Mall says no to sagging pants

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

the dark knight

Love the Undertaker. Just wanna say that.

Ever since he's returned as the deadman... meh not so much.

The gimmick is just too hokey now. I mean, come on, lightning bolts, collapsing rings. Please.

They should have never changed him from the BikerTaker.

agree there

phantomgerald

the biker gimmick was better for two reasons.

1) it made him human. none of the stupid lightning and yet still making him look strong.

2)people just like to see constant change and thats why they want the taker as deadman back. now that they seen both sides, i think some of them prefer the biker gimmick

3lions

Reaction score
I have always been a fan of the Undertaker. He is a true legend and to be at the top level for as many years as he has, is a great accomplishment. I agree that he is a man of great talent and is one of the greatest 'big men' of all time. He has successed with both the legendary Deadman gimmick, aswell as the biker gimmick, a stark contrast in gimmicks which helped keep him and his character interesting, something which is a necessity in wrestling.

However, there are certain elements of this topic I disagree with. There is no doubt that Undertaker is a great performer, but to say he is "the best in ring competitor in WWE" is a bit over the top. Although he has upped his game in recent months, he has lost a lot of speed and conditioning over the years (as is natural) and the general standard of his matches aren't at the level they were at his peak (which is one again, natural). And that to the fact that there are several very talented wrestlers in WWE currently (Benoit, Edge, Shawn Michaels, etc.), I don't agree with the statement he is the best WWE has to offer.

Also, as much as 'The Streak' is a phenomen in wrestling, given the right opportunity/circumstances, it should be used to put over a future star. Undertaker is a firm believer of putting over new talent to help the business progress once the current headliners have left, so by losing his streak to the 'next big thing' would be the ultimate put over. I firmly believe this should have been the case two years ago when Undertaker faced Orton. That was the time to end the streak (for the record, I don;t believe Batista should be the one to end the streak, he isn't worthy of such an honour).

Also, a big issue I have with 'taker is that he has hardly appeared on Smackdown! over the past couple of years. I know he works a part-time schedule, but if he is going to remain as a main eventer, he needs to be appearing on TV week in, week out. He has been doing this since the Royal Rumble, but this should have been done a long time ago and should continue to be the case until he retires.

Once again, I have nothing but respect for 'taker and am a fan, but he isn't untouchable and immune from critisism.

Kairi

Reaction score
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Pants worn far below the waist of young men is a common sight, but one Houston mall is taking a stand.

It's a popular style of wearing pants called "sagging" where the bottoms are worn way below the waist. Wearer Derrick Johnson said, "Man, it's just a fashion statement. It's just something we do."
But sagging is something no longer allowed at Greenspoint Mall now that it's changed its code of conduct. Self-described "saggers" like Gregory Power say they don't like the policy one bit.

"I think it's outrageous," he said. An ABC13 Eyewitness News viewer sent us a photo of the "no sagging pants policy" Greenspoint Mall recently posted at its main entrance. Some shoppers like Irma Garza say it's about time.
"I think that's good, because it makes the mall look bad with all the guys wearing the pants down," Garza said.
No one from the mall would talk on camera about the new no sagging pants policy, but a Greenspoint spokeswoman told me the fashion trend was causing such an issue, security kept asking management to do something about it.

"I do support the Greenspoint policy that they have," said shopper Latoya Jernigan. "Pull your pants up. Pull them up! It's very embarrassing walking around here like that."
"I just won't shop there then," Power said. "Simple as that."
We spoke with KTRK Legal Analyst Joel Androphy via Skype this afternoon. He says private businesses have the right to enforce a dress code, whether shoppers like it or not, as long as the rules don't discriminate by race, religion or gender. "The rationale is they have a lot of people coming into the mall and they have to cater to a lot of concerns, and most people are uncomfortable around people whose pants are halfway down," said Androphy.

The mall spokeswoman says if security spots someone sagging, they'll be asked to pull their pants up. She says if that shopper refuses, they'll be asked to leave