Malakai Black takes some time off

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
tl dr: I feel that a lot of people have just decided that the women's division booking sucks no matter what AEW does

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The vocal minority part is 100% true, the loudest critics are always who people focus on. That's one of the reasons the internet seems so fickle (and partly because a lot are also fickle lol)

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Ah yes. Malakai Black.

Hope he enjoys his time off.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
The vocal minority part is 100% true, the loudest critics are always who people focus on. That's one of the reasons the internet seems so fickle (and partly because a lot are also fickle lol)
yeah it just feels so loud at times. doesn't help a lot of fake bot accounts post and signal boost this shit. then there is the whole hot take culture where everyone wants to get their internet points with their super cool take thats usually a thinly veiled put down of x y z

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
the constant and unrelenting dogging thats gotten to the point where any women's segment is dismissed regardless of it's content because 'tony khan doesn't care about the women's division' or my new favorite ''Jaime Hayter isn't champion (while there's still an interim to be resolved) so anything else that happens with women is dismissible''
Must be a lot of neckbreads, lol. Seriously, though I get what you are saying and coming from because those bugs me as well. I don't mind when someone has detailed and valid points.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
yeah it just feels so loud at times. doesn't help a lot of fake bot accounts post and signal boost this shit. then there is the whole hot take culture where everyone wants to get their internet points with their super cool take thats usually a thinly veiled put down of x y z
I hate the whole hot take culture that has been created because majority of them aren't even hot takes. They are either trolling, edgy, or lol I am going to play devil's advocate for the fun of it.

• Love
Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Must be a lot of neckbreads, lol. Seriously, though I get what you are saying and coming from because those bugs me as well. I don't mind when someone has detailed and valid points.
Hey I'm not even hiding behind it fwiw, I've for sure been guilty of it and called out and should be continued to be called out. It's why I challenge people on this board, especially the ones who I deem intelligent and I respect greatly, with facts and counter points when we all inevitably resolve to these things. Even if it may annoy the person at the time, I feel it's worth presenting an alternative outlook in the hopes of maybe changing someone's outlook.

criticizing from a place of honestly is fucking hard though, and a lot easier when ppl around you challenge and keep you honest.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Hey I'm not even hiding behind it fwiw, I've for sure been guilty of it and called out and should be continued to be called out. It's why I challenge people on this board, especially the ones who I deem intelligent and I respect greatly, with facts and counter points when we all inevitably resolve to these things. Even if it may annoy the person at the time, I feel it's worth presenting an alternative outlook in the hopes of maybe changing someone's outlook.

criticizing from a place of honestly is fucking hard though, and a lot easier when ppl around you challenge and keep you honest.
I respect that, and I have been called before back on WWEF, lol, so I understand. I like to do that as well mainly just to see the opposing view or see what someone sees or thinks that I may not have thought of. I do think it is great to present a different viewpoint because that way you get what I like to call a full 360 view on something, and I never hope to change someone's view as much as hope they can understand my point or even rethink of how to present theirs, if that makes sense.

Agreed.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
It's also annoying when we actually have like AEW Women's division criticism but everyone just piles on with nonsense before we can talk about it :lol

There deffo feels like at times some of the dumbest criticisms of stuff when there are legit problem which stops actual productive discussion

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I was being half serious and half joking since I know that would be the common reply

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
the half serious part is kind of icky, since yknow, assuming and spreading stuff like that is what upset him in the first place. I digress, seems much more to me like he was contemplating retiring/quitting completely and was talked down to just taking time away and seeing how he feels after. Now he sounds grateful that he did.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I thought implying a return to WWE would be irrational was pretty funny myself lol