Malakai Black takes some time off

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
the half serious part is kind of icky, since yknow, assuming and spreading stuff like that is what upset him in the first place. I digress, seems much more to me like he was contemplating retiring/quitting completely and was talked down to just taking time away and seeing how he feels after. Now he sounds grateful that he did.
I know, but again as I said I know that would be the first thing people would say since wrestling fans tend to be predictable lol. I am more on the side that he wanted to quit and leave wrestling behind, which I can get honestly.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I thought implying a return to WWE would be irrational was pretty funny myself lol
oh lol I didn't even consider that lol.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I know, but again as I said I know that would be the first thing people would say since wrestling fans tend to be predictable lol. I am more on the side that he wanted to quit and leave wrestling behind, which I can get honestly.
Yeah it genuinely sounds like he was going through a lot of shit over the past few months/year and that shit stacks. I thinks its pretty reasonable that he hit his breaking point like we all have in life, said fuck it Ill just quit and work on myself where no one will bother me and theres not all this pressure, and AEW was like "ok hey, why dont you take the time you need and then make a more informed decision". which tbh im sure WWE also has done countless of times for a various of reasons, and really a lot of workplaces do that when ppl have burnouts

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Yeah it genuinely sounds like he was going through a lot of shit over the past few months/year and that shit stacks. I thinks its pretty reasonable that he hit his breaking point like we all have in life, said fuck it Ill just quit and work on myself where no one will bother me and theres not all this pressure, and AEW was like "ok hey, why dont you take the time you need and then make a more informed decision". which tbh im sure WWE also has done countless of times for a various of reasons, and really a lot of workplaces do that when ppl have burnouts
Pretty much and I think some of it was burnout and some of it could have been him feeling useless, for lack a better term, in AEW.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Pretty much and I think some of it was burnout and some of it could have been him feeling useless, for lack a better term, in AEW.
id say useless is a very strong word from my POV because he was still booked quite strong and prominently when he was available. Now, I do believe he had some frustration from inconsistent booking and id agree with him but I think circumstance is still responsible for a big portion of that (some of it was sleeping on booking too by tk). That leads me to believe that his unhappyness with booking is likely founded in truth but vastly exaggerated, likely by people who are frustrated with their own booking and perhaps projecting a little bit. Just a theory, tho.

Reactions: Rosie

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I’m glad he’s in a better head space mentally. Good for him

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
id say useless is a very strong word from my POV because he was still booked quite strong and prominently when he was available. Now, I do believe he had some frustration from inconsistent booking and id agree with him but I think circumstance is still responsible for a big portion of that (some of it was sleeping on booking too by tk). That leads me to believe that his unhappyness with booking is likely founded in truth but vastly exaggerated, likely by people who are frustrated with their own booking and perhaps projecting a little bit. Just a theory, tho.
That is why I said for a lack of a better term because he was booked well and more, but he himself may have felt useless. I can get behind that theory honestly because I mean hell AEW has become super formulaic as of late so the booking idea makes sense to me.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
That is why I said for a lack of a better term because he was booked well and more, but he himself may have felt useless. I can get behind that theory honestly because I mean hell AEW has become super formulaic as of late so the booking idea makes sense to me.
Yeah I do think more and more that TK is leaning on ppl he deems reliable and present so I could see a situation where due to Malakai's personal and physical situation there was a loss of trust to book them more (some of this is unfair to malakai ofc, as some of it was other ppl getting injured that froze an angle and tk should have pivoted better). At the very least it sounds like Malakai is feeling better and hopefully more valued and AEW realized that Malakai is an asset people are passionate about and dont want to see squandered.

in a perfect world, this situation may bring both parties closer together and create some cool ass stuff. That's my hope at least

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Yeah I do think more and more that TK is leaning on ppl he deems reliable and present so I could see a situation where due to Malakai's personal and physical situation there was a loss of trust to book them more (some of this is unfair to malakai ofc, as some of it was other ppl getting injured that froze an angle and tk should have pivoted better). At the very least it sounds like Malakai is feeling better and hopefully more valued and AEW realized that Malakai is an asset people are passionate about and dont want to see squandered.

in a perfect world, this situation may bring both parties closer together and create some cool ass stuff. That's my hope at least
Agree with that all, and my hope, and I know this sounds dumb, is that HoB becomes a more featured stable, along with a few others, but when MJF wins the belt against Mox. HoB come out and celebrate with him since he is a satanist after all, and you can play into the whole "wealthy" people worship the devil and all.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Agree with that all, and my hope, and I know this sounds dumb, is that HoB becomes a more featured stable, along with a few others, but when MJF wins the belt against Mox. HoB come out and celebrate with him since he is a satanist after all, and you can play into the whole "wealthy" people worship the devil and all.
im all for satanist angle so uve got my vote

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler