Major League Wrestling Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Blue Meanie returns to MLW in Philly

The-return-of-The-Blue-Meanie.jpg

MLW today announced the return of The Blue Meanie for Kings of Colosseum ’22 on Friday, May 13 at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia, featuring an MLW Fusion TV taping.

Grab your tickets at http://www.MLW2300.com and the 2300 Arena box office.

One of Philly’s most beloved (and bluest) will return to South Philadelphia this Friday when the Blue Meanie returns.

What will The Blue World Order’s jovial and mischievous be up to?

Find out LIVE Friday night, May 13 in Philadelphia at MLW Kings of Colosseum!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

New era Samoan Swat Team debuts in Philly this Friday

Samoan-Swat-Team-vs.-Los-Aztecas-Uno-y-Cinco.jpg

MLW today announced the new era Samoan Swat Team (Lance Anoa’i & Juicy Finau) vs. Cesar Duran’s Los Azteca Uno y Cinco for Kings of Colosseum ’22 this Friday, May 13 at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia, featuring an MLW Fusion TV taping.

Grab your tickets at http://www.MLW2300.com and the 2300 Arena box office.

A new faction arrives in Major League Wrestling this Friday.

The Samoan Swat Team ravaged the tag team circuit in the 1980s and 90s with Samu and Fatu warring with the likes of the Steiner Bros., Von Erichs, Freebirds and countless others as they took the world by storm.

Now, the next generation of one of wrestling’s great tag teams will unite and debut on Friday, May 13 in Philadelphia.

Recently, Fatu and Cesar Duran have been quarreling. After a vicious attack at the hands of Bestia 666, Cesar Duran and his considerable influence and never-ending army of luchadores have only escalated in their attacks and games. It’s clear Jacob Fatu is fighting a one man war. So, “The Samoan Werewolf” is countering by forming his own swat team!

In addition to Fatu, the swat team features a powerful combo of speed, power and force in Lance Anoa’i and Juicy Finau.

Lance Anoa’i, the son of Samoan Swat Team founding member Samu, grandson of Afa and cousin of The Rock, is a blend of agility and innovation. Teaming with Jacob Fatu over the years, Lance and Fatu are as close as it gets in and away from the ring.

And while Tongans and Samoans have at times been engulfed in their own wars, including possibly a king being eaten during a contentious island conflict, Tongan Juicy Finau is family to Fatu. Super heavyweight Finau and Fatu represent the west coast of the Polynesian family. A proud Tongan with a devastating arsenal that defies and quite possibly breaks gravity, Finau rounds out what could be this decade’s most dangerous and promising team.

Cesar Duran has welcomed Fatu’s swat team to MLW… by signing a bout sheet for their debut as the SST in Philadelphia against Cesar Duran’s Los Azteca Uno y Cinco.

Will Duran’s duo dash the debut of Fatu’s SST or will Fatu’s swat team wreck shop? Find out LIVE Friday night, May 13 in Philadelphia at MLW Kings of Colosseum!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
mlw.jpg

Source: f4wonline.com

Samoan Dynasty member Lance Anoa'i has officially signed a contract with MLW.

The signing of Anoa'i was announced by MLW CEO Court Bauer during an appearance on Busted Open Radio on Thursday morning. Anoa'i is part of the newly formed Samoan Swat Team in MLW with Jacob Fatu and Juicy Finau.

"We’ve just signed Lance Anoa’i. Lance is the son of Samu, the cousin of The Rock, cousin of Roman Reigns, and he’s a third generation wrestler, grandfather is Afa Anoa’i and he’s part of our new-era Samoan Swat Team with Fatu and big Juicy [Finau] and I think this is gonna be an exciting time," Bauer said on Busted Open Radio. "You’re gonna see the hottest faction -- they debuted in Philly and they basically were the most in-demand T-shirt, everyone wanted to see their match. I think we got something special with the new era S.S.T."

Anoa'i & Finau teamed together to defeat Los Aztecas (Uno & Cinco) at MLW's Kings of Colosseum television tapings earlier this month.

Anoa'i has made appearances as an enhancement talent for WWE in the past, including facing Shane McMahon on an episode of Raw in 2019.

