Major error during RAW main event

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kio

Jobber
Reaction score
Didn't notice it much, though it was a black sudden screen I think.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Seemed random as they cut Show off mid speech it seemed.

Delbusto2

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Didn't see RAW live so I missed out on that, sounds really strange though. I'd hate to be the guys in charge of whatever went wrong if Trips was legitimately upset as it said.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I love how I see people posting some variation on "somebody definitely got fired".

You don't fire your head coach/manager/whatever for one loss and you certainly don't fire him just because a running back fumbled the ball, even if it happens on national television. It was a mistake. They happen. Yeah, somebody definitely got reamed for it. Maybe they were threatened with firing. But, I'm willing to bet that, if this was their first mistake (or even first in a really long time), they didn't get fired over one screw-up.

Some people around here don't know much about real-world business or business management.

wk

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, I doubt anyone lost their job over that. If you make a mistake that puts someone's health and well-being at risk - like the pyrotechnician who accidentally set off Taker's pyro too early and burned him as a result at Elimination Chamber 2010 - I could see you losing your job. Jericho said that guy was fired before Taker even walked back behind the curtain after the match was over. But a simple mistake like this won't cost anyone their job. There's been a couple of times in the past when the sound guys hit the wrong person's music (I remember in 2001 during the Invasion when Spike Dudley was coming to the ring and they set off someone else's theme, and then again in 2005 hit Charlie Haas' music instead of Muhammad Hassan's theme right after Hassan got done giving a serious promo (which, if you saw it, was the definition of awkward)) but I'm doubtful anyone was fired over little mistakes like that, or what happened on Raw in the last segment.

Only way I could see someone being let go over it is if they were a brand new person on the job and made a mistake right away, but I doubt even that would get them kicked to the unemployment line.

Reactions: Wacokid27

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Only way I could see someone being let go over it is if they were a brand new person on the job and made a mistake right away, but I doubt even that would get them kicked to the unemployment line.

I would think it would be the other way around. I've always treated mistakes from vets more seriously than I do mistakes from rookies (which I view more as "real-world" training opportunities). That being said, you don't usually fire someone over one act. You fire them over a pattern of behavior.

wk

Reactions: GrammarNazi82

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
2nd rate compuy, but seriously after seeing this thread, it got me to go back and watch this segment on Raw. Wish I woulda watched it live, that commercial break would have been such a breath of fresh air after seeing Big Show and Triple H talk. Actually it needed more commercial breaks, they pay the bills, ya know? :eek:tunga:

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
We are human, we make mistakes. No one should lose their jobs over something that will be forgotten in a few weeks. If it was constant, then I'd consider it, but i've never noticed this sort of thing before. Still didn't really notice it that much to begin with.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I would think it would be the other way around. I've always treated mistakes from vets more seriously than I do mistakes from rookies (which I view more as "real-world" training opportunities). That being said, you don't usually fire someone over one act. You fire them over a pattern of behavior.

wk

I guess you could see it both ways. To me, it seems like a more experienced person would get off lighter because humans make mistakes and they would have already years of performing their job well with no glaring screw ups yet (otherwise they wouldn't have remained employed this long.) On the other hand, a newer person coming into a big company like WWE and screwing up right away sets a worse example because it smacks of incompetency off the bat. At least that's how I would see it if I were The Boss.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
If it's a new guy in the production staff, he deserves another chance. You can't just fire someone after one simple mistake. That's silly. If it's someone who's been around for a long time, there's no way you can fire the guy. Raw's production staff ALWAYS does a great job, the production of the show always comes across well, and while it didn't come across great on TV people weren't thinking any worse of the production values or saw this as a huge mistake or anything. People just said "what the hell?" shrugged their shoulders and finished watching the segment. Far from a firable offense.

But guess it's in the IWC's nature to call for everyone to get fired for everything

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
If it's a new guy in the production staff, he deserves another chance. You can't just fire someone after one simple mistake. That's silly. If it's someone who's been around for a long time, there's no way you can fire the guy. Raw's production staff ALWAYS does a great job, the production of the show always comes across well, and while it didn't come across great on TV people weren't thinking any worse of the production values or saw this as a huge mistake or anything. People just said "what the hell?" shrugged their shoulders and finished watching the segment. Far from a firable offense.

But guess it's in the IWC's nature to call for everyone to get fired for everything
Truth is none of us know exactly what happened. What happened may have been an firable offense, it may not have been. We can't know either way.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
In what way would it be?

A dude showed up to work drunk. Dude fucked up due to reading a text or talking to a chick or any other act showing blatant negligence. Its the 3rd or 4th time the person has fucked up.