new ECW,
Bubba said he owns the rights to the Dudley name and is upset he cannot use it anymore.
Bubbah also said he had a falling out with Paul Heyman a while back after Heyman lied many times.
He said regardless of Vince's recent thing with ECW,he wishes Vince the best and may even work as an agent for him one day.
He also said that TNA is in a growing process right now but the future looks bright.

-Also reports that Rikishi signed wit WWE are repotedly false!

-Also Randy Orton is still expected to wrestle at Backlash tommorow.
(From 24wrestling.com and wrestleattitude.com)

The Anigma

Reaction score
thanks for the news...I don't think Orton's going to be moved anywhere or off the pay per views though

This Guy

Of course Orton is still going to wrestle at Backlash. I mean if he wasn't they would have pulled him earlier. Theres no reason to pull him from the main event, its not like he was going to win anyways. I don't know for sure who will, but I knew right aways it wouldn't be Orton.

As for Dudley's nothing he said there suprises me, except the whole he owns the rights to Dudleys. If thats true then there is no reason why they couldn't use it. The truth is, and if you do a trademark search you'll learn that the WWE owns the rights to the Dudleys name. This is why they are called Team 3D and not the Dudleys. Other then that, there never has been ill will towards the WWE from the Dudleys. The only reason they left was because John whats his face who took over JR's job, fucked up the negotiations. If JR had still be doing the job when it was time for them to resign, they would still be there.

Soulpower

I read that interview with the Bubba and from what I read it seems they didn't leave the E on bad terms. It doesn't mean that they'll return, just that the door isn't closed on them.

About Orton, I heard a couple of times that he was supposed to go to ECW, but a certain wrestler with a lot of pull (HHH) decided against it, so Angle was moved to ECW and Orton was sent to RAW to feud with the likes of HHH and HBK.

Captive8

Reaction score
Orton needs to be punished and if that calls for being booted down to Smackdown or ECW, so be it. Oh God how bad would that look if Orton was on ECW?

DerBausparer

Reaction score
what? Orton on Smackdown would be bad,...But what should he do on ECW. oh my good that would be terrible

Kairi

Reaction score
<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

Amadou Cisse, kiled in ’07.

Amadou Cisse’s family never got to see him reach his full potential.
Just weeks away from receiving his Ph.D. in chemistry, the bright student from Senegal was gunned down near the University of Chicago leaving those left behind wondering how much he could have achieved.
On Monday, Demetrius “Meechie†Warren was handed a bleaker future courtesy of 12 Cook County jurors who found him guilty in Cisse’s murder.
Warren, 21, also was convicted of armed robbery and aggravated discharge of a firearm charges related to other attacks he and others orchestrated in Hyde Park leading up to Cisse’s Nov. 19, 2007 slaying.

“Our grief is constant,†Cisse’s godmother Czerny Brasuell said after the verdicts. “We will always be aware of the presence of his absence. We have notified his family in Senegal [of the verdict]. Perhaps this will help in the ongoing process of healing.â€
Meanwhile Warren’s mother proclaimed his innocence.
“He’s not cold-hearted like that. He wouldn’t take someone’s life,†she said outside Judge Dennis Porter’s courtroom.
Warren looked down while the verdicts were read after 2 1/2 hours of deliberation.

“Instead of Dr. Amadou Cisse, we have Demetrius Warren, doctor of death,†assistant state’s attorney Mark Shlifka said in his closing arguments.
Warren shot Cisse in the chest with a .22 caliber weapon when Cisse refused to give his book bag to Warren and his cohort Benjamin Williams.
Shlifka and his partner Andreana Turano told jurors to focus on the testimony of Eric Walker —Warren’s friend who drove Warren and three others around before Warren shot 29-year-old Cisse in the 6100 block of South Ellis.

Walker agreed to testify for the prosecution in exchange for 20 years in prison for an armed robbery conviction. He initially admitted he lied to authorities about who pulled the trigger because Warren beat him up and threatened to kill him if he went to police.
Walker said while they were locked up in Cook County Jail awaiting trial, Warren told him to frame Williams for the murder. “The state ain’t got s---,†Walker recalled Warren telling him.
Warren’s attorney Richard Kling said Walker, who rented the car used in the crime spree for two bags of cocaine, could not be trusted.

“This poor 16-year-old kid,†Kling said, sarcastically referring to the now 20-year-old Walker. “You can’t believe him beyond a reasonable doubt.â€
Jamal Bracey, 21, is currently serving 39 years in prison for Cisse’s slaying and burglarizing a physician’s South Side home where prosecutors said he and Warren stole two guns, including the gun used in Cisse’s murder.

Williams, 24, was sentenced to 41 years in prison last year for the fatal shooting and robbery charges.
A fifth man who was in the car during the robberies and murder was never charged in Cisse’s death.

Man convicted of murdering U of C student - Chicago Sun-Times
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->