MAJOR CHANGE TO RAW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Starting July 23, 2012, Raw on USA will be 3-hours every week. Confirmed by multiple people within WWE, WWE.com, USA Network...

Pre-show hour or will it be like any 3-hour Raw? Good or bad decision?

...god...

Reaction score
Fail. 3 hours isn't gonna help their 2.9s

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
I knew that this company was turning into WCW circa 2000 since the Nexus mishandling...this just confirms the full turnover. This will suck, no doubt.

Reaction score
These dumbass writers have a hard enough time putting together a barely watchable two hour show. Three hours is gonna be like a torture session. The only possibly way this could work is if they actually use it to elevate some new stars and give them a chance to shine instead of it always being the Cena/Punk/Ace/Trips show.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
These dumbass writers have a hard enough time putting together a barely watchable two hour show. Three hours is gonna be like a torture session. The only possibly way this could work is if they actually use it to elevate some new stars and give them a chance to shine instead of it always being the Cena/Punk/Ace/Trips show.

Pretty much this.

Reaction score

I can not agree with this in anyway. Up until this past week, Raw had been pretty freakin awesome. And you say they need to let new stars shine; Tensai and Clay have been pretty friggin strongly booked, so thats a moot point to an extent.

This past week was just atrocious and they have overkilled Lauranitis when he was a sure bright spot. Big Show crying was fucking awful and moving to three hours is a bad, bad idea. Why don't they move SD! back to Thursdays, not to "compete" with TNA, there is no competition there, but because people dont want to watch wrestling on Fridays and focus on making that show respectable. Ratings will never be what they once were, extending the show wont change it. What matters is that if they put something out there that people want to see, they will pay big bucks to see it. Wrestlemania was incredibly successful but the numbers for the Raws leading up to Mania wouldn't make you think what they achieved with Mania would be possible. Make the most of what you got, push Bryan since its obvious he has the potential to be the next big thing, his catchphrase is the most over catchphrase in many a moon and go back to basic booking. Mark Henry, who was thought of as a waste of space was booked so simply that it was effective to the point where he was one of the most entertaining and over characters. Sad that he might have to retire now...

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^I think the fans also get sick of Cena getting all the greenlight on shit that obviously was supposed to be Punk's storyline (with Ace) and the WWE Championship being overlooked more and more.

BTW, if they do this hour pre-show shit, with a match or two, it might not be so bad. But if it's Cole/Lawler hyping all the storylines and what happens next, or Striker & Grisham, they can go fuck themselves.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
BTW, if they do this hour pre-show shit, with a match or two, it might not be so bad. But if it's Cole/Lawler hyping all the storylines and what happens next, or Striker & Grisham, they can go fuck themselves.

An hour show with two matches and hype? Though that's what the YouTube matches were for.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^LOL

Not everyone is on Youtube... something tells me they'll just use it how they were going to use WWE Network... and show the Youtube shows and shit v_v

Reaction score
What happened with WWE Network? I was really hoping for that to go through as I had a blast watching WWE 24-7 or whatever the fuck it was called back when I had Comcast. But Comcast doesn't cover the shithole town I live in and now use ATT UVerse (which has the best internet service per capita) but doesn't carry the WWE 24-7. Best seven bucks I spent a month.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
WWE 24/7 was the shit. I enjoyed watching the shit they had up on the Territories. Because of my age, that's always been an obscure part of pro wrestling (well, Wrasslin') that I always wanted to get into. Also the Monday Night Wars things where they switched from Nitro to Raw on the same night were epic. About this 3-hour thing, I wouldn't mind a pre-show full of actual matches with guys that usually don't make it to the main card. Could be very entertaining and would give me less incentive to go out of my way to watch Superstars. However, I don't see it happening that way. I see an extra hour full of segment-commercial-divas match-segment-commercial.