Bauer also announced on Busted Open Radio that Fatu will be an entrant in MLW's Battle Riot match next month. Killer Kross, Lince Dorado, Calvin Tankman, Alex Kane, Marshall Von Erich, and Fatu have now been confirmed for the 40-man match. The winner receives an MLW World Championship shot whenever they want it.

The Battle Riot tapings are being held at the Melrose Ballroom in New York City on Thursday, June 23.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Watched a recent ep of MLW, mainly because I saw Markyd123 do a video about it per say, and i have to say I am kind of impressed with their set up and all now given what I remember.

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Scarlett Bordeaux makes debut June 23 in NYC

The Smoke Show has entered the featherweight division
scarlett-bordeaux.jpg

Major League Wrestling today announced Scarlett Bordeaux will make her MLW in-ring debut at the Battle Riot when MLW returns to New York City’s Melrose Ballroom on June 23, featuring an MLW Fusion TV taping.

Limited tickets are available at www.MLWNYC.com and on Eventbrite.

A heat advisory has been issued for the women’s featherweight division as pro wrestling’s smoke show, Scarlett Bordeaux, has officially joined Major League Wrestling.

MLW matchmaker Cesar Duran is meeting today with several potential opponent’s for the silver siren’s debut. A match announcement is forthcoming.

In the meantime, it may be best to fall and pray to the Perfect 10 as Scarlett Bordeaux has made an ominous warning that all in MLW’s new featherweight division cannot stop the unstoppable.

Known as the doomsday duo, along with her husband Killer Kross, Bordeaux and Kross have left a path of destruction in their wake from Mexico to the US. Now, they have set their eyes on MLW as they look to turn up the heat in New York City June 23.

Promising destruction and domination, what happens when Scarlett Bordeaux makes her in-ring MLW debut?

Find out LIVE in New York City on June 23 at MLW Battle Riot IV!

Reactions: Alexa

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
@Chris since I just began rewatching MLW, I have a question. Why is Alicia with Ridge?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
It was actually an absolutely amazing angle. Hammerstone kind of turned himself face as he became a main eventer and Holliday was supporting him throughout bc they were friends despite being heelish still. Simultaneously Alicia and Holliday started having some major sexual tension in interviews and basically everyone assumed they were just in denial about being in love with each other.

Holliday slowly becomes more and more babyface as he helps Hammer whole he's 100% babyface and Champion now, and they have some absolutely hilarious segments between them and Alica while feuding with Cesar Duran and his goons....then BAM the heel turn we expected from Holliday finally happens which was very sad bc the segments between the three as faces were so good....but then SWERVE Alicia is heel too and it turns out Holliday was a bad influence on her while everyone was predicting that she was the reason he had been turning good :lol

• Wow

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Damn...I am kind of mad I missed of all that because I remember the very pre-beginning of Alicia and Ridge. And thanks

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Like I remember a few segments where Holliday was like "bro am i a babyface now Hammer???" And both Hammer and Alicia were like "eh....tweener at best" and that was a running gag for a few weeks lol was really good stuff

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
...I am attempted to go back and watch all of this now, lol

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

July 16 Chicago event update

The arena and live event division is revamping the 2022 schedule. Expect some change-ups in the calendar… and surprises on the horizon as business is about to pick up on the television end of the league’s operations.

Unfortunately, Major League Wrestling’s July 16 card is no longer taking place in Chicago, due to these taping schedule changes.

Refunds have been issued via Eventbrite and also are available at all points of purchase. If you have a question, please email refund@mlw.com.

MLW would like to thank all of our fans that have purchased tickets for this event. MLW is working to re-schedule a fight card in Chicago in the near future.

MLW returns to New York City for the first time in 3 years June 23 for the Battle Riot IV and the enthusiasm is palpable.

Tickets are becoming scarce as this super card is tracking to sellout, just like the Battle Riot III did last year. Get your tickets before they’re gone at MLWNYC.com and Eventbrite.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
They're vaguely teasing some sort of TV deal in that

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
All I can tell you is that YouTube is the only way I can watch Fusion weekly lol I don't gave beIN sports so idk if it's still on there

• Haha